Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Inspiring Photo Of Nigerian Music Legend, Majek Fashek After Rehab (pohoto) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Inspiring Photo Of Nigerian Music Legend, Majek Fashek After Rehab (pohoto) (926 Views)

Wife Of Nigerian Man In UK Dies At 6 Months Pregnancy, Baby Survives / Different Types Of Nigerian Fathers And Their Characteristics - Meme Collection / Hilarious Story Of Nigerian Man Divorcing Wife In US Because She's A Witch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inspiring Photo Of Nigerian Music Legend, Majek Fashek After Rehab (pohoto) by exposureworld: 10:01am On Dec 24, 2015
I saw these pictures yesterday and felt very inspired......

"....The 1st picture was Majek Fashek before rehab, and the 2nd picture was a new and recovered Majek Fashek performing this year at Fela’s memorial musical ‘Felabration 2015’ at Lagos. I can only say “Wow! The bone shall rise again”

At a point Majek Fashek, a popular Nigerian Reggae musician whose fame was once compared to that of musical legend Bob Marley, was hopeless until an investment banker and blogger, Joseph Edgar ran into the Nigerian music legend begging for money at Lagos. Mr Edgar took his picture, and shared it on social media to draw attention to his condition. Majek's ex wife, friends and fans managed to raise money to send him to rehab in Nigeria. I remember reading commentaries by some who saw him in that condition but preferred to either cash in on his misfortune to drive traffic to their blogs, or passed quick judgement on him...some even wrote he was being "punished" for his 'sins'. Let this inspire us. Many people preach too much, judge too quick, and criticize too often yet do nothing to change the situation because talk is cheap. If we judge someone for derailing, we too shall also be judged for watching and doing nothing. This story underscores that there are many Nigerians who are very good, kind-hearted people, despite what people write, say, and believe out there about Nigerians.

I pray God will continue to heal, sustain and lift Majek Fashek higher, including all other people who are lonely, struggling in need of comfort, and helping hands. May your situation be turned around in 2016. May God bless and reward Mr. Joseph Edgar, and all those who helped Majek recover. I feel very inspired by this...."

(Curled from a post written by Mr. Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu, and used here with his permission.)

Re: Inspiring Photo Of Nigerian Music Legend, Majek Fashek After Rehab (pohoto) by mrstheo(f): 11:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
Thank God for his life

(1) (Reply)

Signs And Symptoms Of Depression And Anxiety / Check Out This Photo Of A Mother And Her Twin Girls. / Kayla Oniwos New Pics With Bossoms Hanging Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.