Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,394 members, 7,812,159 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

ROBUST RELIGION; RECLINING HUMANITY - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ROBUST RELIGION; RECLINING HUMANITY (507 Views)

Biodun Fatoyinbo Aka "Robust Reply" Visits Ibadan By Deji Yesufu / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" / Things Humanity Could Do Better Without Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ROBUST RELIGION; RECLINING HUMANITY by Adabar: 3:55pm On Dec 25, 2015
The SUPREME BEING has a sense of humor to allow the overlapping celebrations of the birth of JESUS and Muhammad (SAW) as we are witnessing at the moment. To me, it shows the foolishness n utter wickedness in trying to divide us along religionline. Indeed, it beats imaginations that some people will happily kill and be killed for belonging to the other faiths. Ironically, the proponents of these religions advocated for peace and tolerance during their brief stay on earth,. As it stands, religion is gradually destroying humanity - the very essence of its existence! More worrisome is the fact that we are all responsible in one way or the other. Oh, how on earth is that possible? Fine, lets situate it thus with personal posers
Well, I know I am yet belong to Boko Haram or other sleeper cells that kill n die in the hope of having 7 virgins in the hereafter but..

How did I find myself in a religion procession that causes needless traffic gridlock and even prevented the COAS- a constituted authority the passage of way
at some point?
What am i doing in a congregation that norturnally disturbs the residential neighborhood  with its multiple public address systems and noise above the allowed decibels?<br>
How did I find myself as a public advocate of the craze for the acquisition of exotic cars n private jets by the heads of denominations even when members are mired in abject squalor?<br>
Why did I join the protesters to hold placards against the prosecution of a man whose denomination went ahead to erect additional building without clearance &amp; permits thereby killing hundreds of people in the ensuing structure collapse?
When did I become so insensitivity to the destruction in Arab and middle east nations but become hyper reactive when far less carnage occurs in the west or &apos;Christians states&apos; ?
Who am I to discriminate against a gentleman or deny relationship with a lady whose only shortcomings are their names-Yakubu and Aishat?
 Where is my heart when Countless times, I have turned away from lending a helping hand because the needy(ies) begged in the holy name of a conflicting faith?
The foregoing shows how we have unwittingly shrinked the frontier of human kindness by our act of bigotry. Interestingly, the solution still lies in Religion. We have allowed the selfish n wicked few to define the tenets for so long, it is time to see the GOOD BOOKs by ourself and make deductions. Clearly, lets stand united against our common enemy: IGNORANCE.

Happy Maulud and Merry Christmas to all the peace loving Muslims and Christians;
Happy New year to a peaceful world.

My name is Samson Yusuff and I just want to bell the cat.
cc: lalastical
cc:seun

(1) (Reply)

When The Church Is No More Conducive / Nairaland For Jesus / Difference Between Body, Soul And Spirit (must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.