Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Did Rick Ross Over-saturate The Music Scene With His Music? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Did Rick Ross Over-saturate The Music Scene With His Music? (868 Views)

Timi Dakolo Replies Twitter User Tired Of Seeing His Wife In His Music Videos / 2face Son, Nino, Working On His Music Talent / OMG Did Rick Loss Get A Hot Slap At The Pool Today? Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Rick Ross Over-saturate The Music Scene With His Music? by kayo80(m): 5:53pm On Dec 18, 2015
So...Do you think Rick Ross over-saturated the music scene with his music in the last couple of years? I think so. And it was a big mistake. In the last 21 months, he has released three albums, and one mixtape. I think that's just too much music for that that short a period. That is like releasing four albums in two years, cos really, his Black Dollar mixtape was like an album (most of his mixtapes are like albums). Oh, yea, I almost forgot he also released a mixtape titled Renzel last month, filled with his remixes of other people's songs. The mixtape was a double disk, and had 26 songs on it...Come on! That's taking it too far.

Yea, there was a time Lil Wayne saturated the market with his music, and didn't burn out, but there is a big difference here. Lil Wayne's style of music has very little dept to it. Wayne depends on his unlimited punchlines and metaphors, backed with his crazy delivery to carry him through most songs. But Ross is more of a content based rapper, and it is only so much ways you can tell your story or drop street knowledge before people start getting tired of it. And besides, Lil Wayne was doing a lot of features/guest appearances, not dropping two albums in a year and all that.

Rick Ross just dropped his latest album, his 8th studio album (Black Market), and even though the album is better than the one before it, it sold far less. After a full week in stores, Ross's latest album, Black Market sold just a little over 60,000 copies. This is the lowest first week sales in his 9 years long career. At this point, I think he needs to focus on promoting this album and all the songs on it to the maximum for the next couple of months, and then he needs to take a long hiatus. He needs to go off the scene for a while; maybe do a couple of features, but not releasing another album or mixtape for at least two years. Then come back again, and take things slow this time. When people have too much of anything, they get tired of it, and it loses its worth in their eyes. It is that simple.

http://www.kaysrapzone.com/2015/12/did-rick-ross-over-saturate-music-scene.html

Re: Did Rick Ross Over-saturate The Music Scene With His Music? by BreezyCB(m): 6:26pm On Dec 18, 2015
Black Market Is Wack Album
Re: Did Rick Ross Over-saturate The Music Scene With His Music? by kayo80(m): 6:31pm On Dec 18, 2015
BreezyCB:
Black Market Is Wack Album

Your opinion. I'm sure you probably didn't even listen to the album.
Re: Did Rick Ross Over-saturate The Music Scene With His Music? by Dangbo(m): 7:30pm On Dec 18, 2015
Don't mind him na only pasuma he dey hear
kayo80:

Re: Did Rick Ross Over-saturate The Music Scene With His Music? by Dangbo(m): 7:31pm On Dec 18, 2015
LIE GO KILL YOU OH RICK ROS RELEASED TWO ALBUMS AND ONE MIXTAPE

ALBUM:
BLACK DOLLAR
BLACK MARKET

MIXTAPE:
RENZEL REMIXES.

SO NO DEY LIE
Re: Did Rick Ross Over-saturate The Music Scene With His Music? by kayo80(m): 8:11pm On Dec 18, 2015
Dangbo:
Don't mind him na only pasuma he dey hear

lol!
Re: Did Rick Ross Over-saturate The Music Scene With His Music? by kayo80(m): 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2015
Dangbo:
LIE GO KILL YOU OH RICK ROS RELEASED TWO ALBUMS AND ONE MIXTAPE

ALBUM:
BLACK DOLLAR
BLACK MARKET

MIXTAPE:
RENZEL REMIXES.

SO NO DEY LIE

Dude, are you 12 years old? What exactly did I say that is a lie? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Dollar
Re: Did Rick Ross Over-saturate The Music Scene With His Music? by BreezyCB(m): 4:57am On Dec 19, 2015
kayo80:

black Dollar Is Stil Dope Dan Black Market

(1) (Reply)

Child Stars That Grew Up Become Ugly / Photos From Super Falcons Star, Ugochi Desire Oparanozie's Vacation in SA / Comedian Buchi "Ti Take Over", Signed A Multi-millionaire Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.