Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Shocking World Tragedies Of 2015. - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Shocking World Tragedies Of 2015. (43159 Views)

Fashion Stylist Anita Armstrong Shares Her Best Style Of 2015 / Best TV Shows Of 2015 / Seasons Greetings! Happy New Month, Welcome To The Month Finale Of 2015! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking World Tragedies Of 2015. by naijaninja15: 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2015
None of the boko haram tragedy made this compilation. And you all will blame the west for not caring for tragedies in Africa. How come none of book haram killings made this list...or are we getting too used to it that it doesn't look horrifying anymore?

2 Likes

Re: Shocking World Tragedies Of 2015. by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2015
What about the PDP tragedy at the 2015 election grin
Re: Shocking World Tragedies Of 2015. by faites(f): 8:12pm On Dec 30, 2015
This is all so terrible. Sometimes, I feel like the world is coming to an end or that the world has already ended.
Re: Shocking World Tragedies Of 2015. by KINGOFJAPAN: 8:31pm On Dec 30, 2015
naijaninja15:
None of the boko haram tragedy made this compilation. And you all will blame the west for not caring for tragedies in Africa. How come none of book haram killings made this list...or are we getting too used to it that it doesn't look horrifying anymore?
Are you blind? Nigerians and jumping to conclusions
Explorers:
9. Baga Massacre.

The 2015 Baga massacre was a series of mass killings carried out by the jihadist group Boko Haram in the Nigerian town of Baga and its environs, in the state of Borno, between 3rd January and 7th January 2015. The attack began on 3rd January when Boko Haram over ran a military base that was the headquarters of the Multinational Joint Task Force containing troops from Chad, Niger, and Nigeria. The militants then forced thousands of locals from the region and committed mass killings that culminated on the 7th. Fatalities have been reported to be "heavy" but their extent is unclear. Several western media reported that "over 2,000" people are thought to have been killed or "unaccounted for", but local media reported "at least a hundred" fatalities, while the Nigerian Ministry of Defence said that no more than 150 people in total had been killed, including militants. Several government officials denied that the fatalities were as extensive as reported, with some even claiming that the massacre had never taken place or that the Nigerian military had repelled the militants from the region,a claim that was refuted by local officials, survivors, and the international media. Baga and at least 16 other towns are thought to have been destroyed as over 35,000 people are reported to have been displaced, with many feared to have drowned while trying to cross Lake Chad and others trapped on islands in the lake. The attacks are said to have resulted in Boko Haram extending its control to over 70% of Borno State, while its leader, Abubakar Shekau, claimed responsibility for the massacre in a video statement, saying that they "were not much" and that the group's insurgency "would not stop".

source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Baga_massacre?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9028355648

cc: dominique
Re: Shocking World Tragedies Of 2015. by Obcglobal(m): 8:54pm On Dec 30, 2015
Lets try and be our brothers keeper! Life will be more sweet and meaningful if we avoid anything that cause harm to our fellow human beings, one love one earth one humanity one life.
Re: Shocking World Tragedies Of 2015. by Gofwane(m): 9:10pm On Dec 30, 2015
amusadele:
Na those Tonto empty foam butts na them dey vex me pass.
wallahi the thing dey vex me also. Nothing meaningful

1 Like

Re: Shocking World Tragedies Of 2015. by RetroBoy: 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2015
Karmatyra:
hmmmm, sometimes I really get scared, like I often jerk off from sleep and check if the world has ended yet, if not I say a prayer and go back to sleep....the trend continues, another day, another jerk!
How can you "jerk off " from sleep?

Na wa o
Re: Shocking World Tragedies Of 2015. by ReneeNuttall(f): 11:15pm On Dec 30, 2015
all i can feel is goose bumps al ova my body
Re: Shocking World Tragedies Of 2015. by sisisioge: 7:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
Thank you the Explorers, your posts will not only give us reason to be thankful for what we have but also for the things we have escaped. Thank God! It is well...may there be peace onto the lands in 2016!
Re: Shocking World Tragedies Of 2015. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 02, 2016
i think d op is bias and anti russian,did not include russian plane dat crashed in sinia penusula in egypt dat was bombed by isis but rather he inluded paris attack which was barely 2week afta d crash,op dar is God ooo.
Re: Shocking World Tragedies Of 2015. by Gemc3(f): 9:41pm On Jan 13, 2016
Gofwane:
My best poster on nairaland. Always meaningfull and educating threads.

Not those ones you see with captions like: "check out new photos of tonto shiiting" or "ini edo eats eba using her hand"

ride on explorers, i'm right behind you!

My fellow Explorers fan. I hail o.

1 Like

Re: Shocking World Tragedies Of 2015. by Gofwane(m): 9:46pm On Jan 13, 2016
Gemc3:

correct babe! Wallahi you sabi better thing.

1 Like

Re: Shocking World Tragedies Of 2015. by Explorers(m): 10:57pm On Jan 13, 2016
Gemc3:

U ehn?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

VSO In Ikorodu, Lagos, Washing Cars For Free In Lagos (see Photos ) / Hidden Meanings Behind These 10 COMMON Dreams. / A Dangling Death Machine At Ikotun Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.