Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

#5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria (21085 Views)

Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking / Why More And More Nigerian Use E-currency. / Keystone Bank E-banking Solutions: Secure, Convenient And Reliable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by Cecediva(f): 3:45pm On Dec 17, 2015
rattlesnake:
6.to help all this hungry ladies undecided
Which hungry ladies?
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by AZeD1(m): 3:46pm On Dec 17, 2015
Burger01:
Ebanking makes life kind of convenient. I can't stand unnecessary queues in the banking halls. Major Glitch over ebanking is unavailability of interswitch network...aside that, it's a preferred choice. But, the day you mistakenly transfered money to the wrong account, you are on your own smiley
Interswitch has a 99.99% availability rate. Its mostly the bank's network that is down .

1 Like

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by stepo707: 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2015
dominique:
Internet banking is so convenient, if only people knew, there'll be less queues in banks. I'll also commend GTB for introducing the *737*1*amount* NUBAN# transfer. You don't need an internet enabled phone to carry out that transaction and it costs just N20 to transfer to other banks. As long as you don't give out the digits on your ATM, your BVN or your Pin, your account is safe.

We need as many measures to allow us handle less physical cash in this country. Those armed robbers ain't smiling.
Sorry is this for airtime transfer or to transfer cash?
Also does it work to other banks from Gtbank transfer
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by rattlesnake(m): 3:51pm On Dec 17, 2015
Cecediva:
Which hungry ladies?
Y did u comment are u hung tongue
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by evy1(m): 3:51pm On Dec 17, 2015
I stay in the comfort of my home,i perform my transaction without stress.
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by nigeriancuban: 3:53pm On Dec 17, 2015
hmmm what and where will I start from ? I have been begging Fidelity Bank to sign me up an I keep getting stories upon apologies..other banks might offer a great e-banking service but for your own good stay away from Fidelity e-banking service unless you wanna create a trend explaining how you sent money and there was no delivery!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by Cecediva(f): 3:58pm On Dec 17, 2015
rattlesnake:
Y did u comment are u hung tongue
Lol... I can't be
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by donsteady(m): 4:03pm On Dec 17, 2015
Which way Buhari?

1 Like

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by ronald4lif(m): 4:05pm On Dec 17, 2015
While Internet banking is the most effective and less cumbersome means to perform banking transactions, Nigerian banks need to do more to ensure identity theft and unauthorised transaction by card holders should be refunded.

I've countless times, read different accounts of people whose banking details were tampered with and all their effort to retrieve their money back from their banks were unsuccessful and virtually fell on deaf ears from non-challant bank staff. Such incidence will only discourage more people from taking a leap in online banking experience. I mean if I can't get my money back if I didn't authorise a transaction why would I bother?

In the UK, it takes less than a week for banks to reimburse any fraudulent transaction that were unauthorised by card holders. We can do same in Naija. Not go come today and tomorrow till the person is exhausted and gives up the money.

1 Like

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by dominique(f): 4:06pm On Dec 17, 2015
DirtyGold:
I quite agree with you on this. I use the service and it is very convenient. However, the potential liability of innovation is that if your phone mistakenly gets into the hands of a dubious person, you are finished!

really?

Yeah that's the glitch. That's why banks require you to put the last four digits of your ATM card as pin. You can't possibly be careless with both your phone and ATM card naa
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by ADEWEBS(m): 4:06pm On Dec 17, 2015
end time banking "e-banking" ADEWEBS JXT PASSING BYE
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by achi4u(m): 4:09pm On Dec 17, 2015
So Dollar is now N280?
Which kind problem are we really entering, all the goods and services have already skyrocketed.
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by Aremu01(m): 4:09pm On Dec 17, 2015
DirtyGold:
I quite agree with you on this. I use the service and it is very convenient. However, the potential liability of innovation is that if your phone mistakenly gets into the hands of a dubious person, you are finished!

really?

I re right.?
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by dominique(f): 4:13pm On Dec 17, 2015
stepo707:

Sorry is this for airtime transfer or to transfer cash?
Also does it work to other banks from Gtbank transfer

You can use the service for both airtime transfer and account transfer. To recharge your line, it's simply *737*amount#, to recharge a line different from the line you registered your account with, dial *737*amount*number#, you'll be asked the last four digits of your ATM card to complete the transaction.
To transfer to other bank account dial *737*2*amount*NUBAN#. Maximum you can transfer in a day is N20,000 and you'll be charged N20 for the transaction.
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 17, 2015
SMH! they will ''still'' my money
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by just2endowed: 4:16pm On Dec 17, 2015
Profkomolafe:
what about in a scenario whereby ur money hangs in btw heaven and earth due to faulty ntwk?

lol i hate that moment

1 Like

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by stepo707: 4:20pm On Dec 17, 2015
dominique:

You can use the service for both airtime transfer and account transfer. To recharge your line, it's simply *737*amount#, to recharge a line different from the line you registered your account with, dial *737*amount*number#, you'll be asked the last four digits of your ATM card to complete the transaction.
To transfer to other bank account dial *737*2*amount*NUBAN#. Maximum you can transfer in a day is N20,000 and you'll be charged N20 for the transaction.

ok thanks
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by timmy7(m): 4:21pm On Dec 17, 2015
dominique:

Transfer to other banks attracts a charge of N110 plus vat and the maximum daily limit is now 50k. Gtb to Gtb mobile transfer charge is N20.

1 Like

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by rattlesnake(m): 4:27pm On Dec 17, 2015
Cecediva:
Lol... I can't be
hehehe
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by akeensbussy(m): 4:28pm On Dec 17, 2015
I am an IT person but I don't use anything ebanking except cheques. I operate 3 active bank accounts. I will rather go to the bank to withdraw my money than apply for all the ebanking poo.

Alot of people are expose to activity of the hackers especially in Nigeria where banks are not investing in IT security.

1 Like

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 17, 2015
What is eBanking? We don't know of such here in Afghanistan where I'm shepherding camels grin

Seriously though It's an extremely beneficial development to folks like me that are building at home.

I can pay suppliers immediately upon confirmed delivery of products onsite.
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by adeoba2008(m): 4:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
While carrying out E-Banking as well, do not use your card or Token on a website that does not have https. It always begin with https or you will a padlock sign where the website address is.

1 Like

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
akeensbussy:
I am an IT person but I don't use anything ebanking except cheques. I operate 3 active bank accounts. I will rather go to the bank to withdraw my money than apply for all the ebanking poo.

Alot of people are expose to activity of the hackers especially in Nigeria where banks are not investing in IT security.

I have been using Internet Banking for the past 5 Years and i have never been in a bad situation. The Internet Banking is far more than just your ATM Card. GTB For example, their Internet Banking is like another branch on its own.. There is nothing you want to do in the branch you cannot do online(Even Chat with Customer Service). Its that great. So why would an IT Person like you remain in the stone age? For withdrawals, i can understand but for other stuff, youshould have your Internet Banking.

As for security, its secured. Banks issue a Hardware Token. Without the token, your eBanking channel is useless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by Burger01(m): 4:38pm On Dec 17, 2015
AZeD1:

Interswitch has a 99.99% availability rate. Its mostly the bank's network that is down .
Oh, okay. smiley
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by leksy07(m): 4:52pm On Dec 17, 2015
dominique:
Internet banking is so convenient, if only people knew, there'll be less queues in banks. I'll also commend GTB for introducing the *737*1*amount* NUBAN# transfer. You don't need an internet enabled phone to carry out that transaction and it costs just N20 to transfer to other banks. As long as you don't give out the digits on your ATM, your BVN or your Pin, your account is safe.

We need as many measures to allow us handle less physical cash in this country. Those armed robbers ain't smiling.

N20 to same bank while 105 to other bank

1 Like

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by sahm4u2nv(m): 5:30pm On Dec 17, 2015
dominique:

Pls what's NUBAN?
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by menxer: 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
Burger01:
Ebanking makes life kind of convenient. I can't stand unnecessary queues in the banking halls. Major Glitch over ebanking is unavailability of interswitch network...aside that, it's a preferred choice. But, the day you mistakenly transfered money to the wrong account, you are on your own smiley

the last part of your comment shows you don't do e-banking.

Gtbank, for instance, on its mobile banking portal ask you for the bank/nuban you want to transfer to, then display the account name, if it doesn't match the name of the person you want to transfer to, would you continue the transaction?

1 Like

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by evy1(m): 5:46pm On Dec 17, 2015
Have been using Quick teller for over 8 months now, no hitches.

1 Like

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by TheSpellChecker: 5:51pm On Dec 17, 2015
exlink10:
Just the mention of that name "e-banking", the first thing that comes to many peoples mind is fraud, they will still my money etc, while others think convenience. Whether for convenience or control, e-banking is an aspect of banking that nobody can resist. E-banking is simply another name for electronic banking. Simply put, it is the use of electronic devices and gadgets to perform banking transactions.

Complete article at http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/12/5-reasons-why-using-e-banking-in.html

cc lalasticlala

Nice points, though you still managed to steal my joy. embarassed
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by exlink10(m): 5:55pm On Dec 17, 2015
TheSpellChecker:

Nice points, though you still managed to steal my joy. embarassed

hahahahahah, thank you so much for pointing that out. still instead of steal

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Removal Causes Sharp Decline In Generator Sales In Nigeria- Traders / MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage / PLEASE HELP- Flip Cash, I Have Been Scammed 25k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.