Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,750 members, 7,851,568 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:10 PM

Nigeria’s Economy In A Merciless Condition – Tinubu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Economy In A Merciless Condition – Tinubu (3297 Views)

Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG / Emefiele To Senate: Nigeria’s Economy In Deep Crisis / "France will lead a merciless fight against terrorists" - Prez. Francois Holland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Economy In A Merciless Condition – Tinubu by anigbajumo(m): 9:10pm On Dec 18, 2015
Love Machine:
For tinubu to make this statement is an indication that he is not in good terms with Buhari.

This is not the matter of loyalty to PMB but the truth about what is going on in this country.

Even the blind knws the Economy of this country is badt and worsen day by day.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy In A Merciless Condition – Tinubu by Chubhie: 9:16pm On Dec 18, 2015
With all the billions APC spent on campaign alone I guess they were expecting to have ROI the first 6 months after winning elections. Alas, they met exactly the rot they were using broom to sweep during campaign but no funds to loot.

It will be a miracle if APC lasts 4 years in Aso rock.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy In A Merciless Condition – Tinubu by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2015
The answer to Nigeria's problem will come naturally when oil price plummets under $20pb. When the cost of pumping, bunkering and shipping oil becomes higher than the income derived, then Federal Government will approve Resource Control as a focal module for Confederal System of Government. When States are allowed to mine "all" their natural resources and pay just tax to the government, then Nigeria will work. Outside that, this country will compete with Zimbabwe economically. Bad news is that Zimbabwe has better infrastructures, we havent.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy In A Merciless Condition – Tinubu by SonOfEl(m): 10:05pm On Dec 18, 2015
APC....excuses upon excuses......
Re: Nigeria’s Economy In A Merciless Condition – Tinubu by MyGeneration(m): 10:14pm On Dec 18, 2015
EternalTruths:
Tinubu shut up

Tell Buhari to embrace True Federalism which will greatly catalyze the diversification of our economy angry

do u know wat is true federalism?
If true federalism was to come into play apart from Oil rich states like Rivers, Akwa ibom and Delta am not sure of any other state that will survive.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy In A Merciless Condition – Tinubu by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 19, 2015
Tinubu is a very intelligent businessman. I would have preferred him as President than Buari.

I do not hate APC, i earlier warned of their choice of candidate.

Infact, he can turn the fortunes of Nigeria even in this downturn. I got the foresight.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy In A Merciless Condition – Tinubu by btoks: 8:21am On Dec 19, 2015
musicwriter:
Only science can solve the poverty problem of a nation, not holding lectures. Ignorant elites everywhere!.

First of all, in order to begin the journey to our economic freedom we must pursue true education, especially as it concerns science education. The current model of education that we inherited from colonial Britain and France does not support development in Africa. In fact, western education is anti-development. That's ultimately why we're poor. Western powers don't want you to know this. I proved it conclusively in the part 1 and 2 of the link on my signature.

Science + Technology = Industry.

Science + Technology + Industry = Development.

It's that simple!,

Africa cannot develop without investment in grassroots science.
I read your article, fantastic insight into our fundamental issues as Africans due to mental slavery and the impact on our economy. We've got a long way to go but can be turned around with great vision and political will.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy In A Merciless Condition – Tinubu by btoks: 8:27am On Dec 19, 2015
MyGeneration:

do u know wat is true federalism?
If true federalism was to come into play apart from Oil rich states like Rivers, Akwa ibom and Delta am not sure of any other state that will survive.
I think each state will then be forced to survive by exploring other options within the state e.g. mining as pointed out by previous poster or tourism, manufacturing etc.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy In A Merciless Condition – Tinubu by MyGeneration(m): 9:42am On Dec 19, 2015
btoks:
I think each state will then be forced to survive by exploring other options within the state e.g. mining as pointed out by previous poster or tourism, manufacturing etc.
becareful of what u wish for o.
Not every state is richly endowed whether with solid minerals or with oil and gas, and some states are yet to attain that level of development to stand on there own.
Right now its only the current system that can sustain Nigeria, until Nigeria fully diversifies it's economy.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy In A Merciless Condition – Tinubu by EternalTruths: 9:54am On Dec 19, 2015
MyGeneration:

becareful of what u wish for o.
Not every state is richly endowed whether with solid minerals or with oil and gas, and some states are yet to attain that level of development to stand on there own.
Right now its only the current system that can sustain Nigeria, until Nigeria fully diversifies it's economy.

Wrong absolutely wrong

All states can stand on their own kiss

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy In A Merciless Condition – Tinubu by MyGeneration(m): 10:03am On Dec 19, 2015
EternalTruths:

Wrong absolutely wrong

All states can stand on their own kiss
its easier said than done.
What does a state like Osun want to use to run itself in tge effect of true federalism, if despite the oil revenue they receive they dont mk impact is it when the oil revenue is gone that they want to mk impact, same with some northern states, state like ebonyi and Edo and all d western states apart from Lagos and Ogun and Ondo.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy In A Merciless Condition – Tinubu by MyGeneration(m): 10:12am On Dec 19, 2015
even some southsouth states that people are putting high hopes on that they wud survive it might not turn out that way... Apart from Rivers and Bayelsa that has alot of oil and gas within its territories the rest southsouth states most of there oil comes offshore.
If they agitate for true federalism the north wud agitate for the onshore offshore oil dichotomy and they wud loose all the oil wells in there coast.
A state like Akwa ibom wud return back to the dark days , Delta dats already poor and impoverished wud become worse.
The only thing most southaouth states wud have to bank on is there ports and not all wud be viable.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy In A Merciless Condition – Tinubu by lawani: 8:31am On Dec 20, 2015
MyGeneration:

its easier said than done.
What does a state like Osun want to use to run itself in tge effect of true federalism, if despite the oil revenue they receive they dont mk impact is it when the oil revenue is gone that they want to mk impact, same with some northern states, state like ebonyi and Edo and all d western states apart from Lagos and Ogun and Ondo.
People living in Osun are close to 7 million. Do you think the pittance of federal allocations is what they live on? Go there and see for yourself. You make an uneducated statement. People from the South south are there working in the agro allied economy that I know. Osun's GDP by PPP will be above 50 billion dollars.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy In A Merciless Condition – Tinubu by MyGeneration(m): 9:31am On Dec 20, 2015
lawani:

People living in Osun are close to 7 million. Do you think the pittance of federal allocations is what they live on? Go there and see for yourself. You make an uneducated statement. People from the South south are there working in the agro allied economy that I know. Osun's GDP by PPP will be above 50 billion dollars.
if Nigerias oil goes down, apart from southeastern states that are already used to having zero govt presence in there land, I see hardship coming to alot of Nigerians.
The migration u see to states like Lagos, Ph and Abuja would be child's play.
The only thing now is that people say diversify the economy, what do we want to export?
Nigeria has turned its back on its agriculture that other countries have taken over the spaces they have and now it wont be easy getting back.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy In A Merciless Condition – Tinubu by MyGeneration(m): 9:33am On Dec 20, 2015
Also Mr Lawani Osun's population is not up to 7million.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy In A Merciless Condition – Tinubu by lawani: 11:27am On Dec 20, 2015
MyGeneration:
Also Mr Lawani Osun's population is not up to 7million.
What is Osun's population if Nigeria is 180 million?
Re: Nigeria’s Economy In A Merciless Condition – Tinubu by lawani: 11:30am On Dec 20, 2015
MyGeneration:

if Nigerias oil goes down, apart from southeastern states that are already used to having zero govt presence in there land, I see hardship coming to alot of Nigerians.
The migration u see to states like Lagos, Ph and Abuja would be child's play.
The only thing now is that people say diversify the economy, what do we want to export?
Nigeria has turned its back on its agriculture that other countries have taken over the spaces they have and now it wont be easy getting back.

From 1914 to 1956, all oil consumed in Nigeria was imported yet Nigeria was better back then. Today, the oil is not more than 30 billion dollars inside a over 1 trillion dollars GDP by PPP. So the oil is irrelevant.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy In A Merciless Condition – Tinubu by MyGeneration(m): 11:43am On Dec 20, 2015
lawani:

From 1914 to 1956, all oil consumed in Nigeria was imported yet Nigeria was better back then. Today, the oil is not more than 30 billion dollars inside a over 1 trillion dollars GDP by PPP. So the oil is irrelevant.
back then Nigeria had sth to fall back on and that was agriculture... but now what does Nigeria hv apart from the oil?
Re: Nigeria’s Economy In A Merciless Condition – Tinubu by lawani: 2:20pm On Dec 20, 2015
MyGeneration:

back then Nigeria had sth to fall back on and that was agriculture... but now what does Nigeria hv apart from the oil?

Fall back on as how? Don't you understand that the oil is negligible inside what we live on? And since it causes nonchalance in government, we are better off without it? Your argument has no logical basis. Maybe you want to say export commodity but then all figures are wrong. Right now our main oil customer is India while many other nations buy other things that are largely undocumented.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funny Photos Describing Nigeria Bad Economy Situations / I Am An Niger Delta Avenger / MASSOB Disowns Nnamdi Kanu, Meets Northern Groups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.