Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,936 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... (8245 Views)

"Arrest Nnamdi Kanu Now": Arewa Youths Protest In Abuja (Photos) / Happening Now!!?. South African Immigration Arresting All Nigerians / Disarm Fulani Herdsmen Now, South-east Monarchs Tells FG.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by saintikechi(m): 9:30pm On Dec 23, 2015
[Masterweb Reports: Obinna Akukwe reports] - The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in the South East has lambasted the Federal Government over the continued detention of Director of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, asking that he be set free immediately. Speaking with the Rev Obinna Akukwe, Director General of Igbo Mandate Congreess, IMC in Awka on Saturday, the Chairman of CAN South East. Archbishop Professor David Eberechkwu described the continued detention of Nnamdi Kanu against the orders of both the Magistrate and the High Court as unbelievable and inexplicable. According to Archbishop Ebelechukwu “ Nnamdi Kanu should not be held against the orders of the court. The government should release him to avoid further protests and death”
Explaining the efforts of clerics so far to cool down tempers among the populace, Archbishop Ebelechkwu siad that “I have earlier called all these leaders of IPOB, MASSOB , about five groups in all and the leaders of CAN in the South East discussed with them and advised them to pursue the path of peace and dialogue. It is saddening to hear that after all our interventions, the Nigerian Government has not respected either our mediation and that of other leaders which has helped to bring peace by playing with the release of Kanu”
The hate speeches associated with Radio Biafra also got the attention of the cleric who described them as vulgar. According to Archbishop Ebelechukwu“ the words Nnamdi Kanu uses is too vulgar, in my own view, but he is yet to commit any act of violence against anybody anywhere in Nigeria, as such there is no reason for keeping him behind bars especially after the courts have said otherwise”
Archbishop Ebelechkwu asked the DSS and other relevant agencies not too exacerbate the security situation in the South East with the politics of bail and release. He also advised the members of IPOB and MASSOB not to allow miscreants and agents of violence to hijack their peace postures.
Igbo Mandate Congress had led a delegation to consult with the leader of the Christian community in the South East on ways of ensuring that the zone is not turned into a theater of war. Rev Akukwe in his response asked the Archbishop to continue with his peace efforts which had brought about temporary lull in the zone. Akukwe also described the continued detention of Nnamdi Kanu as a time bomb and promised that IMC will continue pressure for Nnamdi Kanu’s unconditional release through its contacts.
In another development the Director General, Rev Obinna Akukwe has condemned the bail conditions which Nnamdi Kanu refused to accede to as precondition for his release. Addressing a group of clerics drawn from all denominations who embarked on a seven-day prayers for peace and progress in the South East after the shooting of nine protesters at Onitsha on December 2nd, Rev Akukwe described the bail conditions as leprosy infested. He said that “Igbo leaders intervention should be heeded and Nnamdi Kanu released. The bail conditions should not be negotiated behind bars. When Kanu comes out, Igbo leaders and clerics will talk with him, but to ask him to sign such is not acceptable.”
The clerics had invited theleaders of IMC to close their seven day prayers and fasting at Enugu on Saturday. They also gave him a copy of a classified document on how Biafra can be achieved. This document titled ‘ God’s Time Table for the Actualization of Biafran State’ a catalog of steps towards achieving a sovereign state of Biafra as revealed to them during the prayer session. Rev Akukwe promised to go through the documents and respond within he next thirty days.
The group of clerics who wished to be out of the spotlight for the meantime, closed the fasting by offering prayer for the deliverance of Ndigbo from infrastructural deficit and bad leadership. They prayed for the peace of Nigeria and success of the FG anti corruption policies, including return and of looted funds. They prayed for the repose of souls of the over fifteen IPOB members murdered by soldiers at Onitsha on three different occasions. They also prayed for consolation for families of Shiite Muslims murdered in Zaria by Nigerian soldiers.
Obinna Akukwe( Email: profetobinna@yahoo.com) reports.
*Photo Caption- Mr. Nnamdi Kanu
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by saintikechi(m): 9:32pm On Dec 23, 2015
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by size40: 9:33pm On Dec 23, 2015
Nnamdi Kanu will spend his Xmas in jail

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by coolitempa(f): 9:34pm On Dec 23, 2015
Rubbish...release a criminal

7 Likes

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 23, 2015
And If the FG did not? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by size40: 9:46pm On Dec 23, 2015
Nnamdi kanu must remain in jail till new year

5 Likes

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by nduchucks: 9:50pm On Dec 23, 2015
Kanu is responsible for his own continued detention. He could have entered a plea and allowed the judge to possibly release him, but he instead left the judge with no option other than to recuse himself. Kanu will now have to wait until a new judge is installed for his case.

6 Likes

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by tunjion: 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2015
size40:
Nnamdi Kanu will spend his Xmas in jail

Is that all. Xmas in jail then u release him? grin

1 Like

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by tunjion: 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2015
I worry about this APC people and the way they think. smh!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 23, 2015
For declaring war on Yorubas and Hausa/fulanis, May he rot in jail and never see the sun light anymore. Amen

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2015
nduchucks:
Kanu is responsible for his own continued detention. He could have entered a plea and allowed the judge to possibly release him, but he instead left the judge with no option other than to recuse himself. Kanu will now have to wait until a new judge is installed for his case.

How does any of this over cleverness and short sightedness help nation building?

Why can't the federal government release Nnamdi Kanu, implement confab report and move Nigeria towards devolution? And then thereafter offer a referendum to South East of which I know majority of Igbos will vote to stay inNigeria if there is a genuine plan for devolution!

You are celebrating the maltreatment of Nnamdi Kanu but you forget that in the midst of this lawlessness members of IPOB may feel they are not protected by the laws of the land and choose to seek other routes.

IPOB may not engage in sucide bombing as its not in their character but I can see IRA styled secret bombings on the horizon if Buhari carries on like this!

4 Likes

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by Stolen: 10:19pm On Dec 23, 2015
searchiing4love:
For declaring war on Yorubas and Hausa/fulanis, May he rot in jail and never see the sun light anymore. Amen

That is why Yoruba and Hausa should form Nigeria and Igbos(SS/SE) go and have Biafra.

No need for all this High Blood Pressure that u are displaying on this thread, Yoruba and Hausa one love, one nation.

Biafra go and have your own country. simple!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by Codedb2: 10:20pm On Dec 23, 2015
2015 election Buhari 5%
2019 eleftion buhari 0.5%
From the south east

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by nduchucks: 10:24pm On Dec 23, 2015
krendo:

How does any of this over cleverness and short sightedness help nation building?

Why can't the federal government release Nnamdi Kanu, implement confab report and move Nigeria towards devolution? And then thereafter offer a referendum to South East of which I know majority of Igbos will vote to stay inNigeria if there is a genuine plan for devolution!

You are celebrating the maltreatment of Nnamdi Kanu but you forget that in the midst of this lawlessness members of IPOB may feel they are not protected by the laws of the land and choose to seek other routes.

IPOB may not engage in sucide bombing as its not in their character but I can see IRA styled secret bombings on the horizon if Buhari carries on like this!

I am not celebrating anything.

Please note additionally that the executive branch is not responsible for setting Kanu's bail or ordering his release, that duty belonges to the courts. Kanu needs to replace his lawyers who seem to be ill-advised and making too many tactical errors.

As to your empty IPOB threat, I leave you with these words of wisdom from our people: Ijiji na-enweghi onye ndumodu na-eso ozu ala n'inyi, na him be say, a fly that has no counselor follows the corpse to the grave.

6 Likes

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by Stolen: 10:25pm On Dec 23, 2015
nduchucks:

There is no way to spin this one. Even the Judge have indicted the DSS and Federal Gov. Where u and Buhari will have Abacha like problem with the west, is wen something happen to Nnamdi Kanu, that u have knowingly or unknowingly made into a global superstar.

5 Likes

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by nduchucks: 10:28pm On Dec 23, 2015
Stolen:

There is no way to spin this one. Even the Judge have indicted the DSS and Federal Gov. Where u and Buhari will have Abacha like problem with the west, is wen something happen to Nnamdi Kanu, that u have knowingly or unknowingly made into a global superstar.

Wasn't Kanu produced in court? Ask yourself why he didn't go home straight from that court? Please educate yourself and read up on every ruling by the courts in this case.

1 Like

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by Stolen: 10:31pm On Dec 23, 2015
nduchucks:

Wasn't Kanu produced in court? Ask yourself why he didn't go home straight from that court? Please educate yourself and read up on every ruling by the courts in this case.

U got jokes and if clowns like yourself are the one advising Buhari, then it wont be long before the Grandfather makes a grand appearance before the ICC in the Hague.

4 Likes

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by nduchucks: 10:34pm On Dec 23, 2015
Stolen:

U got jokes and if clowns like yourself are the one advising Buhari, then it wont be long before the Grandfather makes a grand appearance before the ICC in the Hague.

I expect you to possess a bit of intellectual capabilities, at least enough to engage reasonably without resorting to abusive words. Please rephrase your thoughts respectfully if you are capable.

3 Likes

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 23, 2015
Una no sabi whr he dey ni. Go and break him out na. Fools.
Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by Stolen: 10:38pm On Dec 23, 2015
Buhari need to look very closely at these African heads of state and study each of their cases, in preparation for his appearance at the Hague.

Nigeria is not like Sudan, it is very diverse and as such their will be no place for Buhari to hide. We will hand him over to the ICC dead or alive.

The world have gone beyond the 1960s, 70s and 80s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePJSywwVWZM&ab_channel=AdamChukwu

3 Likes

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by ERockson: 10:44pm On Dec 23, 2015
when I heard Nnamdi Kanu ordering his supporters to kill pastor Kumuyi whenever he steps on igbo land I knew kanu own don finish.
Where were SE CAN that time. kanu needs to be humble more with more detention for a proper brain reset

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by bodeloja: 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2015
ERockson:
when I heard Nnamdi Kanu ordering his supporters to kill pastor Kumuyi whenever he steps on igbo land I knew kanu own don finish.
Where were SE CAN that time. kanu needs to be humble more with more detention for a proper brain reset

As a yoruba man, i see everything wrong with the other tribe, igbos but am blind to even worst things done by the Custodian of yoruba culture. Nnamdi is a nobody but we cannot say the same for Oba of Lagos, threatening to murder all igbos and dump them in Lagoon for not voting APC in a democracy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsGqaRXuFt8&ab_channel=Saharatv

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 23, 2015
Uh
nduchucks:

I am not celebrating anything.

Please note additionally that the executive branch is not responsible for setting Kanu's bail or ordering his release, that duty belonges to the courts. Kanu needs to replace his lawyers who seem to be ill-advised and making too many tactical errors.

As to your empty IPOB threat, I leave you with these words of wisdom from our people: Ijiji na-enweghi onye ndumodu na-eso ozu ala n'inyi, na him be say, a fly that has no counselor follows the corpse to the grave.

Judiciary has played its part and granted Kanu Bail twice. DSS a Federal Government institution has refused to release Kanu!

So I am at loss with the point of your argument! Please who does the DSS report to if not the Government led by Buhari?

5 Likes

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 23, 2015
FolarinLondon:

And the 5 states in the South East with Igbo inhabitants would be subjected to the same pains, agony and famine that Irish people went through as a result of IRA actions.

South East ll be the battleground in eventuality of war. Ibos should be smart for once...

Igbos are freaking dumb. Can't they see that Northerners are setting them up for invasion like North East where Boko Haram and NA have turned to a battleground.

Ode!!!!

What 5 states, are Igbos engaging in any war? IPOB is not South East!

It will be guerella warfare and the responsibility will be that of Federal Government to go looking for IPOB.

Just as Nigeria did not bomb all of SS because of MEND nor all of North East because of Boko Haram. It can not attack the South East because of IPOB.

This is not 1967!

Let Buhari play smart before he creates another unnecessary guerella war that he can not control!

4 Likes

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by kutchs: 11:33pm On Dec 23, 2015
nduchucks:

I expect you to possess a bit of intellectual capabilities, at least enough to engage reasonably without resorting to abusive words. Please rephrase your thoughts respectfully if you are capable.
Jokes and insults aside, what does Buhari's flagrant disobedience of court orders portend for Nigeria?
The judiciary they say is the last hope of the common man and an executive disobedience to its order is an attack on the safety and welfare of the common and every one must rise to condemn it irrespective of what Nnamdi has done.
It's Nnamdi today, tomorrow it may be Afolabi or Hassan.

5 Likes

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by kettykings: 11:38pm On Dec 23, 2015
ERockson:

When you heard the oba of lagos vowing to drown igbos in the lagoon was his own finished? The court has already acquitted him, further detention will lead to something unpalatable for everyone .
If you think by continously detaining him that it will make majority of igbos to abandon biafra or allow Kumuyi to continue to visit aba then only time will tell

5 Likes

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by nduchucks: 11:39pm On Dec 23, 2015
kutchs:

Jokes and insults aside, what does Buhari's flagrant disobedience of court orders portend for Nigeria?
The judiciary they say is the last hope of the common man and an executive disobedience to its order is an attack on the safety and welfare of the common and every one must rise to condemn it irrespective of what Nnamdi has done.
It's Nnamdi today, tomorrow it may be Afolabi or Hassan.

Kanu has incompetent lawyers who are giving him some very bad advise, pure and simple.

Please tell us what court order Buhari disobeyed in this case. I'm all ears and hope you read the court rulings/orders before you respond to avoid appearing ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by unamadso: 11:43pm On Dec 23, 2015
nduchucks:

Kanu has incompetent lawyers who are giving him some very bad advise, pure and simple.

Please tell us what court order Buhari disobeyed in this case. I'm all ears and hope you read the court rulings/orders before you respond to avoid appearing ignorant.

Forget this your evening School grammar, it can only take you so far before a competent court of international jurisdiction, not the regular kangaroo court presided by your kinsmen whose jurisdiction are flouted by your kinsmen that deem themself above the law.

Wat we have today does not qualify as a court under the secular constitution of Nigeria but rather an almajiri legal system, presided by village elders.

4 Likes

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by LoveDecay(m): 11:44pm On Dec 23, 2015
searchiing4love:

Amen and Amen. grin

He said he does not believe the court will treat him fairly. Can somebody pls ask him - Why should the country he planned to bomb treat him fairly, what incentive beside political correctness. The ZOO is sending him to prison in Borno State, with hard labour and recitation of the National pledge every morning and evening.

As such he does not have a religion - he said and i quote , "biafra is my religion"

2 Likes

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by bakila: 11:52pm On Dec 23, 2015
Codedb2:
2015 election Buhari 5%
2019 eleftion buhari 0.5%
From the south east
Goodluck will still be defeated.

2 Likes

Re: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now - South East CAN, Igbo Mandate... by kutchs: 11:52pm On Dec 23, 2015
nduchucks:

When I saw this I thought there's something else I didn't know about the ruling of Justice Adeniyi.
Now wise one tell us what it's about the ruling that has empowered the DSS to still keep him in detention.
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/12/17/biafra-court-orders-unconditional-release-of-nnamdi-kanu/

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Dickson Holds 2017 End Of Year Thanksgiving At Toru-Orua, Bayelsa / Senate Gives IGP 14 Days To Arrest Benue Killers / EFCC Arraigns 5 Sokoto Officials For ₦554 Million Pension Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.