Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More (80042 Views)

Iphone 15 Officially Launched In Nigeria / Xiaomi Mi Max 3 Officially Launched With 5500mah Battery - Full Specifications / Youtube Go App Officially Launched In Nigeria To Help You Save Data. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by iamadilanwar: 8:34am On May 03, 2018
After a lot of rumors and leaks finally LG had launched its next flagship smartphone LG G7 ThinQ in a launch event held in New York. The new LG G7 ThinQ is the successor to the last years LG G6.

The main highlight of the smartphone includes Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, wireless charging support, MIL-STD 810G compliance with IP68 certification and also the face recognition.

It also has a dedicated button for Google Assistant as like what we have seen in Samsung smartphone(BixBy Button). The another highlight was in terms of audio, the new LG G7 ThinQ series comes with a Boombox speaker and Hi-Fi Quad DAC.

LG G7 ThinQ Specification and Feature Highlights

LG G7 ThinQ comes with 6.1-inches QHD+ full view super bright display in 19:5:9 aspect ratio having a resolution of 1440×3120 pixels. the handset is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, there is another variant with the same processor and coupled with 6GB of RAM and 128Gb of internal storage, both the variant have expandable storage support via microSD card upto 2TB.

Coming towards the photography department, the LG G7 ThinQ features a Dual Rear Camera setup with a 16MP primary super wide angel sensor having f/1.9 aperture and 107-degree wide angle lens and another 16MP secondary sensor having f/1.6 aperture and a 71-degree lens. With the rear camera there is a dual LED flash. In the front, this handset has a 8MP camera having f/1.9 aperture and 80-degree lens.

As far as network and connectivity is concerned the LG G7 ThinQ is equipped with all the necessary network connectivity option and feature which includes Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0 BLE, USB Type-C 2.0(3.1 compatible),FM Radio, GPS, NFC and it also has 3.5mm headphone jack. Taking about the sensors of the handset it comes with all the sensors, it has face recognition and fingerprint sensor.

Lg G7 ThinQ is a Dual SIM smartphone and runs on Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the Box. It is powered by a non-removable 3000mAh battery. It also support Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.

LG G7 ThinQ Price and Availability

The new LG G7 ThinQ price is not announced yet, like most of the LG smartphone launches, the price of LG G7 ThinQ will be announced locally closer to its availability.

LG G7 ThinQ will first arrive in South Korea and then it will be available in major markets in Asia, North America, Europe in coming days or weeks. This new LG G7 ThinQ will be available in four different colour options Platinum Grey, New Aurora Black, New Moroccan Blue, and Raspberry Rose colour.

Special Feature of LG G7 ThinQ

As it was rumored that the new flagship device from LG will have a physical button like what we have seen in Samsung flagship devices (Samsung Bixby button) and in OnePlus Device (Oneplus alert slider). The LG G7 thinQ sports an extra physical button below the volume buttons to activate Google Assistant with just one tap and Google Lens in just two tap, and holding down the button is able to launch the assistant conversation with the Google Assistant.

The company also claimed that the new flagship LG L7 ThinQ is the first smartphone to offer DTS:X which implement virtual 3D sound for all content.

http://techontrend.com/lg-g7-thinq-launch-price-specs-news/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by willexyaho(m): 6:13pm On May 03, 2018
ok
Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by abatically(m): 6:27pm On May 03, 2018
To me this is just an LG V30 with upgraded processor. I was expecting more since it took them this long to release it but I'm a little disappointed. Yes its an upgade to G6 which had snapdragon 821, this one has snapdragon 845, LG v30 has snapdragon 835.

Key improvements:
1. Better display, 1440x3120 from 1440x2880 of the V30. But V 30 is Oled while this G7 is IPS. But the G7 is the brightest phone ever with super brightness mode of 1,000 nits .

2. Camera: Same with V30, only difference is the added AI which I think is a gimmick (at least for now)

3. Build: Same as V30, they added the notch though.

Every other thing is the same. Maybe its an upgrade to G6 but whoever has a V30 don't even need to buy this. They even had to reduce the battery from 3,300mah to 3,000mah. It is left to be seen if the processor and AI can make it have better battery life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvFbmImsCc4

It just makes me to wonder.. what's the whole ThinkQ all about. Lets wait until retail unites become available.

1 Like

Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by lordraiden(m): 7:05pm On May 03, 2018
Sweet device, I love lg products
Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by henry007(m): 7:09pm On May 03, 2018
Great specs. Small battery
Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by julius976(m): 9:35pm On May 03, 2018
Will it notify me wen jesus is coming.

2 Likes

Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by Greenhuulk: 10:42pm On May 03, 2018
I'm disappointed in LG for this. I mean they waited a long time just to release this LG v30 refresh? So what's all the whole thinkQ about? Just give me why someone would leave Samsung Galaxy s9 plus and buy this g7 anyway maybe they would if the guy thinkQ is sold for way below the s9 plus. Maybe around $500-600
Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by princemillla(m): 4:31am On May 04, 2018
lordraiden:
Sweet device, I love lg products

Are you LG phone user?
Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by Cutehector(m): 5:01am On May 04, 2018
A phone with a poor battery life, is that one a phone? Mchew

1 Like

Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by HoodBillionaire: 7:44am On May 04, 2018
samsung only
lg is too heavy

1 Like

Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by valgbo(m): 7:47am On May 04, 2018
Ok
Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by Greenhuulk: 7:47am On May 04, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
samsung only
lg is too heavy

Explain too heavy. Of Course Samsung has more values but LG not too far off
Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by Greenhuulk: 7:51am On May 04, 2018
Cutehector:
A phone with a poor battery life, is that one a phone? Mchew

Actually in the world of flagship phones, nobody really care about battery. Though I agree this 3,000mah is too small for a 6 inch Qhd device, I wonder what LG was thinking about. Even the G6 had 3,200mah and V20 has 3,300mah. Though this G7 has the latest snapdragon 845 but screw that, Galaxy S9 has 3,500mah battery with same snapdragon 845.

For a company that are trying to sell phones and get to the top of the food chain, they should be doing better than this to attract buyers. Even Huawei put a massive 4,000mah battery in their P20 pro. Huawei Mate 10 pro is the flagship phone with best battery life for 2017 and it has 4,000mah battery. That is a company that mean business.

3 Likes

Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by Touchey: 7:56am On May 04, 2018
henry007:
Great specs. Small battery
The battery is more than enough
Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by hyuga(m): 7:58am On May 04, 2018
Really pissed with LG. why would you take too long just to implement an AI into camera.As a big LG fan there is no flagship uppercut to rival company from LG. The G7 won't be beating any flagship this year.
Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by ollah2: 7:59am On May 04, 2018
abatically:
To me this is just an LG V30 with upgraded processor. I was expecting more since it took them this long to release it but I'm a little disappointed. Yes its an upgade to G6 which had snapdragon 821, this one has snapdragon 845, LG v30 has snapdragon 835.

Key improvements:
1. Better display, 1440x3120 from 1440x2880 of the V30. But V 30 is Oled while this G7 is IPS. But the G7 is the brightest phone ever with super brightness mode of 1,000 nits .

2. Camera: Same with V30, only difference is the added AI which I think is a gimmick (at least for now)

3. Build: Same as V30, they added the notch though.

Every other thing is the same. Maybe its an upgrade to G6 but whoever has a V30 don't even need to buy this. They even had to reduce the battery from 3,300mah to 3,000mah. It is left to be seen if the processor and AI can make it have better battery life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvFbmImsCc4

It just makes me to wonder.. what's the whole ThinkQ all about. Lets wait until retail unites become available.

The whole ThinQ means "thinking of you". Brother, don't wonder anymore.
Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by ollah2: 8:03am On May 04, 2018
Greenhuulk:

Actually in the world of flagship phones, nobody really care about battery. Though I agree this 3,000mah is too small for a 6 inch Qhd device, I wonder what LG was thinking about. Even the G6 had 3,200mah and V20 has 3,300mah. Though this G7 has the latest snapdragon 845 but screw that, Galaxy S9 has 3,500mah battery with same snapdragon 845.

For a company that are trying to sell phones and get to the top of the food chain, they should be doing better than this to attract buyers. Even Huawei put a massive 4,000mah battery in their P20 pro. Huawei Mate 10 pro is the flagship phone with best battery life for 2017 and it has 4,000mah battery. That is a company that mean business.

You wouldn't say LG isn't serious tho cos S9 also has 3000mah tho it's 5.8 Which is just 0.2 less then G7 size. The screen technology used here is yet to be seen how effective it will be but from the articles about it. I think it's a pretty good one. Let's wait tho
Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by Greenhuulk: 8:03am On May 04, 2018
ollah2:

The whole ThinQ means "thinking of you". Brother, don't wonder anymore.

Lol, is that why they have to put a 3,000mah battery in a flagship phone with QHD super bright display in 2018? I think LG are confused. The Samsung they are trying to catch up with have 3,500mah in the S9 plus, Huawei has 4,000mah in the P20 pro.
Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by ollah2: 8:07am On May 04, 2018
Greenhuulk:

Lol, is that why they have to put a 3,000mah battery in a flagship phone with QHD super bright display in 2018? I think LG are confused. The Samsung they are trying to catch up with have 3,500mah in the S9 plus, Huawei has 4,000mah in the P20 pro.

Well to be honest, S9 also has 3000 mah with QHD display.
Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by Greenhuulk: 8:08am On May 04, 2018
ollah2:

You wouldn't say LG isn't serious tho cos S9 also has 3000mah tho it's 5.8 Which is just 0.2 less then G7 size. The screen technology used here is yet to be seen how effective it will be but from the articles about it. I think it's a pretty good one. Let's wait tho

But at 6.1 inch it is closer to the S9 plus than the S9. Screw the technology used bro, nothing wrong in putting a bigger battery because we know how this will end.. poor battery at the long run. Its an IPS display with 1,000 nits of brightness plus its even pushing more pixels than the s9 plus (1440x3120 vs 1440x2960). This is how they took a risk on the G5 and failed. believe me I was actually anticipating for this phone, but now I'm feeling disappointed.
Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by SalamRushdie: 8:12am On May 04, 2018
I still find it strange how LG can build great TVs but can't bring their self to build great phones

1 Like

Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by ollah2: 8:17am On May 04, 2018
Greenhuulk:

But at 6.1 inch it is closer to the S9 plus than the S9. Screw the technology used bro, nothing wrong in putting a bigger battery because we know how this will end.. poor battery at the long run. Its an IPS display with 1,000 nits of brightness plus its even pushing more pixels than the s9 plus (1440x3120 vs 1440x2960). This is how they took a risk on the G5 and failed. believe me I was actually anticipating for this phone, but now I'm feeling disappointed.

I agree with you. Sometimes i feel LG just wanna ruin their mobile business themselves. I'm still "wondering" who coined the name ThinQ and how did the CEO accept it?
Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by Greenhuulk: 8:41am On May 04, 2018
ollah2:

I agree with you. Sometimes i feel LG just wanna ruin their mobile business themselves. I'm still "wondering" who coined the name ThinQ and how did the CEO accept it?

Or... maybe LG are pushing to make the V series the new G series and bring something revolutionary in the next V series or whatever they call it. Because if u look closely this phone is just like the V30. In fact display is 0.1 inch larger than the V30 (for a G phone). They have brought all the features that make the V series stand out into this phone like floating screen and hifi quad dac. I think they are cooking something for the next V series.
Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by ollah2: 9:02am On May 04, 2018
Greenhuulk:

Or... maybe LG are pushing to make the V series the new G series and bring something revolutionary in the next V series or whatever they call it. Because if u look closely this phone is just like the V30. In fact display is 0.1 inch larger than the V30 (for a G phone). They have brought all the features that make the V series stand out into this phone like floating screen and hifi quad dac. I think they are cooking something for the next V series.

They had better cook some real deal else they will keep losing market share. I think they wanna release a Note-esque phone, perhaps it will be the new V series. I saw an article sometime ago about stylus or something. Apple is looking into this too
Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by iksman2002(m): 9:17am On May 04, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
samsung only
lg is too heavy
u wrong..
i have used LG phones before buying my camon..
and i didn't find any fault in it
besides dey are not heavy or maybe its de outdated ones u gat.. undecided
Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by FKMagazine(m): 9:18am On May 04, 2018
GET CHEAP PUBLICITY VIDEOS FOR ALL YOUR CHURCH PROGRAMS & BUSINESSES.

Turn your handbills into attractive Animated Videos, we can also help to spread the video accros all social media platforms (Facebook,LinkedIn,Twitter,WhatsApp,blogs) reaching millions of people in the process boosting your church and business.
save yourself the stress of wasting a lot of money on printing, sharing fliers & pasting banners. FOR JUST 7k(video with background music) 12k(Video with voice over) we also send bulk SMS and build websites.

For more info call or whatsapp @ BISYOM Media on: 09073982244
www.bisyommedia.com
@bisyommedia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQkCPYMG_z0
Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by Oduwils222(m): 9:27am On May 04, 2018
The only ugly feature is the ba3 capacity. Wtf with 3000mah when we r talking abt 5k and 6k
Re: LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More by Hong91: 10:13am On May 04, 2018
The postings on your site are always excellent. Thanks for the great share and keep up this great work!
http://hotmailsign.com/
http://gmailloginz.com/
http://hotmailloginz.com/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Codes For Listening To Phone Calls / Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator / When You Use French Flag As Facebook Profile Pic (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.