Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Help Needed: Weight Calculation For PHP Website - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help Needed: Weight Calculation For PHP Website (1686 Views)

Dowload Andriod App For Income Tax And Net Pay Calculation-Simple And Detailed. / Help On Login Code For Php N How To Store On Data Base. / [Code Request] Code for PHP Login And Signup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed: Weight Calculation For PHP Website by arramyjay: 8:17am On Jun 06, 2009
Hi i am creating this website,but a bit stacked on the rate and weight calculation,can any1 help me with php or java scripts to calculate this?
Weight,amount.

thanks.
Re: Help Needed: Weight Calculation For PHP Website by sjohn: 9:49am On Jun 10, 2009
Please use google next time, you will get a thousand script to tweak.
Re: Help Needed: Weight Calculation For PHP Website by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 10, 2009
Interesting, not enough details to help, this poster does not look serious to me.
No language specified, nothing . . . i am outta here
Re: Help Needed: Weight Calculation For PHP Website by lojik(m): 10:02am On Jun 11, 2009
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/
http://javascript.internet.com/

You should find javascripts to solve your problems there.
Re: Help Needed: Weight Calculation For PHP Website by kolitos007: 8:10pm On Jun 13, 2009
You should use Ajax/php so that there is no post back. http://www.w3schools.com/ajax/ajax_server.asp
Re: Help Needed: Weight Calculation For PHP Website by arramyjay: 3:25am On Jun 14, 2009
dhtml:

Interesting, not enough details to help, this poster does not look serious to me.
No language specified, nothing . . . i am outta here

Is it that u are blind or what?

kolitos007:

You should use Ajax/php so that there is no post back. http://www.w3schools.com/ajax/ajax_server.asp

Thanks. i will check that up.
Re: Help Needed: Weight Calculation For PHP Website by mikkytrio(m): 2:34pm On Jun 14, 2009
i dont understand you. please explain more on what you want.
Re: Help Needed: Weight Calculation For PHP Website by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 15, 2009
arramyjay:

Hi i am creating this website,but a bit stacked on the rate and weight calculation,can any1 help me with php or java scripts to calculate this?
Weight,amount.

thanks.

what rate and weight if i may ask, is it the weight of 20 loaves or 30 bags of cement?
currency rate or rate of digestion?

pls explain better.

arramyjay:

take things easy man.
Re: Help Needed: Weight Calculation For PHP Website by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 16, 2009
arramyjay:

What is your problem, i said the poster should elaborate, and please dont talk to me like that again next time.

@webdezzi, at least you too agree that he did not give enough details.

@poster, if you find your solution, please let us know, maybe i will lock this thread to prevent further insults
Re: Help Needed: Weight Calculation For PHP Website by arramyjay: 1:48am On Jun 16, 2009
@ dhtml.

My apologizes.And i am nt a he.

I am creating a courier website that shud calculate the weight of items and calculate the price based on the country it is being sent to?
Pls let me knw if futher details are needed.
Re: Help Needed: Weight Calculation For PHP Website by Nobody: 5:44am On Jun 16, 2009
Sorry jare, i understand you better now. well, all the solutions above, are they adequate or not? before i know what to say.
Re: Help Needed: Weight Calculation For PHP Website by arramyjay: 4:14pm On Jun 16, 2009
Hi thanks no they are not adquate.
Re: Help Needed: Weight Calculation For PHP Website by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 16, 2009
arramyjay:

Hi thanks no they are not adquate.
Correct. but i did not want it to come from me. . .
Re: Help Needed: Weight Calculation For PHP Website by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 18, 2009
@arramyjay,

you will need to supply more info and DHTML might be able to help you in that regard. since he eats javascript for breakfast.

but from my experience working with stuff like this. you will need to set a percentage increase on every product somewhere in ur code to address issues with customers adding extra quantities to their cart, i mean of the same product. (you might want to have that integrated into ur admin area)

you dont wanna charge me double for buying 2 quantities of toothbrush and u dont wanna charge me N30 naira per toothbrush either (hoping i will buy many)
so if 1 tooth brush shipment costs N200, if i buy 2, then it shud be around N240, not N400 or i wont buy at all, get it?
i shud get a discount on shipping charges.

note that this rule will not apply if you have a section in ur store that sells sledgehammer.
you want 2 sledgehammers, you need to pay double.
thats why you will need to have an extra input area where you will need to specify the percentage increase on the fly so you dont revisit the codes.

You will always face another issue though

for example, you sell cloths which definitely are not heavy.
and you set a shipping price of N1,000 on everything below 1kg

now i visited ur store, bought shirt A, which automatically gets a N1000 for shipment
now i decide to add another shirt A, makes it N1200 (assuming u av implemented the percentage thing)

now, i add trouser B which has it's own shipping price set to N1500, because this is the first quantity of trouser B, then the price will climb up to N2700 (1200+1500)
believe me, the buyer will wonder cos he believes he is still adding extra quantity

one way around this is to create a linkage between the shirts and trouser so that if you add a shirt already, then it shud add the percentage increase and not the whole price.

I hope you will understand my rantings.

@DHTML, u just won urself a student, u got work too do.
and yes, they are not adequate since thats what u wanna hear grin
Re: Help Needed: Weight Calculation For PHP Website by Nobody: 10:31am On Jun 18, 2009
OP, i hope you have solved your problems. . . .i kinda hate wasting codes, dat is why i dont post unless i have enough info.
Re: Help Needed: Weight Calculation For PHP Website by Z1mbabwean: 5:36pm On Jun 29, 2009
Wow, LOL. It took about 10 replies before the guy said what he wanted. I am not sure that he is a programmer??

At first I thought he was asking about how to compress php pages, on to be ambushed into a basic (basic in the insulting sense) algebra (which is the basis of any programming language) question, not to mention that www.google.com could have helped the man without aggravation.

My answer is that www.google.com is your friend, you do not need to reinvent the wheel.

wink
Re: Help Needed: Weight Calculation For PHP Website by Nobody: 3:41am On Jun 30, 2009
Z1mbabwean:

Wow, LOL. It took about 10 replies before the guy said what he wanted. I am not sure that he is a programmer??

At first I thought he was asking about how to compress php pages, on to be ambushed into a basic (basic in the insulting sense) algebra (which is the basis of any programming language) question, not to mention that www.google.com could have helped the man without aggravation.

My answer is that www.google.com is your friend, you do not need to reinvent the wheel.

wink

The details he provided did not convince me that he will recognize the right codes when he sees it. . .was why i did not post
any code here. I was wondering if needed a code snippet or a ready-made solution. I dont post ready-made solutions for free,
but can post code snippets freely. . .unless it is a link to the free resource online.

(1) (Reply)

/ 10 Computer Pranks You Should Try At Work [Ways to get fired] / Where Can I Buy Android Studio In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.