Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Did Jesus Die On Th Cross? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Die On Th Cross? (729 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Was Afraid To Die On Nigeria Airways Flight / Did Jesus Die On A Friday? / Why Did Jesus Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Die On Th Cross? by tutus(m): 8:09pm On Jun 10, 2009
Crucifixion took up to three days; the maximum he was on the cross for was nine hours, it might even have been six. And even if you read the gospels Pontius Pilate is clearly surprised that he's already dead and wants to be reassured by the centurion that he really is dead. My personal take on it would be that he goes into a shock induced coma, and probably they thought he was dead.
Re: Did Jesus Die On Th Cross? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 10, 2009
its so sad people dont wanna believe jesus dnt die, he dnt even sufer the beating talkmore of dying, he was raised to heaven by angels and hes likeness was placed on another person
Re: Did Jesus Die On Th Cross? by wagbaje: 4:04am On Jun 11, 2009
tutus:

Crucifixion took up to three days; the maximum he was on the cross for was nine hours, it might even have been six. And even if you read the gospels Pontius Pilate is clearly surprised that he's already dead and wants to be reassured by the centurion that he really is dead. My personal take on it would be that he goes into a shock induced coma, and probably they thought he was dead.

Which kind coma? He gave Himself up to the Father. A ah, if Jesus did not die, it will not be worthed for us to have a look at the cross because the price has not been paid for the healing, deliverance and freedom we are seeking now. If He did not die, we might have died at this very second. Jesus died and rose again. He is the Saviour. Well, it takes faith to believe this :-)
Re: Did Jesus Die On Th Cross? by mwanamwiwa: 4:14am On Jun 11, 2009
Re: Did Jesus Die On Th Cross? by tutus(m): 11:32am On Jun 11, 2009
The question is did he die on the cross?
Jesus did not die on the cross. He recovered from the effects of the poison, was helped to escape from the tomb by friends, and stayed with them until he reached Rome, where he was present in AD 64.
The 'poison' referred to here was in the 'vinegar' that had been given to him on the cross. It was snake venom, taking a number of hours to act but which rendered him unconscious in a short time. It was 3 p.m. then, after six hours on the cross. He was thought to be dead but wasn't.

@ w_agbaje "Those who say that the Lord died first and then rose up are in error, for he rose up first and then died."—Gospel of Philip
Re: Did Jesus Die On Th Cross? by MrCrackles(m): 11:37am On Jun 11, 2009
tutus:

The question is did he die on the cross?
Jesus did not die on the cross. He recovered from the effects of the poison, was helped to escape from the tomb by friends, and stayed with them until he reached Rome, where he was present in AD 64.

The 'poison' referred to here was in the 'vinegar' that had been given to him on the cross. It was snake venom, taking a number of hours to act but which rendered him unconscious in a short time. It was 3 p.m. then, after six hours on the cross. He was thought to be dead but wasn't.

How did you know?
Where you there?
Re: Did Jesus Die On Th Cross? by jagunlabi(m): 11:40am On Jun 11, 2009
Did he die on the cross?Did he even exist?That has to be proven to be so,first.
Re: Did Jesus Die On Th Cross? by tutus(m): 12:59pm On Jun 11, 2009
@ Mrcrackles i dnt need to be there. All i know is that, Crucifictions is very slow and painful death. People die on the cross in 2-4 days, Jesus Christ apparently died on it in 8-6 hours .
Re: Did Jesus Die On Th Cross? by MrCrackles(m): 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2009
tutus:

@ Mrcrackles i dnt need to be there. All i know is that, Crucifictions is very slow and painful death. People die on the cross in 2-4 days, Jesus Christ apparently died on it in 8-6 hours .

Na wa for una with all sorts of theories!
Pssssf!
Re: Did Jesus Die On Th Cross? by tutus(m): 7:01pm On Jun 11, 2009
@MrCrackles u need to pissssf! not me cos this is my thread. okay?
Re: Did Jesus Die On Th Cross? by MrCrackles(m): 7:11pm On Jun 11, 2009
tutus:

@MrCrackles u need to pissssf! not me cos this is my thread. okay?

Oh it is your thread and your forum too right?
Because i dont agree with your crap theory?
Wallow in your own poo then, slowpoke! cheesy
Re: Did Jesus Die On Th Cross? by tutus(m): 8:09pm On Jun 11, 2009
@ Mrcrackles I think to use swear words is just primitive as it shows that you apparently not capable of finding a decent word to express yourself, that's all!

Why making a point using a swear-word when I have so much better words at my disposal to make a point much more decent and much clearer.
Re: Did Jesus Die On Th Cross? by MrCrackles(m): 9:35pm On Jun 11, 2009
tutus:

@ Mrcrackles I think to use swear words is just primitive as it shows that you apparently not capable of finding a decent word to express yourself, that's all!

Why making a point using a swear-word when I have so much better words at my disposal to make a point much more decent and much clearer.

Where is the swear word?
Do you need a magnifier to get a better view and show me the swear word?
Re: Did Jesus Die On Th Cross? by bawomolo(m): 9:37pm On Jun 11, 2009
uplawal:

its so sad people dont wanna believe jesus dnt die, he dnt even sufer the beating talkmore of dying, he was raised to heaven by angels and hes likeness was placed on another person

what makes the accounts of the koran more truthful than that of the bible.

Or is this a my faith is greater than your faith battle?
Re: Did Jesus Die On Th Cross? by tutus(m): 9:45pm On Jun 11, 2009
@Mrcracklets the word slowpoke, A stupid person; a dolt.
thats a swear word my dear.
tutus:

MrCrackles link=topic=282483.msg4014849#msg4014849 date=1244752529:

Where is the swear word?
Do you need a magnifier to get a better view and show me the swear word?

Re: Did Jesus Die On Th Cross? by MrCrackles(m): 9:50pm On Jun 11, 2009
tutus:

@Mrcracklets the word slowpoke, A stupid person; a dolt.
thats a swear word my dear.

I know the meaning of slowpoke before i called you a slowpoke!
If you regard it as a swear word fine, i regard it as a slap on the wrist
Now run along and let the matter rest! tongue
Re: Did Jesus Die On Th Cross? by tutus(m): 12:08am On Jun 12, 2009
Very well said. I agree with you completely. ASS HEAD!
MrCrackles:

I know the meaning of slowpoke before i called you a slowpoke!
If you regard it as a swear word fine, i regard it as a slap on the wrist
Now run along and let the matter rest! tongue

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Walks / Passion Men And Ladies Need For God's Work / Better Abuja - The Monthly Divine Help For Abuja's 1million + People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.