Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,326 members, 7,864,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:38 PM

Female Hostel Goes Down In Flame In Unn - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Female Hostel Goes Down In Flame In Unn (463 Views)

Big Cobra Killed In Unilorin’s Female Hostel, After Months Of Cohabitation / Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN / Laptop Fee In UNN Causes Hardship Among Students (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Female Hostel Goes Down In Flame In Unn by 105africa: 6:25pm On Dec 25, 2015
A female hostel (okeke hall) in unn last night got burnt down. See what an eye witness said about it…

Last night was a very sad one for me because this is one of the little things one would see and lose hope in the nation. I have never been this pessimistic about her before.

OKEKE HOSTELOKEKE HOSTEL
When I arrived the scene at Okeke Hall at UNN, it was just the fifth room burning and the fire fighters were there but water had finished from the tanker; and I asked, “what else is the job of staff of Nigerian Fire Service? ” What do they do year-in, year-out? Girls that ran out of their rooms watched their properties burn, they cried and wailed; nothing was saved. But how can I help if the Fire Fighters couldn’t. All I did was make phone calls to people who still couldn’t help. We all watched till the 34th room got razed, some Principal Officers of the school came, shuddered and left. Thanks to Chinedu Oranye (Edu Security) of the Security Department and some other youth who helped make sure it didn’t get to 200 series. My pain is that in January, LIFE CONTINUES… These students left most of their things in school before traveling because they’re supposed to resume just 3 days after New Year’s Day. And it was also hell for them to acquire the accommodation, now 136 legal occupants of the rooms are school-homeless. I trust that when they get back to school, the first thing their lecturers will do is – give them a test on the first day in class and ask them to submit the assignment he/she gave them in December. I give up
read more here
http://www.105africa.net/enugu-female-hostel-goes-down-in-flame-in-unn/

(1) (Reply)

Is Online Learning A Good Idea? / NIGERIA ARMY RECRUITEMENT 2015/2016 Application Form Is Out . / Note To All Medical Aspirants -unilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.