Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog (3413 Views)

Man Accused Of Chasing Away His Pregnant Wife Because Of His ''Mistress''.Photos / Man Who Dumped Wife Because She Bore Him Only Girls Got Twin Girls From 2nd Wife / "I Prefer My Man Beating Me To Cheating On Me" - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by summerflame(m): 1:41pm On Dec 25, 2015
The same God that created the dog created you, it is not less than a foetus, it is a living being.

if u are not a dog lover, u do t have to discriminate or judge like that.

In fact, dogs are loyal more than u hoes who ain't loyal, stop being biased

Here is my question, are u better, loyal, sincere and protecting than a dog?.

1 Like

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by stonecoldcafe: 1:44pm On Dec 25, 2015
Droyal:
SMH

Even if the dog was worth 10millionnaira is that enough to beat a pregnant woman to the point of bleeding.

What you are implying now is that if a wife takes a wrong business decision and it costs her husband millions of naira he is justified to beat her which is bad enough not to talk of being pregnant.

What happened to reprimanding her calmly, Like you said something is really wrong with that family. Even If it was his child that was beaten he shouldn't react that way.

Please don't even try to give reasons why he did what he did.

The man has issues, serious one at that and YES he was wrong.

Go and sink your husband's 10milla and see if he will not beat shege out of you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by SAMBARRY: 1:47pm On Dec 25, 2015
summerflame:
I am a dog breeder, it is part of my livelihood. A dog can be assumed to be a 3 year old kid, they can misbehave at times ,mind you, they are animals.

Your dog will always treat you the way u treat them. Moreover, dogs are very understanding, appreciating and protecting.

The woman did wrong, but there are 2001 ways of punishing a woman rather than beating her.

I have never beaten my dogs before and I will never, they are obedient, good, understanding and protective.
awww

This was my dog before she got pregnant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by SAMBARRY: 2:10pm On Dec 25, 2015
summerflame:
The same God that created the dog created you, it is not less than a foetus, it is a living being.

if u are not a dog lover, u do t have to discriminate or judge like that.

In fact, dogs are loyal more than u hoes who ain't loyal, stop being biased

Here is my question, are u better, loyal, sincere and protecting than a dog?.
exactly. In our former neighbours house I studied their dog.I remember the man travelled for several months to Benin with his wife and left the dog in care of their house girl.the girl on her part doesn't even feed the dogs regularly and they became so lean and sickly and you know the surprising thing,after the man and his wife came back the dogs were so excited wagging their tales and jumping up and down welcoming the couple and jumping on them

I bet if it was a human being that was left In that position without food and care the person would have been plotting the death of his wicked master when he arrives. Do YOU know even despite their sickly look they made sure no stranger entered the house. Meai

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 25, 2015
SAMBARRY:
exactly. In our former neighbours house I studied their dog.I remember the man travelled for several months to Benin with his wife and left the dog in care of their house girl.the girl on her part doesn't even feed the dogs regularly and they became so lean and sickly and you know the surprising thing,after the man and his wife came back the dogs were so excited wagging their tales and jumping up and down welcoming the couple and jumping on them

I bet if it was a human being that was left In that position without food and care the person would have been plotting the death of his wicked master when he arrives. Do YOU know even despite their sickly look they made sure no stranger entered the house. Meai
dogs are better than some humans.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by SAMBARRY: 2:23pm On Dec 25, 2015
bloodyBLOGGER:
dogs are better than some humans.
meanwhile a human being can never be loyal to you unconditionally except he has something to benefit or get from you. Apparently dogs aren't like that or have you seen a dog biting it's puppies because they're making noise
Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by summerflame(m): 2:53pm On Dec 25, 2015
nice and polished bingo...lol.. love your dog though
Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Droyal(f): 11:03am On Dec 26, 2015
nnamdiosu:

calm down na. op never said what the man did was right. look at two sides of the road before u cross.

I am calm na, I have considered both possible scenerios there are better ways of handling a wife that beat a dog than beating her its that simple.

People do wrong things and take wrong decisions everyday does that mean we should should also react wrongly.

I am still trying to understand what that man was thinking.

Wife flogs dog- Hubby beats her with pregnancy till the point of bleeding

Wife beats child- ?

Wife makes a terrible mistake and loses a substantial amount - ?

What will he do in the other 2 scenerios

A sane man will not do what he did.
Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:10pm On Dec 26, 2015
Chidoks:

No matter how much you love animals,an animal is an animal, less than a foetus,less than a human.an animal will always be an animal,nothing more!

Maybe, maybe not...

A Dog's Loyalty

"The soldier, I realized must have had friends at home and in his regiment, yet he lay there deserted by all except his dog. I looked on unmoved by battles, which decided the fate of nations. Tearless I had given orders, which brought death to thousands, yet here I was stirred, profoundly stirred, stirred to tears. And by what! By the grief of one dog."

-----------Napoleon Bonaparte (on finding a dog beside the body of his dead master, licking his face and howling, on a moonlit field after a battle. Napoleon was haunted by this scene until his own death.”)

Or this...

Man’s Best Friend: The Story of Old Drum

All across America, courthouse lawns are decorated with various statues. There are statues of pioneers, politicians, war heroes and dogs. Dogs? Well, there is at least one statue of a dog, and it stands in front of the Johnson County Courthouse in Warrensburg, Missouri. Who was that dog? Sadly, he wasn’t a celebrity in his own lifetime, but in death, he was the subject of one of the most significant courtroom battles of the Old West. I’m talking about a very special dog named Old Drum, and his story will bring a lump to the throat of anyone who ever loved a dog...

(I've skipped some paragraphs, to cut to the meat. You can read the full story here.)

One evening Old Drum did not return home. That was the same evening that, according to Hornsby, he had instructed his nephew to shoot a stray dog with corncobs. Yet, the following morning, a bullet ridden Old Drum was found dead and the events that followed became a courtroom drama that lasted for years...

The “Man’s Best Friend” Defense

On the final day of trial, George Vest didn’t really present closing arguments, for very few people could argue with what he said. Instead, he offered up what has become known as the “Eulogy of the Dog” speech. He stood in front of the jury and he spoke the words that cut directly to the heart of dog lovers everywhere:

“Gentlemen of the jury: The best friend a man has in this world may turn against him and become his enemy. The son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name, may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it the most. A man’s reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads. The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him and the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog.

“Gentlemen of the jury: A man’s dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master’s side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

“If fortune drives the master forth an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard against danger, to fight against his enemies, and when the last scene of all comes, and death takes the master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even to death.”

There was no mention of evidence. For that matter, there was no mention of Old Drum! There didn’t need to be. Hornsby was found guilty and Burden was awarded $50 plus court costs.

Story Source.

1 Like

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by cococandy(f): 1:33pm On Dec 26, 2015
Why are quoting me to type all this long epistle?like I said before beating the dog was wrong. I don't need this long post to see that.

Beating a pregnant woman however is even more wrong on another level. I don't know if this post was meant to make me see the both offense as equal. It is not.

bloodyBLOGGER:
he was wrong to have touched the woman even while pregnant.

The dog was more human than him for not attacking the wife when she flogged it.

The dog was more reasonable for showing empathy by not attacking, cos it must have seen that the woman was pregnant which was something it just passed through. That single gesture by the dog shows it was more human than the woman by not attacking while getting flogged.

It is awful to flogged even a goat that just gave birth none the less a dog. As a woman, she ought to understand the female dog's plight, but she didn't care cos she saw it as a mere animal.

If you are made to live as an animal for just a day, you will forever appreciate them. The dog's barking was as a result of the fact that it couldn't talk, hence it communicated through that means to show it was going through something. It could be going through pains inflicted by fleas and ticks or maybe it was chained under the sun cos the man forgot to provide shade for it(that's a bad owner). Perhaps, the dog noticed that one of the puppies was feeling sick and needed urgent attention, so she had to bark to alert her master. Imagine a situation where you cant talk nor explain a certain condition you are going through. That was the situation the dog was.

If you can understand dogs, then you will be able to appreciate humans cos it takes patience to understand an animal. Disregarding and being cruel to animals is animalistic itself. That was what the woman was, though it still doesn't justify her beating from the husband. That is why I said their argument over the dog wasn't what caused the beating. They must have been having issues before then and saw the dog's case as something to open up old wounds. From that argument to another and to another, they decided to end it with that fight. Except the man is a dog himself, I don't see why he would just pounce on his pregnant wife for beating his dog, something the dog didn't even do while she flogged it.

Let me tell you a story.

I once had a german shepherd dog which was about 6months old. GSD are known to be picky eaters, so it made me waste a lot trying to satisfy it. I became fed up at a point and decided to neglect the dog. The dog decided to feed itself by killing our chickens then eating the flesh. That got me angry to the extent that I flogged the dog merciless like it was a slave. Everytime I raised the stick to hit it, it tried to bite me but withdrew just show its high level of loyalty even when it wasn't getting any food from me again. I still regret that action of mine.

Few weeks later, I was spending the night receiving fresh air inside our compound cos it was hot that night. I laid by the wall just almost under the eaves of the roof. Suddenly, my dog started barking incessantly. Worse was that it was doing it very close to my ear lobe. I chased it away then continued my sleep. After a few minutes, it came back to disturb my sleep in that same manner. This time I decided to even try to understand why it was doing that. I checked to see the direction it was facing while barking. Lo and behold, it was facing the roof of the house where a large Owl about the size of a 4yr old child was standing. It had been looking at me with its bulging large eyeballs. Perhaps, checking to see if it could attack me. If not for the dog, maybe I would have been blinded by that Owl. And this was a dog I beat mercilessly weeks back. A dog's loyalty knows no bound.

That dog of theirs must have one day put food on their plate through the sales of her offspring. That dog can lay down its life just to defend that family. The woman clearly didn't see the dog as part of the family, that's why she descended on it in that manner. What is her husband's is hers as well.

A righteous man has
regard for the life of his
animal,
But even the
compassion of the wicked
is cruel. Proverbs 12:10

If you are opportune to sit both couple down just to hear their explanation, you'll realise that their talk might not even centre on the flogging of the dog but on their own issues as a bad couple.

Blaming the man alone without also the woman is just like solving one evil while you let the other walk free. That free evil will one day give birth to another and the cycle will continue.
Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Prodeegee(m): 4:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

Go and sink your husband's 10milla and see if he will not beat shege out of you!
lol...this got me.

The truth is...like i said earlier the woman has a lot to learn. Especially from the dog. That dude saying an animal is an animal and nothing more...I thought human beings are higher animals...the 'higher' part is because you can come online to report a man who beat his wife because of a dog but a dog cant come online to report a woman who beat her cos she was trying to communicate.

Sometimes people just get dogs without really understanding dogs. A dog doesnt just bark for no reason.

That said, the man beating his wife would probably not be new. Thats not the first time he raised his hand on his wife so maybe he is that kind of man that sees that as a way of exerting his anger. Which indeed is wrong. Very wrong.

I bet you even after she beat the dog if the dog sees her the next morning it would wag its tail but the husband and wife won't be in good terms.

I love my dogs to pieces. ..and beating my dogs is just an act of war btw me n u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Understanding Of The Story Of The Man Beating His Wife Because Of A Dog by Chidoks(f): 8:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Maybe, maybe not...

A Dog's Loyalty

"The soldier, I realized must have had friends at home and in his regiment, yet he lay there deserted by all except his dog. I looked on unmoved by battles, which decided the fate of nations. Tearless I had given orders, which brought death to thousands, yet here I was stirred, profoundly stirred, stirred to tears. And by what! By the grief of one dog."

-----------Napoleon Bonaparte (on finding a dog beside the body of his dead master, licking his face and howling, on a moonlit field after a battle. Napoleon was haunted by this scene until his own death.”)

Or this...

Man’s Best Friend: The Story of Old Drum

All across America, courthouse lawns are decorated with various statues. There are statues of pioneers, politicians, war heroes and dogs. Dogs? Well, there is at least one statue of a dog, and it stands in front of the Johnson County Courthouse in Warrensburg, Missouri. Who was that dog? Sadly, he wasn’t a celebrity in his own lifetime, but in death, he was the subject of one of the most significant courtroom battles of the Old West. I’m talking about a very special dog named Old Drum, and his story will bring a lump to the throat of anyone who ever loved a dog...

(I've skipped some paragraphs, to cut to the meat. You can read the full story here.)

One evening Old Drum did not return home. That was the same evening that, according to Hornsby, he had instructed his nephew to shoot a stray dog with corncobs. Yet, the following morning, a bullet ridden Old Drum was found dead and the events that followed became a courtroom drama that lasted for years...

The “Man’s Best Friend” Defense

On the final day of trial, George Vest didn’t really present closing arguments, for very few people could argue with what he said. Instead, he offered up what has become known as the “Eulogy of the Dog” speech. He stood in front of the jury and he spoke the words that cut directly to the heart of dog lovers everywhere:

“Gentlemen of the jury: The best friend a man has in this world may turn against him and become his enemy. The son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name, may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it the most. A man’s reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads. The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him and the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog.

“Gentlemen of the jury: A man’s dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master’s side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

“If fortune drives the master forth an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard against danger, to fight against his enemies, and when the last scene of all comes, and death takes the master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even to death.”

There was no mention of evidence. For that matter, there was no mention of Old Drum! There didn’t need to be. Hornsby was found guilty and Burden was awarded $50 plus court costs.

Story Source.

Based on what you quoted,are you in any way suggesting that a dog can equal to a human being. So because of these few fantastic stories, you are ready to replace or rather switch the place of a pregnant woman with that of a dog?? You mentioned few far stories but space and time will not permit me to tell of man's royalty to man.everyday parents make sacrifices for their children siblings make sacrifices for each other, spouses make sacrifices for each other,friends and extended family members do same yet your argument is based on few farfetched stories.women have suffered no be small
Let's consider this woman in question: she must have been'jejely' minding her business when the wife beater spotted he. Depending on their types,he may have wooed her with flowers, sweet words, fabulous gifts, love letters,sweet text messages or whatever must have appealed to her. She accepts after the initial 'gra-gra';courtship comes with all the challenges and anxiety,then boom! marriage comes.She leaves her father's house,her apartment ,may even quit her job just to take care of the man.She drops her father's name,the identity she had had for some 25 or something years and assumes Mr wife-beater's name .She cooks ,cleans and sees to his wellbeing.She bears him children,oh the Labour room experience is what no man can possibly imagine.The excruciating pain,the near death experience... I could go on and on but let me stop here
Now because a mere dog, every woman does unbearably crazy things during pregnancy, and even every first time dads know it. She hit the dog that disturbed her with incessant barking then Mr wife beater didn't strike once, no! He struck and struck until he drew blood, blood of a pregnant woman!Till neighbors came in!
Kai, what sort of a man is that? If someone does that to your sister,if you meet your sister in that state what will you do? I already know,you will shake hands with him and have a good laugh over few bottles of whatever you drink after all man's best friend(aka dog, aka nkita) is involved. Issiorite!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lg Home Theater With 7 Speaker And Bluetooth / Husband Used The Milk From Mammary Gland To Drink Garri- Nursing Mum Cries Out / My Wife Need To Prove She Don't Sleep Arround B4 I Can Make Love To Her Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.