Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

My Chronicle Of Hostel Life - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Chronicle Of Hostel Life (1219 Views)

8 Things Hostel Life Will Teach You! / Soldiers Flog Abuja University Students Out Of Hostel / What Are Your Experiences Of Hostel Accommodation/life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Chronicle Of Hostel Life by efiwe(m): 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2009
;DMy chronicle of Hostel Life

Please allow me a of bit indulgence. Actually I feel like laughing, would you permit me please, ok, thanks. I know you’ll understand. Here I go…laugh…laugh… laughs……I hope I don’t get choke on this as I normally do.
Sorry about that. Please accept my apology while I dab at the tears running down my face. Chuckle…laughs… And I hope you too wouldn’t have to apologize to the people around you by time you’re getting to finish reading this piece.

Laugh…laughs. This is the silly stunt I do sometime on my own without any funny thing physically around or said. And as expected from the loving people around me especially my mom at home will rush at me with a troubled face only to change to a scowl after she discovered that I’ve plunged once again into the garbage I returned with me after finish schooling.

Sometimes it get so serious where I will be writhing with laughter on the floor, kicking up steps, saliva stringing slowly down from my mouth like an slowpoke and before I knew what’s going on, a congregation of  probing eyes would have assemble in front of me to see if I had jumped over the fence of sanity. If you’re fresh graduate like I am, maybe you’ll understand the reasons behind these drifting episodes of mine. Because I’m sure you will also have yours to fool around with.

Now that I’ve gain a gloss of composure, let me let you in on what is so funny because I know you will be wondering?  But first let me ask you this- do you remember a popular comedy sitcom on NTA 2 channel 5 during the early 90’s about the college lives of some students called “A different world” yeah, do you remember that one, oh, you do? Very good. It’s not the show that I’m particular about; it is the title that puts this write-up you’re reading into a proper context.

One good thing about been a graduate is that you have your self the gift of (TBT) Travelling-Back-in-Time look at your past fours years or more with laughter extraordinary.  If you have a retentive memory or the power of vivid recalls, or better still, sudden happenings that somehow relive your past life in school, it is possible you might have yourself moments where you’ll explode with uncontrollable laughing feasts that will leave tears running down your cheeks, leaves you doubling up and if not careful, find yourself sprawling on the floor eating dust as your ribs quakes along.

The phrase “A different world” in this chronicle of mine means ‘a melting pot of converging madness’ and I can’t think of a better title or phrase to explaining the life in the school campus. Is very much close to what one of my lecturer said “the four walls of tertiary institutions is a rehab centre for the restless youths, that is why whenever there is strike action that force the students back home, parents will be the first set of protesters to get their sick kids back to where they belong”.
Apologies to the Late African music Legend himself, Fela Anikulapo Kuti “students dey come from east, students dey come from west, students dey come from north, students dey come from south and University dey for centre, na confusion be that ooo”.

That the higher institutions is a rehabilitating centers as my lecturer will like to point out, then incoming students will of course be coming with luggage of bad influences than good--like a tornado of an inevitable backlashes of cultures then you know the school has in it’s hands one heck of a job rehabilitating a whole range of scrubs, losers, aliens, nitwits and scalawags to be of good educated citizens at the end of it all.

The school atmosphere has a different kind of sky arch above it. Even the weather man cannot predict its distinct climate conditions because is an atmosphere charged with ‘anything goes’ For new comers or jambitoes making a debut to starting the life in the school campus let them be rest assured that no matter how small or insignificant or far off an influence it might be, once it sneaks into their province, whether go or bad, as the popular Gospel jingoes go “come, come, your life will never be the same again”.

If you wish to read more of this articles and more click on--www.nigerianidiots..com

Check out these other interesting articles:
What has G.P got to do with?
Welcome to the classroom
Where exactly is Unilag FM?
My chronicle of Hostel Life
Nigeria according to Tom Cruise
Re: My Chronicle Of Hostel Life by StudioCFR(m): 6:06pm On Jun 09, 2009
what is this all about? sad
Re: My Chronicle Of Hostel Life by dani1luv: 6:14pm On Jun 09, 2009
:d
Re: My Chronicle Of Hostel Life by akande115: 9:16pm On May 30, 2019
Hostel life

(1) (Reply)

2 Show, Same Way! Futminna And Unibuja Admission List. / Ui Admission 2010/2011 / Free Bsc, Masters Or Phd Scholarships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.