Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni (50036 Views)

Ooni Of Ife, His Wife And High Chiefs Worship At A Church In Canada. Photos / Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' / Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by kiete(m): 10:53pm On Dec 17, 2015
I love this king. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. As you have chosen to tread in the path of the great God almighty, HE will show you wisdom which is profitable to lead. Long live the king!
Twale!!!!

2 Likes

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2015
Good gesture from Wise Ooni.

His critics stu.pid shaa..
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by UTMOST10(m): 11:06pm On Dec 17, 2015
The only Kaaaaabiyesi resides in heaven.
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by anigbajumo(m): 11:07pm On Dec 17, 2015
ThisMeansWars:
I also have no apology by calling you a dumb slowpoke that leaves his own strong Gods to bow to a mythical dead jew ...

Bae,I don't expect this from you....
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 17, 2015
Great king in the Making! Wen u bow to GOD men would bow to you
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by andyanders: 11:08pm On Dec 17, 2015
nusta:
This statement only shows how wise and humble the king is. God Almight is the beginning and the end. Ridicle Him at your peril. For reverencing and acknowledging the supreme being, may you, the Ooni, live long. #IamNotYoruba.

Exactly. This is how a True King should act. May God protect and see you through your life with His wisdom to lead your people.
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Dinhoo: 11:11pm On Dec 17, 2015
OLORUN (OBA) TO NGBA IDOBALE OBA........KABIYESI RE OOOOOO
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 17, 2015
anigbajumo:

Bae,I don't expect this from you....
k
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Lilimax(f): 11:20pm On Dec 17, 2015
Response filled with wisdom. Goes to show he was brought up in a godily way. undecided
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by LordAdam: 11:27pm On Dec 17, 2015
According to traditional belief, the Ooni is a god. Of course, he can choose to pay allegiance to another god. That is the prerogative of the Ooni.

The angle from which the critics are coming is that the Ooni chose to pay allegiance to an Hebrew God rather than a god in the Yoruba pantheon of deities. Which should raise eyebrows because there are over 100 deities in the Yoruba pantheon.

Christians should not quote me. The Oba of Benin will not kneel in a church because he does not pay allegiance to the Hebrew God. Call him diabolical or not. He chose core tradition and he has as much if not more right to his belief than you do.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Saurab: 11:28pm On Dec 17, 2015
saxywale:

It's not foolish .such is allowed in ife
I thought he is the custodian of Yoruba spirituality, culture and tradition? Why will he be kneeling to another foreign God? It's just like seeing Sardauna kneeling in redeem camp. It's odd and it betrays what he represent.

1 Like

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Blackkie: 11:32pm On Dec 17, 2015
All hail the Ooni!
I love you for this.
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 17, 2015
LordAdam:
According to traditional belief, the Ooni is a god. Of course, he can choose to pay allegiance to another god. That is the prerogative of the Ooni.

The angle from which the critics are coming is that the Ooni chose to pay allegiance to an Hebrew God rather than a god in the Yoruba pantheon of deities. Which should raise eyebrows because there are over 100 deities in the Yoruba pantheon.

Christians should not quote me. The Oba of Benin will not kneel in a church because he does not pay allegiance to the Hebrew God. Call him diabolical or not. He chose core tradition and he has as much if not more right to his belief than you do.

-Lord

Alot of people don't understand how monarchy works in ife, hence the confusion. The same Ooni was in the mosque giving honour to Allah before he proceeded to the church. In ife, our past kings have been able to worship at different institutions without any trouble as long as he does not neglect his main religion which is IFA.
See the picture of the Ooni at a mosque where he was even given an Islamic name.

1 Like

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by sunsewa: 11:49pm On Dec 17, 2015
My king u shall live long in good health and peace to ur kingdom for what u just said. don't mind those the devil want to use for to challenge God,are they blind to see sultan saad abubakar and emir of kano bowing down for Allah,my king enough twale for man wey sabi.
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by wallex1983(m): 11:50pm On Dec 17, 2015
I don't know why some people still........ Come to ogun state. All the King's have separated a day to worship the king of Kings. They all bow to worship him on this set day. They sing and dance like David danced sef
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Aarenaija: 12:01am On Dec 18, 2015
obidaddy:
You mean prior to his coronation he did not partake in any diabolic rituals and fetish rites? No concotions and covenants/oaths? He may sound so Godly but may actually be unGodly via the processes culminating in his coronation. I learnt most of them must belong to the ogboni confraternity.
Nonetheless i am glad he acknowledged the most high God; Christ Jesus

Oga you dey there? Actually what they do mostly for the 21 days is fasting,
studying the history of the people they are to lead and taken through how the king should behave.
They are tought by very vast historians and king makers.

All is not about rituals. You hear?
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Rejoice777: 12:01am On Dec 18, 2015
LordAdam:

-Lord
Ooni of Ife, is not a god and can never be . He is a man and King. As for the Hebrew God u mentioned, HE is Almighty GOD of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob. The Holy One of Israel, The LORD GOD of hosts. The Germans call Him " Eingetumer von Himmel und Erde" I.e The Creator and Owner of heaven and earth period. No controversy

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Physco42(m): 12:01am On Dec 18, 2015
He has lay good example and also so the supremacy of God! May you live longer on the throne the king [/i][i][color=#006600][/color]
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by davidhume1: 12:10am On Dec 18, 2015
Carry on! At least you have shown us that the Yoruba religion is not all sufficient for you. You have to start who.ring after the white man's god to seek validation.
Continue downgrading the gods of your ancestors.
It's no wonder that some ifa practitioners in USA are beginning to claim that ifa has nothing to do with Africa.
Soon the white people will repackage the ifa corpus, and these same "house Negros" will be kissing the "new" obatala's as§, with shoulder length blonde hair and blue eyes.
SMH

1 Like

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by LordAdam: 12:11am On Dec 18, 2015
[quote author=Rejoice777 post=41105113][/quote]

That is your belief. No one is asking you to accept anyone else's belief. So I find it atrocious and intrusive of you to ask someone else to denounce his beliefs and accept yours.

Respect people's belief.

And again, regardless of what you choose to accept, the Ooni is a god in his religion. Deal with it or swallow a suicide pill.

-Lord
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Eluwilussit(m): 12:14am On Dec 18, 2015
nusta:
This statement only shows how wise and humble the king is. God Almight is the beginning and the end. Ridicle Him at your peril. For reverencing and acknowledging the supreme being, may you, the Ooni, live long. #IamNotYoruba.

Yes o. The Yoruba tribe has just selected a wise king. May he lead his people to greater heights. May God honour the Ooni and keep him. May his reign be long and prosperous. I love men who put God first.

He may not be righteous but who is? It's only by His grace that we can all enter into His presence. I rejoice with the Yorubas indeed.

I am not from SW either. Just a happy naija man. Long live the Ooni! grin
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by SmartMugu: 12:29am On Dec 18, 2015
menxer:

That's where Christianity loses its potency, nothing beats blood sacrifice.

why do you think it's said the death of Jesus was the "ultimate" sacrifice? If you understand the mystical side of things.

If you like fast and speak in tongues for a month and let your contender offer a blood sacrifice he will surely have an advantage over you.

Case in point, 2 kings 3:4-27.

Emphasis is on verse 18 and 27.
I hereby rest my case after reading the boldened.

1 Like

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Nobody: 12:39am On Dec 18, 2015
Ade a pe Lori! Bata a pe lese... God bless u...
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by BABANGBALI: 12:54am On Dec 18, 2015
dukeolumde:
That STUPIIID MODERATOR that keeps deleting my topics continue. THUNDER, OGUN, SONGO and AMADIOHA go soon fire u and ur
RETARRRDED GENERATION. U go talk weather I break any rule wey make u/una dey pay me so much unnecessary attention. Continue until that ur
hand go numb...Foooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.. angry angry

MODIFIED: Kaaaaaaaabiesi ooh... may u live long. May ur reign be blessed.
ayam lafn here o grin
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Nobody: 3:02am On Dec 18, 2015
nusta:
mean, I'm already in love with him.may his reign be fruitful

1 Like

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Michael333: 3:07am On Dec 18, 2015
Nice one, anyone blaming him is on his own. Tombs up king...
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by onoja12: 3:21am On Dec 18, 2015
Your royal highness, you are new to the thrown and you should be careful what you say, you no longer belong to your self but the people and the people in particular are the traditional people of Yoruba land, not any church. please please please let it not repeat itself, if the pastor or father of that church agree to come to the shrine to pray to the Gods only then can you go to a church to kneel down. I wonder why the king maker and chief priest are keeping quite, they should educate the oba quickly before he makes a mess of the thrown

DickDastardly:
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, has said he owed nobody any apology for kneeling to worship the almighty God during the thanksgiving service held in his honour at the Paul’s Anglican Church, Ife, after his coronation.
The Ooni, said this in statement made available to our correspondent in Osogbo on Thursday by the Director of Communication and Public Affairs, Ooni’s Palace, Ile Ife, Mr. Moses Olafare.
The monarch spoke in reaction to criticisims against him by an online medium Newspunch (Not The Punch) that he knelt down to worship God during the church service.
Ogunwusi said it was wrong to equate any king no matter his status with the almighty God who created the heavens and the earth, saying the comment was an attempt to embarrass the throne.
Ogunwusi said since the almighty God is not Ooni or any king’s mate he would not stop to worship and revere him because it was God who enthroned him.
The statement read, ” It is an unacceptable sacrilege to equate Ooni’risa or other king to the almighty God. God Is the creator of mankind and it is God that made it possible for the enthronment of any king.
“The attention of Ile Oodua has been drawn to a publication released Wednesday 16th 2015 by an online medium known as NEWSPUNCH in which His Imperial Majesty, Ooni’risa & Arole Oodua Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi(OjajaII) was crtisised for bowing to God.
“God remains the highest, the king of kings who has kept all kings alive and has made it possible for me to be crowned as the king of the source of Yoruba civilisation.
“I have no regrets whatsoever for kneeling down to exalt the almighty God who did not only create me, but also kept me alive, saw me through all the storms in my, life-journey and eventually crowned me as the custodian of Oodua race.
“This act of equating me to God of gods of king of kings and the sole owner of the universe is a wicked sacrilege planned to embarrass the throne. My emergence as Oba has been made possible only by the almighty Olodumare to whom I remain eternally grateful.”

Source: http://www.punchng.com/ive-no-apology-kneeling-to-worship-god-ooni/

3 Likes

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by gabbyabbey: 3:35am On Dec 18, 2015
[b][/b]GOD BLESS MY KING
LIVE LOOOOOOOOOOONG
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by foody(f): 3:48am On Dec 18, 2015
In summary sir. when you get to your room please once again kneel down before God and say this to HIM " Lord Jesus I admit that I am a sinner, I also believed in my heart that you came to die for my sins and to set me free , now I accept you as my personal saviour and Lord come and cleanse me with the blood of Jesus and forgive me my sins, and then write my name in the book of life. Amen thank you God for making me your son. LORD I ask that you also give me knowledge, understanding and wisdom to lead your people in Jesus name. Amen.

1 Like

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Nobody: 4:59am On Dec 18, 2015
nusta:

Irrelevant to the discussion angry
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by datigbogirl: 5:01am On Dec 18, 2015
Even if he did d wrong thing he's talking like a King...he owes none of his subjects any apology.
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by sapientia(m): 5:42am On Dec 18, 2015
He just did himself good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do People Pour A Little Out Of Their Drink On The Ground Before Drinking? / End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures) / Micheal Ameh Oboni Dies! The Attah Of Igala Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.