Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,129 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. (31425 Views)

7.9 Million Nigerians Became Unemployed In 21 Months – NBS / 16m Nigerians Unemployed In Q3 2017 - National Bureau Of Statistics Reveals / N-power Is A Social Intervention Programme For The Unemployed In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 21, 2015
#clapping#.

Nicely written op! smiley
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by judedwriter(m): 2:29pm On Dec 21, 2015
free2ryhme:
i have seen people with less skills that got mouth watering jobs

all your theories does not prove anything
abi o. Lack of connection is why many qualified people r jobless.
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by oshdam2015: 2:33pm On Dec 21, 2015
Really good point. I got qualified with ACCA and completed my NYSC this year. My first job in April was with an audit firm that paid below 50k, however, my confidence was boosted. Left it for a better offer and on and on like that. Today am earning good where I am presently and resigned already to take on another better offer by January. It's possible I was still at home if had expected to start big. All this happen in less than a year.

Don't expect the mega pay at first. Start doing something so you can amass confidence and gain more skills. It will just be a stepping stone.
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by ewizard1: 2:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
Everyone wants to have a thread on the frontpage.
Just one reason - You dont have the connection!
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 21, 2015
Above all, if you lack big / LONG leg (connection), sorry oo
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by teehef: 3:00pm On Dec 21, 2015
A Silver Corolla 2004 model with plate number KUJ 181 HN (abuja) was stolen on Sunday at Ilupeju. Please call 08098980717 if you have any information that can help find it
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by Evathyst(f): 4:06pm On Dec 21, 2015
ArcIbrahim38:
You will be unemployed in Nigeria if the favour market is not at your favour....gbam
or succinctly put, you'll remain unemployed in Nigeria if the witches in your village follow you like the below pix.

Forget skill, forget education, forget everything...

Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by teehef: 4:21pm On Dec 21, 2015
A Silver Corolla 2004 model with plate number KUJ 181 HN (abuja) was stolen on Sunday at Ilupeju. Please call 08098980717 if you have any information that can help find it.
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by daxon001(m): 4:44pm On Dec 21, 2015
stevealibi:
I concor
Timaya featuring Don Jazzy grin
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by Hefemale: 5:00pm On Dec 21, 2015
menix:
All these grammar nah for Man wey no sabi Man...

If ur uncle nah Director for MTN, will ur confidence abii demand in anyway matter when u don't even need to sit for an Interview..
You travel? I dey look for u since
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 21, 2015
oshdam2015:
Really good point. I got qualified with ACCA and completed my NYSC this year. My first job in April was with an audit firm that paid below 50k, however, my confidence was boosted. Left it for a better offer and on and on like that. Today am earning good where I am presently and resigned already to take on another better offer by January. It's possible I was still at home if had expected to start big. All this happen in less than a year.

Don't expect the mega pay at first. Start doing something so you can amass confidence and gain more skills. It will just be a stepping stone.
I have a similar story thought right now i'm doing a msc programme. My first job was 60k. My salary got more than doubled in less than 2 years. New graduates should be willing to take a smalll pay for a start. You have no bargaining power yet. As time goes on and with God, things will get better. No one will remain at the same spot for 10 years.

1 Like

Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by menix(m): 5:11pm On Dec 21, 2015
Hefemale:

You travel? I dey look for u since

An Antichrist(moderator) sent me for Torture(Ban) I remembered 1st john 4 vs 4 after a week nd I broke free..

Watin u chop remain
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by Hefemale: 5:13pm On Dec 21, 2015
menix:

An Antichrist(moderator) sent me for Torture(Ban) I remembered 1st john 4 vs 4 after a week nd I broke free..

Watin u chop remain
Lol, I chop goat head remain. how u dey na? I never laugh for a long time as I nor see your post.

Welcome back.
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by menix(m): 5:36pm On Dec 21, 2015
Hefemale:

Lol, I chop goat head remain. how u dey na? I never laugh for a long time as I nor see your post.

Welcome back.

Fanx
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 21, 2015
Ojestas:
OP forgot to mention this;
Reason 4: If you don't have connections

Who cares about your skills or what you v got to offer, as long as u know the Ogas at the top. C'est finis.

Next poster, pls let them know!
Very important!
You must know somebody that knows another person that has the job.
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by Trendishine: 10:12pm On Dec 21, 2015
panachuku:
easy to say, the reality is dat graduates outnumber the available jobs, its only logic some will be jobless. also not everyone can be an enterprenuer even most pple dat venture into it get thier hands burnt . it is jst a sign of end times
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by ewosk: 11:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
After all said and opined some men dey get high paying jobs without connection and na dem go even call figures sef....

2016 e go happen for me and my well wishers....

I go join the microscopic few that get those lucrative jobs grin IJN

1 Like

Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by adelujohn(m): 12:12am On Dec 22, 2015
Nice write up. God bless u.
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 22, 2015
LOOKING FOR A JOB IS A GOOD THING....
BUT HAVING MULTIPLE INCOME SOURCES IS EVEN BETTER.
AND WHO SAYS NETWORKING DOESN'T WORK or IS BAD?...... ASK THE ELITES.
LOOK BEAUTIFUL, MAKE MONEY, MEET NEW FRIENDS.......HAVE FUN, I AM EXCITED.

You wont be disappointed.

INTERESTED? feel free to contact me wink Join Oriflame now! http://ng.oriflame.com/business-opportunity/become-consultant?potentialSponsor=87879
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by ArcIbrahim38(m): 6:31pm On Dec 22, 2015
Evathyst:
or succinctly put, you'll remain unemployed in Nigeria if the witches in your village follow you like the below pix.

Forget skill, forget education, forget everything...

Hahaha Chai their is god ooooo
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by superstr: 2:35am On Jan 15, 2016
panachuku:
easy to say, the reality is dat graduates outnumber the available jobs, its only logic some will be jobless. also not everyone can be an enterprenuer even most pple dat venture into it get thier hands burnt . it is jst a sign of end times

This is not correct ... Some jobs bring stipend and people dont outnumbered those ones... They only outnumbered well paying jobs.
Re: 03 Reasons Why You May Be Unemployed In Nigeria. by superstr: 4:16am On Jun 11, 2020
You can give yourself a great chance to get international jobs by learning software development here:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC2PGsADIP0gGasA6Qent5Zw

(1) (2) (Reply)

As A Graduate Can You Do This? .... / Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment / ................

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.