Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,719 members, 7,824,043 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Dasukigate, The Bail, The END? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dasukigate, The Bail, The END? (927 Views)

Sule Lamido Rejects Bail Condition (See The Bail Conditions) / Dasukigate: The Nation Newspaper Returns N9million / Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dasukigate, The Bail, The END? by 2sex(m): 3:13pm On Dec 19, 2015
I want someone to educate me on something.

I read that Dasuki has been granted bail... is that the end? as in, he will go scott free just like that, no jail terms?

Or can someone tell me on what terms was he granted bail? what happens to the all the monies that was siphoned?

Please I need answers because it will be very disappointing if this man is allowed back into the public considering the lives, both soldier's and civilians, that has been lost due to the acts of this man.
Re: Dasukigate, The Bail, The END? by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:19pm On Dec 19, 2015
He is no more under custody of the forces. He can go home. He will come back to court for trial. If he is found guilty, he will go to jail and pay fine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dasukigate, The Bail, The END? by coded01: 3:30pm On Dec 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
He is no more under custody of the forces. He can go home. He will come back to court for trial. If he is found guilty, he will go to jail and pay fine.

I gbadun your honesty... wink

1 Like

Re: Dasukigate, The Bail, The END? by 2sex(m): 3:37pm On Dec 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
okay thanks bro... but is all his confessions not enough to jail him? which other evidence are they looking for again?
Re: Dasukigate, The Bail, The END? by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:52pm On Dec 19, 2015
2sex:
okay thanks bro... but is all his confessions not enough to jail him? which other evidence are they looking for again?

It is a technical case. The prosecuting lawyers will fight to prove that Dasuki acted on his own to squander and waste public funds.

Dasuki's defence is, he was acting under the orders of GEJ.

The main questions are:
Did he know what he did was wrong?
Even if he was under orders, did he have the moral obligation to say no?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasukigate, The Bail, The END? by 2sex(m): 4:46pm On Dec 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

It is a technical case. The prosecuting lawyers will fight to prove that Dasuki acted on his own to squander and waste public funds.

Dasuki's defence is, he was acting under the orders of GEJ.

The main question are:
Did he know what he did was wrong?
Even if he was under orders, did he have the moral obligation to say no?
Okay, if he was acting under the order to GEJ, then GEJ should be arrest then. If there is anything I hated about GEJ, it's the liberty of squandering public funds with reckless abandon
Re: Dasukigate, The Bail, The END? by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2015
2sex:
Okay, if he was acting under the order to GEJ, then GEJ should be arrest then. If there is anything I hated about GEJ, it's the liberty of squandering public funds with reckless abandon

I do not think we would get a GEJ arrest. If you remember, he had series of meetings with President Buhari. I think most of the returned funds that is going to be part of next years budget is from GEJ.

If GEJ returned money and reached an agreement, then he will not go to trial. Also, I feel GEJ leaked the information of the Dazuki money.

So if GEJ is cooperating, we won't get to see him behind bars.

That is if my assumption of GEJ returning money and cooperating is correct.
Re: Dasukigate, The Bail, The END? by 2sex(m): 4:58pm On Dec 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I do not think we would get a GEJ arrest. If you remember, he had series of meetings with President Buhari. I think most of the returned funds that is going to be part of next years budget is from GEJ.

If GEJ returned money and reached an agreement, then he will not go to trial. Also, I feel GEJ leaked the information of the Dazuki money.

true bro.. true so true lol

you don abandon me ooo
Re: Dasukigate, The Bail, The END? by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:59pm On Dec 19, 2015
2sex:
true bro.. true so true lol

you don abandon me ooo

It is not like that. Things are slow on my end. I will hola at you. Do not vex.
Re: Dasukigate, The Bail, The END? by 2sex(m): 5:03pm On Dec 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

It is not like that. Things are slow on my end. I will hola at you. Do not vex.
bro, to be honest, you have got to do more than you are currently doing. I sleep less than 5 hours daily.
Re: Dasukigate, The Bail, The END? by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:05pm On Dec 19, 2015
2sex:
bro, to be honest, you have got to do more than you are currently doing. I sleep less than 5 hours daily.

Thanks for the motivation. I will put in more efforts and keep you updated.
Re: Dasukigate, The Bail, The END? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

My simple contribution to this is that as Executive President under a war situation, the president can give orders. Moreover, the funds involved is "Security Votes", noone has ever audited security votes. Go ask Buhari how he spent his security votes and who approved what.
Re: Dasukigate, The Bail, The END? by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:06pm On Dec 19, 2015
Xetima:

My simple contribution to this is that as Executive President under a war situation, the president can give orders. Moreover, the funds involved is "Security Votes", noone has ever audited security votes. Go ask Buhari how he spent his security votes and who approved what.

If Dasuki spent the money on Security matters, I do not think there would have a case against him. Spending the money on frivolous things, election campaigns, paying Royal fathers for their supports is something else.

Even chicks were carrying PDP crested envelops with bundle of dollars worth about ten thousand dollars is frightening.

Billions of naira spent on Spiritual matters (OdeNshi). Is shocking while our young heroes lost their lives defending our nation against Boko Haram without good ammunition and food. .

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Welcome To The Future Of The World's Most Populous Black Nation / 10 Major Events That Shaped Nigeria Political Scene In 2015 / Buhari Winner Glo CAF Platinum Award - Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.