Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,020 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Abomination: Ooni Bowing Down For Jesus (see Photo) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abomination: Ooni Bowing Down For Jesus (see Photo) (1437 Views)

It’s An Abomination To Call Your Husband By His Name Or Pet Name - Pastor Says / Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri / Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Abomination: Ooni Bowing Down For Jesus (see Photo) by Aringarosa(m): 12:06am On Dec 17, 2015
Saw this on a friends Facebook wall, i feel i should share on nairaland to gauge their views.

Abomination: Ooni bowing down for Jesus.

This folks need to know what they accept. Ooni is a divinity in Yoruba cosmology; he does not bow to any god or anyone.

Lalasticlala, Seun, ishilove, mynd44

Re: Abomination: Ooni Bowing Down For Jesus (see Photo) by Aringarosa(m): 12:09am On Dec 17, 2015
Here are some of the comments

Re: Abomination: Ooni Bowing Down For Jesus (see Photo) by analice107: 12:09am On Dec 17, 2015
lol. ooni, bowing with his cap on. every knee must bow to Jesus.
Re: Abomination: Ooni Bowing Down For Jesus (see Photo) by Aringarosa(m): 12:18am On Dec 17, 2015
More comments

Re: Abomination: Ooni Bowing Down For Jesus (see Photo) by Aringarosa(m): 12:22am On Dec 17, 2015
More.

Re: Abomination: Ooni Bowing Down For Jesus (see Photo) by Style007(m): 12:33am On Dec 17, 2015
H
Re: Abomination: Ooni Bowing Down For Jesus (see Photo) by PastorAIO: 12:58am On Dec 17, 2015
The one that is of real interest to me is whether this dude really ate the heart of the previous Ooni. I wonder because I can't figure out how he will square the circle of christianity and performing the ritual roles of Ooni of Ife.
Re: Abomination: Ooni Bowing Down For Jesus (see Photo) by poshestmina(f): 1:14am On Dec 17, 2015
He knows the KING of kings smiley
Re: Abomination: Ooni Bowing Down For Jesus (see Photo) by jamex93(m): 1:16am On Dec 17, 2015
wat is d abomination there
he knows a king greater than all
so he just did the right tin
Re: Abomination: Ooni Bowing Down For Jesus (see Photo) by jamex93(m): 1:17am On Dec 17, 2015
wat is d abomination there
he knows a king greater than all
so he just did the right tin
Re: Abomination: Ooni Bowing Down For Jesus (see Photo) by vooks: 3:52am On Dec 17, 2015
Philippians 2:10-11 King James Version (KJV)

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

1 Like

Re: Abomination: Ooni Bowing Down For Jesus (see Photo) by Aringarosa(m): 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2015
Why didn't the mode take this to the front page to hear divergent view on the matter.

Lalasticlala, Seun, ishilove, mynd44 pls do justice to this thread.
Re: Abomination: Ooni Bowing Down For Jesus (see Photo) by plaetton: 1:18pm On Dec 17, 2015
PastorAIO:
The one that is of real interest to me is whether this dude really ate the heart of the previous Ooni. I wonder because I can't figure out how he will square the circle of christianity and performing the ritual roles of Ooni of Ife.

That's exactly the point here.

How can he serve and uphold Yoruba traditions, serve Yoruba deities, be the vicar of the Yoruba pantheon of deities, and then still yolk his mind to a foreign slave religion, a bona fide antithesis of all that Yoruba culture and heritage encapsulates ?

What a colossal shame.

1 Like

Re: Abomination: Ooni Bowing Down For Jesus (see Photo) by lalasticlala(m): 2:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
Aringarosa:
Why didn't the mode take this to the front page to hear divergent view on the matter.

Lalasticlala, Seun, ishilove, mynd44 pls do justice to this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2804698/ooni-ogunwusi-blasted-kneeling-church

(1)

Esau / / Grown Men Kneeling Down To Welcome Their Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.