Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,285 members, 7,826,123 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai (20942 Views)

APGA Writes Nnamdi Kanu, Warns IPOB Leader Not To Think Himself Igbo “EMPEROR” / Barinaadaa Gbaranee Dies In Army Custody - Fyno / Buhari Gets Accolades At Uk House Of Lords, As Troops Nab Sect Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by iliyande(m): 9:22pm On Dec 17, 2015
The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai , said on Thursday that the arrested Shi’ite sect leader, Sheikh Ibrahim El-Zak-Zaky, is no longer in the custody of the Army.

Buratai said this when he met with a delegation from the Nigerian Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) at the Army Headquarters, Abuja.

The Army chief, who was responding to the request by NSCIA to meet with the sect leader, said that El-Zak-Zaky had been handed over to the appropriate authorities for prosecution.

According to Buratai, lawlessness must not be tolerated in the society especially when a part of the country is confronted with terrorism.

“As a responsible and law abiding organisation, we will do all that we can to always safeguard lives and property.

“As for the whereabouts of the Shi’ite leader, he is not in our custody; he has been handed over to the appropriate authorities for prosecution because we don’t prosecute.

“What happened was avoidable and unfortunate, we followed the rules of engagement as enshrined in the constitution but what happened still happened,” he said.

Buratai dismissed claims in some quarters that the Army was after members of the sect.

He said that the army was only carrying out its constitutional duties.

He urged members of the public to disregard information and pictures contained in a section of the media, describing them as a false reflection of what happened.

Earlier in his remark, the leader of the NSCIA, Prof. Daud Noibi, said the group was at the Army headquarters on a fact-finding mission.

Noibi expressed the concerns of NSCIA on the Zaria incident and reaffirmed the commitment of the council to return peace to the area.

He appealed to the Army authorities to allow the delegation to meet with the arrested leader of the sect.

Noibi said the NSCIA would make efforts to douse the tension that had engulfed parts of the North following Saturday’s incident in Zaria.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Noibi was accompanied on the visit by the Secretary General of the council, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede. (NAN)

http://leadership.ng/news/484159/shiite-sect-leader-not-armys-custody-buratai

Cc: lalasticlala

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by funnynation(m): 9:23pm On Dec 17, 2015
Nigerian Army.. I reserve my comment.. Anyway Buhari need to wake up, atleast he ve reduce his problem by releasing Mr Nnamdi Kanu.
CEO #funnyNation Entertainment..
FunnyNation Comedian say so!
My signature though...
FTC noni... I dedicate this to all my fellow entertainers in d building..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by obinnashady(m): 9:26pm On Dec 17, 2015
I see BH2 in the making

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by madridguy(m): 9:26pm On Dec 17, 2015
No room for lawlessness. You do anyhow you see anyhow.

Long life PMB
Long life NA

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by DonCortino: 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2015
And some apc fools where circulating a fake picture of el-rufai and emir of birnin gwari claiming its el-zakzaky.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by jane0000(f): 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2015
Both side should give peace chance biko.
Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by madridguy(m): 9:30pm On Dec 17, 2015
Eye dey pain you then.
obinnashady:
I see BH2 in the making

2 Likes

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 17, 2015
undecided
Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by Chanchit: 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2015
Whose custody he come dey? Buhari custody. Just release the man already abi the people una kill never do?

5 Likes

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by nwaanambra1(m): 10:04pm On Dec 17, 2015
chai! they don kill and bury the man! lipsrsealed

why is Nigerian Army creating so much problems for Nigeria?? undecided

We still dey battle boko haram and they are busy killing our officers now the army still go buy market for AL-shabab sect to come revenge for the death of their members!

U na don kill them for road finish e no do una, una still follow them go house to slaughter them! angry

common lets be sincere to ourselves, the army have no excuse whatsoever to butcher more than 200 citizens in cold blood! Haba mana! angry

this is why i no longer have any empathy for them whenever i hear they where killed by boko aram! angry

Nigerian armed forces reallyyyy need urgent overhaul - starting from burantasi himself! angry

NIGERIAN ARMY SHOULD KNOW SAY ABO.KI NO DEY FORGIVE! THEY MUST REVENGE NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES! NA SO THEIR LIFE BE! undecided

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by Kelklein(m): 10:21pm On Dec 17, 2015
I hope he wasn't handed over to the police

.we all remember what they did to Boko Haram leader

3 Likes

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by Demmocrats(m): 10:22pm On Dec 17, 2015
This is another Boko Haram in the making, all it needs is another radical and extremist as its leader then the world will hear them.

3 Likes

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by YINKS89(m): 10:22pm On Dec 17, 2015
Okay
Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by Titto93(m): 10:22pm On Dec 17, 2015
Nigeria Army, oppressing d weak and protecting d strong. What an irony!

8 Likes

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 17, 2015
WÁt ?
Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by patric66: 10:23pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ok
Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by investigator007: 10:23pm On Dec 17, 2015
ok... says who?

They really humiliated him o. Even putting him inside wheel barrow

Well, God knows who`s honest here.

Meanwhile in another news,

I urgently need scrap vessels to buy.

20,000T and above (any location within Nigeria)

3,000T & above (Lagos only)

PM me if you have a confirm one.

3 Likes

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by olafum1(m): 10:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
In ZaksZay's voice: 'kei!!! Where i com dey?

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by bright007(f): 10:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
ok
Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by allanphash7(m): 10:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ok

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by Rexphobia(m): 10:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
Very unfortunate
Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by Johnnoah1st: 10:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
f
Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by jidestar: 10:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
nwaanambra1:
chai! they don kill and bury the man! lipsrsealed
why is Nigerian Army creating so much problems for Nigeria?? undecided
We still dey battle boko haram and they are busy killing our officers now the army still go buy market for AL-shabab sect to come revenge for the death of their members!
U na don kill them for road finish e no do una, una still follow them go house to slaughter them! angry
common lets be sincere to ourselves, the army have no excuse whatsoever to butcher more than 200 citizens in cold blood! Haba mana! angry
this is why i no longer have any empathy for them whenever i hear they where killed by boko aram! angry
Nigerian armed forces reallyyyy need urgent overhaul - starting from burantasi himself! angry
NIGERIAN ARMY SHOULD KNOW SAY ABO.KI NO DEY FORGIVE! THEY MUST REVENGE NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES! NA SO THEIR LIFE BE! undecided

Every problem in this Country called Nigeria have been caused by the Nigerian Army.

Just tell me one Problem that dont have its origin in the Nigerian Army?

Boko Haram, Corruption, Biafra, Mend, etc.

Na only Nigeria get Army?

Must they exercise their power on unarmed civilians?

Illiterate Army.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by UTMOST10(m): 10:25pm On Dec 17, 2015
Chai.......I hope he hasn't disappeared

1 Like

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by ikechukwu354(m): 10:25pm On Dec 17, 2015
I was going to owerri and along the way the bus conductor ran towards an army man sitting on a bench and put something in the army mans bowl, the funny thing is that the army man was just relaxed. another bus also stopped and the conductor came down and did the same, I was astonished, even the police will have to stand on the road but the reverse was the case. I think this country is indeed semi military. happy birthday buhari the fact that we call u dullard doesn't mean you have to be dull...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by datola: 10:25pm On Dec 17, 2015
This Brutai appears a no nonsense Army chief.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by jidestar: 10:25pm On Dec 17, 2015
Wat pains me most is the type of obvious lies they come out with.

The abuse is worst since Buhari took Office. I am no longer sure if this is democratic rule or military dictatorship.

First u abuse us , now you call us stu.pid. If the army dont have him, know that the old man died from his injuries.

Bleeding from both eyes is severe.

5 Likes

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 17, 2015
Kai! Dem don kill am throway be dat. No religious body or group is above the law.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by shaddoww: 10:26pm On Dec 17, 2015
There is more to dis whole thing than what we are being told

3 Likes

Re: Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai by 4ward(m): 10:26pm On Dec 17, 2015
Gbam

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano Government, Dangote Donate N500m Each To Victims Of Market Fire Disaster / Obi-Datti Campaign Rally Holds In Lagos Tomorrow / Bomb Explosion In Iyara, Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.