Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. (45345 Views)

11 Mistakes Most Nigerian Car Owners Make / Don't Fall For This Cheap Scam By A Nigerian Car Dealer. / Toyota Unveils First Nigerian Toyota Vehicle Assembled In Lagos(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by SUPOL(m): 8:19pm On Dec 20, 2015
omosexy was in love with BMW series
Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by Bisjosh(f): 8:21pm On Dec 20, 2015
@ op were u paid for the advert? Or you're the one anchoring the program
Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by SUPOL(m): 8:22pm On Dec 20, 2015
dirtymoney:
Nice concept...
Did Omotola inhale laughing gas before the program?
I think Nigerian Actors n Actresses have issues with self esteem. Unlike d Nigerian musical Artists
Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by Chartey(m): 8:22pm On Dec 20, 2015
Denn:

I am not the presenter....nice feedback.....am at the back
Thanks
My pleasure. Quality show.
Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 20, 2015
Denn:
WATCH The CARS AND STARS show on DSTV starting today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOSMccfhvxE

The CARS AND STARS Television Show is FINALLY HERE!!!

Hosted by Taiwo Onalaja, the show is set to give you the Best Reviews from the Nigerian Auto Industry, Exciting Celebrity Interviews, and International Auto Industry Updates on Every Episode!!!

CATCH US From Sunday the 20th of December at the following times:

Sundays 8:00pm - Africa Magic FAMILY - DSTV Channel 154
Wednesdays 1:30pm - Africa Magic FAMILY - DSTV Channel 154
Saturdays 8:30pm - Africa Magic WORLD- DSTV Channel 155
(West African Time)

For More Information, please visit 

www.carsandstarsng.com

PLEASE Feel Free To SHARE!!!!

How about star times too? I don't do those dstv thieves.
Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by Denn(m): 8:30pm On Dec 20, 2015
Thanks all for watching...
Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by Denn(m): 8:32pm On Dec 20, 2015
Out TV schedule

Sundays 8:00pm - Africa Magic FAMILY - DSTV Channel 154

Wednesdays 1:30pm - Africa Magic FAMILY - DSTV Channel 154

Saturdays 8:30pm - Africa Magic WORLD- DSTV Channel 155

(West African Time)
Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by Chartey(m): 8:32pm On Dec 20, 2015
Denn:
Thanks all for watching...
Byron Ene or Bamidele Adeniyi! It's Ultima, no wonder the quality is so good.
Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by aieromon(m): 8:32pm On Dec 20, 2015
Don't want to see no actors/actresses in any car show.

#teamtopgear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by Denn(m): 8:33pm On Dec 20, 2015
Chartey:

Byron Ene or Bamidele Adeniyi! It's Ultima, no wonder the quality is so good.

Yes. Ultima..thanks for the comment
Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 20, 2015
in my own opinion the program shld be brought to startimes too cos not all of us have dstv in our homes and they shld also do a program about Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing so Nigerians get to know more about the brand and GAZZUZZ should be brought on the show too. one last point oga Denn a video coverage should be done about the appreciation of classic cars in nigeria such as your German mercedes Benz 230E
Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by babseg(m): 8:38pm On Dec 20, 2015
So Nigeria cant think anymore. How long are we going to be copying oyinbo. well this is similar to top gear in uk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_(2002_TV_series)
Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by redcliff: 8:41pm On Dec 20, 2015
Denn:

Yes. Ultima..thanks for the comment

I dont think the show should be about celebs alone. It should celebrate nigerians who have vast knowledge of cars and those who people who have gone extra miles to bring the best out of their personal cars...

3 Likes

Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 20, 2015
redcliff:

I dont think the show should be about celebs alone. It should celebrate nigerians who have vast knowledge of cars and those who people who have gone extra miles to bring the best out of their personal cars...

Well said Red cliff

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 20, 2015
redcliff:

Well said redcliff m in support.
Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by Denn(m): 9:11pm On Dec 20, 2015
redcliff:

You are right.

This is just episode one.

We have so much lined up in coming shows.

We can only get better
Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 20, 2015
Denn:
First episode today features classics in Nigeria.

Kindly tune your TV sets to the above channels and see us launch.

Many thanks
are u the owner of the show?
Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 20, 2015
redcliff:

Drive Time With Vixen already does that of Celebs
Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by Denn(m): 9:22pm On Dec 20, 2015
babseg:
So Nigeria cant think anymore. How long are we going to be copying oyinbo. well this is similar to top gear in uk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_(2002_TV_series)

There are over a hundred car shows in the world some with their local contents and flavours.

Cars and Stars is tailored for the Nigerian audience.

TopGear has TopGear USA which has an American flavour.

Below is a Wikipedia page of automotive television series.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Automotive_television_series

We drive cars in Nigeria and it has become part of our culture.

Thanks for your comments

1 Like

Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by holacorp(m): 9:26pm On Dec 20, 2015
A car show without a proper car performance test is below the standard for me who is an ardent fan of car shows like top gear and fifth gear... however it's a new show and there is room for improvement on the auto journalism that this program airs... I will like to advice that they spread their tentacles in searching for big time sponsors and more air time.... who knows maybe they ll have their race track someday and celebrities/car enthusiasts can race in a reasonably priced car like we have in topgear... they need more ideas and concepts to spice up the program... and again full performance information is key .. horsepower, torque, ground clearance and fuel efficiency ratings will come in handy. you can contact people like me on holawalae@gmail.com for ideas
Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by Neplusultra(f): 10:01pm On Dec 20, 2015
Just watched it undecided
Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 20, 2015
I have no way of viewing, so I can only imagine what it was like.

Keep up the good work. Though less about celebrities, and more about the cars themselves - both stock, lightly and highly modified. From what I gather, Omotola Jalade made the show focus too much about her, and was a distraction at best.

Lots of improvements to be made.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by LordReed(m): 10:28pm On Dec 20, 2015
Nigerian version of Top Gear I presume. My one wish for this show is for a Nigerian version of Clarkson...

2 Likes

Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by Denn(m): 10:30pm On Dec 20, 2015
Siena:
I have no way of viewing, so I can only imagine what it was like.

Keep up the good work. Though less about celebrities, and more about the cars themselves - both stock, lightly and highly modified. From what I gather, Omotola Jalade made the show focus too much about her, and was a distraction at best.

Lots of improvements to be made.

Thanks so much for the comments.

Points noted.
Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by Denn(m): 10:30pm On Dec 20, 2015
LordReed:
Nigerian version of Top Gear I presume. My one wish for this show is for a Nigerian version of Clarkson...
smiley
Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by LordReed(m): 10:30pm On Dec 20, 2015
holacorp:
A car show without a proper car performance test is below the standard for me who is an ardent fan of car shows like top gear and fifth gear... however it's a new show and there is room for improvement on the auto journalism that this program airs... I will like to advice that they spread their tentacles in searching for big time sponsors and more air time.... who knows maybe they ll have their race track someday and celebrities/car enthusiasts can race in a reasonably priced car like we have in topgear... they need more ideas and concepts to spice up the program... and again full performance information is key .. horsepower, torque, ground clearance and fuel efficiency ratings will come in handy. you can contact people like me on holawalae@gmail.com for ideas

Nigerians on the street are not really gonna respond to esoteric figures, tell them how comfortable it is to drive in a Lagos holdup that will get their attention.

3 Likes

Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by peterjero(m): 10:38pm On Dec 20, 2015
Everyone just complain of actors and actresses, when in every show of top gear you see Stars. Try to watch the first episode of top gear it wasn't even close to what we enjoyed today. They will improve, what they need now is more sponsors and they would grow, mind you we don't have race champions like Europe where you Lewis Hamilton, vettel, jensen button on top gear as guest, so let's start with our actors and actresses who are bit in love with their cars. Jeremy Clarkson isn't an engineer but no professor of engineering can do it as good as him. My2cents

1 Like

Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by femivita: 10:50pm On Dec 20, 2015
“There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when circumstance permit. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses, only results.”   - Wolfgang Reibe

[image_0]

Yet another year is coming to an end and we all now look back to see how well we did, some of us did exceedingly well, some average while others badly but what separate us all is 'commitment'.

RiskTakers is one month old and we are giving back to our users, the 20 most creative comments gets the blog t-shirts free.

Be creative and win our t-shirts

Describe your 2015 in one sentence

http://www.risktakerslifechangers..com.ng/2015/12/be-creative-and-describe-your-2015-in.html to participate
Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by princemedico: 10:55pm On Dec 20, 2015
Nice concept. Though I could not watch it, I would advice you don't limit this program to DSTV, try and spread to other pay TV and if possible on free to air stations.
Don't forget the local manufacturers.
Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by sweetgala(m): 1:08am On Dec 21, 2015
I already don't like it, trying it's best to copy top gear ignoring the Nigerian demographic , and it's viewing preference of the Nigerian viewers. It is also somewhat elitist as mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. by Nobody: 1:15am On Dec 21, 2015
peterjero:
Everyone just complain of actors and actresses, when in every show of top gear you see Stars. Try to watch the first episode of top gear it wasn't even close to what we enjoyed today. They will improve, what they need now is more sponsors and they would grow, mind you we don't have race champions like Europe where you Lewis Hamilton, vettel, jensen button on top gear as guest, so let's start with our actors and actresses who are bit in love with their cars. Jeremy Clarkson isn't an engineer but no professor of engineering can do it as good as him. My2cents

Maybe not an engineer in that sense but he's a wrencher.

I respect that.

Jay Leno is an inspiration. He's a tv star and not an engineer but he wrenches so we have something in common. I respect that.

https://m.youtube.com/user/JayLenosGarage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Four Cats And A Snake Found In A Car, Killed (Pictures, Video) / See The 2020 Toyota Corrolla (Photos) / Ali Bin Alua: The First Person To Own A Car In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.