Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog (3374 Views)

Man Accused Of Chasing Away His Pregnant Wife Because Of His ''Mistress''.Photos / Man Who Dumped Wife Because She Bore Him Only Girls Got Twin Girls From 2nd Wife / "I Prefer My Man Beating Me To Cheating On Me" - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 24, 2015
www.nairaland.com/2819628/husband-beats-pregnant-wife-flogging

The above thread by omotayor123 by shares a story of a man that beat his wife cos she beat his dog. Posters on the thread were quick to judge the man wrong, which he is, but failed to look at the issue in a broader perspective. I'll try as much as possible to do that

The man was wrong to have beaten his wife likewise the wife wrong to have beaten a dog that just delivered. The man might have reacted seeing the danger ahead which many posters in the above thread can't see. The dog might be his source of livelihood.

If you visit the pet section of nairaland, there are many adverts on puppy sales in which a single 8weeks old puppy can go for 300K and nothing less than 60K depending on the breed. Dog marketers and breeders like bobbysaxy, knyte, prodeegee, jado and chucky234 can attest to that. Imagine your dog giving birth to 8 puppies with each selling for 250k. That will amount to 2million naira in your account. According to the news, the man has about 3 dogs which must mean he is a breeder or an extreme dog lover.

The man in question must have felt he was about losing his investment cos beating a just delivered dog can weaken the dog to the point of death thereby endangering the life of the puppies cos they'll have no mother to suckle. His reaction should have been limited to just scolding his wife and making her see the wrong in what she did cos two wrongs don't make a right.

This thread is to also point out the wrong the woman did. It is wrong to beat a dog that just delivered especially when your excuse is cos the dog barks too much. That is wickedness and animal cruelty which can be a jailable offence in saner climates. She as a pregnant woman ought to know not to beat a female specie that just delivered.

A righteous man has
regard for the life of his
animal,
But even the
compassion of the wicked
is cruel. Proverbs 12:10

Who knows, she must have done that to get back at the husband for a wrong he did to her. Perhaps, she feels he gives the dogs too much attention than he gives her. Such dogs really need attention cos they consume a lot and need a budget for health care. The gain is when they give birth. The proceeds will be spent on the family, that's why it is good to have regards for your animal but not to the extent of beating your wife. Wives too shouldn't dare their husbands. That family needs to look inwards and realise there is actually something missing that's making them lash out at each other while using the dog as excuse.

A concerned dog lover.

6 Likes

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 24, 2015
This thread speaks for all parties involved, including the dog who is a living thing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Chidoks(f): 11:07am On Dec 24, 2015
It's absolutely worng for you to equate a dog to a human being.
Most of your submissions are based on unconfirmed assumptions.it's only the eyewitness that can tell us if the guy breeds dogs as a means of livelihood
Let's look at that story again.The dog gave birth about 2weeks ago but still barks incessantly to the extent of disturbing the neighborhood.The question here is: Is it normal for a dog to bark like that to the extent of disturbing others? If it's normal then dogs shouldn't be bred in residential areas . But if it's not normal then the man failed in doing what he ought to do.now who's fault is that?
A pregnant woman is like a scream looking for a mouth.Most times they are moody and irritable.on a good day,most people cannot stand the incessant barking of a dog talkless of a pregnant woman.do you know how uncomfortable the barkings must have made the woman. When he hit her once,he didn't calm down.he hit her over and over again to the point of attracting neighbors,to the point of drawing the blood of a pregnant woman?
You typed all these at the expense of two lives and a union ordained by God(their marriage) What if the woman miscarries? What if she bleeds internally to the point of death? What if the shock of the beating leads to the detachment of the placenta?where and where did he hit her to make her bleed? Do you know the seriousness of drawing blood even if it's a drop?
What if the woman quits the marriage? What if she retaliates by smashing his head with a pestle?
Please stop it already,hitting that dog doesn't warrant battering her like that.No matter how much you love animals,an animal is an animal, less than a foetus,less than a human.an animal will always be an animal,nothing more!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Chidoks(f): 11:44am On Dec 24, 2015
bloodyBLOGGER:
This thread speaks for all parties involved, including the dog who is a living thing.
No! This thread is extremely lopsided!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Droyal(f): 11:55am On Dec 24, 2015
SMH

Even if the dog was worth 10millionnaira is that enough to beat a pregnant woman to the point of bleeding.

What you are implying now is that if a wife takes a wrong business decision and it costs her husband millions of naira he is justified to beat her which is bad enough not to talk of being pregnant.

What happened to reprimanding her calmly, Like you said something is really wrong with that family. Even If it was his child that was beaten he shouldn't react that way.

Please don't even try to give reasons why he did what he did.

The man has issues, serious one at that and YES he was wrong.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by PresVA: 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2015
bloodyBLOGGER:
. The man might have reacted seeing the danger ahead which many posters in the above thread can't see. The dog might be his source of livelihood.
I stopped reading at this point! Absolute bull sh!t !

How did beating his wife help the situation? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Omotayor123(f): 12:22pm On Dec 24, 2015
I was actually expecting the view of a dog lover, that's why I invited Seun on my thread.

Op, I don't get you at all. Are you saying money is worth more than the lives of human or an Animal (dog) is more important than your wife and unborn child. ...

The man is very much at fault regardless, Human especially your family should come first if there's nothing else to it. personally will not take such act lying low... embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Onegai(f): 12:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
The foolishness of the OP has no part 2. A friend had a dog who was quite spoilt, in her quest for attention she would destroy anything in her way (remote controls, shoes, anything, constantly demanding to sleep on the bed). When his wife got pregnant, he gave her away because it was not worth the value of his wife and child to live with an animal who would push down a crib or bite a baby taking up more attention than her. And that dog was a special breed, he paid $1000 to fly her in from the U.S.

This scenario i said above, is how sane, reasonable human beings think. This OP isn't that.

Even in the Western world, you'd be locked up for endangering 2 human beings over an animal. Remember that story of that lady who insisted on keeping her dog who was acting funny, then when she went to the supermarket and left her baby, the dog and the maid in the car, the dog proceeded to maul and kill the baby? I'm sure this OP thinks it's the baby's fault.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by bigl: 2:49pm On Dec 24, 2015
bloodyBLOGGER:

The above thread by omotayor123 by shares a story of a man that beat his wife cos she beat his dog. Posters on the thread were quick to judge the man wrong, which he is, but failed to look at the issue in a broader perspective. I'll try as much as possible to do that

The man was wrong to have beaten his wife likewise the wife wrong to have beaten a dog that just delivered. The man might have reacted seeing the danger ahead which many posters in the above thread can't see. The dog might be his source of livelihood.

If you visit the pet section of nairaland, there are many adverts on puppy sales in which a single 8weeks old puppy can go for 300K and nothing less than 60K depending on the breed. Dog marketers and breeders like bobbysaxy, knyte, prodeegee, jado and chucky234 can attest to that. Imagine your dog giving birth to 8 puppies with each selling for 250k. That will amount to 2million naira in your account. According to the news, the man has about 3 dogs which must mean he is a breeder or an extreme dog lover.

The man in question must have felt he was about losing his investment cos beating a just delivered dog can weaken the dog to the point of death thereby endangering the life of the puppies cos they'll have no mother to suckle. His reaction should have been limited to just scolding his wife and making her see the wrong in what she did cos two wrongs don't make a right.

This thread is to also point out the wrong the woman did. It is wrong to beat a dog that just delivered especially when your excuse is cos the dog barks too much. That is wickedness and animal cruelty which can be a jailable offence in saner climates. She as a pregnant woman ought to know not to beat a female specie that just delivered.

A righteous man has
animal,
But even the
compassion of the wicked

Who knows, she must have done that to get back at the husband for a wrong he did to her. Perhaps, she feels he gives the dogs too much attention than he gives her. Such dogs really need attention cos they consume a lot and need a budget for health care. The gain is when they give birth. The proceeds will be spent on the family, that's why it is good to have regards for your animal but not to the extent of beating your wife. Wives too shouldn't dare their husbands. That family needs to look inwards and realise there is actually something missing that's making them lash out at each other while using the dog as excuse.

A concerned dog lover.

Another angle to this is what if the dog bites the woman such that she dies? Everyone would start to blame the husband or what? Its riskier for the woman to beat the dog than for the man to beat her. I pity some folks who are quick to blame u op. Don't mind them.
Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 24, 2015
Chidoks:
Most of your submissions are based on unconfirmed assumptions.it's only the eyewitness that can tell us if the guy breeds dogs as a means of livelihood
having 3 dogs and allowing them to mate and give birth is equal to breeding. What do you think he will do with the puppies? Bury them? He will definitely sell them, unless you want to tell me he is ready to house at least 8 more dogs from the litter
Chidoks:

Let's look at that story again.The dog gave birth about 2weeks ago but still barks incessantly to the extent of disturbing the neighborhood.The question here is: Is it normal for a dog to bark like that to the extent of disturbing others? If it's normal then dogs shouldn't be bred in residential areas.
it is normal for the dog to bark incessantly cos barking is their way of asking for an urgent attention. The dog might need the owner's attention to an health issue it was facing at that moment cos it just gave birth few weeks ago. Incessant barking is no excuse to beat a dog.
Chidoks:
But if it's not normal then the man failed in doing what he ought to do.now who's fault is that?
A pregnant woman is like a scream looking for a mouth.Most times they are moody and irritable.on a good day,most people cannot stand the incessant barking of a dog talkless of a pregnant woman.do you know how uncomfortable the barkings must have made the woman.
very uncomfortable but that should lure her to beat an animal with carnivorous teeth that can rip off flesh in seconds. What if the dog had attacked her pregnant belly? She shouldn't have flogged the dog. Mind you, beating an animal is termed animal cruelty in sane climes
Chidoks:
When he hit her once,he didn't calm down.he hit her over and over again to the point of attracting neighbors,to the point of drawing the blood of a pregnant woman?
the man hitting her, to my own understanding, wasn't really cos she flogged the dog. Something must have been going on in that house before then that made them use the dog's case to escalate it. The man was totally wrong to have hit her. If you had read the OP very well, you would have realised I condemned his action cos 2 wrongs don't make a right
Chidoks:

You typed all these at the expense of two lives and a union ordained by God(their marriage) What if the woman miscarries? What if she bleeds internally to the point of death? What if the shock of the beating leads to the detachment of the placenta?where and where did he hit her to make her bleed? Do you know the seriousness of drawing blood even if it's a drop?
what if the dog had attacked her and done all of that before the man? Why would a pregnant woman decide to flog a canine that just gave birth to puppies? Let's not be sentimental to the detriment of sane reasoning. I blame the man for his actions, but my point here is that he acted based on bottled up anger, not just cos she actually beat the dog alone. He just saw that as a last straw. They must have been having issues in the house for him to lash out in that manner which is still wrong. My point is that they all acted wrong. The woman, for beating the dog and the man for beating his wife.
Chidoks:

What if the woman quits the marriage? What if she retaliates by smashing his head with a pestle?
Please stop it already,hitting that dog doesn't warrant battering her like that.No matter how much you love animals,an animal is an animal, less than a foetus,less than a human.an animal will always be an animal,nothing more!
all of that shouldn't make a pregnant woman decide to pick whatever weapon to flog a grown dog that just delivered few weeks ago. What if the dog had attacked her? Yes, the dog will be killed, but what about the situation the attack will leave her? If the woman, as a party in this case is not cautioned as well, she might feel she can get away with anything. Flogging the dog can be a jailable offence in countries that work cos such is called animal cruelty. The dog didn't beg to be adopted, so it had every right to bark to seek their attention to urgent matters. Pls reason it all out to see where the woman was also wrong. I still blame the man tho.

1 Like

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 24, 2015
Onegai:
The foolishness of the OP has no part 2. A friend had a dog who was quite spoilt, in her quest for attention she would destroy anything in her way (remote controls, shoes, anything, constantly demanding to sleep on the bed). When his wife got pregnant, he gave her away because it was not worth the value of his wife and child to live with an animal who would push down a crib or bite a baby taking up more attention than her. And that dog was a special breed, he paid $1000 to fly her in from the U.S.
such a person is not fit to own a dog. You dont just own a dog and expect it to teach itself the ways of man. Constant training on a regular bases is what will actually domesticate the dog. That is what your friend failed to do. He however did
the best thing by giving the dog away cos he wasn't fit to own one.

Onegai:
This scenario i said above, is how sane, reasonable human beings think. This OP isn't that.

Even in the Western world, you'd be locked up for endangering 2 human beings over an animal. Remember that story of that lady who insisted on keeping her dog who was acting funny, then when she went to the supermarket and left her baby, the dog and the maid in the car, the dog proceeded to maul and kill the baby? I'm sure this OP thinks it's the baby's fault.
in thesame western world, the neighbours would have called animal cruelty on the lady for flogging the dog before the man comes. That can lead to paying a fine after court case or even staying behind bars.

Mind you, the woman endangered her own life and the unborn baby even before the husband beat her. How? By flogging a carnivorous animal that can attack if pushed to the wall. What if it had rushed her belly with its teeth? Pls, blame the man most especially. But pls, point out where the woman was also wrong in a dangerous way.
Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 24, 2015
Omotayor123:
I was actually expecting the view of a dog lover, that's why I invited Seun on my thread.

Op, I don't get you at all. Are you saying money is worth more than the lives of human or an Animal (dog) is more important than your wife and unborn child. ...

The man is very much at fault regardless, Human especially your family should come first if there's nothing else to it. personally will not take such act lying low... embarassed
pls, read the OP very well and understand that it in no way absolved the man of his wrong. The opening post only pointed out that their fight didn't really have much to do with the dog but some piled up misunderstandings between both couple.

Except if the man she married is a dog, I don't see why he would lash out on her for beating the dog. Who knows, maybe he tried to point out her wrong in beating a dog still nursing puppies, her wrong which could be endangering her life and the unborn child by flogging the dog which the poor animal could have seen as an attack. A single bite, irrespective of the area on the body can get the woman killed or hospitalised.

Who knows, maybe out of some ego, she decided to disregard the man's explanation just cos she thinks he shouldn't be scolding her cos of a dog instead of seeing the wrong in what she did i.e confronting a dog with a stick and pregnancy.

The issue must have escalated into other issues they were having in the house which could actually be the reason why the man took that wrong move of beating her. We all know how a simple argument can lead into something entirely different to the extent of both parties throwing punches at each other.

My point for posting this in the family section is to let wives know that daring a man can lead to serious consequences that no one will like. The devil is always looking for ways to destroy mankind. The believe that a man shouldn't hit a woman is not grounds for a woman to taunt or provoke a man to such. Yes, you know he could get jailed if he should kill you, but what about your lost life?

The man was totally wrong, likewise the woman cos she endangered her life and her unborn by confronting a dog with a stick while carry pregnancy. The dog was even very loyal for not attacking. What if she had tripped and fallen while flogging the dog? That is where the woman did wrong and that is all am trying to point out. Thanks.
Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Chidoks(f): 10:01pm On Dec 24, 2015
bloodyBLOGGER:
having 3 dogs and allowing them to mate and give birth is equal to breeding. What do you think he will do with the puppies? Bury them? He will definitely sell them, unless you want to tell me he is ready to house at least 8 more dogs from the litterit is normal for the dog to bark incessantly cos barking is their way of asking for an urgent attention. The dog might need the owner's attention to an health issue it was facing at that moment cos it just gave birth few weeks ago. Incessant barking is no excuse to beat a dog. very uncomfortable but that should lure her to beat an animal with carnivorous teeth that can rip off flesh in seconds. What if the dog had attacked her pregnant belly? She shouldn't have flogged the dog. Mind you, beating an animal is termed animal cruelty in sane climesthe man hitting her, to my own understanding, wasn't really cos she flogged the dog. Something must have been going on in that house before then that made them use the dog's case to escalate it. The man was totally wrong to have hit her. If you had read the OP very well, you would have realised I condemned his action cos 2 wrongs don't make a right what if the dog had attacked her and done all of that before the man? Why would a pregnant woman decide to flog a canine that just gave birth to puppies? Let's not be sentimental to the detriment of sane reasoning. I blame the man for his actions, but my point here is that he acted based on bottled up anger, not just cos she actually beat the dog alone. He just saw that as a last straw. They must have been having issues in the house for him to lash out in that manner which is still wrong. My point is that they all acted wrong. The woman, for beating the dog and the man for beating his wife. all of that shouldn't make a pregnant woman decide to pick whatever weapon to flog a grown dog that just delivered few weeks ago. What if the dog had attacked her? Yes, the dog will be killed, but what about the situation the attack will leave her? If the woman, as a party in this case is not cautioned as well, she might feel she can get away with anything. Flogging the dog can be a jailable offence in countries that work cos such is called animal cruelty. The dog didn't beg to be adopted, so it had every right to bark to seek their attention to urgent matters. Pls reason it all out to see where the woman was also wrong. I still blame the man tho.

Dearie you were quick to condemn the beating the woman gave the dog but you couldn't expressly condemn the husband for beating his wife ,I laugh.all these unnecessary over westernization sef...
In a sane society? Like seriously? Thank God we all have access to their news,their sanity no get part two.
Please an animal is lower than a human and must always be subjected to it place. When the woman retaliates, don't call her end time wife o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Aarenasbaba(m): 10:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
Chidoks:
Let's look at that story again.The dog gave birth about 2weeks ago but still barks incessantly to the extent of disturbing the neighborhood.The question here is: Is it normal for a dog to bark like that to the extent of disturbing others? If it's normal then dogs shouldn't be bred in residential areas . But if it's not normal then the man failed in doing what he ought to do.now who's fault is that?
A pregnant woman is like a scream looking for a mouth.Most times they are moody and irritable.on a good day,most people cannot stand the incessant barking of a dog talkless of a pregnant woman.do you know how uncomfortable the barkings must have made the woman. When he hit her once,he didn't calm down.he hit her over and over again to the point of attracting neighbors,to the point of drawing the blood of a pregnant woman?
To boost ur point,one of our brother when his was pregnant,d wife always wake d husband in d midnight dat she wants to soak garri or eat food...chaii!!! Since den,d man always keep food @ d edge of d bed incase she demands.... so pregnant woman need extra care,mayb d dog was disturbing somehw
Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Neverquit(f): 5:28am On Dec 25, 2015
@ BloodyBLOGGER...in sane/western society that you are emphasizing on, the neighbors would have called the cops on you for disturbance. The cops will give you the first warning and if the neighbors report again, you will be fined. And if it still persist, the dog might be taken away from you for being a bad owner.

Also, there is no justification for hitting your wife not to talk of your PREGNANT wife.

Try that in the sane/western society (that you are claiming), you will be chilling inside jail for attempted manslaughter.

Rubbish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Prodeegee(m): 5:30am On Dec 25, 2015
bloodyBLOGGER:

A righteous man has
animal,
But even the
compassion of the wicked

A concerned dog lover.
just on point
Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by cococandy(f): 6:04am On Dec 25, 2015
Yes she was wrong to beat the dog

But I don't understand how someone can beat a pregnant woman. I just can't wrap my head around it. Regardless of what happened.

Except of course she's threatening your life at the moment and you're in clear danger.
If he does not love his wife, at least his still-cooking baby should mean more than the dog to him. Or is the dog also worth more than the baby?

Sorry OP. anyhow you put it, it doesn't make his behavior more understandable.
And this is not a case of two wrongs my dear.
It's case of wrong versus evil.
Her action was wrong. His was evil.
Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Prodeegee(m): 6:56am On Dec 25, 2015
cococandy:

But I don't understand how someone can beat a pregnant woman. I just can't wrap my head around it. Regardless of what happened.

Except of course she's threatening your life at the moment and you're in clear danger.
If he does not love his wife, at least his still-cooking baby should mean more than the dog to him. Or is the dog also worth more than the baby?

hers was evil, his was wrong. For a pregnant woman she shd hv at least pitied d poor dog.
Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by joseph1832(m): 7:12am On Dec 25, 2015
Prodeegee:
hers was evil, his was wrong. For a pregnant woman she shd hv at least pitied d poor dog.
Okay, lemme pretend that I didn't just see the embolden.
Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Prodeegee(m): 7:13am On Dec 25, 2015
joseph1832:
Okay, lemme pretend that I didn't just see the embolden.
of course u did...
Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by joseph1832(m): 7:46am On Dec 25, 2015
Prodeegee:
of course u did...
Nope I didn't cos if I did, I would wonder how a sane mind could even say such...
Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 25, 2015
cococandy:

he was wrong to have touched the woman even while pregnant.

The dog was more human than him for not attacking the wife when she flogged it.

The dog was more reasonable for showing empathy by not attacking, cos it must have seen that the woman was pregnant which was something it just passed through. That single gesture by the dog shows it was more human than the woman by not attacking while getting flogged.

It is awful to flogged even a goat that just gave birth none the less a dog. As a woman, she ought to understand the female dog's plight, but she didn't care cos she saw it as a mere animal.

If you are made to live as an animal for just a day, you will forever appreciate them. The dog's barking was as a result of the fact that it couldn't talk, hence it communicated through that means to show it was going through something. It could be going through pains inflicted by fleas and ticks or maybe it was chained under the sun cos the man forgot to provide shade for it(that's a bad owner). Perhaps, the dog noticed that one of the puppies was feeling sick and needed urgent attention, so she had to bark to alert her master. Imagine a situation where you cant talk nor explain a certain condition you are going through. That was the situation the dog was.

If you can understand dogs, then you will be able to appreciate humans cos it takes patience to understand an animal. Disregarding and being cruel to animals is animalistic itself. That was what the woman was, though it still doesn't justify her beating from the husband. That is why I said their argument over the dog wasn't what caused the beating. They must have been having issues before then and saw the dog's case as something to open up old wounds. From that argument to another and to another, they decided to end it with that fight. Except the man is a dog himself, I don't see why he would just pounce on his pregnant wife for beating his dog, something the dog didn't even do while she flogged it.

Let me tell you a story.

I once had a german shepherd dog which was about 6months old. GSD are known to be picky eaters, so it made me waste a lot trying to satisfy it. I became fed up at a point and decided to neglect the dog. The dog decided to feed itself by killing our chickens then eating the flesh. That got me angry to the extent that I flogged the dog merciless like it was a slave. Everytime I raised the stick to hit it, it tried to bite me but withdrew just show its high level of loyalty even when it wasn't getting any food from me again. I still regret that action of mine.

Few weeks later, I was spending the night receiving fresh air inside our compound cos it was hot that night. I laid by the wall just almost under the eaves of the roof. Suddenly, my dog started barking incessantly. Worse was that it was doing it very close to my ear lobe. I chased it away then continued my sleep. After a few minutes, it came back to disturb my sleep in that same manner. This time I decided to even try to understand why it was doing that. I checked to see the direction it was facing while barking. Lo and behold, it was facing the roof of the house where a large Owl about the size of a 4yr old child was standing. It had been looking at me with its bulging large eyeballs. Perhaps, checking to see if it could attack me. If not for the dog, maybe I would have been blinded by that Owl. And this was a dog I beat mercilessly weeks back. A dog's loyalty knows no bound.

That dog of theirs must have one day put food on their plate through the sales of her offspring. That dog can lay down its life just to defend that family. The woman clearly didn't see the dog as part of the family, that's why she descended on it in that manner. What is her husband's is hers as well.

A righteous man has
animal,
But even the
compassion of the wicked

If you are opportune to sit both couple down just to hear their explanation, you'll realise that their talk might not even centre on the flogging of the dog but on their own issues as a bad couple.

Blaming the man alone without also the woman is just like solving one evil while you let the other walk free. That free evil will one day give birth to another and the cycle will continue.
Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by SAMBARRY: 9:13am On Dec 25, 2015
Both husband and wife are wrong in several ways
You don't rectify wrong with wrong

1.it's very cruel and wicked to beat a dog that just put to bed.depending on its immunity and strength it can die on the spot
2. The dog just put to bed so the reason for its barking may be due to hormonal changes in its body
3.even IF she's not a fan of dogs there's a way you pet a dog that just gave birth and it will stop barking and ever sleep
4.dogs have emotions and body pains too.after beating a dog that is still recuperating from child birth how do you expect it to feel

As for the husband he over reacted by beating the wife.I'm a dog lover myself and my dog is presently pregnant and so she isn't as active and playful as she was before. What people fail TO realize is that dogs have characteristics of human beings too.sometimes betty wakes up from sleep and start barking unnecessarily.I pet her and she stops. .infact sometimes she cries and sometimes she doesn't eat regularly. Pregnant humans too can wake up from sleep and start crying or start asking for weird food or they begin to eat too much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 25, 2015
Neverquit:
@ BloodyBLOGGER...in sane/western society that you are emphasizing on, the neighbors would have called the cops on you for disturbance. The cops will give you the first warning and if the neighbors report again, you will be fined. And if it still persist, the dog might be taken away from you for being a bad owner.

Also, there is no justification for hitting your wife not to talk of your PREGNANT wife.

Try that in the sane/western society (that you are claiming), you will be chilling inside jail for attempted manslaughter.

Rubbish

the man could get arrested for letting his dog disturb the neighbourhood. The wife could also get arrested if one of the neighbours call animal cruelty on her for flogging the dog.

The dog wasn't really the cause of their fight. If you investigate carefully, you will realise that they've been having such episodes before then, though not as much as it occurred recently. No sane man will descend on his pregnant wife because of a dog. The man and his wife had their issues outside the dog. That home lacks happiness.

Mind you, nobody is claiming to justify what the man did. Am just pointing out where the woman also erred and even endangered her life, which was going against a full grown dog with a cane whilst pregnant.

If you can blame the man as well as the woman, I can assure you that peace will return to that home. But cutting the branches whilst leaving the root is no way to remove an unwanted tree. That's the mistake most people judging the case of domestic violence often make. They lay all blame on the man but forget to look the woman's way, maybe cos she's feminine. They forget that such can have tongues sharper than a blade that can leave unhealable wounds. Don't bring out the beast in a man cos you feel he will get jailed for beating you. The scars inflicted will be on you and not him, that's if you don't end up miserable or dead. Take caution always.

No matter your condition, don't go looking for trouble or endangering your life. You are pregnant is no excuse to go lock yourself up in a lion's cage.

For peace to return to that house totally, both couples must see where they erred. Otherwise, the lesser evil will give birth to an uncontrollable one.
Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Both husband and wife are wrong in several ways
You don't rectify wrong with wrong

1.it's very cruel and wicked to beat a dog that just put to bed.depending on its immunity and strength it can die on the spot
2. The dog just put to bed so the reason for its barking may be due to hormonal changes in its body
3.even IF she's not a fan of dogs there's a way you pet a dog that just gave birth and it will stop barking and ever sleep
4.dogs have emotions and body pains too.after beating a dog that is still recuperating from child birth how do you expect it to feel

As for the husband he over reacted by beating the wife.I'm a dog lover myself and my dog is presently pregnant and so she isn't as active and playful as she was before. What people fail TO realize is that dogs have characteristics of human beings too.sometimes betty wakes up from sleep and start barking unnecessarily.I pet her and she stops. .infact sometimes she cries and sometimes she doesn't eat regularly. Pregnant humans too can wake up from sleep and start crying or start asking for weird food or they begin to eat too much.

God bless you for this lovely post.

You understood the situation like a true judge would. Most posters on this thread and the other are just being sentimental ans emotional. They forget that the Law doesn't act in that manner. That's why the symbol of LAW is as seen below.

That is a woman with blindfolds on while carrying a scale and a sword. The law knows no relative nor friend. If anyone is found wanting, the sword is there to slice that person even if he's related to the law.

In a sane society, If the man is charged for beating his wife. If his explanation should trickle down to his wife flogging the dog, the wife will be charged for animal cruelty immediately regardless of whether she is pregnant or not. That is the law for you- not sentimental or emotional.

They both need to forgive each other and even begged the dog for forgiveness cos they both sinned against it.

Thanks for the post.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by SAMBARRY: 10:54am On Dec 25, 2015
bloodyBLOGGER:
God bless you for this lovely post.

You understood the situation like a true judge would. Most posters on this thread and the other are just being sentimental ans emotional. They forget that the Law doesn't act in that manner. That's why the symbol of LAW is as seen below.

That is a woman with blindfolds on while carrying a scale and a sword. The law knows no relative nor friend. If anyone is found wanting, the sword is there to slice that person even if he's related to the law.

In a sane society, If the man is charged for beating his wife. If his explanation should trickle down to his wife flogging the dog, the wife will be charged for animal cruelty immediately regardless of whether she is pregnant or not. That is the law for you- not sentimental or emotional.

They both need to forgive each other and even begged the dog for forgiveness cos they both sinned against it.

Thanks for the post.
in a civilized society both husband and wife are guilty before the law.the husband is guilty of wife battery and the woman's guilty of putting an animals life on the line. Besides dogs don't just bark for nothing. It's either she saw something strange or she needs the help of her master with her puppies

Besides its because she was a gentle dog.iF she was an aggressive dogs like my form Aleutian dog.she would have attacked her and mauled her with anger and aggression. You don't just beat a dog for nothing

It's like a 3year old child crying. Instead of asking why she's crying and disturbing you,you decide to beat her.dogs are like kids.kids either cry for food,attention or sleep.same applies to dogs

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
in a civilized society both husband and wife are guilty before the law.the husband is guilty of wife battery and the woman's guilty of putting an animals life on the line. Besides dogs don't just bark for nothing. It's either she saw something strange or she needs the help of her master with her puppies

Besides its because she was a gentle dog.iF she was an aggressive dogs like my form Aleutian dog.she would have attacked her and mauled her with anger and aggression. You don't just beat a dog for nothing

It's like a 3year old child crying. Instead of asking why she's crying and disturbing you,you decide to beat her.dogs are like kids.kids either cry for food,attention or sleep.same applies to dogs
once again, you are on point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by nnamdiosu(m): 12:11pm On Dec 25, 2015
Droyal:
SMH

Even if the dog was worth 10millionnaira is that enough to beat a pregnant woman to the point of bleeding.

What you are implying now is that if a wife takes a wrong business decision and it costs her husband millions of naira he is justified to beat her which is bad enough not to talk of being pregnant.

What happened to reprimanding her calmly, Like you said something is really wrong with that family. Even If it was his child that was beaten he shouldn't react that way.

Please don't even try to give reasons why he did what he did.

The man has issues, serious one at that and YES he was wrong.

calm down na. op never said what the man did was right. look at two sides of the road before u cross.

2 Likes

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by SAMBARRY: 1:08pm On Dec 25, 2015
Omotayor123:

tayo stop reasoning with your emotions and be objective. Both parties were at fault. Firstly beating a nursing dog who is barking will not stop it from barking. Two things will result in beating dogs unnecessarily depending on the nature of the dog. It either it becomes uncontrollably violent and begins to maul everyone it sees including the owner or it becomes a wimp.there are some dogs that get very aggressive even at its owners that even the owners cannot move close to it.it's violent behaviour didn't start that day,it started by what that woman did.

Secondly the man went overboard. He has no right to beat his wife.what happened to expressing your displeasure in a civil manner.

Bottomline Both parties are guilty before the law in normal countries and if they were charged to court Both of them will go to jail for lack of self control or pay fine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Prodeegee(m): 1:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
tayo stop reasoning with your emotions and be objective. Both parties were at fault. Firstly beating a nursing dog who is barking will not stop it from barking. Two things will result in beating dogs unnecessarily depending on the nature of the dog. It either it becomes uncontrollably violent and begins to maul everyone it sees including the owner or it becomes a wimp.there are some dogs that get very aggressive even at its owners that even the owners cannot move close to it.it's violent behaviour didn't start that day,it started by what that woman did.

Secondly the man went overboard. He has no right to beat his wife.what happened to expressing your displeasure in a civil manner.

Bottomline Both parties are guilty before the law in normal countries and if they were charged to court Both of them will go to jail for lack of self control or pay fine
I doff my cap for you.

Youve been on point just hitting the nail on the head.

"Beating a crying dog is like beating a crying baby"

Whats thee guarantee that the woman wont beat her baby if shes crying endlessly?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by summerflame(m): 1:27pm On Dec 25, 2015
I am a dog breeder, it is part of my livelihood. A dog can be assumed to be a 3 year old kid, they can misbehave at times ,mind you, they are animals.

Your dog will always treat you the way u treat them. Moreover, dogs are very understanding, appreciating and protecting.

The woman did wrong, but there are 2001 ways of punishing a woman rather than beating her.

I have never beaten my dogs before and I will never, they are obedient, good, understanding and protective.

1 Like

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by SAMBARRY: 1:38pm On Dec 25, 2015
Prodeegee:
I doff my cap for you.

Youve been on point just hitting the nail on the head.

"Beating a crying dog is like beating a crying baby"

Whats thee guarantee that the woman wont beat her baby if shes crying endlessly?
[email][/email] babies are worse because they'll wake you up from sleep intermitently for breastfeeding and changing of diapers. Even in the day babies cry not for breastmilk or water but for something you Don even know and you have to figure out what they want and if you don't give them what they want, the crying continues. So in a case like that does she want to take cane and beat her one month old child who cries every minute for everything

She obviously has no idea of what motherhood of an infant has in store for her and she will soon know. If GOD wants to help her he should give her twin boys by then she'll know what's up instead OF her to study that dog and take care of it as an introduction into real motherhood of a child she's there beating the dog

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Removed / Killing Of Gorilla To Save Boy At Ohio Zoo Sparks Outrage / Katsaridaphobia: Morbid Fear Of Cockroaches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 194
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.