Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,578 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

#5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria (21099 Views)

Meet “Leo”, The Robot In Charge Of UBA Facebook Chat For E-Banking / Why More And More Nigerian Use E-currency. / Keystone Bank E-banking Solutions: Secure, Convenient And Reliable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by akeensbussy(m): 6:03pm On Dec 17, 2015
coolsix:

I have been using Internet Banking for the past 5 Years and i have never been in a bad situation. The Internet Banking is far more than just your ATM Card. GTB For example, their Internet Banking is like another branch on its own.. There is nothing you want to do in the branch you cannot do online(Even Chat with Customer Service). Its that great. So why would an IT Person like you remain in the stone age? For withdrawals, i can understand but for other stuff, youshould have your Internet Banking.

As for security, its secured. Banks issue a Hardware Token. Without the token, your eBanking channel is useless.

Temi yemi.....even transfer and other activities, I visit the banking all. You can Call it stone age. Though, I have PayPal attached to one of them incase I want to shop online. A friend lost 2.2million naira in one day because he his 21st person. Eni sango back ti oju e wole ko ni bawon bu oba koso.

1 Like

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by pedrilo: 6:18pm On Dec 17, 2015
dominique:
Internet banking is so convenient, if only people knew, there'll be less queues in banks. I'll also commend GTB for introducing the *737*1*amount* NUBAN# transfer. You don't need an internet enabled phone to carry out that transaction and it costs just N20 to transfer to other banks. As long as you don't give out the digits on your ATM, your BVN or your Pin, your account is safe.

We need as many measures to allow us handle less physical cash in this country. Those armed robbers ain't smiling.
dear some armed robbers have upgraded oh, they now take their victims to atm machine for cash withdrawals. It happening in abuja where I stay
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by Burger01(m): 6:19pm On Dec 17, 2015
menxer:

the last part of your comment shows you don't do e-banking.

Gtbank, for instance, on its mobile banking portal ask you for the bank/nuban you want to transfer to, then display the account name, if it doesn't match the name of the person you want to transfer to, would you continue the transaction?
The last part was meant to be a joke. Don't take me serious on that smiley

1 Like

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 17, 2015
akeensbussy:

A friend lost 2.2million naira in one day because he his 21st person. Eni sango back ti oju e wole ko ni bawon bu oba koso.

Elucidate
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by tiswell(m): 7:25pm On Dec 17, 2015
Profkomolafe:
what about in a scenario whereby ur money hangs in btw heaven and earth due to faulty ntwk?
they will release it back to you and you would receive the alert on your phone.

1 Like

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by leo1234(m): 7:51pm On Dec 17, 2015
dominique:
Internet banking is so convenient, if only people knew, there'll be less queues in banks. I'll also commend GTB for introducing the *737*1*amount* NUBAN# transfer. You don't need an internet enabled phone to carry out that transaction and it costs just N20 to transfer to other banks. As long as you don't give out the digits on your ATM, your BVN or your Pin, your account is safe.

We need as many measures to allow us handle less physical cash in this country. Those armed robbers ain't smiling.

#20 is when you transfer to another GTB account. Transfer to other banks costs over #105

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by akeensbussy(m): 8:03pm On Dec 17, 2015
coolsix:

Elucidate

If u dey dere when Samgo enter ground, u will never follow them abuse am anytime people dey abuse am (Sango). That is if something terible happens before your eyes, you will do everything to prevent it happening again.

Sango is one of the Kings and dieties in yourba
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by akeensbussy(m): 8:04pm On Dec 17, 2015
coolsix:

Elucidate

If u dey dere when Samgo enter ground, u will never follow them abuse am anytime people dey abuse am (Sango). That is if something terible happens before your eyes, you will do everything to prevent happening again.

Sango (gods of tunder and fire) is one of the Kings and dieties in yourba land.
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by Shokoloko(f): 8:10pm On Dec 17, 2015
For First Bank's online banking is N1 - 500,000 @ N105. N500,000 - N1M @ N210. 1M - 10M @ N525. And above 10M is N1025.
For me its convenient. But i would never advise anyone to use ATMs to do transfers across banks, because recovering your funds after failed transfer via ATM is one big headache

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by amdoyin82(m): 8:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
Wen it comes to e- banking diamond bank is a no no for me. Very stupid bank. I have been going there since Monday but they have not been able to proffer solution to my complain.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by sdaramola(m): 8:37pm On Dec 17, 2015
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by Certifiedboss: 8:42pm On Dec 17, 2015
dominique:

Zenith has it also . It's even faster than Internet banking . The moment it says DONE the money is already in the other account
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by yinka360nl1: 9:23pm On Dec 17, 2015
DirtyGold:
I quite agree with you on this. I use the service and it is very convenient. However, the potential liability of innovation is that if your phone mistakenly gets into the hands of a dubious person, you are finished!

really?

This is true. Your girlfriend can easily take your phone and transfer from it having your physical ATM at hand since she can have access to that . My girlfriend played that on me and transfered some money to her account from mine. I no vex tho. smiley
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by zeezy1: 9:23pm On Dec 17, 2015
What's NUBAN pls?
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by aprilwise(m): 9:32pm On Dec 17, 2015
If average nigeria girl ask u of money nd u transfer for her. U don't ve excuse on weekend again.
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by masties2(f): 12:37am On Dec 18, 2015
amdoyin82:
Wen it comes to e- banking diamond bank is a no no for me. Very stupid bank. I have been going there since Monday but they have not been able to proffer solution to my complain.

Very true
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by des4ella(m): 6:49am On Dec 18, 2015
e-banking is good and faster till banks like Gtbank begin to chop ur money then u go know how far.... My 100k plus is still hanging in the air due to e-banking network problems. Shine ur eyes my people
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by SamAbims(m): 8:43am On Dec 18, 2015
I just followed your advise to use Gtb *737* to transfer money to another abnk and the first alert I got was a 105 naira debit instead of the 20naira they said. When I no go enter bus go complain for the bank now cos me I no dey joke with my money o!!!

1 Like

Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by drealdoc89(m): 11:31am On Dec 19, 2015
ceeceeuwa:
They should simply reduce the transfer charges. Aside that it is simply cool! cool
Yes please. The charges needs to be reviewed.
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by drealdoc89(m): 11:35am On Dec 19, 2015
SamAbims:
I just followed your advise to use Gtb *737* to transfer money to another abnk and the first alert I got was a 105 naira debit instead of the 20naira they said. When I no go enter bus go complain for the bank now cos me I no dey joke with my money o!!!

The truth is that when initiating a transfer to other banks, you will get charged #105 and #20 to transfer money to a gtbank account holder.
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by gistcity(m): 12:07pm On Jun 03, 2017
http://gistpro.com.ng/electronic-banking-cybercrime-nigeria/
e-banking in nigeria is good but but it has also brought about cybercrime
Re: #5 Reasons Why You Should Use E-banking In Nigeria by PH3rdSon: 8:17am On Jun 25, 2017
K2wise,

Please check your email.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Removal Causes Sharp Decline In Generator Sales In Nigeria- Traders / Hotel Or Private School: Which Business Is More Profitable? / Etisalat Directors Resign To Escape Criminal Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.