Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,058 members, 7,838,690 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays (2637 Views)

Yuletide: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays / FG Declares Dec 25, 26, Jan 1 As Public Holidays / FG Declares August 24-25 Diaspora Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by abbeymighty(m): 3:18pm On Dec 22, 2015
The Federal Government has declared Dec. 24, Dec.25 and Dec. 28 public holidays to mark Maulud Nabiy, Christmas Day and Boxing Day, respectively.

The Minister of the Interior, Retired Lt.-Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau, made the declaration on Thursday in Abuja in a statement signed by the Permanent Secretary in the ministry, Mr Bassey Akpanyung.

“The Federal Government has declared Thursday, 24th December, 2015 as public holiday to mark Eid-El-Maulud celebration.

“Friday, 25th and Monday 28th December, 2015 have also been declared as public holidays to mark Christmas and Boxing Day celebration,” the statement said.

The minister enjoined Muslim and Christian faithful to use the unique occasion to‎ pray for the peace and unity of Nigeria.

He also advised Nigerians to cooperate and join hands with President Muhammadu Buhari in his efforts to build a peaceful, united and virile nation.

Dambazau wished Nigerians, home and abroad, happy celebrations.

Eid-Maulud is the celebration of the birth of Prophet Muhammed in Islam, while Christmas is celebrated by Christians to mark the birth of Jesus Christ

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/12/fg-declares-dec-24-25-28-public-holidays/
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by DONSMITH123(m): 3:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
Chai, time to rest.
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by APCLyingBastard: 3:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
Which one be Maulud Nabiy, ?

Very soon they will declare Friday a work free day and Sunday the beginning of the week.

Islamists on the loose
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by geesilver(m): 3:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
Its good to knw dat.........more time to spend @ home.
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by lovesamzy: 3:22pm On Dec 22, 2015
good to hear
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by EgusiSoup: 3:22pm On Dec 22, 2015
.Public holiday to loot funds under the supervision of a drunk burantashi burukutu goro chewing dullard lipsrsealed undecided
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by APCLyingBastard: 3:24pm On Dec 22, 2015
So Mohammed's birthday is now a public holiday?

This brings to 3 muslim holidays.

When have we ever celebrated mohammed's birthday?

Instead of slaughtering chicken nah Kafur head dem go slaughter.

Islamists in charge will change the Gregorian calender and take us to 1426.

Islamists in power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by APCLyingBastard: 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2015
When has mohammed's birthday ever become a public holiday in Nigeria?

I only know of Eid festivals.

Pls somebody should tell me when mohammed's birthday became a public holiday?
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by blazetitov: 3:26pm On Dec 22, 2015
Good to know. cool cool cool cool Whether Ed Malud or xmas, all join.
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by seunmsg(m): 3:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

Tune it down and stop exposing your ignorance. Even kids knows that the date of birth of the holy prophet as always been marked with a declaration of public holiday in Nigeria.

If you have no problem with xmas day being declared a public holiday, you should have no problem with Maulud Nabiy as well.

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by APCLyingBastard: 3:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
I know of only two muslim holidays since I was born; Eid el Kabir and Eid el Malaud.

Why is the Islamist declaring another public holiday for muslims?
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by AngryNigerian(m): 3:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
Please can we stop this hate comments? Thank u!!!

Hiei, bank go full die tommorrow oo!

...& I need do my BVN seef
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by APCLyingBastard: 3:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
Why not add the Islamic new year date as a public holiday and do away with the Gregorian calender.

Islamists at helm
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by Khd95(m): 3:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
APCLyingBastard:
Which one be Maulud Nabiy, ?

Very soon they will declare Friday a work free day and Sunday the beginning of the week.

Islamists on the loose
recieve sense befor jesus birthdaywink
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by Khd95(m): 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
APCLyingBastard:
I know of only two muslim holidays since I was born; Eid el Kabir and Eid el Malaud.

but why are u so pained,christians ve more than 2 holidays(xmass,new year,valentine,easter) nd muslims dont complain)

Friday is a working day,while sunday is a holiday,muslims dnt complainsad

christmass holidays last longer than both eid holidays,muslims dont complainsad

i juz dont know why u decided to display stupidity dis noon,by spamming d thread wit nonsense comments.... as if ure Godlier than than every body

mtchew
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by myselfonly: 3:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
All those claiming not to know that about the public holiday declared by FG on the occasion of Maulud, are you for real? Have you been living in Nigeria or is it just the harmful hatred that has deeply eaten into your hearts that you fail to know that Nigeria has been celebrating this day by declaring a public holiday year in year out? It's a pity....
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by APCLyingBastard: 3:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
Khd95:
recieve sense befor jesus birthdaywink

When in the history of Nigeria have we ever had mohammed's birthday as a public holiday?

Receive decapitation before mohammed's birthday
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by APCLyingBastard: 3:39pm On Dec 22, 2015
myselfonly:
All those claiming not to know that about the public holiday declared by FG on the occasion of Maulud, are you for real? Have you been living in Nigeria or is it just the harmful hatred that has deeply eaten into your hearts that you fail to know that Nigeria has been celebrating this day by declaring a public holiday year in year out? It's a pity....

There are only two muslim holidays that get public holidays. Mohammed's birthday is never one of them.

So stop your pathetic lying
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by freezy(m): 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

That is the Prophet's birthday. cheesy cheesy

You seem to have forgotten Id el Fitri... undecided
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by Khd95(m): 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

When in the history of Nigeria have we ever had mohammed's birthday as a public holiday?

Receive decapitation before mohammed's birthday
ur mumu-lity is unrivaled,kwantinue my,wallow in stupiditygrin
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by APCLyingBastard: 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
freezy:

That is the Prophet's birthday. cheesy cheesy

You seem to have forgotten Id el Fitri... undecided

Eid el fitri is festival of breaking the fast and has nothing to do with mohammed's birthday

Try another taqiyya
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by MaziOmenuko: 3:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
Best news of the year!
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by freezy(m): 3:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
That makes it 3 festivals you know.

See? You learnt something new

Your thinking capacity could be broader than you think...

Thank me later.

Cheers.
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by VirginFinder: 4:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

You are a dullard!
Mohammed's birthday has always been declared a public holiday since time immemorial.
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by myselfonly: 4:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
APCLyingBastard:

There are only two muslim holidays that get public holidays. Mohammed's birthday is never one of them.

So stop your pathetic lying

What would you say about this;
https://www.naij.com/56218.html

http://www.informationng.com/2014/01/eid-el-maulud-fg-declares-tuesday-public-holiday.html

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/eid-el-maulud-fg-declares-jan-24-as-public-holiday/

I can understand if you say you don't know that Maulud is celebrated as Prophet Muhammad's birthday but to claim that FG has never declared such a holiday is mischievious.

This is as far back as 2007:
http://allafrica.com/stories/200703300583.html

Just save yourself the mischief and do a simple google search.
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by huptin(m): 5:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
seunmsg:

Tune it down and stop exposing your ignorance. Even kids knows that the date of birth of the holy prophet as always been marked with a declaration of public holiday in Nigeria.

If you have no problem with xmas day being declared a public holiday, you should have no problem with Maulud Nabiy as well.

Let him go to work on that day, if he does not like it, nobody is forcing him.
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by freezy(m): 5:17pm On Dec 22, 2015
huptin:

Let him go to work on that day, if he does not like it, nobody is forcing him.

grin grin
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by babdap: 5:25pm On Dec 22, 2015
The ignorance of some people is legendary.
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by oslae(f): 5:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
They should declare a state of emergency instead. This country is gradually crumbling in buhari's regime sad
Re: FG Declares Dec. 24, 25, 28 Public Holidays by Akerry(m): 10:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
MaziOmenuko:
Best news of the year!
yes Boss!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Want Supreme Court To Be Scrapped / Why Nigeria Can't Fight Igbos Again. / Osun School Uniform Crisis: Religious Battle Enters Physical, Spiritual Realm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.