Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai (7659 Views)

EFCC Seals Patience Jonathan's Property In Abuja (Photos) / The Metal Coffins Acquired By Masari, Katsina Governor For N120m - Jamil Mabai / 12 Times President Buhari’s Swagg Game Was On Point As He Becomes 73 (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by queentell(f): 3:28am On Dec 26, 2015
THE recent twist in Nigerian politics leading to agitations for presidency based on ethnic and zonal cleavages, has led some to the conclusion that no leader can emerge that will unite Nigeria.

Their reasons include that a Northern leader will attract resistance from other zones, because the North led this nation for 35 out of 50 years and basically brought us to this stage of despair.

The South West got power from the military in 1999; their leadership brought in GEJ, under whom we are still groping, with insecurity and bad politicking threatening the very existence of the country, while the North has vowed to remove him from Aso Rock.

Many, therefore, reason that Nigeria has reached a stage where no leader will be able to unite the country. I do not agree with this position, and I am not alone.

My unaided estimates, for want of verifiable statistics, show that in Lagos, Igbo investment is not less than N300 trillion; it is double of that in Abuja at about N600 trillion.

In Kano and Kaduna, Igbo investments run up to N10 trillion respectively; while in Borno, Yobe, and Adamawa states, Igbo investment run into N5 trilion respectively. In Plateau State Igbo investment is hovering over N15 trillion! I can confidently add that there is no state in Nigerian where Igbo investments in business do not exceed N5 billion.

Source: http://www.zubbyblog.com/igbos-have-acquired-about-73-percent-of-landed-property-in-abuja-el-rufai/
Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by brunofarad(m): 3:31am On Dec 26, 2015
Laughing in shinese

My people
My people grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by queentell(f): 3:41am On Dec 26, 2015
brunofarad:
Laughing in shinese

My people
My people grin

why you dey laugh
Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by brunofarad(m): 3:43am On Dec 26, 2015
They Sold the land
Still they are complaining

queentell:

why you dey laugh

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by FastShipping: 3:44am On Dec 26, 2015
This shows that Nigeria is going to remain one for another 1 billion years. grin

How do you invest handsomely in some part of the country and walk away from your investment? Nigeria is on the march to its lost glory. Once we get back to our potentials, I don't see anyone wanting to leave the union.

God Bless Nigeria for all of us.

Excerpts from the article:

"In 2012, following the death of some Igbos in a bomb explosion in Kano, an Igbo leader was reported as saying: “With more than one million Igbos and our over N20 billion investments in Kano, this is our home away from home. And no one can force us to return home where… land is scarce and expensive for setting up new businesses.”

http://www.zubbyblog.com/igbos-have-acquired-about-73-percent-of-landed-property-in-abuja-el-rufai/

10 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by FastShipping: 3:48am On Dec 26, 2015
brunofarad:
They Sold the land
Still they are complaining

I don't see it as complain. Can you point out where you think El-Rufai or anyone was complaining? I don't think you understood the point he was trying to make. He was making the point that Igbos have more at stake in Nigeria than any other ethnic groups in Nigeria. That didn't sound like complain to me.

11 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by queentell(f): 3:49am On Dec 26, 2015
FastShipping:
This shows that Nigeria is going to remain one for another 1 billion years. grin

How do you invest handsomely in some part of the country and walk away from your investment? Nigeria is on the march to its lost glory. Once we get back to our potentials, I don't see anyone wanting to leave the union.

God Bless Nigeria for all of us.

so your saying agitating for another country is a lost cause?
Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by FastShipping: 3:51am On Dec 26, 2015
queentell:

so your saying agitating for another country is a lost cause?

People have the right to agitate. There is freedom of expression enshrined in our Constitution.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by queentell(f): 3:51am On Dec 26, 2015
FastShipping:

I don't see it as complain. Can you point out where you think El-Rufai or anyone was complaining? I don't think you understood the point he was trying to make. He was making the point that Igbos have more at stake in Nigeria than any other ethnic groups in Nigeria. That didn't sound like complain to me.

i read the article on that blog and some how it does
Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by queentell(f): 3:52am On Dec 26, 2015
FastShipping:

People have the right to agitate. There is freedom of expression enshrined in our Constitution.

so why is Nnamdi kanu locked up and even when court gave order to release him the DSS refused?
Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by FastShipping: 4:00am On Dec 26, 2015
queentell:

so why is Nnamdi kanu locked up and even when court gave order to release him the DSS refused?

I have no idea. I am not in government neither was I ever part of Nnamdi's defense team to know what is going on.

Here are two things I've heard:

i. the federal government withdrew his case from magistrate court and moved the case to High Court. Magistrate court is not a competent court to handle such case.

ii. Nnamdi has been granted bail, met bail conditions and the federal government has refused to release him.

I have read the two points listed and I still don't know which one to believe. It is now up to the courts to clarify situation of things because we don't know who is telling the truth.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by dorodee(m): 4:06am On Dec 26, 2015
And this is one major reason why Biafra will not work... Igbos in diaspora need to hear this!
Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by queentell(f): 4:14am On Dec 26, 2015
FastShipping:

I have no idea. I am not in government neither was I ever part of Nnamdi's defense team to know what is going on.

Here are two things I've heard:

i. the federal government withdrew his case from magistrate court and moved the case to High Court. Magistrate court is not a competent court to handle such case.

ii. Nnamdi has been granted bail, met bail conditions and the federal government has refused to release him.

I have read the two points listed and I still don't know which one to believe. It is now up to the courts to clarify situation of things because we don't know who is telling the truth.

the order is from Buhari not to release him even when court order for him to be bailed
Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by FastShipping: 4:18am On Dec 26, 2015
queentell:

the order is from Buhari not to release him even when court order for him to be bailed

Do you have proof to this? It is always easy to pin it on somebody. The court should speak up and struck out the case or hold the attorney general in contempt of court if that is the case. No one can really say what exactly is going on.

All I know are the two unconfirmed facts I listed earlier.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by Eledan: 4:48am On Dec 26, 2015
FastShipping:

More stake in a peaceful Nigeria
Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by Mopolchi: 6:45am On Dec 26, 2015
Any problem about that, el Rufai?
Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by Nobody: 6:49am On Dec 26, 2015
Are the IGBOS not humans.?
Were the Lands not sold to them..?
Don't IGBOS have international rights again.?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by FisifunKododada: 6:49am On Dec 26, 2015
cool No be ONLY 70% na 1000%

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by Ijaya123: 6:53am On Dec 26, 2015
Little wonder those in Lagos are silent about...

But then, this sounds like a fallacy to me. Thought they claimed that Tinubu is the biggest landlord in Lagos. So what has changed? Or he has been selling his properties to igbos in Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by Agimor(m): 7:05am On Dec 26, 2015
Those are the stakeholders.they are much interested in united Nigeria not some Biafra extremist who don't understand the effect of disintegration.
Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by BALLOSKI: 7:11am On Dec 26, 2015
Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by Yanks101: 7:16am On Dec 26, 2015
Land investments are irrelevant compared to the destiny of millions of generations unborn. Of what use is the land when Nigeria will always remain a shitthole and a potential drain?
Israel is the size of delta state and Nigeria would never be in her class in a million years.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by lawydewy(m): 7:21am On Dec 26, 2015
My people!!!
My IGBo BROTHERS!
if we leave, who go lose?
You can't believe it, we will lose/lost/loose like BUSH MEN in Kalahari desert.................
The poooooor will suffer! The rich will negotiate their standard!
SUPREMACY/SUPERIORITY COMPLEX IS IN ONW BLOOD......
An average IGBOman wanna be on top even in our villages........
Am proud of that,that's what make us work hard!!!!kwazonu oO
How big/large is our land? Why do we invent in another's manland? Have we resolve the issue of OSU&IDIALA? IGBO calling another IGBO slave?A big QUESTION!
uba miri issue?? Ijaw/calabar/efik/kalabari/ibibio/isoko/ogoja/idoma/igede/igala/opobo/urhobo etc will not follow YOU.

Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by NakedEve: 7:46am On Dec 26, 2015
I think the Igbo are becoming wiser.
I asked one the other day if he would buy land in my area and he said God Forbid! that after he buys land some stupid people will come and start telling him how it is not his land. He said that no matter the cost of land he will take his investments to the East.
I think this is why other ethnic nationalities do not want Igbo to go.
1) Who will develop their place?Yoruba do not really migrate into other parts of Nigeria because of safety concerns.
2) They will lack modern services and will be thrown back into the middle ages.
3) Under international law they will loose their land where Igbo property are located to the Igbo's.

Funny thing is that the Igbos are still building on their land. I laff at Igbo's. They r STUPID.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by sammyj: 8:13am On Dec 26, 2015
While their brothers back home are soliciting for Biafra. I wonder if Abuja would also be part of the fraud called Biafra if they succeed!!!! shocked grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by Udmaster(m): 8:29am On Dec 26, 2015
FisifunKododada:
cool No be ONLY 70% na 1000%
tribal marked child of hate detected.. Go and read the link you ewedu consumer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by wytecat: 8:41am On Dec 26, 2015
That's a loaded statement to cut your wings. I'm sure LANDS Dept would say otherwise. Hausa are just smart and will not wait till that happens in reality since their leaders like Ahmadu Bello had warned about ibos tendencies of taking a mile when given a step. But only wise people know this which ibos are not part of. So you can keep celebrating scam, this is the reason the whole world thinks ibos are nuts, when you say you control something in one minute and then scream marginalization in another.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by FisifunKododada: 8:52am On Dec 26, 2015
Udmaster:
tribal marked child of hate detected.. Go and read the link you ewedu consumer.

Na u be online detector see your life Okafor - you have shamed your father. Mtcheew.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by ba7man(m): 8:59am On Dec 26, 2015
Anytime I see an ego massaging topic with percentages, I know the people that wrote it.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by achi4u(m): 9:06am On Dec 26, 2015
In as much as what el rufuia said is the naked truth, Igbos should be mindful of where they buy properties in the God forsaken country where envy and tribalism reign supreme.
Think East. Think about ur unborn generation.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Acquired About 73 Percent Of Landed Property In Abuja – El Rufai by 2sex(m): 9:10am On Dec 26, 2015
Yanks101:
Land investments are irrelevant compared to the destiny of millions of generations unborn. Of what use is the land when Nigeria will always remain a shitthole and a potential drain?
Israel is the size of delta state and Nigeria would never be in her class in a million years.
yeah, as long as you don't have investment, it's easier for you to rubbish another man's sweat.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amaechi To Niger Delegates: I Know The Problem Of Nigeria, I Will Deal With It / This Cartoon About Buhari Will Crack Your Ribs(pic) / Kaduna To Bar Unvaccinated Civil Servants From Offices From October 31

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.