Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

A Dear God Letter: Questions For God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Dear God Letter: Questions For God (2007 Views)

Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church / God's Letter To You / Lady Without Legs Backs Her Baby, Leads A Praise Session For God. Pics Go Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by SunehriLasgidi(f): 1:55pm On Dec 18, 2015
Dear God,

You know we have a relationship that no one understands. No one has to be privy to what’s going on between us. You see, I’m exasperated with many things I see and hear in the world that you created. They say you’ll question us on the last day but then, I have some questions for you. You might not answer me now. Maybe you’ll give me answers on the day you judge me. Nevertheless, I’ll ask these questions.

To start with, you’re omnipotent. They say you can do the unthinkable and impossible. I know you can. You are God. If so, why didn't you let all of us, your creation, have the same opinion of you? Why didn't you make us all practice one religion? You realise that one of the problems we’re faced with in the world stems from religion. Why haven’t you caused us to worship you the same way? Is it that you deliberately want to cause discord among us? You realise that this discord has caused bloodshed in the past. Why haven’t you made all of mankind Christians if Jesus Christ, your son, is the only way to salvation? Will you be pleased if your other creations that practice other religions go to hell? Let’s be honest: will you really condemn a good, just, and upright Buddhist to hell just because he/she doesn’t believe in Jesus? After all the penances, he/she will go to hell? Is that it?
Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by SunehriLasgidi(f): 1:56pm On Dec 18, 2015
My next question is this: “Why do you allow evil to thrive?” What do you aim to accomplish? You want more glory? Aren’t there other ways to get glory than cause someone to be miserable? It’s like you make bad things happen to people in order for them to turn to you. If you were human, I’d say you were an attention-seeking sadist. That makes you malevolent. Epicurus said if you’re omnipotent yet allow evil to thrive, you’re malevolent. Malevolence makes you evil, doesn’t it? In the story of Job, you allowed the devil torment Job. It made it look like you need the devil to do the dirty job for you. I don't want to believe that you’re evil. I know you are a loving Father.

God, there’s another thing that baffles me: your relationship with your chosen people, the Israelites. Among all your creations, you just chose them because...? I’m waiting for your reply on that. That isn’t the confuzzling part, though. How come you let all those bad things happen to them? It seemed you enjoyed their misery, I must confess. First, you allowed them to be slaves to the Egyptians. You delivered them from slavery by showing yourself; you wrought miracles and wonders. It’s like you deliberately instilled fear in them so that they don't stray from you. You said you’re jealous God. Let me get something straight. You love this people. You never want them to part from you. So, you bring adversity their way in order to keep them in line. Really? Doesn't that come across to you as emotional blackmail? Even after their sad years in Egypt, you allowed them to be captured at different times. The meanest of them, I think, was their ordeal during the Holocaust. Why did you allow that? Glory? Fame? It couldn't be for glory. Many wars had been fought in your name. Why did you allow that to happen to them? With a wave of your hand, Hitler could have died in infancy or as a teenager. Yet, you allowed him to persecute your chosen people. It’s like you deserted themthe moment they needed you most. It’s like you stabbed them in the back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by SunehriLasgidi(f): 1:57pm On Dec 18, 2015
Another question that nags me is this: “Do you take delight in seeing your creation confused?” There are many religions out there trying to find you. Each thinks they are the only way to you. One religion thinks you are a single dad. The other thinks you don't even have a child. Why not clarify our dilemma? Does it tickle you when you see your handwork in confusion? If you were a human, I’d assume you were being a coquet. You just want us to court your attention. You seem like a woman with different suitors. You know they are vying for your attention. What do you do? You put them up against each other.

Talking about attention, why do you need to be praised? Only insecurity makes people fish for compliments. Are you insecure? Demanding praise makes it seem as though you’re an attention-seeking, insecure being. I know you’re not like that. I guess humans don't really understand you. You’re not insecure. You can’t be! You created the universe and all therein. We can tell you a simple “Thank You” in the quiescence of our hearts. Of course, you’d hear us. You know you are all-knowing and present in everywhere. You know what we want before we ask for it. Yet, one of the holy books about your laws and dictates says we should ask. Why should we ask when you know what we already want? They say you need us to state what we want. They say that you need us to ask for it so that when we get it, we’ll deal with the consequences. If you know it’s going to be bad for us, there’ll no point allowing us to waste out time in asking for it.

Dear God, I need to understand what happened in the Garden of Eden. You created Adam and Eve and put them in the Garden. You asked them to eat everything but not the fruit in the middle of the garden. I assume you know everything before it happens. If you knew that they were going to eat the forbidden fruit, why did you make it in the first place. If you knew they were going to eat it, why were you livid...

READ MORE ON: https://thefemmemedia..com.ng/2015/12/a-dear-god-letter-questions-for-god.html#more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by BrianRoss: 2:12pm On Dec 18, 2015
No b today we don d ask dis question,

we jst ve to wait for d last day or his second coming,

dats only if he will come sad

1 Like

Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2015
I must ask,OP, are you a philosopher If so, welcome to the club.

1 Like

Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by SunehriLasgidi(f): 3:10pm On Dec 18, 2015
We have to ask questions. If God gave us a mind, we have to use it, abi?

1 Like

Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by ichommy(m): 3:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
Did you just say second coming? grin brother, nobody dey come.
BrianRoss:
No b today we don d ask dis question,

we jst ve to wait for d last day or his second coming,

dats only if he will come sad
Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by DedicatedEnkist: 3:36pm On Dec 18, 2015
@Op,Why sending letter to address that doesn't exist?

1 Like

Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by ifewunmy(f): 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2015
Some of the answers are in the scriptures
Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by ifewunmy(f): 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2015
ichommy:
Did you just say second coming? grin brother, nobody dey come.
God is not slack concerning his promises as some men count slackness,but is longsuffering to us ward not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.(2pet3:9). Jesus is coming and very soon
Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by lepasharon(f): 6:13pm On Dec 18, 2015
Every answer to these questions will make sense if you instead assume god is imaginary.
Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by ichommy(m): 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2015
I heard U, Stop quoting that story book.

P.S Atheist are once a Christian or Muslim. wink

ifewunmy:
God is not slack concerning his promises as some men count slackness,but is longsuffering to us ward not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.(2pet3:9). Jesus is coming and very soon

1 Like

Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 18, 2015
I was a christian,but while growing up I wondered who created God,if god created man.but I arrived at a conclusion to be a freethinker once and for all.my advice for you now is to continue your search for knowledge till you find it.
Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by analice107: 8:27pm On Dec 18, 2015
Very interesting questions indeed.

I asked all these questions once. really. I almost became an Eastern religious believer.

I found Jehovah too laid back and inactive. Studying some materials, i found spiritualism right here, at my finger tips. I could actually go into the spirit realm and get whatever information I needed.
I was full of questions. Holding a book, 'The Third Eye', by Tuesday Lopsanrampad, and following the instructions therein, I tried going on an Astrial travel. Along the line, I got so scared that I may not be able to enter back into my body. I gave up the idea.

Then, abt that same time, I stumbled on this book. " The Sovereignty of God". I will recommend it for you. From this book, God explained Himself to me.

see darling, If you look at humanity and the world with what is happening in it, from the Human perspective, You'll arrive at the questions you have raised. But if you start by looking at Humanity, the world and what is happening in it from God's perspective. You'll cover your face in shame for having to raise this questions.

1 Like

Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by SunehriLasgidi(f): 4:05am On Dec 21, 2015
analice107:
Very interesting questions indeed.

I asked all these questions once. really. I almost became an Eastern religious believer.

I found Jehovah too laid back and inactive. Studying some materials, i found spiritualism right here, at my finger tips. I could actually go into the spirit realm and get whatever information I needed.
I was full of questions. Holding a book, 'The Third Eye', by Tuesday Lopsanrampad, and following the instructions therein, I tried going on an Astrial travel. Along the line, I got so scared that I may not be able to enter back into my body. I gave up the idea.

Then, abt that same time, I stumbled on this book. " The Sovereignty of God". I will recommend it for you. From this book, God explained Himself to me.

see darling, If you look at humanity and the world with what is happening in it, from the Human perspective, You'll arrive at the questions you have raised. But if you start by looking at Humanity, the world and what is happening in it from God's perspective. You'll cover your face in shame for having to raise this questions.

Okay, then. I'll add that book to my to-read list. Thanks.
Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by PastorOluT(m): 7:08am On Dec 21, 2015
SunehriLasgidi:
We have to ask questions. If God gave us a mind, we have to use it, abi?

Sorry dear u are not asking d right questions, and just to add u dont have the capacity to ask d right question,

NB Are u familiar with this saying? 'U cant get there from here, u have to go and start from the other side'.

1 Like

Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by Objectives: 9:10am On Dec 21, 2015
PastorOluT:

Sorry dear u are not asking d right questions, and just to add u dont have the capacity to ask d right question,

NB Are u familiar with this saying? 'U cant get there from here, u have to go and start from the other side'.

Urmmm,

I'm sorry

I don't mean to be rude, but how did you arrive that premise?

To say that a human with free will and a functioning brain doesn't have the capacity to ask the right questions about his supposed maker is quite a huge statement you know.

Perhaps you should clarify or give reasons, if you don't mind smiley
Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by PastorOluT(m): 9:43am On Dec 21, 2015
Objectives:

Urmmm,

I'm sorry

I don't mean to be rude, but how did you arrive that premise?

To say that a human with free will and a functioning brain doesn't have the capacity to ask the right questions about his supposed maker is quite a huge statement you know.

Perhaps you should clarify or give reasons, if you don't mind smiley

I appreciate u for ur patience n response, knowing NL for what it is, many would have responded with insults.

Now my statement was never meant to be an insult, or lead to provocations if it is well understood.

When we come to understand some things the kind of questions we ask will defer from that we ask before, n also see our folly in asking those questions. We "can't" ask the right questions concerning some issues no matter ow earnest we are till will acquire sufficient knowledge, hence lacking capacity to ask the right questions.

Now let me give a little story to butress my point. Some group of persons got lost in the wilderness n after some time got furtunate to be found by some hunters. They quickly told the hunters where they were headed, but interestingly the hunter told them they couldnt get to where they were going from here bt would have to go back to some certain mountain and trace their way to their destination. So it is with us, many of us always start from the wrong point, place, questions etc, bt the truth remains that we can never get results till we go back to that particular mountain n see things quite diferently.

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by analice107: 9:59am On Dec 21, 2015
ok@Sunehrilasgidi. pls get the book.

and @Objectives.

I think what PastorOlu is trying to say is that. you can't be doing the wrong thing but expect the right result.

If I may ask, the Op raising these questions and obligating God to give him answers, Who is he really? I mean, does God know him? Does he make God proud? If God were to take a roll call of his own, will his name be found therein?

God made boast of Job to Satan. " Since you have you been roaming to and fro in the earth, have you considered MY SERVANT JOB?

God called David "A MAN AFTER MY OWN HEART". ABRAHAM MY FRIEND.

Even Job, who based on his relationship with God, felt he had the right to demand an explanation from God. Did God explain Himself to Job?

there are lots of God's saints today, who God knows and can boast of ( because the Acts of the Apostles goes on). Now, if Yahweh were to call out His stewards, will this Op be among?

let me quote PastorOlu. " You can't get there from here, You have to go back and start from the other side". that's if u want to get it right.

1 Like

Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by Objectives: 10:59am On Dec 21, 2015
PastorOluT:

I appreciate u for ur patience n response, knowing NL for what it is, many would have responded with insults.

Now my statement was never meant to be an insult or lead to provocations if it is well understood.

When we come to understand some things the kind of questions we ask will defer from that we ask before n see our folly in asking those questions. We can ask the right questions concerning some issues no matter ow earnest we are till will acquire sufficient knowledge, hence lackingg capacity to ask the right questions.

Now let me give a little story to butress my point. Some group of poeple got lost in the wilderness n after some time got furtunate to be found by some hunters. They quickly told the hunters we they were headed, but interestingly the hunter told then they couldnt get to where they were going from here bt would have to go back to some certain mountain and trace their way to their destination. So it is with us, many of us always start from the wrong point, place, questions etc, bt the truth remains that we can never get results till we go back to that particular mountain n see things quite diferently.

Thank you for elaborating, but you see my friend, the Op's dilemma is entirely on a different page from your story, because in this case, they had a real interaction with the hunters.

They saw the hunters and their presence wasn't in any doubt, they didn't need faith to recognize them and accept what they were saying, so even if they weren't asking the right questions in that scenario, I'd understand.

I 'd like to come to the conclusion that the Op seems puzzled, and I think in this case, the first step is questioning the source of the puzzle.

Whether the questions are right or wrong should be subject to the answers available if she finds them.
Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by Objectives: 11:34am On Dec 21, 2015
[quote author=analice107 post=41201251]

I think what PastorOlu is trying to say is that. you can't be doing the wrong thing but expect the right result.

May be you should show the Op the path to the right result.

Who is he really? I mean, does God know him?

wow.

Even Job, who based on his relationship with God, felt he had the right to demand an explanation from God. Did God explain Himself to Job?

According to this biblical story, there was a literal response, not only to Job, but to his friends too. So the Op is actually entitled to a response at least.

Now, if Yahweh were to call out His stewards, will this Op be among?

If Lucifer (a sworn enemy) could have conversations with yahweh, why does the Op need to make any list to have a right to ask certain questions.

let me quote PastorOlu. [b]"You can't get there from here, You have to go back and start from the other side" [b]

What other side is that? I'm not sure the Op understands that.

that's if u want to get it right.

The Op definitely wants to get it right, that's the essence of this thread. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by analice107: 12:12pm On Dec 21, 2015
really, if he can find that book, it will help him.
Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by SunehriLasgidi(f): 1:07pm On Dec 21, 2015
analice107:
really, if he can find that book, it will help him.

True. Only men can ask questions. Cute. wink
Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by ValentineMary(m): 2:33pm On Dec 21, 2015
This is to show u that the Judeo-christian God is a non existing being and the people who invented him are inconsistent. The bible is full of errors and mistakes both scientifically and morally. Can that be from an all knowing God

1 Like

Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by DeathStroke007(m): 3:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
The only thing that makes human unique is FREE WILL ... Whatever you do with your free will is your choice and what you will be judged with

Concerning the issue of violence in the world.. Allah told us right from the very first creation adam, in a very clear term that SATAN is our enemy.. Its your choice to follow satan or follow ALLAH

Concerning the issue that ALLAH has know what will happen and sorts.. Ofcourse HE has.. Its our free will that will guide us.. If ALLAH has destined you to kill, and fortunately for you, you are close to ALLAH, you will never kill..

Guess you got your answers
Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by Flygeriansteve: 3:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
True...the problems with my belief, my skepticism about God is that the Bible is filled with so many holes in its logic.
The creation story, the Hebrew version contained in the Bible is no more true than the various myths of creation in practically every culture or civilisation. Noah's Ark is just plain unrealistic, its specifications and dimension would have made it snap and break to pieces, and then God's instruction to take two of every kind, two mosquitoes??
Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by SunehriLasgidi(f): 7:36am On Dec 22, 2015
Flygeriansteve:
True...the problems with my belief, my skepticism about God is that the Bible is filled with so many holes in its logic.
The creation story, the Hebrew version contained in the Bible is no more true than the various myths of creation in practically every culture or civilisation. Noah's Ark is just plain unrealistic, its specifications and dimension would have made it snap and break to pieces, and then God's instruction to take two of every kind, two mosquitoes??

Yes!
Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by SunehriLasgidi(f): 7:36am On Dec 22, 2015
That is the point I'm trying to raise. I KNOW there is God. But, the way he/she has been portrayed to us is faulty. Going with Carl Jung, religions are just myths trying to explain existentialism. "Who are we?" "Where did we come from?" "Where are we going?".

It gets more interesting that the Judeo-Christian account of creation is the same with the Egyptian, Greeco-Roman, and Summerian myths. The story of Noah is almost the same with the Epic of Gilgamesh.

My point is that: There is God. Human beings have portrayed him/her to be what he/she isn't. We should try to find this being on our own.
Religion is another social institution that seeks to control the society.

"If you don't behave, I won't buy you Ice cream."

"If you sin, you'll go to hell"

It's all social control.

A relationship with God is the best thing. I feel we don't need religion for that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by SunehriLasgidi(f): 7:39am On Dec 22, 2015
DeathStroke007:
The only thing that makes human unique is FREE WILL ... Whatever you do with your free will is your choice and what you will be judged with

Concerning the issue of violence in the world.. Allah told us right from the very first creation adam, in a very clear term that SATAN is our enemy.. Its your choice to follow satan or follow ALLAH

Concerning the issue that ALLAH has know what will happen and sorts.. Ofcourse HE has.. Its our free will that will guide us.. If ALLAH has destined you to kill, and fortunately for you, you are close to ALLAH, you will never kill..

Guess you got your answers

Almighty Allah gave us free will. Accepted. But, why doesn't he do anything when one person's free will hurts another person? If he is omnipotent and allows evil to thrive, he might be malevolent and sadistic. How do you see it?

I'm just asking to know.
Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by DeathStroke007(m): 7:50am On Dec 22, 2015
SunehriLasgidi:

Almighty Allah gave us free will. Accepted. But, why doesn't he do anything when one person's free will hurts another person? If he is omnipotent and allows evil to thrive, he might be malevolent and sadistic. How do you see it?

I'm just asking to know.

Why are you asking dumb questions huh? With freewill, whatever you do I'd your choice..its your will..

Why doesn't Allah do anything when one person freewill hurt another person?

Answer: Allah create humans and gave us manual. Even electronics get manual, every simple thing has manual. Human being who is the most sophisticated machine also has manual. Manual is al quran.. Reading it will guide you through your freewill by using it never to hurt anybody. You deciding to hurt anyone is solely your fault..because its your choice. For ecample, I give you a gun. Its absolutely your choice either to use it or not.the usage of the gun has nothing to do with me because its your choice. You might think then why did you give me a gun.. A gun I give you is to self protect yourself not to hurt another person. For example, prophet muhammad(saw) so many people said bad things about him during his life and even wage war against him and even tried to kill him, he can use his freewill and ask Allah to destroy them but he didn't.. That's absolutely his choice. Noah on the other hand ask for the destruction of those that didn't listen to his sermons.. Only people that enetered the ark got saved. Its his choice for Allah to destroy them, its their choice to choose not to accept his sermon and its their choice to get destroyed..
Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by BETATRON(m): 7:59am On Dec 22, 2015
SunehriLasgidi:

I'm just asking to know.
just as you wouldn't expect man to pass an exam without prepare hard for it you don't expect him to also succeed and earn peace without striving for it

What we call Evil exists as a result of man FREE WILL..not because God created Him has evil(even most who do evil hide it under the banner of Good)

From my first statement..it is mans duty to fight of evil and pray for God's assistance..you caNnot just sit back idly and expect evil,the result of man's free will to go off

Cause it takes two for an oppression to take place..the oppressed who sit back and watch the oppression continue and the oppressor who persists in the hedious act
As stated in the koran---we do not change the state of a people unless they change their own condition

Also it states--for those who strive in our path we shall indeed guide them to our path
Re: A Dear God Letter: Questions For God by DeathStroke007(m): 8:10am On Dec 22, 2015
SunehriLasgidi:

I'm just asking to know.

Thriving of evil has nothing to do with Allah.. It has to do with human.. Its human choice to do evil. Evil emmanates from satan and Allah tell us that satan is our enemy.. Meaning stay from evil

(1) (2) (Reply)

From Atheist To Church Planter: Pastor Alin On The Deficiency Of Atheism. / Jesus Is Real - A Living Testimony / Is Tithing False Doctrine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.