Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,945 members, 7,835,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Tecno Phantom 5 Meet The Competition The Desire 820 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom 5 Meet The Competition The Desire 820 (1634 Views)

Priceurb: HTC Desire 820 Dual Sim Price And Specifications / I Just Bought My Tecno Phantom 5 See / The Tecno Phantom 5 & The LED TV + Multitasking / Battery Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Phantom 5 Meet The Competition The Desire 820 by ThreeGEEKS(m): 4:36am On Dec 21, 2015
The Tecno Phantom 5 truly is one of the best premium smartphones that caused a stare this year in the tech world, but what if the Phantom 5 doesn’t float your boat, or you need something just a little bit cheaper but with the right specifications to match. And I think I found just the right smartphone that could make you reconsider or really consider going for the Phantom 5. So, Tecno Phantom 5 meet the competition the HTC Desire 820.

The HTC Desire 820 is what you may call a typical mid-range smartphone, it comes surprisingly thin with a two tone unibody plastic body and pretty light at 155g. One of the best feature of the Desire 820 is the BoomSound speakers which are front facing, spec for spec the Desire 820 and Phantom 5 don’t match up but the Desire 820 still makes a strong case for itself and comes close to the heels of the Phantom 5.

Key features

Screen: 5.5 (1080 x 1920, 401 ppi) vs 5.5 (720 x 1280, 267 ppi)

Screen Protection: Both have Corning Gorilla Glass 3

Network: Both support 4G, LTE

Camera: Both have 13MP rear, 8MP front

CPU: 1.3GHz Octa-core Cortex-A53 Mediatek MT6753 vs 1.7GHz Quad-core Cortex-A53 Snapdragon 615

RAM: 3GB vs 2GB

Internal Storage: 32GB vs 16GB

Launch date: September, 2015 vs November, 2014

Dimensions: 151 x 75.8 x 6.8 (172g) vs 157.7 x 78.7 x 7.7 (155g)

Battery: 3000 mAh Li-Ion vs 2600 mAh Li-Po

Price: 70,000 NGN vs 68,500 NGN

Key difference

NFC: No for Phantom 5 vs Yes for Desire 820

Fingerprint security: Yes for Phantom 5 vs No for Desire 820

Camera flash: Dual rear flash for Phantom 5 vs single for Desire 820

Build material: Full aluminium body for Phantom 5 vs plastic body for Desire 820

See full review here >>> http://www.threeg33ks.com/reviews/tecno-phantom-5-meet-the-competition-desire-820/

Re: Tecno Phantom 5 Meet The Competition The Desire 820 by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 21, 2015
BRUS,sense no dey for this post. So,because of 2k difference,i will miss Fingerprint sensor,1GB RAM etc difference Abi
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 Meet The Competition The Desire 820 by ThreeGEEKS(m): 7:40am On Dec 21, 2015
Emmagenius:
BRUS,sense no dey for this post. So,because of 2k difference,i will miss Fingerprint sensor,1GB RAM etc difference Abi

I'm sorry if you feel that way, but some people are still skeptical about the Tecno brand and will do anything to avoid it once they know their options.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom 5 Meet The Competition The Desire 820 by Xhaka(m): 8:31am On Dec 21, 2015
Emmagenius:
I wonder o, see the crap wey en dey use compare Phantom5 sha
Make en park well undecided
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 Meet The Competition The Desire 820 by ThreeGEEKS(m): 8:57am On Dec 21, 2015
matahipw:
Qrywioq

Seriously not here angry
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 Meet The Competition The Desire 820 by kolexepana: 9:10am On Dec 21, 2015
From what you wrote sef, we know Phantom5 is better
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 Meet The Competition The Desire 820 by ThreeGEEKS(m): 9:49am On Dec 21, 2015
If I had to choose between these two, if it were my hard earned money to spend I’d go for the Phantom 5 easy, but if I had to recommend a phone to someone else maybe a friend, that’s a tough one but I’ll have to go with the Desire 820 because you see the Tecno is a brilliant phone but it just doesn’t have that je ne sais quoi, as in I cannot explain wow factor or enough wow factor that it sometimes feels bland and anonymous, in the pool of mid-range to premium Android smartphones market and that is a very large pool that is growing every second.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 Meet The Competition The Desire 820 by ThreeGEEKS(m): 9:52am On Dec 21, 2015
And also, I happen to know some people who wouldn't touch a Tecno with a long pole, this post is for you.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 Meet The Competition The Desire 820 by daphid25(m): 10:11am On Dec 21, 2015
ThreeGEEKS:
If I had to choose between these two, if it were my hard earned money to spend I’d go for the Phantom 5 easy, but if I had to recommend a phone to someone else maybe a friend, that’s a tough one but I’ll have to go with the Desire 820 because you see the Tecno is a brilliant phone but it just doesn’t have that je ne sais quoi, as in I cannot explain wow factor or enough wow factor that it sometimes feels bland and anonymous, in the pool of mid-range to premium Android smartphones market and that is a very large pool that is growing every second.
So you'll get a standard phone for your self and recommend and substandard one foe your friend
Thats bad IMO
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 Meet The Competition The Desire 820 by ThreeGEEKS(m): 10:17am On Dec 21, 2015
daphid25:

So you'll get a standard phone for your self and recommend and substandard one foe your friend
Thats bad IMO

Ever recommend a product to someone and the person is always complaining about it? The person only remembers to call you when there's a problem with it, happened to me hence my decision.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 Meet The Competition The Desire 820 by daphid25(m): 11:04am On Dec 21, 2015
ThreeGEEKS:

Ever recommend a product to someone and the person is always complaining about it? The person only remembers to call you when there's a problem with it, happened to me hence my decision.
But we all know how good the Phantom5 is
Can't advice someone otherwise undecided
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 Meet The Competition The Desire 820 by ThreeGEEKS(m): 11:11am On Dec 21, 2015
daphid25:

But we all know how good the Phantom5 is
Can't advice someone otherwise undecided
Just because a product is good on paper doesn't mean it's the best option. Example I've seen a Tecno develop screen and battery problem only after 5 days of use. And in the hands of a very careful user for that matter. My point is simply, if I had to recommend a product it'll be something that will give the user and myself peace of mind.
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 Meet The Competition The Desire 820 by daphid25(m): 6:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
ThreeGEEKS:

Just because a product is good on paper doesn't mean it's the best option. Example I've seen a Tecno develop screen and battery problem only after 5 days of use. And in the hands of a very careful user for that matter. My point is simply, if I had to recommend a product it'll be something that will give the user and myself peace of mind.
As for me, i'll only recommend what i use for a friend
Re: Tecno Phantom 5 Meet The Competition The Desire 820 by Xhaka(m): 1:28pm On Dec 23, 2015
ThreeGEEKS:
And also, I happen to know some people who wouldn't touch a Tecno with a long pole, this post is for you.
But if they ask them to come forward for Phantom5
Them go beh go collect am innit?

(1) (Reply)

Innjoo Fire 2 Plus Official Discussions Thread / Transfer Wise Launches On Facebook! / How Can I Unlock This CDMA Table Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.