Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,769 members, 7,837,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Best Way To Collect Retail Dollar Payments Online - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Best Way To Collect Retail Dollar Payments Online (705 Views)

United Kingdom Now Accepts Naira For Payments / Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank / What's The Best Way To Transfer Money To Nigeria Online? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Way To Collect Retail Dollar Payments Online by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 25, 2015
I sell retail products online for as low as $5.Please,what is the best way to collect this funds as I do not think wire transfer is feasible?
Re: Best Way To Collect Retail Dollar Payments Online by suyamasta(m): 3:17pm On Dec 25, 2015
divinepen:
I sell retail products online for as low as $5.Please,what is the best way to collect this funds as I do not think wire transfer is feasible?
do you mean how your customers should pay? or how to get the money to your account?
Re: Best Way To Collect Retail Dollar Payments Online by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 26, 2015
suyamasta:
do you mean how your customers should pay? or how to get the money to your account?
both.how customers will pay and how the money will be transferred to my account
Re: Best Way To Collect Retail Dollar Payments Online by suyamasta(m): 8:28am On Dec 26, 2015
divinepen:

both.how customers will pay and how the money will be transferred to my account
If its online then you should integrate payment gateways to your site that allows your customers pay using their cards, if the payment gateway u use is outside Nigeria then your accumulated earnings would be sent to you as fx inflow, if the payment gateway you use is in Nigeria your accumulated earnings would then be sent to your bank account or any other means you both agree upon!
Most gateway cos give you the choice to accept card payments,paypal, e-currencies etc but its risky to accept Paypal because of fraudulent chargebacks that could ruin your biz,
Re: Best Way To Collect Retail Dollar Payments Online by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 28, 2015
Which payment gateway will you advise?is remita ok?
Re: Best Way To Collect Retail Dollar Payments Online by Lordtrillion(m): 1:42pm On Dec 28, 2015
divinepen:
Which payment gateway will you advise?is remita ok?
I can't tell you I which is okay but if you want to collect payments in dollars, I will advise you to use a non-nigerian payment processor. Because most Nigeria processors will auto convert the dollar to naira at their own exchange rate which means less value for your dollar considering the parallel market exchange rate.
If you're still keen on using any Nigerian processor, look for the ones that will transfer your dollar payments to your domiciliary account & not do the conversion for you.

(1) (Reply)

The Fear Of A Marketer! / Buy Hcl In Drums / Pics: Made In Nnewi, Nigeria Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.