Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,222 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Maolid Nabiy: Haram Or Halal? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Maolid Nabiy: Haram Or Halal? (9347 Views)

Ten Reasons You Shouldn't Celebrate Maolid Nabiyy / Is Bank And Cooperative Loans Haram Or Halal? / Muslims Engagement In Multi Level Marketing; Halal Or Haram? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maolid Nabiy: Haram Or Halal? by abuhubaidah: 11:31pm On Dec 29, 2015
@dragnet,you don't need to stress yourself much on these issue,@empiree,dont have any proof,all he know is to post videos without bringing authentic proofs..قد عرفنا مقدار علمك ...bring authentic proof(s) if you have one.

1 Like

Re: Maolid Nabiy: Haram Or Halal? by Empiree: 11:54pm On Dec 29, 2015
abu again? grin. This is a century old debate. It will continue after us

There isnt anything clearly in neither Quran nor hadith that forbids mawlud either.

But i understand 'proof' that it wasnt done by earlier predecessors. That isnt enough to trash it.

I dont want to post some of the evidences i read from those who do mawlud. I'd rather left that assignment for you.

Fact is, if you dont celebrate it, fine. But if you show up uninvited and start screaming about "it's bida'a and shirk", they need to to drag you out of the arena grin

I also understand that are freaking xtreme folks among them. I dont pay them no mind. Leave the people alone. Some nominal Muslims only hold on to activities like this in Islam. Leave them. Dont chase them away. Gradually they will be practicing Muslims. Knowledge is one thing, wisdom is another.

Hey mr abu, the video is not evidence of anything. It is rather for you to watch and let me know what is shirk and bida'a in there. That's all.
Re: Maolid Nabiy: Haram Or Halal? by abuhubaidah: 6:57am On Dec 30, 2015
So the fact that our predecessors didn't do it,it's not enough evidence..remember that Allah said in his only book"kuntum khayra humo hukrijat li nos tahmuruuno bil mahruuuf wa tenhawna anil munkar"...huzaifah bun yamom said "kulu iba'datin lam yatahabadha asbahabu rosuulu llahi fa tatahabaduuuha"..why doing what you won't get any reward for?are we in these word to plAy?
Re: Maolid Nabiy: Haram Or Halal? by ardeks(m): 7:29am On Dec 30, 2015
Salam Alaykum. Let's all ponder on this hadith. On the authority of Abu 'Abdullah al-Nu'man bin Bashir, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, say: "Truly, what is lawful is evident, and what is unlawful is evident, and in between the two are matters which are doubtful which many people do not know. He who guards against doubtful things keeps his religion and honour blameless, and he who indulges in doubtful things indulges in fact in unlawful things, just as a shepherd who pastures his flock round a preserve will soon pasture them in it. Beware, every king has a preserve, and the things Allah has declared unlawful are His preserves. Beware, in the body there is a flesh; if it is sound, the whole body is sound, and if it is corrupt, the
whole body is corrupt, and behold, it is the heart."
[Al-Bukhari & Muslim] From this hadith we can deduce that it's best we steer clear of whatever that is not cleared in terms of being lawful or not.

1 Like

Re: Maolid Nabiy: Haram Or Halal? by Empiree: 1:20am On Dec 31, 2015
Oops! I posted this in a wrong thread. It should have been here. https://www.nairaland.com/2808716/tell-us-what-think-salatul/3
Re: Maolid Nabiy: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 3:04am On Dec 31, 2015
That's a long read if I may say so I haven't read it. I am familiar with this debate however. Halal and haram are not for me to decide .

Now if this question is a simple " should we celebrate the birth or is it the death, excuse my ignorance here because I don't follow, then I'm with the argument no because it isn't something the prophet -pbuh- did himself ( celebrate such things as births and deaths on a yearly bases).

Secondly it can be argued that it some how resembles the acts of pre Islam. The Prophet never wanted to be a celebrity or celebrated. His like all prophets was to direct an important message. Did you get it. Finish. In my most humble opinion. So no I don't won't join in any such celebration.

You know why I love Islam? It's the fact that you are taught if in doubt let it be.
Re: Maolid Nabiy: Haram Or Halal? by Empiree: 4:05am On Dec 31, 2015
^Fair enough
Re: Maolid Nabiy: Haram Or Halal? by Empiree: 4:41am On Jan 03, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Story Of Prophet Musa And Khidr : Indeed Allah Is All Knowing / The Kafir Named Yahya Solaati Died Yesterday In Ilorin / Why Boko Haram Turned To Mosques Bombing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.