Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni (50019 Views)

Ooni Of Ife, His Wife And High Chiefs Worship At A Church In Canada. Photos / Ooni’s Palace Reacts To Snub By Oba Of Lagos; 'if We Don’t Receive An Apology..' / Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by dontel(m): 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2015
obidaddy:
You mean prior to his coronation he did not partake in any diabolic rituals and fetish rites? No concotions and covenants/oaths? He may sound so Godly but may actually be unGodly via the processes culminating in his coronation. I learnt most of them must belong to the ogboni confraternity.
Nonetheless i am glad he acknowledged the most high God; Christ Jesus
O'yes my bro! I am happy that God is not me that they can deceive or get him excited with their sweet and beautiful words. And of course, they acknowledged that God is the Almighty but we can't worship God directly from who we are. Jesus is the way! They tend to omit it. They should say the truth and be set free!
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by debeey87(m): 2:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
I was told the Obi of Onitsha has a chapel in his palace where he worships God. He removes his crown before entering the presence of God and wears it back after service. Thats humility.
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by vision2050: 3:17pm On Dec 18, 2015
Who is that king where the king of kings is talking ? Who enthroned him ? When it comes to the issue of God tradition should be set aside. He didn't kneel down for anybody but unto Him who made Him King.... Yoruba land has their culture but we are talking about the supreme God who reigns from ages.. Pls God is bigger and mightier than any king on this earth. He is the one who gives kingdom to Kings to rule and reign. And he can take it away when he pleases. This can only be God.. The Ooni is laying a precedence to other kings to follow. Tell me the king that will be standing up when Ooni goes on his Kneel ? This is a king who has refused to follow the crowd . I bet you this king wi turn
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 18, 2015
nusta:

what is irrelevant? You or my opinion?

Ponder on it some more and the haze may be lifted. Or not.
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by richardoz(m): 6:16pm On Dec 18, 2015
Ghost01:
The Ooni is an orisa, and not an "alase ikeji orisa". Hence, oonirisa! There are 401 chief gods in Yorubaland, according to the mythology, and the only living one among them is the "ooni". Sé ó yé?

Kneeling before a preacher, for an Ooni, is a sacrilege. These guys are hypocrites sef, they go through all those traditional rituals and still come out to do "sàgbè lójú yòyò" to you people and you gulp everything line, hook and sinker.

Anyway, tis the crazy century!
u got it wrong! he was not kneeling for a preacher he was referencing his creator and for the explanation I am happy u said 'mythology'...
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Ghost01(m): 6:27pm On Dec 18, 2015
richardoz:
u got it wrong! he was not kneeling for a preacher he was referencing his creator and for the explanation I am happy u said 'mythology'...
And the fabled skydaddy is anything but a myth?
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by ElCapone(m): 6:57pm On Dec 18, 2015
TreasuredGlory:
May your reign be long and blessed by the Jehovah Almighty you knelt for. AMEN. However, let this act of worship come from your heart and genuine. Don't bow to any other gods for Jehovah Almighty is a JEALOUS God. You are blessed!
Story 4 da gods, yhu knw d kind jazz wey dem don cook am with. Forget it, no king in nija is free of any diabolical links, take it or leave.
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by macof(m): 10:19pm On Dec 18, 2015
LordAdam:
According to traditional belief, the Ooni is a god. Of course, he can choose to pay allegiance to another god. That is the prerogative of the Ooni.

The angle from which the critics are coming is that the Ooni chose to pay allegiance to an Hebrew God rather than a god in the Yoruba pantheon of deities. Which should raise eyebrows because there are over 100 deities in the Yoruba pantheon.

Christians should not quote me. The Oba of Benin will not kneel in a church because he does not pay allegiance to the Hebrew God. Call him diabolical or not. He chose core tradition and he has as much if not more right to his belief than you do.

-Lord

This is the main reason why I respect the Oba of Benin. The Obas at Benin keep making their people and ancestors proud
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by macof(m): 10:38pm On Dec 18, 2015
obongtunji:

Please explain to us how he used social media to become Ooni. I can't remember campaigning or can't remember seeing his picture on any social media soliciting for votes to become Ooni. Until his name was announced by the Ile-Ife king makers you and I don't even know him. So please educate the more on how he used social media, your comment is laughable.

Speak for urself. . Many of us knew him immediately after the death of Sijuwade due to his social media campaign

1 Like

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by macof(m): 10:43pm On Dec 18, 2015
debeey87:
I was told the Obi of Onitsha has a chapel in his palace where he worships God. He removes his crown before entering the presence of God and wears it back after service. Thats humility.

That's bastardization of culture and traditions
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by debeey87(m): 9:11am On Dec 26, 2015
macof:

That's bastardization of culture and traditions

Well bro...that doesn't reduce his status. He still remains the king of his people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by macof(m): 7:04pm On Dec 27, 2015
debeey87:

Well bro...that doesn't reduce his status. He still remains the king of his people.

But it reduces the respect and relevance an Ooni or Obi of Onitsha should have
anyway, it's really not a surprise. .but that act needed to be called out
Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ghost01:
The Ooni is an orisa, and not an "alase ikeji orisa". Hence, oonirisa! There are 401 chief gods in Yorubaland, according to the mythology, and the only living one among them is the "ooni". Sé ó yé?

Kneeling before a preacher, for an Ooni, is a sacrilege. These guys are hypocrites sef, they go through all those traditional rituals and still come out to do "sàgbè lójú yòyò" to you people and you gulp everything line, hook and sinker.

Anyway, tis the crazy century!
The visiting of churches and mosques is not significant anyway, you can see the Ooni was even robed in shaaki during those visits. Shaaki is synonymous to Ogboni Ibile, it's a uniform.

1 Like

Re: I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni by tpiar: 9:39pm On Dec 28, 2015
why are there so many pagans who claim to be Yoruba on this site?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin Welcome Quadruplets With 5th Wife / Why Do People Pour A Little Out Of Their Drink On The Ground Before Drinking? / End Of An Era: The Last Generation Of Nigeria's Facial Scars (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.