Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,676 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Marketing Objectives And Goals (THE DIFFERENCE) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Marketing Objectives And Goals (THE DIFFERENCE) (371 Views)

What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit / Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship / The Difference Between A Credit Card And A Debit Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Marketing Objectives And Goals (THE DIFFERENCE) by Webbyguy(m): 12:20am On Dec 21, 2015
Over sometimes now I have seen a lot of people that usually mix up the terms marketing objectives and marketing goals. But really, both terms are different. Let me tell you how my thinking pattern changed over time.

Well, it is quite understandable because I was once like that before, at first I thought there is difference between marketing objectives and goals but that was before I really got into marketing.

Later on when I started doing marketing, I thought to myself that both terms were the same thing because I usually see people mix both terms up, I sat down to think about it and I concluded the terms had same meaning.

That is what it seems like to most people because they see the terms being interchanged for one another, so whenever I see people with this idea, I always understand.

Finally the day came when I began to do research both terms to get the meaning, I did my research by asking people, by listening to people using these terms , by reading books and also browsing the internet, that’s was when I knew there was actually difference between both marketing objectives and goals.

I will be showing you the difference between both terms in this write-up.

Marketing goals
Marketing goals are simply the things you intend to achieve with your marketing activities. They let you know when you have achieved what you want.

Generally marketing goals help shape your marketing activities so that it becomes more effective.

Whenever a new year starts and you write down the things you want to achieve such as you want to expand your business, you want to increase your customer base, you want to increase your profit and maybe you want to create a new product, all these are could be your marketing goals.

Marketing objectives
Marketing objectives are series of defined goals set by a business when promoting its products and these goals are to be achieved during a specified period of time. The main essence of marketing objectives is to raise awareness about a brand and its products, it should also be able to increase sale and ensure customer satisfaction. Marketing objectives are like sub –goals, they actually help you achieve your marketing goals.

Let’s say your marketing goal is to increase your customer base for the year, your marketing objectives could be to meet twenty potential customers daily, to employ two experience marketing staff in the first month of the year and to work extra two hours daily.

Another example is if you set goal to increase your profit for next year, your marketing objectives might be to increase your price by 5% and to cut cost of production by 20% in the first month of the year. So you can see how it works, objectives help you achieve your goals by breaking it down, being more specific and making you know what is necessary for you to achieve your goals.

Why am I explaining this? Well, I am explaining this so that you can apply it in your business. Have you seen businessmen that have vision and drive to build a big business and still their business remains stagnant, most times this happens because they lack focus and for them to stay focus, they need to set goals and objectives for their business.

Another thing you should understand is that this also applies to your personal life, you should not only set personal goals for yourself but you should personal objectives for yourself.

source

You can also read How To Carry Out Marketing Research And Develop Right Marketing Strategy and Why marketing strategy and marketing research important for business to succeed

(1) (Reply)

Are You A Supplier / Did Anybody Know The Best Place To Advertise Electronic And Fashion Products? / All i can say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.