Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,633 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

BUHARI: There Is Power In The Tongue, So Speak Positively. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BUHARI: There Is Power In The Tongue, So Speak Positively. (584 Views)

Daughter Of Buhari's Aide Ojude Blasts Buhari:'There Is Hunger In Nigeria'(Pics) / How Is Power Supply In Your Area? / Buhari: There Are Traitors In My Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BUHARI: There Is Power In The Tongue, So Speak Positively. by petokey: 12:52pm On Dec 20, 2015
It is a reoccurring decimal here in Nairaland and even other social media where we call the President all sort of ridiculous names.

Whether we like it or not, the man will be the President for the next four years. So why the unnecessary hate comments?

In Democracy, majority carries the vote, so even if we didn't vote for him, its most unfortunate that he is now the President of all citizens of Nigeria. Therefore, the least we could do is to support him for the interest of our beloved country Nigeria.

PRAY that God should give him Wisdom instead of calling him a Dull'ard.
Except if you are proud to have a dull'ard as your President.
Be proud to call him your President instead of calling him names like BUBU, BOO'HARI, BULLHARI(what ever that means).

LET ME SHARE MY EXPERIENCE!!

As an SUG Presidential aspirant those days in school. I was robbed of the position even when it appears i was winning the election.
The election became inconclusive because of ballot box snatching and violence that crippled the peaceful process.

My opponents and his supporters were ready to go at any length to make sure that the election was not concluded. Thereby employing hoodlums and machineries outside the school who overpowered the school security, stabbing innocent students and disrupting lectures.

To cut the story short, i was ask to step down after much delibrations and considerations with the School Management and was offered the position of the Vice President as a form of compensation for peace to rain.
But i politely refuse the offer, simply because i can't find myself answerable to a dull'ard who became the SUG President by appointement against the student's mandate.
A decision i came to regret later.

Why am i narrating this story?

Politics in tertiary institutions in the North is a Religious battle, and we the Christians are been overpowered because we tend to do things peacefully and rationally as it ought to be. Unlike the Muslims(no offence) who sees it as a do or die affair.

My not-accepting that offer and my i-don't-care attitude towards that administration did me and my supporters more harm than good because major decisions on student's welfare were made that didn't really favour me and my people.

So i learnt my lesson. I called him a dull'ard then, but whether i liked it or not, he was the SUG president. All the students including myself was under him. So why the hate? I asked myself.

Remember there is power in the tongue. You will obviously get what you prophese or proclaim.

Taking a queue from the Americans, our comments should always end with "GOD BLESS THE PRESIDENT, GOD BLESS NIGERIA". And sometimes we can even say GOD IS A NIGERIAN, afterrall, whatever you believe works for you.

#SupportBuhari

1 Like

Re: BUHARI: There Is Power In The Tongue, So Speak Positively. by Uchan4u(m): 1:01pm On Dec 20, 2015
did it just occur to you now? when Gej was called all manner of names, u didn't preach this gospel

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUHARI: There Is Power In The Tongue, So Speak Positively. by Candyrain(m): 1:02pm On Dec 20, 2015
Did you ever call GEJ clueless? undecided undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUHARI: There Is Power In The Tongue, So Speak Positively. by lomprico(m): 1:23pm On Dec 20, 2015
U dint tell us how u regretted ur decision!
Re: BUHARI: There Is Power In The Tongue, So Speak Positively. by Orjioorji(f): 1:52pm On Dec 20, 2015
Uchan4u:
did it just occur to you now? when Gej was called all manner of names, u didn't preach this gospel
no mind that guy he is hungry, looking for who will salvage his poverty, send me your number I have work for you stop writing what will attract people to insult your father yansh.
Re: BUHARI: There Is Power In The Tongue, So Speak Positively. by jouchmaleo: 1:56pm On Dec 20, 2015
Buhari is à dullard period!
Re: BUHARI: There Is Power In The Tongue, So Speak Positively. by Pidggin(f): 1:57pm On Dec 20, 2015
OP, did you support GEJ? U no well

(1) (Reply)

Macaulay Commend Leo Ogor For Adheke's Appointment / I Didn’t Collect N2.8bn From Jonathan, Pay Me My Money – OPC Leader Tells Buhari / Federal-court-judge-pulls-back-from-kanus-case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.