Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? (2129 Views)

MTN Rip-off / Best Data Plan For N2500 / NATCOMMS To Protest Mtn’s “rip-off” Of Nigerian Subscribers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by xtayle(m): 4:33pm On Dec 21, 2015
I have a nasty experience after i subscribed to this Glo offer. I used glo to browse whenever I have emergency situation and the data money fizzles out very fast. Thats why I dont go near glo for internet. However, they brought this new package and I was lured and enticed and decided to subscribe, The moment I did, Glo internet service went dead on my phone. I did everything but it never work.

I have called their customer care line 121 like twenty times and they kept tossing me about. At a time, they gave me another number 444 as the data helpline for Glo, I called the line but its never working. I called 121 back they insist i must called 444 as thats where my problem can be solved. when 444 did not worked after 4 days, I called 121 again and they gave me a line that will charge me to complain. 08070140444 is a helpline set up by Globacom for subscribed customers with browsing challenge but they are to pay for using the line. Its the first time am going to hear that customer pay a telecom company, not a FMCG company, to lodge complain. Its so disappointing and after the money spent to make those calls, problem remain unsolved and Globacom does not care.

After I have spent over N500 talking to them and they wont move a muscle and the bundle is not working, I gave up with the conclusion that its a scam and that Glo is a very insensitive, wicked and fraudulent network that uses juicy offers that are lies to attract Nigerians in order to defraud them of their hard earned income.

If you have had a similar experience, kindly state it here.

Peace.
Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 21, 2015
BRUS,it just happened to you doesn't mean they are 'EVIL'. My Glo 3GB for 1k rocks. I love Glo

1 Like

Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by xtayle(m): 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
Emmagenius:
BRUS,it just happened to you doesn't mean they are 'EVIL'. My Glo 3GB for 1k rocks. I love Glo
Your own is working doesnt mean everyone is enjoying glow. beside your own is 3G. I hate glo with a passion.

1 Like

Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by donbenie(m): 6:29pm On Dec 21, 2015
xtayle:
Your own is working doesnt mean everyone is enjoying glow. beside your own is 3G. I hate glo with a passion.
It's your duty to make sure the network you're subscribing to has a decent coverage in your area,don't blame anyone if it's messed up and you still went ahead and subscribe just because it's cheap,am using glo and am enjoying it,nothin evil about them..

4 Likes

Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by femi4: 6:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
Emmagenius:
Is something wrong with you?

Is BIS not different from normal data plan. Infact, if you are using the plan on another platform other than bb, its illegitimate.

2 Likes

Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by xtayle(m): 6:47pm On Dec 21, 2015
femi4:

Is BIS not different from normal data plan. Infact, if you are using the plan on another platform other than bb, its illegitimate.
Something is definitely wrong with people who cant differentiate left from right but believes they know it all.

1 Like

Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 21, 2015
xtayle:
Glo network isn't stable in some state compare to other networks

2 Likes

Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2015
femi4:

It's illegal Yet they still allow it to continue like what airtel did

1 Like

Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by 2kurupt(m): 6:42am On Dec 22, 2015
What exactly is the challenge you're facing in using up your data plan? Is it that you don't have 3g signals in your area or what?

If you had been specific with ur issues, I bet you can get a solution on this thread. Most customer care agents are naive on tech issues, all they know is how to subscribe to one useless service or the other on their network.
Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by xtayle(m): 7:57am On Dec 22, 2015
2kurupt:
What exactly is the challenge you're facing in using up your data plan? Is it that you don't have 3g signals in your area or what?

If you had been specific with ur issues, I bet you can get a solution on this thread. Most customer care agents are naive on tech issues, all they know is how to subscribe to one useless service or the other on their network.
I subscribed and it simply refused to browse. i thought it was d phone playing games, so i put airtel, it works, mtn, it works, etisalat, they all work. i put glo, back, no 3G not even 2G. I called them, they said i should delete all existing APN settings and change it to manual setting. i did. it didnt work. meanwhile, i was paying to call d idiots.

I was really pissed because i needed to make some application for my client that were time based.
Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by xtayle(m): 8:07am On Dec 22, 2015
donbenie:
It's your duty to make sure the network you're subscribing to has a decent coverage in your area,don't blame anyone if it's messed up and you still went ahead and subscribe just because it's cheap,am using glo and am enjoying it,nothin evil about them..
When i was browsing without subscription, d coverage was decent, but now that glo swallow my N2500 once, d coverage have suddenly fallen short? tell me something else
Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by parrotibaba(m): 8:32am On Dec 22, 2015
The plan is not a scam cos that's what I'm using. Yes Glo network can be pure fuckery sometimes but at least they don't double bill like air - thieves tel. Op maybe your problem stems from the fact that the network connectivity is poor in your area.

Try out areas that have decent coverage and see if it works, you can also get in touch with their customer care service on Twitter, your problem will be solved easier there than those tech noobs in the call center.

1 Like

Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by xtayle(m): 11:18am On Dec 22, 2015
parrotibaba:
The plan is not a scam cos that's what I'm using. Yes Glo network can be pure fuckery sometimes but at least they don't double bill like air - thieves tel. Op maybe your problem stems from the fact that the network connectivity is poor in your area.

Try out areas that have decent coverage and see if it works, you can also get in touch with their customer care service on Twitter, your problem will be solved easier there than those tech noobs in the call center.

You make a lot of sense my brother. I am doubly sure that the data signal node of the mast supplying my location, that transmit 2G or 3G must be faulty. It was working when I was using my credit without data plan subscription. Right now, to even browse with credit directly is also impossible. I told them but they dont care. A diplomatic CCR would have agree to call the office closest to send someone to check it out. Instead, they were suggesting manual setting and arguing and wasting my money and time.

whats their twitter handle please? Let me try that again. Am using airtel now in the same area using hotspot to connect my laptop to the phone access But I have only 80MB on it.
Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by parrotibaba(m): 1:57pm On Dec 22, 2015
xtayle:

You make a lot of sense my brother. I am doubly sure that the data signal node of the mast supplying my location, that transmit 2G or 3G must be faulty. It was working when I was using my credit without data plan subscription. Right now, to even browse with credit directly is also impossible. I told them but they dont care. A diplomatic CCR would have agree to call the office closest to send someone to check it out. Instead, they were suggesting manual setting and arguing and wasting my money and time.

whats their twitter handle please? Let me try that again. Am using airtel now in the same area using hotspot to connect my laptop to the phone access But I have only 80MB on it.
just type in glo customer care twitter in your search bar and the first to pop out like "Glo Customer Care (@GloCare)" is the one you use.

1 Like

Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by Elxandre(m): 2:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
When I did my 1.2gb sub last month too, the same thing happened. It lasted about four days. No Edge or 3G
My saving grace was the airtel plan I still had.
Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 2:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
I've stopped using their data plans. The best things u can do is to go to their nearby office.
Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by xtayle(m): 11:06am On Dec 25, 2015
Elxandre:
When I did my 1.2gb sub last month too, the same thing happened. It lasted about four days. No Edge or 3G
My saving grace was the airtel plan I still had.

Airtel is what i am using right now. they are quite dependable. glo is a cheat. very unreliable. till now, i still cannot use it. its already 7 days. 4.5G going down d drain. wicked insensitive network.
Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by xtayle(m): 11:11am On Dec 25, 2015
AFOLSNETWORKS:
I've stopped using their data plans. The best things u can do is to go to their nearby office.

Thanks but i wont go anywhere to help them do their job. i have spent extra N1k to call them on this issue. if i go to them again i will waste fuel. i rather buy plans fro airtel
Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by Lawalmd(m): 12:17pm On Dec 25, 2015
Glo of all network for data connection is a no no for me, the last 4.5gb data I did was a pure waste of money because even with 3g signal on the phone the network can't even achieve 2kb/s so since then I don't do data subscription on glo even if its free seff I won't use it. Etisalat and Airtel rocks
Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by xtayle(m): 1:03am On Jan 26, 2016
Lawalmd:
Glo of all network for data connection is a no no for me, the last 4.5gb data I did was a pure waste of money because even with 3g signal on the phone the network can't even achieve 2kb/s so since then I don't do data subscription on glo even if its free seff I won't use it. Etisalat and Airtel rocks

My brother, after my airtel finished, I decided to try etisalat. I can tell you for free that its the best. Though slightly priced, you get value for your money.

Thanks for the hint.
Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by Abraham221: 4:11am On Jan 26, 2016
Glo edge has not been browsing for a while now, only browse on 3g
Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by xtayle(m): 9:55pm On Jan 26, 2016
Abraham221:
Glo edge has not been browsing for a while now, only browse on 3g

Na glo sabi jare
Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by ican2020: 6:36am On Jan 27, 2016
parrotibaba:

The BD refers.
I ve' been using glo line for more than 6 years now and I enjoy full bars, okay
but whenever I subscribe to their data plan, i get the worst service anyone can ever dream of.
Do you know that Airtel that has just 2 bars in my bed room works 10x better than glo with full bar.
Glo in Dutse, Abuja is a complete scam
Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by giftedben: 7:12am On Jan 27, 2016
The secret to browsing on glo network is easy. Sometimes it has to do with the type of devices we are using. You see most people's device's come with default 4G + 3G, or 3G + 2G as the preferred network type. While some devices come with 4G only , 3G only, 2G only. Now the devices that have problems with browsing on glo are the once with default 4G + 3G, or 3G + 2G. You have to choose the right preferred network type. like if it is 3G you want to use. it is better to choose 3G only. If it is 2G you want to use, choose 2G only. Try these and please report back to tell if it worked for you.

1 Like

Re: Glo 4.5 G For N2500 A Rip Off? by xtayle(m): 11:02am On Jan 27, 2016
ican2020:

The BD refers.
I ve' been using glo line for more than 6 years now and I enjoy full bars, okay
but whenever I subscribe to their data plan, i get the worst service anyone can ever dream of.
Do you know that Airtel that has just 2 bars in my bed room works 10x better than glo with full bar.
Glo in Dutse, Abuja is a complete scam

God bless you. That is just the point am trying to make but everyone seem to be too technically schooled and wont accept simple network inadequacy. Glo is a fraud when it comes to data services and they know it themselves. Thats why they provide a paid customer care line for data services problems. By the time you realize you have spent more than the value of subscription in calling customer care, you will decide to let them be. They like to use the word "ESCALATE" when they know they cant solve your problem.

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Airtel Blackberry Plan (NGN 1000 For 3GB) On Android And PC / Another scammer detected. See him / No Need For Anti Virus On Your Smart Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.