Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) (79965 Views)

My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W / Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 / HOT! New Method To Get Unlimited Calls On Mtn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by shedo4sure: 6:29am On Dec 27, 2015
Does dis phone in any way support OTG?
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by hyper1985: 6:42am On Dec 27, 2015
I got mine at micro station Ikeja for 18,500....... It's a superb device.... Enjoying it...

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by hyper1985: 6:46am On Dec 27, 2015
More pics

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Orator2383: 6:54am On Dec 27, 2015
mogreen22:
exactly!!!!! even their so called flagship is a flop. i cant even deal with the camera of the phantom5. even the lowest of other brands perform way better in low light. i got a camcon because of the advert. they made it seem like it was the best camera ever, i bought the phone and i was so dissapointed. since that day, i bacame a tecno hater
see liars, which phantom 5 are you talking about? The phone u haven't even seen in your dream? Please stop u lies. Tecno Phantom 5 is one of the best premium devices in country right nw. People like you can't buy because it's N18,000 Gionee phone. Let me tell you, ask people using it. The 13mp Camera is the best on any Chinese phones in Nigeria now.

1 Like

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Orator2383: 6:59am On Dec 27, 2015
Dam5reey:
I got this phone 24th bought last one, 5 sold while i was waiting
See Tecno stand very Dry

What a sleek phone it comes with 3 covers

Its very fast and responsive due to the processor same with C8
Good multitasking...far better than C8
Internet speed na fast lane
System manager makes it very interesting
Gaming is superb
Display for videos and pictures average
No arguments here C8's camera and display is better

Sound quality superb with headset and music box thanks to DTS technology.

This phone is a good entry Level..
I'm loving every bit the amigo customization is perfect..
Apart from camera and battery which is not suitable for heavy usage.

Remember its 19k think before you compare...
Go for the phone u wish to have All phone has it specifications
If you want better specs go save 60k and above get the so called flagship don't rubbish this phone abeg.. 19k is a good deal... Better than J1 ace

I bought what i want and i'm enjoying it.....
it's a low end phone stop hyping. I have seen the phone. Test the camera and is no match for camon c5 camera
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by augster(m): 7:32am On Dec 27, 2015
hyper1985:
More pics
bro get cpu z or cpu x and share the specs screen
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by augster(m): 7:34am On Dec 27, 2015
Orator2383:
it's a low end phone stop hyping. I have seen the phone. Test the camera and is no match for camon c5 camera
you be eediot...shey na only camera we wan chop? Tecno shill, even camon c5 na low end with 4g
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Dam5reey(m): 8:33am On Dec 27, 2015
Orator2383:
C5 cost more what do you expect?
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Dam5reey(m): 8:37am On Dec 27, 2015
augster:
bro get cpu z or cpu x and share the specs screen

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by mogreen22: 9:09am On Dec 27, 2015
Orator2383:
see liars, which phantom 5 are you talking about? The phone u haven't even seen in your dream? Please stop u lies. Tecno Phantom 5 is one of the best premium devices in country right nw. People like you can't buy because it's N18,000 Gionee phone. Let me tell you, ask people using it. The 13mp Camera is the best on any Chinese phones in Nigeria now.
dont be crass this early morning. For your information, i use a Ginonee splus amd the galaxy note4. So please shut it. When phone brands are talking, techno should hide in shame. Lol phantom5 is one of the best premium devices out there. SMH. No point arguing with someone who feels this way
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Motayoo: 9:38am On Dec 27, 2015
Xhaka:

Big brother ko, big brother africa ni
It doesn't matter how far, what matters is how well. Gionee has been in existence for 12 years na story
Na Tecno dey rain now
which reign. tecnho na dead jare. phone brand that does not have any international exposure. abegiiii.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by hyper1985: 2:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
Here is it

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 3:09pm On Dec 27, 2015
I'm not trying to defame gionee, but has anyone here noticed that the chipset on the p5w is actually mt6580 - a 32bit chipset as found on then infinix hot2,injoo halo and a host of others. The specs online indicated that the chipset was mt6735.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by mogreen22: 4:03pm On Dec 27, 2015
shedo4sure:
Does dis phone in any way support OTG?
download usb otg checker on playstore
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by mogreen22: 4:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
nekkyvivian:
How good is gionee p5w? In terms of camera and battery life.
i read the review somewhere amd the camera was good. Cant say about the battery life though
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by mogreen22: 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
Dam5reey:
This phone is just perfect out of box
All those phones having updates after weeks of purchase tell you the phone has bugs, i have not see a bug yet..
lol. I wonder where they got theirs from. Cos the people i know that have it dont have issues with it
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by mogreen22: 4:09pm On Dec 27, 2015
hyper1985:
I got mine at micro station Ikeja for 18,500....... It's a superb device.... Enjoying it...
so cheap i hope you got your values worth
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by shedo4sure: 4:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
*hisses* dis fone is a disappointment. Y would gioone claim it's mt6735 nd mali 720gpu, when it's actually Mt6580 and mali 400? Dis fone is no beta dan d outdated infinix hot and even d power bank rated tecno l5 is better dan dis poo of a device.. Where r those gioone fans criticizing tecno l5, beta come and defend dis crap of a fone..@ least l5 users can boast of dere ba3. What can p5w users boast of? Is it dere 2000mah ba3? Or dere 5mp cam? *hisses again as he leaves the thread*
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by mogreen22: 4:13pm On Dec 27, 2015
hyper1985:
Here is it
your font is cool
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by mogreen22: 4:27pm On Dec 27, 2015
hyper1985:
Here is it
bro, quick one. Do you play games on this phone? If yes, do you get lags on it? Also the multitasking works well yh?
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Functionoftime(m): 6:24pm On Dec 27, 2015
Oluwaseunsodiq:
I'm not trying to defame gionee, but has anyone here noticed that the chipset on the p5w is actually mt6580 - a 32bit chipset as found on then infinix hot2,injoo halo and a host of others. The specs online indicated that the chipset was mt6735.
I'm highly disappointed in gionee. But it seems people don't care about the specs. I actually wanted to buy this phone because of the specs i read online. Although i wasn't comfortable with the battery but the specs blew my mind. Now that i know the real specs, i wouldn't even buy if it sells at 15k
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Functionoftime(m): 6:26pm On Dec 27, 2015
shedo4sure:
*hisses* dis fone is a disappointment. Y would gioone claim it's mt6735 nd mali 720gpu, when it's actually Mt6580 and mali 400? Dis fone is no beta dan d outdated infinix hot and even d power bank rated tecno l5 is better dis poo of a device.. Where r those gioone fans criticizing tecno l5, beta come and defend dis crap of a fone..@ least l5 users can boost of dere ba3. What can p5w users boost of? Is it dere 2000mah ba3? Or dere 5mp cam? *hisses again as he leaves the thread*
I'm actually waiting for them to defend this disappointment
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Dacronym(m): 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2015
Functionoftime:

I'm highly disappointed in gionee. But it seems people don't care about the specs. I actually wanted to buy this phone because of the specs i read online. Although i wasn't comfortable with the battery but the specs blew my mind. Now that i know the real specs, i wouldn't even buy if it sells at 15k
Same thing I said earlier too oh, without any bad intent whatsoever and some guy here chose too disrespect himself and not me
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Dam5reey(m): 7:37am On Dec 28, 2015
Dacronym:

Same thing I said earlier too oh, without any bad intent whatsoever and some guy here chose too disrespect himself and not me

Anyway the phone is a good phone. It worth the cost.
The battery is true 2000mAH and the camera is 5mp
Its a choice
Everyone know there's phantom 5, S6 edge, one m9 supreme camera these are great phones if you have the money.. Dont expect 5mp in a 19k phone to near dos phone with lowest 80k and highest 170k
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Dam5reey(m): 7:43am On Dec 28, 2015
Is any user having issues with this device?
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by ikoyila: 10:22am On Dec 28, 2015
CAME ACROSS DIS THREAD ND FELT LIKE TELIN THOSE EXPOSIN THEIR FONE'S PROPERTIES TO D WORLD HERE.

ERRM GUYS/GIRLS UR FONES CAN B CLONED WIT DIZ SCREENSHOTS AM SEEING HERE or by exposin ur fone properties. I GUESS U KNW WAT IT MEANS WEN URS IS CLONED. ok, if u dnt knw, its ur assignment to find out d implications.

I COMMENT MY ODA RESERVES

1 Like

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by ikoyila: 10:30am On Dec 28, 2015
bobo65:

Megapixels has nothing to do with clarity of pictures

It only increases d picture size

HTC m8 Has a 5mp camera
false false. use 3MP fone, den u'l c d rel. btwn Megapixel nd pix clarity
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Dam5reey(m): 11:35am On Dec 28, 2015
ikoyila:
CAME ACROSS DIS THREAD ND FELT LIKE TELIN THOSE EXPOSIN THEIR FONE'S PROPERTIES TO D WORLD HERE.

ERRM GUYS/GIRLS UR FONES CAN B CLONED WIT DIZ SCREENSHOTS AM SEEING HERE or by exposin ur fone properties. I GUESS U KNW WAT IT MEANS WEN URS IS CLONED. ok, if u dnt knw, its ur assignment to find out d implications.

I COMMENT MY ODA RESERVES

Thought your comments is meant to enlighten people not to put scare of the unknown
we are only posting the phone's technical specifications

Abeg go to hell with your information

My phone properties is uploaded i want you to clone it please
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by daphid25(m): 11:35am On Dec 28, 2015
shedo4sure:
*hisses* dis fone is a disappointment. Y would gioone claim it's mt6735 nd mali 720gpu, when it's actually Mt6580 and mali 400? Dis fone is no beta dan d outdated infinix hot and even d power bank rated tecno l5 is better dan dis poo of a device.. Where r those gioone fans criticizing tecno l5, beta come and defend dis crap of a fone..@ least l5 users can boast of dere ba3. What can p5w users boast of? Is it dere 2000mah ba3? Or dere 5mp cam? *hisses again as he leaves the thread*
Lol.. You dey vex o
Me def know say Gionee too dey lie
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Marvell23(m): 2:33pm On Dec 28, 2015
Oluwaseunsodiq:
Gionee are liar now. Those Gionee shills bragging it's the best phone its kind where are thou. It's the same chipset on Tecno L5. It's even wiser to buy tecno L5 instead of this crap. Just look at the funny battery spec
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Xhaka(m): 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2015
Motayoo:
which reign. tecnho na dead jare. phone brand that does not have any international exposure. abegiiii.
They lack international exposure doesn't mean they're not a good brand
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Xhaka(m): 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2015
kessintona:
*yawns* mehn your replies wants to put me back to sleep.you never state facts just general unrelated talk. Give me one reason just one why the Tecno is better than gionee
Tecno phones are more durable and affordable than Gionee

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (30) (Reply)

LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More / When You Use French Flag As Facebook Profile Pic (photo) / Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.