Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,227 members, 7,860,446 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:08 AM

Nigeria’s Budget A Joke – Pat Utomi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Budget A Joke – Pat Utomi (461 Views)

Ayiri Emami Hosts Pat Utomi At His Mansion (Photos) / Obasanjo, IBB, Danjuma, Others Running Nigeria With Buhari - Pat Utomi / What Nnamdi Kanu Told Us In Prison — Pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Budget A Joke – Pat Utomi by catchfun: 1:31pm On Dec 23, 2015
Prof. Pat Utomi has described budget process in Nigeria as “a joke”, disclosing that he prefers investing his “valuable time” into more profitable things than analyzing the Nigeria’s budget.
According to him,“Twenty years ago, I was one of those who began in January by analysing the budget and then you come to December, and you see the problem of implementation. And after a couple of years, I said this is rubbish. I am not going to talk about budget anymore, because we somehow do not have the discipline of the budget process.
“There isn’t elite discipline or in fact intent to do what is proper. So, I am not sure why I should spend valuable time I could spend doing other things discussing such a document. As a citizen I am interested in things working, but when I know things are not working, you don’t expect me to get into the justification of it.”
Prof. Pat Utomi noted that Nigeria is currently experiencing a ” huge national crisis”, averred that the potentials of the country are being “lost because it is not being led”
His words,“We are in the middle of a national crisis, huge national crisis, and people are carrying on as if it is just a few queues”.
“What our country is dealing with is huge financing gap, we use to earn so much, we are now earning this much, if we pretend nothing has changed, then we will go into an economic spiral downturn that will just keep going”.
“Nigeria is a country dying to be led and because it is not being led the potential is being lost.”
http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/nigerias-budget-a-joke-pat-utomi/
Re: Nigeria’s Budget A Joke – Pat Utomi by talktonase(m): 1:43pm On Dec 23, 2015
Call me when implementation fails...
Re: Nigeria’s Budget A Joke – Pat Utomi by nnachukz(m): 1:46pm On Dec 23, 2015
I heard it is also a fraud.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Budget A Joke – Pat Utomi by osaslord500(m): 2:00pm On Dec 23, 2015
Na now una realize say apc na scam?

(1) (Reply)

With All We've Experienced,What Do U Suggest Shld Be The Penalty For Corruption? / Group Seeks Investigation Of Judge Who Grants Privolous Perpetual Injunctions / Upon The White Horse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.