Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,670 members, 7,809,534 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni (49999 Views)

Ooni Of Ife, His Wife And High Chiefs Worship At A Church In Canada. Photos / Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' / Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 17, 2015
boujaye:
by acknowledging and confessing the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, he has rendered any other deity or power null and void, including any fetish activity on his coronation.
You are very funny grin.

Do you have an idea of how many deities are worshipped on a daily basis in ife
Some of these deities are: Orisa Oko (deity of agriculture); Ogun (deity of iron); Obatala (deity of creation); Esu Elegbara (trickster deity); Osanyin (deity of medicine);Ifa (deity of divination), Erinle (deity of forest); Orunmila (deity of fate) etc.

If he refuses to carry out his traditional responsibilities as the Ooni, he would be dethroned. Dethroning an Ooni is not new in ife. Check the history of the Giesi or Ooni Abewela.
On olojo day, when the Ooni is required to renew his oath of traditional office, we shall see if he won't go to sacrifice an animal at Ogun shrine.
The Ooni belongs to the ife people, he is there property when he took the oath to serve.

What the Ooni displayed is not new to ife anyway, the two kings before him also attend Anglican church on a regular basis, but still carry out their traditional obligations when required.

2 Likes

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by sweetchizzy(f): 10:07pm On Dec 17, 2015
wise one.
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 17, 2015
If truly he acknowledges God,I think he should have declined to be the ooni,not kneeling before God and then going back to do occultic things,u can't serve two masters same time...I think he is confused

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by JakesJ(m): 10:08pm On Dec 17, 2015
Good One My King! You Shall Leave Longer Than All That Have Come Before You, I Mean All Your PREDECESSORS!! Amen!!!
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by raph101(m): 10:09pm On Dec 17, 2015
DickDastardly:
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, has said he owed nobody any apology for kneeling to worship the almighty God during the thanksgiving service held in his honour at the Paul’s Anglican Church, Ife, after his coronation.
The Ooni, said this in statement made available to our correspondent in Osogbo on Thursday by the Director of Communication and Public Affairs, Ooni’s Palace, Ile Ife, Mr. Moses Olafare.
The monarch spoke in reaction to criticisims against him by an online medium Newspunch (Not The Punch) that he knelt down to worship God during the church service.
Ogunwusi said it was wrong to equate any king no matter his status with the almighty God who created the heavens and the earth, saying the comment was an attempt to embarrass the throne.
Ogunwusi said since the almighty God is not Ooni or any king’s mate he would not stop to worship and revere him because it was God who enthroned him.
The statement read, ” It is an unacceptable sacrilege to equate Ooni’risa or other king to the almighty God. God Is the creator of mankind and it is God that made it possible for the enthronment of any king.
“The attention of Ile Oodua has been drawn to a publication released Wednesday 16th 2015 by an online medium known as NEWSPUNCH in which His Imperial Majesty, Ooni’risa & Arole Oodua Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi(OjajaII) was crtisised for bowing to God.
“God remains the highest, the king of kings who has kept all kings alive and has made it possible for me to be crowned as the king of the source of Yoruba civilisation.
“I have no regrets whatsoever for kneeling down to exalt the almighty God who did not only create me, but also kept me alive, saw me through all the storms in my, life-journey and eventually crowned me as the custodian of Oodua race.
“This act of equating me to God of gods of king of kings and the sole owner of the universe is a wicked sacrilege planned to embarrass the throne. My emergence as Oba has been made possible only by the almighty Olodumare to whom I remain eternally grateful.”

Source: http://www.punchng.com/ive-no-apology-kneeling-to-worship-god-ooni/

No other king before God.
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Rejoice5000(f): 10:13pm On Dec 17, 2015
God bless u real good:for this ur understanding God that u respect will see u through:Amen
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by JoeCutie(m): 10:13pm On Dec 17, 2015
AlienStar:
Soon we will see Nollywood movies like "Ooni goes to church" undecided
undecided undecided undecided
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by menxer: 10:13pm On Dec 17, 2015
Naija get issue.

We should thank God, Ooni no dance till his royal robe tore showcasing his royal nyash like king David. grin
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by AfroKnight: 10:13pm On Dec 17, 2015
Long live the King! Ki ade pe lori. Ki bata pe lese.
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 17, 2015
johnnycrew:
If truly he acknowledges God,I think he should have declined to be the ooni,not kneeling before God and then going back to do occultic things,u can't serve two masters same time...I think he is confused
grin
If you look at that picture closely, you would actually see the traditional ogboni robe across his shoulder. Serving 2 God's or masters is allowed in ife. It's a case of giving to Ceaser what belongs to Ceaser, and to God what belongs to God.
Ooni Aderemi and Ooni Sijuwade did same, so it's not new.
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 17, 2015
GOD IS NOT MAN HE CANNOT BE FOOLED, HE SAID SOMETHING IN JOHN 4;23...THATS MY SUBMISSION
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Lionsclaw: 10:18pm On Dec 17, 2015
Hahaha grin
I so love this king (no homo)
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by SmartMugu: 10:19pm On Dec 17, 2015
makzeze:
Is Ooni the head of traditional rulers in yorubaland?

someone shd educate me pls.

I ask myself the same question even though I'm yoruba. This Ooni throne appears to make other yoruba kings almost unneeded.
I was equating the Ooni throne to bigger thrones like those of the Alaafin of Oyo, but now one appears to look like a caddy to a golf-player.
Who is who? Why not just scrap what's unnecessary?
Hoping someone sheds some light on this.
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by menxer: 10:20pm On Dec 17, 2015
johnnycrew:

oc·cult /əˈkəlt/
noun
supernatural, mystical, or magical beliefs, practices, or phenomena...

There's nothing more occultic than God. If only you know the occult side of the Jewish tradition that gave us Christianity.... as a side attraction.

2 Likes

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 17, 2015
I also have no apology by calling you a dumb slowpoke that leaves his own strong Gods to bow to a mythical dead jew ...

3 Likes

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Mackson01: 10:21pm On Dec 17, 2015
God will bless your reign sir bicos you have exalted him. Wise king. The king of king will be your defender.
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by SmartMugu: 10:22pm On Dec 17, 2015
menxer:

oc·cult /əˈkəlt/
noun
supernatural, mystical, or magical beliefs, practices, or phenomena...

There's nothing more occultic than God. If only you know the occult side of the Jewish tradition that gave us Christianity....
Food for thoughts...Worth thinking about. But at least Christianity and the Islam that I'm familiar with don't involve rituals and killing others for some sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Lionsclaw: 10:23pm On Dec 17, 2015
saxywale:

grin
If you look at that picture closely, you would actually see the traditional ogboni robe across his shoulder. Serving 2 God's or masters is allowed in ife. It's a case of giving to Ceaser what belongs to Ceaser, and to God what belongs to God.
Ooni Aderemi and Ooni Sijuwade did same, so it's not new.
You are just worrying yourself for nothing. The ooni has only confessed one GOD as the almighty and he publicly bowed to HIM. Obviously now he has shown the world the God he serves you and others like you can continue to imagine what you like grin
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Beetobee(f): 10:25pm On Dec 17, 2015
DickDastardly:
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, has said he owed nobody any apology for kneeling to worship the almighty God during the thanksgiving service held in his honour at the Paul’s Anglican Church, Ife, after his coronation.
The Ooni, said this in statement made available to our correspondent in Osogbo on Thursday by the Director of Communication and Public Affairs, Ooni’s Palace, Ile Ife, Mr. Moses Olafare.
The monarch spoke in reaction to criticisims against him by an online medium Newspunch (Not The Punch) that he knelt down to worship God during the church service.
Ogunwusi said it was wrong to equate any king no matter his status with the almighty God who created the heavens and the earth, saying the comment was an attempt to embarrass the throne.
Ogunwusi said since the almighty God is not Ooni or any king’s mate he would not stop to worship and revere him because it was God who enthroned him.
The statement read, ” It is an unacceptable sacrilege to equate Ooni’risa or other king to the almighty God. God Is the creator of mankind and it is God that made it possible for the enthronment of any king.
“The attention of Ile Oodua has been drawn to a publication released Wednesday 16th 2015 by an online medium known as NEWSPUNCH in which His Imperial Majesty, Ooni’risa & Arole Oodua Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi(OjajaII) was crtisised for bowing to God.
“God remains the highest, the king of kings who has kept all kings alive and has made it possible for me to be crowned as the king of the source of Yoruba civilisation.
“I have no regrets whatsoever for kneeling down to exalt the almighty God who did not only create me, but also kept me alive, saw me through all the storms in my, life-journey and eventually crowned me as the custodian of Oodua race.
“This act of equating me to God of gods of king of kings and the sole owner of the universe is a wicked sacrilege planned to embarrass the throne. My emergence as Oba has been made possible only by the almighty Olodumare to whom I remain eternally grateful.”

Source: http://www.punchng.com/ive-no-apology-kneeling-to-worship-god-ooni/
God created the world and every single thing in the world. Unless we see any other being that can do exactly same, God remains the King of kings and the Lord of lords. No shaking!
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Theultimate(m): 10:26pm On Dec 17, 2015
makzeze:

Yes.(according to history). but.......
There's controversy and rivalry between the throne of Ooni of Ile-Ife and the throne of Alaafin of Oyo on who should be the head.
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 17, 2015
Lionsclaw:
You are just worrying yourself for nothing. The ooni has only confessed one GOD as the almighty and he publicly bowed to HIM. Obviously now he has shown the world the God he serves you and others like you can continue to imagine what you like grin
Who told you that i am worrying, he is our property in ife. it's you confused lot that think Ooni kneeling down in church means he has accepted Jesus. if he indeed accepted Jesus, he would renounce his throne and ban ritualism and traditional worship in ife, in which he himself is the principal participant . grin, and u and I know that's not gonna happen. grin
Like I said, what born again christian wears an ogboni robe to kneel down in church

2 Likes

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by chiefolododo(m): 10:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
God is spirit and who worship him must worship him in truth and in spirit. JOHN 4;2 ,for d fact that you knelt down does not mean that you worship him in truth and in spirit
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Saurab: 10:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
What a foolish thing to do.
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Lionsclaw: 10:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
saxywale:

Who told you m worrying. it's you confused lot that think Ooni kneeling down in church means he has accepted Jesus. if he indeed accepted Jesus, he would renounce his throne and ban ritualism and traditional worship in ife, in which he himself is the principal participant . grin
Like I said, what born again christian wears an ogboni robe to kneel down in church
grin I see you are really messed up mentally oo. A white cloth tired around the shoulder 'belongs' to ogboni? Dude go check yourself o. No dress pattern belongs to anyone, it is just fashion nothing more

1 Like

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by babyfaceafrica: 10:35pm On Dec 17, 2015
makzeze:
because i have never seen a king much celebrated like him.
that's expected,the throne is the most revered in Yoruba land...just like the sultan is in the north.....that throne has great history

1 Like

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Great9ja: 10:35pm On Dec 17, 2015
When the righteous is on throne people rejoice. Your throne is secure and you will live long and ENJOY life because you acknowledge LORD God Almighty.
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 17, 2015
Saurab:
What a foolish thing to do.
It's not foolish .such is allowed in ife
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by menxer: 10:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
SmartMugu:

Food for thoughts...Worth thinking about. But at least Christianity doesn't involve rituals and killing others for some sacrifice.

That's where Christianity loses its potency, nothing beats blood sacrifice.

why do you think it's said the death of Jesus was the "ultimate" sacrifice? If you understand the mystical side of things.

If you like fast and speak in tongues for a month and let your contender offer a blood sacrifice he will surely have an advantage over you.

Case in point, 2 kings 3:4-27.

Emphasis is on verse 18 and 27.
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by shugaboy6102(m): 10:46pm On Dec 17, 2015
makzeze:

yes my dear he is.All other kings in yoruba land are his subjects.he rules above them all
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by ajealadick(m): 10:47pm On Dec 17, 2015
obidaddy:
You mean prior to his coronation he did not partake in any diabolic rituals and fetish rites? No concotions and covenants/oaths? He may sound so Godly but may actually be unGodly via the processes culminating in his coronation. I learnt most of them must belong to the ogboni confraternity.
Nonetheless i am glad he acknowledged the most high God; Christ Jesus

He may have done traditional rituals, but even our African beliefs still know of the almighty creator. We have always accepted the fact that there is a creator bigger than even the dietiesin our shrines
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by shugaboy6102(m): 10:48pm On Dec 17, 2015
valinda:
Eze ndi Eze! I see Biafra! hit like if u blv so!
enyi biko what has biafra got to do with this one now.
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by YabaLeftist: 10:48pm On Dec 17, 2015
Don't mind them. I'm certain it's the Muslims that are infuriated by the picture of you kneeling in church. If it were a picture of you kneeling in a mosque and hitting your head on the ground, they wouldn't have any issues with it. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin Welcome Quadruplets With 5th Wife / End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) / Micheal Ameh Oboni Dies! The Attah Of Igala Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.