Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,557 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris (3035 Views)

Independence: How To Restructure Nigeria — Pastor Tunde Bakare / UK Dailymail Used Amara Ajuzie's Photo As One Of Those Missing In Nice Attack / The 7 Untouchable People In Nigeria ~ Pastor Enoch Adeboye. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 21, 2015
I was listening to an old message by pastor Chris and he highlighted some fundamental issues Nigeria needs to sort out. Here are excerpts from the message.

This country is a great great country. The only two things that are missing are:
1. A lack of a national idelolgy
2. Distortred patriotism

We have a distorted patriotism. We all love Nigeria but we don’t know what it is to love Nigeria. We love Nigeria but we destroy Nigeria. And we have no ideology. That’s one of the things I had support and still have support for student unionism on campus because at least, there is where we could have built it but cultism has not given it rest and then the army regime that we had were a complete problem, a mess in our national history. But at this stage, to build and have a clear ideology for our country…..maybe you don’t know what I mean. When I say that we lack a national ideology, I am saying, what does Nigeria stand for? There’s nothing! We can’t say what Nigeria stands for. In the world, what do we stand for? That’s the problem. The united kingdom can tell you what they stand for and because they know what they stand for, all their schools, all their children are brought up with that ideology. The Americans can tell you, the Japanese can tell you, the Chinese can tell you, the Indians can tell you, the Germans can tell you. They know what they stand for. The Russians can tell you what they stand for, the French can tell you what they stand for. They all know what they stand for as a nation. We don’t know. We don’t have. That’s why Nigeria is the most difficult country to rule. So, that’s the reason why the leaders always loose touch with the people and then they have to keep spending the money and wasting the money. Because they’ve lost touch with the people and they have so much money. They don’t know what to do with it. So, what do you expect? It’s impossible not to spend it because there is no plan. That’s a nation without a purpose. The British brought us together, north and south, joined us together, made us one country, put us here and left and we drove them out actually and after driving them away, we didn’t know what to do with ourselves. Maybe we should have waited for more years until we sufficiently imbibed a clear culture. We didn’t learn anything from the British. We didn’t wait long enough. We should have. Because at the end of it, we found out we didn’t move any distance forward. Maybe we should have waited. Afterall , the fight for independence has not been utilized for a better advantage because in our schools, they didn’t learn about independence, they didn’t teach us. That’s where we could have learnt it. When they talk about Nigeria, they go to Eleman and they go to Kanuri empire and Oyo empire and the Benin Kingdom and all that has nothing to do with Nigeria. What does Oba Omonramhen have to do with Nigeria? Nigeria was not there then. You see, the history we need to study is to say how Nigeria came about. If we were to study that in our schools, I tell you, we will have a purpose for our country. But we never studied that. We browsed through it in history and in government. That’s what we should have studied. What did they fight for? Why did they fight? I say these things to you because maybe right now, I may be talking to someone who may become the minister of education or head of state in a few years time or someone who someday will be in a position to effect some changes. I hope you’ll remember this day. A nation must stand for something.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by kodded(m): 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
soon enemies of Nigeria will come here and bash him eventho he is saying the truth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by Deejavuu(f): 1:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
Hmmm. Nice one charis. Very deep words every Nigerian that loves Nigeria should ponder on. I have actually always thought about this and more about Nigeria but.......

May we find light and directions soon
Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 21, 2015
The reasons for that lack of direction and purpose is largely because the occupants, especially the North and South don't share anything in common. No shared values, beliefs, customs and purpose. Not in dressing. Not in language or traditions.

Some are wanting to create an Islamic caliphate. Others want to create Biafra. Others want Niger delta republic; some want Oduduwa republic. All these agitation are the natural human desire to create or seek put their own ideology.

Nigeria isn't a nation, but a business venture. The only opportunity we can have for a great nation is true federalism, but that won't bode well with the people whose ideologies are free money and more free money.

Have you ever heard of Northern Japan, or South West Korea? What of Eastern UK? If a people share nothing in common, they can't have a single ideology.

No African nation colonised by the Whites will do well. If they must do well, they MUST revert to their post - colonial era arrangement.

I don't feel any patriotism towards Nigeria as the values of its set up don't agree with mine.

Nigeria can't have truly national ideologies till its laws are superior to ALL forms of religion within its boundaries.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by Ijaya123: 1:58pm On Dec 21, 2015
I hope the Wailers can hear.
Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 21, 2015
kodded:
soon enemies of Nigeria will come here and bash him eventho he is saying the truth

The truth hurts deeply. The current arrangement has no future for the inhabitants of Nigeria.
Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 21, 2015
kodded:
That's the distorted patriotism.
Deejavuu:
Hmmm. Nice one charis. Very deep words every Nigerian that loves Nigeria should ponder on. I have actually always thought about this and more about Nigeria but.......
May we find light and directions soon
Lol I can relate to the break.

Amen o. I just pray the ones at the top are humble enough to see where they've gone wrong and put the country in the right direction.
dearpreye:
The reasons for that lack of direction and purpose is largely because the occupants, especially the North and South don't share anything in common. No shared values, beliefs, customs and purpose. Not in dressing. Not in language or traditions.
Some are wanting to create an Islamic caliphate. Others want to create Biafra. Others want Niger delta republic; some want Oduduwa republic. All these agitation are the natural human desire to create or seek put their own ideology.

Nigeria isn't a nation, but a business venture. The only opportunity we can have for a great nation is true federalism, but that won't bode with the people whose ideologies are free money and more free money.
Have you ever heard of Northern Japan, or South West Korea? What of Eastern UK? If a people share nothing in common, they can't have a single ideology.
No African nation colonised by the Whites will do well. If they must do well, they MUST revert to their post - colonial era arrangement.
I don't any patriotism towards Nigeria as the values of its set up don't agree with mine.
Nigeria can't have truly national ideologies till its laws are superior to both ALL forms of religion within its boundaries.
The bolded is very true. America may be very large but they share a common belief and stand for the same thing.

Nigeria my country!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 21, 2015
iAmCharis:
That's the distorted patriotism.
Lol I can relate to the break.

Amen o. I just pray the ones at the top are humble enough to see where they've gone wrong and put the country in the right direction.
The bolded is very true. America may be very large but they share a common belief and stand for the same thing.

Nigeria my country!

Can two walk together except they be agreed? All those great nations chronicled in the article made a conscious decision to become nations; no one coerced them into whatever geographical space they now occupy. Nigeria is a British experiment designed to suit the wicked intents of the British Thugs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 21, 2015
dearpreye:

Cam two walk together except they be agreed? All those great nations chronicled in the article made a conscious decision to become nations; no one coerced them into whatever geographical space they now occupy. Nigeria is a British experiment designed to suit the wicked intents of the British Thugs.
Words on marble!

Lalasticlala isn't this frontpage worthy?
Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by georgeike2(m): 5:05pm On Dec 21, 2015
In addition Nigeria educational system should be change to it content. Imagine a Nigeria in engineering etc need to be train on the job before he could perform. The question I ask what where they being taught in their 5 yrs in school. Until our educational content is reviewed things will keep alluding our new generation.
Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:22pm On Dec 21, 2015
Nigeris is what it is today because the movers of our independence did so out of convenience and need to capture more political power. What was their basis for independence? 'Oh the british should just go for us to run the show'. Ðuring that period, ethnic nationalities(especially the minorities) were complaining of marginalisation, supression and agitating for their own autonomy.
Before independence, the Rivers people were agitating for an autonomous state, same with the Cross river people, Midwesterners and the middlebelt. All these concerns were rebuffed by the British and the agitators for our independence. When the North complained that they were not ready yet some of the movers of independencr made some concession to them because they wanted political power

As an Ijawman, I keep asking a question, was the Ijaws consulted before the Indenpendence was declared? Were the Binis, Itsekiris, Urhobos, Tivs etc consulted? In fact, there wasn't any agreement on what the proposed country should be and what it should stand for. The movers for indepenence took steps that are convenient for them.

The result is unpatriotism, tribalism, never ending agitation, distrust etc. As a country, we have to realise that we can't countinue to pretend like all is well when nothing is well. There is need to sit down and redefine our country that all will be proud of.

May God Bless Nigeria

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by divineappo(m): 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2015
iAmCharis:
I was listening to an old message by pastor Chris and he highlighted some fundamental issues Nigeria needs to sort out. Here are excerpts from the message.

a member of christ embassy gave me d mp3 of dat sermon. its true. I have listened it. We really lack a collective ideology, bcoz we are being ruled by a bunch of foolish men who are ignorant of d true meaning of ideology. They are not in politics for governance but to gather wealth
Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by abumeinben(m): 5:59pm On Dec 21, 2015
He forgot to add maritally balanced pastors
Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by johnmartus(m): 6:04pm On Dec 21, 2015
WHAT CAUSED ALL THESE? IS BECAUSE NIGERIA AS A COUNTRY WAS NOT WELL ORGANISE
Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by Sleekyshuga(f): 6:22pm On Dec 21, 2015
Apt truth, pastor..

Nigeria as a country is where it is today because of impatience. Our masters wanted independence in a rush, and at such, we emerged a 'half baked independent country.'

When we learn to say a big NO to tribal wars (this alone can cripple this nation), distorted patriotism, corruption, then half of our problems are solved.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 21, 2015
georgeike2:
In addition Nigeria educational system should be change to it content. Imagine a Nigeria in engineering etc need to be train on the job before he could perform. The question I ask what where they being taught in their 5 yrs in school. Until our educational content is reviewed things will keep alluding our new generation.
Our educational system is also messed up. We are not taught what we need to sort out our problems. Most universities teach you 18th century theories.

We had a shocking experience in final year when one of our lecturers gave us a note then to copy. Some pages were dated 25 years back (as of then). Dude obviously fed us with the junk he was fed many years ago. No improvement, nothing! And they complain of half baked graduates shocked
Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 21, 2015
iAmCharis:
Our educational system is also messed up. We are not taught what we need to sort out our problems. Most universities teach you 18th century theories.

We had a shocking experience in final year when one of our lecturers gave us a note then to copy. Some pages were dated 25 years back (as of then). Dude obviously fed us with the junk he was fed many years ago. No improvement, nothing! And they complain of half baked graduates shocked

If the foundation be destroyed(or ill - designed), what shall the righteous do?
Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 21, 2015
dearpreye:

If the foundation be destroyed(or ill - designed), what shall the righteous do?
Not much bro! Not much!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2015
iAmCharis:
Not much bro! Not much!

It's one thing to gain independence; it's entirely another to build a great and prosperous nation.

Recall the parable of the prodigal son? Independence means responsibility.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 21, 2015
dearpreye:

It's one thing to gain independence; it's entirely another to build a great and prosperous nation.

Recall the parable of the prodigal son? Independence means responsibility.
Wow! The story of the prodigal son aptly describes Nigeria and the principalities steering her boat.

We need a complete restructuring. If we continue this way, we'll only continue struggling. Sigh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by huseaje: 9:54pm On Dec 21, 2015
Ttwyuwhs

Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by LadyExcellency: 10:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
I believe we can build good neighbourliness after we go our different ways by forming independent countries according to our ethnic nationalities.

As an Igbo lady I will be angry for any muslim to regulate my dressing in Kano because I'm a Nigerian under a supreme secular law but when I travel to Quatar I respect all their laws while on business trip with no hassle.

We should aim at good neighbourliness instead of a phantom One Nigeria united by crude oil

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by Nobody: 5:23am On Dec 22, 2015
LadyExcellency:
I believe we can build good neighbourliness after we go our different ways by forming independent countries according to our ethnic nationalities.

As an Igbo lady I will be angry for any muslim to regulate my dressing in Kano because I'm a Nigerian under a supreme secular law but when I travel to Quatar I respect all their laws while on business trip with no hassle.

We should aim at good neighbourliness instead of a phantom One Nigeria united by crude oil

I agree with everything you wrote except your second paragraph. Nigerian laws aren't SUPREME; Nigeria has two ideologies fighting for supremacy: an Islamic ideology and a secular ideology. As long as you remain in the North, that hydra headed islamic ideology will pip up against you.

Thanks for the other two great paragraphs. The division of Nigeria is simply being delayed. .....

1 Like

Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by EternalTruths: 5:41am On Dec 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Nigeris is what it is today because the movers of our independence did so out of convenience and need to capture more political power. What was their basis for independence? 'Oh the british should just go for us to run the show'. Ðuring that period, ethnic nationalities(especially the minorities) were complaining of marginalisation, supression and agitating for their own autonomy.
Before independence, the Rivers people were agitating for an autonomous state, same with the Cross river people, Midwesterners and the middlebelt. All these concerns were rebuffed by the British and the agitators for our independence. When the North complained that they were not ready yet some of the movers of independencr made some concession to them because they wanted political power

As an Ijawman, I keep asking a question, was the Ijaws consulted before the Indenpendence was declared? Were the Binis, Itsekiris, Urhobos, Tivs etc consulted? In fact, there wasn't any agreement on what the proposed country should be and what it should stand for. The movers for indepenence took steps that are convenient for them.

The result is unpatriotism, tribalism, never ending agitation, distrust etc. As a country, we have to realise that we can't countinue to pretend like all is well when nothing is well. There is need to sit down and redefine our country that all will be proud of.

May God Bless Nigeria

Barca

Truly you are a confused soul

Do you know why I said so.?

Its because you believe in a country born out of non consultations of her constituents parts and still oppose those who seek to secede out of the confusion created by the British.

Do yourself this favour. Fight your way out of this British confusion to whatever republic you desire. kiss
Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by kachola: 5:58am On Dec 22, 2015
abumeinben:
He forgot to add maritally balanced pastors
we are talking of valued words u are here talking abt his marital life which is personal. recieve common sense.
Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by Anticabal: 6:03am On Dec 22, 2015
dearpreye:

Nigeria isn't a nation, but a business venture. The only opportunity we can have for a great nation is true federalism, but that won't bode well with the people whose ideologies are free money and more free money.

I don't feel any patriotism towards Nigeria as the values of its set up don't agree with mine.

Nigeria can't have truly national ideologies till its laws are superior to ALL forms of religion within its boundaries.

Preach!
Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by Anticabal: 6:07am On Dec 22, 2015
Sleekyshuga:
Apt truth, pastor..

Nigeria as a country is where it is today because of impatience. Our masters wanted independence in a rush, and at such, we emerged a 'half baked independent country.'

When we learn to say a big NO to tribal wars (this alone can cripple this nation), distorted patriotism, corruption, then half of our problems are solved.

The only solution is for everybody to answer their father's name. Tribalism will never go away, no matter how long we may want to pretend.
Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:25am On Dec 22, 2015
EternalTruths:

Barca

Truly you are a confused soul

Do you know why I said so.?

Its because you believe in a country born out of non consultations of her constituents parts and still oppose those who seek to secede out of the confusion created by the British.

Do yourself this favour. Fight your way out of this British confusion to whatever republic you desire. kiss
Who's opposing those seeking to secede? We are only saying anybody that want secession should not drag another group along.
Re: Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris by abumeinben(m): 7:46am On Dec 22, 2015
kachola:
we are talking of valued words u are here talking abt his marital life which is personal. recieve common sense.

I got the sense bro,

but if u are not personally balanced, how can u function socially?

(1) (Reply)

83-year Old World’s Poorest President Rejects Pension (Photo) / Jerusalem Belongs To Israel And You Can Do Nothing About It – Australian PM Says / CJN Visit Buhari, Violates Code Of Conduct Of The Judiciary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.