Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

I Never Said Petrol Will Sell For N97 In 2016--minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Said Petrol Will Sell For N97 In 2016--minister (921 Views)

Tam David West "I Never Said Fuel Will Sell For N40 Under PMB / I Never Said Petrol Will Sell For N40 Per Litre Under Buhari – David-west / FG Will Not Remove Oil Subsidy In 2016 – Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Said Petrol Will Sell For N97 In 2016--minister by NigeriaReports: 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2015
The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources and Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, on Thursday, dispelled the reports that the Federal Government has concluded plans to increase the pump price of fuel from N87 to N97 per litre as from January.

"I did not say that refined petroleum products will sell for N97 per litre next year. I said that between a band of N87 and N97, we are going to be looking at prices and today, the prices are largely close to N87. So, there is no need to change the price," he said.

Kachikwu told newsmen in Abuja that the discourse has long left the realm of subsidy removal to a more scientific price modulation approach which entails an elastic price mechanism regime to be reviewed periodically to reflect the prevailing international price of crude oil.

The minister explained that when operational, the novel price modulation system will place a N97 per litre cap on the price of fuel to ensure that Nigerians are insulated from the vagaries of the global crude price.

To determine the price of petroleum products in future, he disclosed that the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) will undertake quarterly review of the crude market situation.

The minister said: “I have not put a static figure, PPPRA will have to do the calculation to be able to announce what price of PMS will sell for in January, but we do not anticipate any major shift because of the price of crude today."

http://tribuneonlineng.com/i-never-said-petrol-will-sell-for-n97-in-2016-minister

Cc; lalasticlala , seun and others
Re: I Never Said Petrol Will Sell For N97 In 2016--minister by NigeriaReports: 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2015
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Shout Change
Re: I Never Said Petrol Will Sell For N97 In 2016--minister by omooba969(m): 6:58pm On Dec 17, 2015
Logic! smiley

Honourable Minister, out of all the grammar wey you blow concerning this fuel matter, na the #97 9ja ppl fit pick & dem know say #97 tall pass #87; dat na why dem vex. grin

Abeg, next time make you speak the 3 major languages biko. grin

No vex my oga. cool
Re: I Never Said Petrol Will Sell For N97 In 2016--minister by LordAdam: 6:58pm On Dec 17, 2015
Na N40 una supporters tok. By the way, when will you guys stabilize world oil price?

-Lord
Re: I Never Said Petrol Will Sell For N97 In 2016--minister by ozoigbondu: 7:04pm On Dec 17, 2015
APC and their double tongue
Re: I Never Said Petrol Will Sell For N97 In 2016--minister by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 17, 2015
hmmmm
Re: I Never Said Petrol Will Sell For N97 In 2016--minister by ShowYourCertificate: 7:09pm On Dec 17, 2015
This man is obviously talking from both sides of his mouth grin
Re: I Never Said Petrol Will Sell For N97 In 2016--minister by fistonati(m): 7:11pm On Dec 17, 2015
U better stick to this one u just said. Basketmouth politicians
Re: I Never Said Petrol Will Sell For N97 In 2016--minister by mbhs139(m): 7:11pm On Dec 17, 2015
LordAdam:
Na N40 una supporters tok. By the way, when will you guys stabilize world oil price?

-Lord

grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: I Never Said Petrol Will Sell For N97 In 2016--minister by tunwumi: 7:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
Abi make book
Re: I Never Said Petrol Will Sell For N97 In 2016--minister by Pidggin(f): 7:35pm On Dec 17, 2015
Proganda all the way

(1) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Set To Behead Teenager Because He Attended A Protes / 40bn NE Oil Exp. Looting By Tricks IBB / Breaking: Abia Election: Appeal Court Declares Alex Otti Of Apga Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.