Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers (12880 Views)

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / Check Out The Characteristics Of A Good And Decent Hotel / An Overview Of Lagos-Airport Road Construction - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 19, 2015
1. They are ok with paying money just to park their cars at shoprite but complained when Fashola spoke of the return of toll gates.

2. When danfo drivers drive rough, they know the difference between a car and an expensive one.

3. In traffic, they insult you for not allowing their vehicle some space to move ahead, but forget they did the same to another motorist few minutes ago.

4. Lastma officials are beginning to starve cos lagos drivers are now fast learners.

5. They complain of too much traffic but are ready to start one just cos they want to buy gala on the highway.

6. After spending hours in traffic, you get to realise it was caused by two motorists who failed to move their vehicles out of the way after bashing each other.

7. They increase their speed at a zebra crossing with Humans waiting to cross, but stop to allow Cows pass when they see them.

Written by Adewole Segun

http://lifestyletonight..co.ke/2015/12/7-characteristics-of-lagos-drivers.html?m=0#more

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 19, 2015
no 7 got me cracking grin

12 Likes

Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by veekid(m): 6:53pm On Dec 19, 2015
Lol
Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by tunapawizzy: 6:54pm On Dec 19, 2015
No 7 funny but true

2 Likes

Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by odiereke(m): 6:55pm On Dec 19, 2015
Nice write up.
Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by SUCRE007: 6:55pm On Dec 19, 2015
they are also drinkers
Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by ta4ba3(m): 6:55pm On Dec 19, 2015
They shout IYALAYAE If their fellow drive misbehave and they always carry a military man at d front of d bus calling him staff

5 Likes

Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by menix(m): 6:55pm On Dec 19, 2015
The Danfo drivers see Traffic light as street light...

They complain the city is dirty but throw gala nylon out of their window.

8 Likes

Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by x6blade(m): 6:55pm On Dec 19, 2015
Memories cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by Samiceman: 6:56pm On Dec 19, 2015
See
Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by AmakaDNBStories(f): 6:56pm On Dec 19, 2015
Issokay.
Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by moscobabs(m): 6:56pm On Dec 19, 2015
op that your moniker is bad for your biz u know?
Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by pero45: 6:56pm On Dec 19, 2015
Rubbish.........pls
Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by abumeinben(m): 6:56pm On Dec 19, 2015
Conductor: 150
Me : na 100 na
Driver: Enter
Later
Conductor: money
Me: hands N100
Conductor: Nor be 150 I tell you?
Me: calls driver attention, shey u say maka enter?
Driver: nor be u I talk, na conductor, u money na 150..

Me: embarassed

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by Dindondin(m): 6:56pm On Dec 19, 2015
merry Xmas. daz all
Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by omusiliyu(m): 6:57pm On Dec 19, 2015
[size=15pt]They support Chelsea Football Club and Saheed Osupa is their favourite musician[/size]

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by nerdfrost(m): 6:57pm On Dec 19, 2015
Most lagos drivers are hypocrites. Some people will come in here and start saying its buhari's fault undecided the thunder wey go fire u dey drink origin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by Demmocrats(m): 6:57pm On Dec 19, 2015
Driving in Lagos is not like driving in Washington "Fela", i take a bow for Lagos drivers.

1 Like

Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 19, 2015
M comint
Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by Lexzycane(m): 6:59pm On Dec 19, 2015
Number 7 though.
Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by MzPecs(f): 7:01pm On Dec 19, 2015
No 7 is so funny cheesy cheesy cheesy
gringringrin

Shout out to all lasgidi bus drivers!

3 Likes

Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 19, 2015
I have been meaning to open D's kinda thread too, but leeme just shrink my piece here.
Nawa for danfo drivers in Lagos oooo.
one thing is that, they will force you to drive insane too.
Believe me you dare not leave a little space in front of you, they would manage that space and force to brake abruptly.
They would wait for passengers in front of you and even call passengers to enter their bus without parking or leaving the road for you to pass.
damn it, they don't listen to hoots. No matter how hard you press that horn,u are just wasting your time.
Danfo drivers would curse you with anything they k ow if you drive smarter than them. They rather not ask before you give them cus they would drag that lane with you as if it was their birth right you are denying them.
Guys, you will fear them when it comes to overtaking a Danfo. yes, they are quite slow, but they would pick race as soon as it's time for you to overtake.
When a Danfo driver drives on wrong way, they expect you to clear away for them ( go and see them and cele onward mile 2 axis)
well, the last one I can remember though is this.... If a danfo driver bash you, end, if they do, don't even try to speak big grammars cus they would beg you with all they have ( without money though ). No matter how you screen them, they never have a dime to pay . All you would hear is "Ejo nitori olorun " ( I beg you in the name of God )
Abeg, Lagos na one life jare, if you agree hit Like. jare.
. Drabeey

27 Likes

Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by Medunah: 7:03pm On Dec 19, 2015
No6 I just so annoying
Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 19, 2015
omusiliyu:
[size=15pt]They support Chelsea Football Club and Saheed Osupa is their favourite musician[/size]
so true.

6 Likes

Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by ichommy(m): 7:04pm On Dec 19, 2015
cheesy
Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by anochuko01(m): 7:05pm On Dec 19, 2015
they press their vehicle horn to make rhythm.....like say them wan do beat

11 Likes

Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by GenOrumov: 7:06pm On Dec 19, 2015
The greatest offence you can commit against me is not indicating when turning at a bend (what is known as "trafficating". There is even no word as such)

So, while driving, I curse a lot now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Characteristics Of Lagos Drivers by seggzz(m): 7:06pm On Dec 19, 2015
8. They can take you pass your bus stop if you don't shout three times.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria To Concession Abuja, Lagos, Kano International Airports – Africaonline / How Do I Get A Police Character Report? / BREAKING: Airport Workers Shut Down FAAN Headquarters Over Beating Of Colleague

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.