Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

How Do I Get A Police Character Report? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do I Get A Police Character Report? (12908 Views)

Nigerian Police Character Certificate; Help With Validity. / Police Character Certificate For Australia Student Visa / Nigerian Police Report(police Character) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by AKO1(m): 4:19pm On Jul 21, 2008
Hi,

I am in the process of acquiring a student visa. One of the embassy's requirements is a "police character report".

Please can anyone who has got this in the past or knows how to go about it kindly inform me?

Thank you.
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by igbogolo: 4:27pm On Jul 21, 2008
if you are in lagos, go to alagboon. N5000k will sort you out.goodluck
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by AKO1(m): 4:32pm On Jul 21, 2008
Is that 5000 thousand or 5000 naira?

Does it include bribe or its the actual cost?

Im in Ibadan at the moment.
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by igbogolo: 6:05pm On Jul 21, 2008
sorry. its N5000.00k
i did mine for N1500 just because I was pleasent to a lady there.
U may flirt your way to getting a low fee for the certificate too
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by AKO1(m): 6:39pm On Jul 21, 2008
OK thank you.

What kind of personal records would they require?
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by ifyalways(f): 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2008
A_K_O:

OK thank you.

What kind of personal records would they require?
Sorry,If you have your cash ready,there wont be any questions or personal reords query whatsoever.all they need is the cash.my friend did his,no much questions and he paid 4000K.Looks like it dont have a specific price or
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by AKO1(m): 6:52pm On Jul 21, 2008
ifyalways:

Sorry,If you have your cash ready,there wont be any questions or personal reords query whatsoever.all they need is the cash.my friend did his,no much questions and he paid 4000K.Looks like it don't have a specific price or

Oh ok, I just (sadly) remembered that this is Naija. . . . . same way people buy driving licenses right?
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by Okijajuju1(m): 7:35pm On Jul 21, 2008
@ A.K.O

Its 5000 naira if you are willing to wait for likr forever to get it.

I paid about 15,000 naira to get mine in 5 days and I did mine in port-harcourt.
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by ty4real(m): 9:18pm On Jul 21, 2008
@Poster,
Go to Alagbon and you will get it done without any hassle,The 5k will do the magic! grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by kadman(m): 9:21am On Jul 22, 2008
A_K_O:

Oh ok, I just (sadly) remembered that this is Naija. . . . . same way people buy driving licenses right?

I don't think you're ready to travel,you're still on here abusing Naija,instead of you to run and go and get it. Won't we blame the embassy asking for stupid things,what does a Police Report have anything to do with a student application.
As Igbogolo said it costs less than 5,000. I did mine for 3,500 no hassles. Just act sharp and don't be cheated.
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by AKO1(m): 9:45am On Jul 22, 2008
kadman:

I don't think you're ready to travel,you're still on here abusing Naija,instead of you to run and go and get it. Won't we blame the embassy asking for stupid things,what does a Police Report have anything to do with a student application.
As Igbogolo said it costs less than 5,000. I did mine for 3,500 no hassles. Just act sharp and don't be cheated.

Lol I wasnt abusing Naija; thats the reality on ground. I was only pointing it out. . . .

I think they need the police report to ensure that you have no criminal records. . . . I have none so no shaking. grin
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by GoldCircle: 9:51am On Jul 22, 2008
if you are really serious, go to Alagbon like you've been told and ask of Inspector Joshua Ogwo (fingerprint section). tell him you were referred by a friend called Eddy!
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by tonysmart: 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2008
@ Okija _juju
Please where in PH will i go to get it? Is it the police HQ or any police station in PH ? I am in PH and willing to wait for 5 days.
Tony-PH
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by papi22(m): 9:25pm On Jul 27, 2008
GoldCircle:

if you are really serious, go to Alagbon like you've been told and ask of Inspector Joshua Ogwo (fingerprint section). tell him you were referred by a friend called Eddy!

watch out
dont implicate inspector joshua
u know his superior might be here
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by 4Play(m): 9:27pm On Jul 27, 2008
ifyalways:

Sorry,If you have your cash ready,there wont be any questions or personal reords query whatsoever.all they need is the cash.my friend did his,no much questions and he paid 4000K.Looks like it don't have a specific price or

"All they need is cash!". . . .you have to love the Nigerian Police. grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:37pm On Jul 27, 2008
tonysmart:

@ Okija _juju
Please where in PH will i go to get it? Is it the police HQ or any police station in PH ? I am in PH and willing to wait for 5 days.
Tony-PH

Go to Town, Borokiri. State Criminal Investigation Department. (SCID). Ask for finger print division, the mans name is Mr. Abalaba. If you still need further help I could get you his number.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:47pm On Jul 27, 2008
ifyalways:

Sorry,If you have your cash ready,there wont be any questions or personal reords query whatsoever.all they need is the cash.

Thats the beauty of Naija olopa. They have o database so everybody wey want character report is innocent until . . , . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . forever. grin
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by DisGuy: 10:55pm On Jul 27, 2008
A_K_O:

Lol I wasnt abusing Naija; thats the reality on ground. I was only pointing it out. . . .

I think they need the police report to ensure that you have no criminal records.
. . . I have none so no shaking. grin

so who in nigeria has a criminal record? is there really a database?
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by tonysmart: 3:46am On Jul 28, 2008
@ Okija_Juju,

Thanks for the information i will appreciate if you can get me his number of Mr Abalaba
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by tonysmart: 4:56am On Jul 28, 2008
sorry for the typo but i will appreciate having Mr Abalaba's number.
Thanks
Tony-PH
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:15am On Jul 29, 2008
tonysmart:

@ Okija_Juju,

Thanks for the information i will appreciate if you can get me his number of Mr Abalaba

I need your email addy.
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by tonysmart: 12:25am On Jul 29, 2008
@Okija_Juju

tonysmart_2000@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Tony-PH
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:49am On Jul 29, 2008
just to confirm "tonysmart_2000"

Is that right??
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by tonysmart: 1:29am On Jul 29, 2008
@Okija _juju

Yes
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by tonysmart: 2:23am On Aug 01, 2008
@ Okija_Juju,

I am still expecting to here from you.

Thanks
Tony.
tonysmart_2000@yahoo.com
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:37am On Aug 02, 2008
Tony

I have sent you the numbers, hope it aint too late. Sorry bout the delay, I totally forgot.
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by tonysmart: 4:37pm On Aug 02, 2008
Thank you. It is not late yet
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by AKO1(m): 7:35pm On Aug 29, 2008
[center]@ ALL[/center]

Thanks for your advice; I collected the report today from Alagbon. It is one Mrs. Jegede that helped me.

N5,500 and I wasnt allowed to negotiate.

The report states that I have no criminal convictions in the records of the Nigerian police; records that are no where to be found.

It is valid for only three months.
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by tonysmart: 3:26am On Aug 30, 2008
@ okija_juju,

I collected mine yesterday from the contact you gave me in PH for N14,000. It saved me the stress traveling to Lagos would have given me.

Thanks ,

Tony
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by AKO1(m): 8:28pm On Aug 31, 2008
14k shocked shocked

Omo them tax u oh!

Okija_juju, are u sure you and your 'contact' are not sharing that money? grin

Cuz even I had to give the woman mandatory 'bread', aside from the fees.

Anyway its better for you than going all the way to Lagos.
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by elctroguru(m): 11:44pm On Sep 01, 2008
HEY GUYS,
HOW DO U TAKE THINGS SO TOUGH FOR YOURSELVES
The stuff is witihin the range of #1500 - #3500, Talk to anyone that approaches you there, Its all about bargaining. Dont be scared, they wont shoot you or join you wivn other inmates at alagbon, And for the PH Stuff, NA wa for you oo. 14K?
Re: How Do I Get A Police Character Report? by djunior(m): 1:29pm On Sep 02, 2011
@ house i went to the police headquarters abuja to get a police report and one policeman told me itz 20,000 naira. he even refused me entry inside.plz i need advise on what to do now. tnx

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria To Concession Abuja, Lagos, Kano International Airports – Africaonline / BREAKING: Airport Workers Shut Down FAAN Headquarters Over Beating Of Colleague / My Letter To US Consulate General And His Reply: What Do You Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.