Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar (13323 Views)

Aisha Buhari, The Kitchen And The Other Room By Joseph Edgar / Asiwaju Tinubu : The Limits Of Political Influence By Joseph Edgar / Buhari's Incompetence: I Saw It -by Joseph Edgar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 26, 2015
Hmm nice one Op
Point two is soo onpoint ..
Pls tell them oh
Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by IBBG(m): 3:07pm On Dec 26, 2015
the writer of this article has re-echoed some of my thoughts. nothing will change in this country unless we the citizens decide to take our destinies in our hands, damning consequences and forcefully revolt with this useless politician for our rights.
until then nothing changes, the status quo will still remain.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 26, 2015
bonechamberlain:
angry ..

this is one of the greatest article in nairalands history,

just like Karl Marx said in the beginning of communist manifesto " the history of all hitherto society is the history of class struggle" , which is playing out in this organization called Nigeria.

like I have always said only a violent revolution that would lead to the according to Marx "the dictatorship of the proletariat" would change this country, and Africa.

this imported democracy is not for Africa

true talk.

2 Likes

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by dollydolly(f): 3:09pm On Dec 26, 2015
Nice but...
Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by okeyximo(m): 3:09pm On Dec 26, 2015
K
Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by olagamalin(m): 3:10pm On Dec 26, 2015
Hmmn, Passionate write-up...albeit its lengthy form. While I sober-reflect on this .....the writer failed to explain how education will bridge & liberalize the so-called class system. It goes with the reasons you brought forward..how will a graduate of a third world University with a strike-ravaged academic calendar get to favourably compete with those ivy league schools.......I daresay you made points, however not in entirety.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by seunny4lif(m): 3:13pm On Dec 26, 2015
Endtime story grin
Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by TBag3: 3:20pm On Dec 26, 2015
This is the best article I have read in alongwhile. This is the games of throes from the elite class, the Romans empire was modelled on it.
Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by Chubhie: 3:20pm On Dec 26, 2015
never has such an interesting piece be written on nairaland.
Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by ibb1993: 3:20pm On Dec 26, 2015
I don't have much to tell you, was NNAMDI KANU that stop federal airport in south east ? Why was other geopolitical zones with mothan 5 states only south east? Pls answer and for the banners I just opened another monica

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by Chubhie: 3:22pm On Dec 26, 2015
IBBG:
the writer of this article has re-echoed some of my thoughts. nothing will change in this country unless we the citizens decide to take our destinies in our hands, damning consequences and forcefully revolt with this useless politician for our rights.
until then nothing changes, the status quo will still remain.
it must be bloody and with logical precision to obliterate the elites.

1 Like

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by YoungExec: 3:23pm On Dec 26, 2015
Finally, the secret is out. Glad you just woke up. When studying in UK, we were all a small club of Nigerian kids. Tribe didn't matter, what mattered was your last name and dad's bank statement. Most of us flew back to Nigeria every two weeks just to run errands.
Today. We rule. Not by choice but because of the precedent laid by our forebears.
@Op please don't whine about it. Just concentrate on laying a solid foundation for your own offspring. This is not uniquely Nigerian, it happens all over the world!
Even now, do you think Obama's kids will be rejected by any US Ivy League college? No, they have an express way in. I'm from the South but some of my best and closest friends are northerners, we schooled together.
No matter the unrest in Nigeria, I'm safe with them and they with me. It's the 'masses' that kill themselves.

Merry Christmas.

17 Likes

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 26, 2015
dmater:
The use of Nnamdi Kanu to buttress his points is totally out of sync.
And it is in fact no crime if at this time Kanu have chosen to champion the cause of his people.

It is becoming sickening that some people can't seem to complete their writeups without trying to cast stones on Kanu or the right of his people to self-determination.
The write-up is not about Kanu. Who are Kanu's people you are talking about? Certainly not me. Where is the land borders of your Biafra. You belittle the survivalist and success driven concept of the original Biafran ideology when you line up without a plan and without cohesion and without direction.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by playboy19(m): 3:29pm On Dec 26, 2015
PrinceChester:
"If you doubt me, let us allow Biafra go and you will immediately see the permutation replay itself with the rebirth of these same elitist people creating a new hierarchy and entrenching the same issues that led to the creation of Biafra."

Useless quote by the writer...Let us allow the Biafrans go?

As if they are your slaves...Rubbish!!!

The op is doing you people a favor by helping you understand this longstanding scam. If the above is the only part you read from the write up, then your case is irredeemable.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by IBBG(m): 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2015
Chubhie:

it must be bloody and with logical precision to obliterate the elites.
True if need be. Most good or great tins don't come cheap. a times it can be very expensive.
but the question is; are Nigerians willing to pay the price even if it means blood to have a better country for posterity. until we develop that iron clad will and determination, our politician will keep taking us for a ride.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by M14A1: 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2015
Impressive!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by Mikollon1(m): 3:42pm On Dec 26, 2015
IBBG:
True if need be. Most good or great tins don't come cheap. a times it can be very expensive.
but the question is; are Nigerians willing to pay the price even if it means blood to have a better country for posterity. until we develop that iron clad will and determination, our politician will keep taking us for a ride.

What do you mean by "better country"?
Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by Archmage(m): 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2015
sense
Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by 9jatatafo(m): 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
he is right!!!!....kanu fights for no one but himself!!..the earlier you guys know that the better

I am sorry to say but it is not only KANU's problem but all Nigerians. The motto is God for us all but all man for himself

2 Likes

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by IBBG(m): 3:53pm On Dec 26, 2015
Mikollon1:

What do you mean by "better country"?
common u already what a better country means.
in the sixties and seventies countries like south korea, Indonesia, singapore, Brazil, south Africa and even China could not be compared to Nigeria talk less of Ghana or Kenya. But today, same can't be said. which is to show that bad leadership is the worst thing that can happen to any country, to me I consider bad leadership worst than conflict. becos it's effect is pernicious.
a country with issues of conflict but has good leaders will develop faster than a country with no issues of conflict but with rotten leaders, if in doubt check out Israel.

2 Likes

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by Mikollon1(m): 3:55pm On Dec 26, 2015
IBBG:
common u already what a better country means.
in the sixties and seventies countries like south korea, Indonesia, singapore, Brazil, south Africa and even China could not be compared to Nigeria talk less of Ghana or Kenya. But today, same can't be said. which is to show that bad leadership is the worst thing that can happen to any country, to me I consider bad leadership worst than conflict. becos it's effect is pernicious.
a country with issues of conflict but has good leaders will develop faster than a country with no issues of conflict but with rotten leaders, if in doubt check out Israel.

So what are you doing to make the country better?

1 Like

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by reemix123(m): 3:57pm On Dec 26, 2015
I have never heard so much nonsense in my life. Everybody knows that the problem in Nigeria is down to tribes. The last election is a clear indication..it was won purely on tribal lines Yoruba and Hausa the entire South East was excluded. Which is why Buhari finally got into power because Tinubu got the Yoruba to join him. How do you explain that the Igobs have only been in power for 6 years out of 55 years since independence 10%. Until the problem is fixed Nigerias progress will be hampered. Lets not fool ourselves...IT IS A TRIBAL WAR SILLY !
Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 26, 2015
The purpose of this is to rally the "populis", I guess. But you can achieve that without the whole shebang of half-truths and conjecture I just read.

The issue with Africa, not just Nigeria, was birthed by the "scramble for Africa" that culminated into the Berlin conference of 26 February 1884. Vertical partitioning and foreign selfish influence did us in. The white man and his selfish whims have since left, but the damage is already done.

We are a mismatch of all sorts who don't necessarily mix. This is not the big issue these days, except it laid the foundation for the Banana Republic that we are now.

And If you must know, secession is not the solution to our problems. The secessionists can please rest now. Indiscipline, nepotism and injustice is the issue. Tribalism and sectionalism too. We need to come together to pen a common law to guide us in nation building forging.

Go back in history every great nation was formed through the unification of kingdoms. A leadership rallying the people to seek common good. Don't go any further than Mao Zedong (China), Lee Kuan Yew (Singapore), Gandhi (India) etc.

Sadly, we are yet to learn.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by mentorandfriend(m): 3:59pm On Dec 26, 2015
Wow. See revelation!
Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by Mrchippychappy(m): 3:59pm On Dec 26, 2015
Igbo boy here and the OP is spot on. Should Biafra secede who do we think would rule the nation? the same corrupt bastards like the Ekweremadu's, the Iweala's, the Ngige's and the rest of them. I am all for Biafra but first things first- how do we get rid of the elite that has been syphoning the funds and resources meant for the people? Its not a situation unique to the igbo's, should the Yoruba's go on their own they would have to deal with the elitists - the Tinubu's, Saraki's, Otedola's etc.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by Mrchippychappy(m): 4:03pm On Dec 26, 2015
The recent SOCIAL MEDIA AGENTS OF CHANGE party or whatever that was is a stark reminder of the class war situation in Nigeria. The average poor guy was willing to kill himself for "change" but at the end the "influential and rich" people where the ones invited to the change party that took place in Aso rock.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by SalesConsultant(m): 4:04pm On Dec 26, 2015
Although this insightful writeup finally made front page.

Most Nigerians won't follow cos it has Nofin to do with celebraties and many after reading won't understand due to prejudice. Others will quickly take side and want to defend the the norms.

Nigerians are Unique!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by IBBG(m): 4:08pm On Dec 26, 2015
Mikollon1:

So what are you doing to make the country better?
developing my capacity everyday to be a better leader, so that when I'm saddled with leadership responsibility, I'll perform well since I know what it takes and what is expected of a leader. Because the truth is, what you don't know you can't control talk less of owning it.

3 Likes

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by Mikollon1(m): 4:14pm On Dec 26, 2015
IBBG:
developing my capacity everyday to be a better leader, so that when I'm saddled with leadership responsibility, I'll perform well since I know what it takes and what is expected of a leader. Because the truth is, what you don't know you can't control talk less of owning it.

Nice one pal.
Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by IBBG(m): 4:15pm On Dec 26, 2015
Mikollon1:

Nice one pal.
Tanks.
Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by mrvictor: 4:17pm On Dec 26, 2015
To the author of that silly wish-wash,
You spent so much time writing nonsense.
Your write up = trash + bunkum + rubbish

1 Like

Re: It Is A Class War silly! By Joseph Edgar by drberry(m): 4:23pm On Dec 26, 2015
Indeed a wonderful piece but it's not a new thing to me. One major problem we have in this country is illiteracy everywhere. Illiteracy can be traced to the problems with boko haram, election violence, and a whole lot of other problems we experience as a nation.

When our politicians want to contest for elections, none of their children casts a single vote for them because they're all overseas for solace, whereas the jobless and illiterate masses are the ones who kill themselves for the politicians.
No matter how poor and underdeveloped we say the North is, the children of politicians still bag degrees from Ivy league colleges.

Everyday of my life I thank God for using my dad to open my eyes to the benefits of education and my kids will definitely get to the zenith of any field they delve into.

The truth be told if 50% of Nigerians especially the youths are well educated, 50% of Nigeria's problems (economic, security, etc) would be solved.

Once again nice piece Mr. Smoke2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Paris Refund: Firm Returns Governor’s N500m To EFCC / Amaechi Says FG Willl Build $800 Million Seaport In Warri / $4 Million Bribe: SNM Accuses Obiano, Calls For Yakubu Mamoud's Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.