Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,777 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Essay Competition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Essay Competition (803 Views)

Akwa Ibom 30th Anniversary Essay Writing Competition Is Open.... Submit / Biafra May 30: ”O Igbo Arise!” – Read The Essay Fani Kayode Wrote About Biafra / Get Experts To Handle Your Final Year Project, Thesis Or Essay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Essay Competition by romme2u: 3:43am On Dec 22, 2015
Why are APC yet to understand how PDP managed to take care of some of Nigeria's problems and yet was able to" loot" excessively (without grounding the economy).

Discuss grin grin grin

firefire beremx modath omenka madridguy LordAdam and all e-warriors on both sides.

Rules of engagement will be spelt out based on response
Re: Essay Competition by modath(f): 6:03am On Dec 22, 2015
romme2u:
Why are APC yet to understand how PDP managed to take care of some of Nigeria's problems and yet was able to" loot" excessively (without grounding the economy).
Discuss grin grin grin
firefire beremx mo omenka madridguy LordAdam and all e-warriors on both sides.
Rules of engagement will be spelt out based on response

OP, I am not an E warrior, I'm just extra passionate about the country..

I'd have Waka pass your mention but the question is just too good,to apt to be left alone & I also have never been known to not take up a cerebral challenge... I only avoid the inane ones.. wink

I'm not penning any essay, spent a good no of years sweating through some "easy" ones, been there done that, but I'm going to give two analogies & you can make your inference ;

A. You have a very leaky gallon but you are using a tanker hose to pump water into it, it is leaking like no man's business but the volume of water coming in is far above what is leaving.... it is clear to see the waste but the false sense of comfort is " something still dey inside nah", I dey kampe!!

Suddenly the tanker from whence the water is gushing from is almost all dried up, to trickles, you then realise the error of not fixing the leaks in the gallon, You are now trying to patch the holes, & at the same damn time doing a balancing act to ensure the little that trickles in don't gush out through the innumerable holes still remaining, so you, your kins & your youngins don't die of thirst!!

I can also give more than 2 more but this will serve for now..

Just going to add, this is what happens when visionless leaders oversee the period of plenty, they make the job of a resourceful & patriotic leader an uphill task!. cool

*mic drop*
Re: Essay Competition by anonimi: 6:34am On Dec 22, 2015
modath:

I'd have Waka pass your mention but the question is just too good,to apt to be left alone & I also have never been known to not take up a cerebral challenge... I only avoid the inane ones.. wink

I'm not penning any essay, spent a good no of years sweating through some "easy" ones, been there done that, but I'm going to give two analogies & you can make your inference ;

A. You have a very leaky gallon but you are using a tanker hose to pump water into it, it is leaking like no man's business but the volume of water coming in is far above what is leaving.... it is clear to see the waste but the false sense of comfort is " something still dey inside nah", I dey kampe!!

Suddenly the tanker from whence the water is gushing from is almost all dried up, to trickles, you then realise the error of not fixing the leaks in the gallon, You are now trying to patch the holes, & at the same damn time doing a balancing act to ensure the little that trickles in don't gush out through the innumerable holes still remaining, so you, your kins & your youngins don't die of thirst!!

Just going to add, this is what happens when visionless leaders oversee the period of plenty, they make the job of a resourceful & patriotic leader an uphill task!. cool

*mic drop*

Are you referring to the APShit "navigator" & Advisor Plenipotentiary to Sai Booboo with the bold portion

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829397_screenshot201412071133571_jpeg8e776d1183226bc80c2560544562a452

FG, States, LGs Share N568.4 Billion for Oct

[img]http://cdn1.vanguardngr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/412x247xOkonjo-Iweala-e1442838220305.jpg.pagespeed.ic.nz-K0adxSv.webp[/img]

Also, $1billion was proposed for distribution to complement shortfall in expected revenue." The $1billion is a compromise by the FG over its words in September not to augment shortfalls anymore.

Responding to the presentation, the chairman of the States Commissioners of Finance and Ebonyi State Commissioner of Finance, Mr Timothy Odaah, lamented that the statutory allocation was getting smaller and smaller. "It appears this is the worst in terms of returns. This is the least in allocations as far as this year is concerned. We are mourning the dearth of funds and this is a wakeup call for states and local governments to buoy up their internally generated revenue."

While appreciating the "magnanimity" of President Goodluck Jonathan to approve the $1billion from the excess crude account and to be shared among the federal, state and local governments, Odaah expressed disappointment with the returns made by the NNPC.

He said that [size=14pt]the states had requested for $2bn[/size] to complement for the shortfall in revenue but got only $1billion. In September, Odaah and fellow commissioners had walked out of the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) when the federal government said that the framework of the 2013 budget was no longer realistic and it won't augment shortfall in revenue. Odaah raised issues with the statutory allocations of previous months.

More from: http://allafrica.com/stories/201311150323.html
Re: Essay Competition by omenka(m): 7:30am On Dec 22, 2015
modath:

*mic drop*
Exactly the point I was making last night that had one mentally handicapped wailer charge at me like an angry American bison.

I really feel sorry for Buhari. Imagine he had secured this mandate since 2011!!! angry

Come what may, I'm still very confident in his ability see us through this unrelenting storm.

It is well with Nigeria.

#Splendid analogy up there. It perfectly explains everything.

I have nothing more to add op.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Essay Competition by Firefire(m): 7:33am On Dec 22, 2015
Absconding... cheesy
Re: Essay Competition by romme2u: 11:16am On Dec 25, 2015
Firefire:
Absconding... cheesy

Where are going, come back here #Arrested with handcuff, sits him down with pen and paper#.
Re: Essay Competition by romme2u: 11:45am On Dec 25, 2015
Based on apt response from my patriotic compatriots, the following should serve as our guidelines.

1. Every party that request the populace mandate to governed should be knowledgeable enough about the current and possible future status of the national income and expenditure (atleast have idea of what is ground and ways of improving same) before bringing in experts to resolve complexities.

2. They should be creative enough to generate revenue (including blocking leakages), expand current revenue base and source for fund to expand the economy without jeopardizing the future of the country with strangulating decisions.

3. they should understand the inner workings of the national economy and the multiplier effects their proposed policies will have on the economy.

4.They should understand that they are in power to correct the ills of the society without passing the buck around. A leader should be responsible enough to accept the challenges of the society and proffer solutions without telling the populace how the went through it, after all every leadership position has some level of secrecy or what is popularly termed CLASSIFIED information.

5. They should understand the problem of the country and develop strategies that would improve the current situation for the betterment of the populace that gave them their mandate.

1 Like

Re: Essay Competition by romme2u: 12:23pm On Dec 25, 2015
modath:

*mic drop*

please stay close to ur mic cool

the illustration u painted above looks like a person who brag about how he can do a task with adept skills yet when he was given the job, he discovered that what he saw was not what was on ground. he start faltering and blames everybody and everything around without thinking how he would get out of his mess.

Every country passes through periods of bloom and gloom, so any aspiring leader or party should consider what is on ground before taking a position. would they be able to handle the misnomers of previous administrations and develop ways of moving forward base on their leadership skills? Because i cannot remember the previous administration blaming its predecessors for their inability to provide Energy and Power, Infrastructure and social services.

The obama administration on inception did not blame (well at least i'm not aware) the recession in US on Bush jnr and the republicans (plus the greedy investors who crash the global economy at wall street) that spent trillions of dollars in various military operations across the globe and overthrowing of foreign governments. Instead he sat his butt down and bail US out of its mess including the private sector financing until their economy rejuvenated, unemployment reduced and the feds increase interest rate for the first time since 2007/2008.

Even when our mega banks fail under yardua/jonathan regime, nobody pass the buck to soludo and obj but the banks were bailed from their predicament to prevent economic meltdown.

No matter how u look at it, every government has its merits and demerits. why don't this administration build on the merits of the previous ones and eliminate the demerits for a stronger and prosperous country instead of passing the buck around? Or was their mandate to expose the failures of the previous administration and then ground the economy as a punishment for not giving them power in 2011?
Re: Essay Competition by romme2u: 12:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
PDP agents come and tell us how una OGA's at the top were able to pull-off this stunt because from what i see in the budget presentation, next year may be brutal and suicidal.

Imagine 300 billion for special intervention (going inside peoples pocket) in one year.

truckpusher mogidi LordAdam abeg hala ur people make them come help us in macedonia

(1) (Reply)

''BREAKING RESPONSE'' Fayose Never Benefited From Aledged Armsgate Loot. / The Real War Is Oil / Metuh Supporters Are Like The Shameless Parents Of School Truants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.