Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? (18278 Views)

The Moment A Nigerian Mother Reunited With Her Children After 5 Years Apart / Woman's Before And After Divorce Photos / It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Yankee101: 9:54am On Jul 29, 2023
The woman usually blocks them from access to their kids or poison their minds towards him

He sees they want only his money so he bounces

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Newborn27(f): 9:54am On Jul 29, 2023
If a thread of 8yrs old could make frontpage...
Definitely there's hope for me in life!

It's not over until it's over

Hallelujah!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by hotspec(m): 9:54am On Jul 29, 2023
deeptesting:
It is no longer news to hear about couples going their separate ways today,immediately after separation or divorce most father`s cut off all ties with their ex including the children, it really beats my imagination why most men also divorce their children.

Most men quickly move into another relationship abandoning the children for the woman, they don`t call, visit or even write letters to the children. We have witnessed few cases here on Nairaland where the children now grown ups put up pictures of their fathers taken 30yrs ago in search of the man who gave birth to them..

Real men don't divorce their kids too.

This opinion is not absolutely correct. In most cases, it's always the fault of the mother. They tend to prevent the children from seeing or talking to their father, especially if the divorce happened when they were still very young. But no matter how hard their mother has poisoned their minds against their farher, immediately they grow up, they, on their own look for and reunite with their father
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Emperormartin(m): 9:55am On Jul 29, 2023
Because they know their mom have brainwashed them with bad stories of him... And his children will now see him as devil's incarnate.

Women are good in manipulating stories to suit their course against their Former man
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Levels1(m): 9:56am On Jul 29, 2023
agabaI23:
No it is because most times, the women don't want them to be part of the children's lives but they will want them to be financilly involved fully. I doubt there is a father that will abandon his children because he is divorced.

You said it how exactly it was.

You should be a counselor or marriage expert I assume.

This happens less than a month to my close relative.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Emperormartin(m): 9:56am On Jul 29, 2023
hotspec:

This opinion is not absolutely correct. In most cases, it's always the fault of the mother. They tend to prevent the children from seeing or talking to their father, especially if the divorce happened when they were still very young. But no matter how hard their mother has poisoned their minds against their farher, immediately they grow up, they, on their own look for and reunite with their father
Yes especially the male children

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Machinegun91(m): 10:00am On Jul 29, 2023
Because women are just wicked

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by enemyofprogress: 10:00am On Jul 29, 2023
Ask DNA
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Levels1(m): 10:00am On Jul 29, 2023
avicky:

That's not true. I have seen a father who abandoned his son after separation. The wife wants him to be involved in the son's life but he wouldn't budge. School fees, feeding, health has been the responsibility of the struggling mother.
Look, so many irresponsible fathers out there. Two sane adults should not bring their kids into the fracas between them.
So I don't buy your assertion.

You are wrong but the op is valid.

Few months ago exact what op said plays out and I was wondering if he's aware of it to have said it as it was.

Mostly the divorce women are bitter and always acted irrational without putting the children in consideration before acting selfishly

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by DenreleDave(m): 10:01am On Jul 29, 2023
Bcox men don't want divorce, women instigate it to drain a man

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Deeprooted: 10:02am On Jul 29, 2023
Some children quickly take side with their mum rather than trying to be as neutral as possible so as to have an objective view of the situation with the aim of proffering solution.

Remember that they first knew themselves before your conception.

So taking side won't help the situation

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by NOwazobia: 10:03am On Jul 29, 2023
Moana:
i have 3 cousins with children whose fathers refused to take care of and they even use their mother's surnames and over 7 people i stayed in hostel with that were single mothers with no support from their fathers undecided are you satisfied with double the number?

Nigerian women are worshipped and how many of these worshipped women are being used for rituals and human trafficking. The number of rape and physical abuse cases on NL alone are alarming. Child marriage is a sign of women being worshipped abi? Okay continue
Baby Mamas, are different from married divorcees.

With baby mamas, there is definitely no committed man, just guys she had flings with, spread here and there; with an unplanned, unexpected baby, there is even confusion or argument as to who owns the baby, which usually results to abandonment most times.

So, baby mamas should be out of the equation because most times it is as a result of prostitution.

I don't think legally married women will be so concetrated as you described, they are definitely baby mamas made at the height of different ecstasy.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Exshaker92(m): 10:04am On Jul 29, 2023
Absolutely correct
agabaI23:
No it is because most times, the women don't want them to be part of the children's lives but they will want them to be financilly involved fully. I doubt there is a father that will abandon his children because he is divorced.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by bamirotola: 10:06am On Jul 29, 2023
deeptesting:
It is no longer news to hear about couples going their separate ways today,immediately after separation or divorce most father`s cut off all ties with their ex including the children, it really beats my imagination why most men also divorce their children.

Most men quickly move into another relationship abandoning the children for the woman, they don`t call, visit or even write letters to the children. We have witnessed few cases here on Nairaland where the children now grown ups put up pictures of their fathers taken 30yrs ago in search of the man who gave birth to them..

Men are more attached to the kids of the woman they love most. If there is hatred , average woman tend to poison the sons mind against the father , which is a major bridge in father children relationship . Why should I invest on a child that hates me ? Average man won't go extra mile for such.

Women if you have fallout with your husband , don't use your children's mind as the battle field, do not poison their heart against their father, let them grow and enjoy the father to child relationship...but sadly almost all women do this

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Emmanuel909090: 10:06am On Jul 29, 2023
Miami11:
Because they are mean and selfish

I would have said, it's best experienced, you don't need to say nothing.

If you are a man pray to experience it and see exactly what you will do.
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by timjones1(m): 10:07am On Jul 29, 2023
Not fair to the kids sha. But you divorce someone, you fight for full custody for the kids, you start poisoning their minds about their father and then you also want him to sponsor your hate campaign against him? . You don't want him to have anything to do with his kids but you want him to keep funding you? Chest it fully sister.
Anyways.. I'll take care of kids even after my divorce. Worst case scenerio I'll foot their bills when it's their turn to stay with me. You Foot their bills when it's your turn. They are your kids too. You wanted custody too right??

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by AdroTape: 10:08am On Jul 29, 2023
AutoChick4U:
Only Broke irresponsible men do this.
Do we have broke women in our societies today?
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Emmanuel909090: 10:09am On Jul 29, 2023
avicky:

That's not true. I have seen a father who abandoned his son after separation. The wife wants him to be involved in the son's life but he wouldn't budge. School fees, feeding, health has been the responsibility of the struggling mother.
Look, so many irresponsible fathers out there. Two sane adults should not bring their kids into the fracas between them.

I don't know how you people think, the woman should leave the kids to the man, he will take good care of them. She can be the one visiting. Or you don't know men also feel pain spending more but not being really involved is painful, so it's best he forgets all and work on his peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Emperormartin(m): 10:12am On Jul 29, 2023
agabaI23:
Careful? Fuel is selling for 140 and it is not even available

When he came in 1984, there was scarcity of everything including forex. There was hard times
This time again it is repeating. Buhari is bad omen. he has to prove me wrong and I am praying he does but so far, that's the reality.
Wow! Fuel is selling at 140.

Pls I want to go back to Dec 2015

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by WeirdAlien: 10:12am On Jul 29, 2023
agabaI23:

This is the commonest reason!

Women never want to leave the children back for the man to take care of, even when they're no longer babies or toddlers.
And most times when the children are with the woman, she denies the man access to his children. And the man's response is "if you want to have them all to yourself, take care of them all by yourself".

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 29, 2023
ronald4lif:
Some divorcee women are vile, ferocious and seek to torment the life of their ex partner employing their kids as a snare to exploit the men. When men notice this they retract from their responsibility which ultimately result to less parental access to their kids by their mothers.

I'm not holding brief for anyone but a sizeable number of divorcee women are heartless and usually bitter even in some cases where the separation was perceived to be consensual between both couple.

There's absolutely no divorcee male I know whose ex wife doesn't devise means to callously deal with them using their kids. There seem to be this notion that they were rejected, used and dumped which fuels resentment and bitterness.

In the UK, they'd use bogus child support claims to render your life useless till you start drifting from your fatherly responsibility. Don't ever believe the men just decided to abandon their responsibility until you have a full grasp of what is truly happening.

So sending upkeep,will staying away,will it harm?

The thing is alot of you men are so irresponsible that is why when you are placed in a structured society you feel like a fish on land . Alot of men claim child support is evil or persecution.

No matter how vile a woman is and dangerous (you and I know this is rarely the case,if not why do women initiate most divorce), you should send money for upkeep of the kids. You don't need to visit (for your safety) but send money.

But no,once a union ends,the man focus on his new partner and her needs and neglect his kids

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Olarewaju89: 10:19am On Jul 29, 2023
because a divorced woman is angry and vile. Some of them try to turn the back of the kids against their daddy by saying all sort of bad things about him, no matter how hard the man try to be a responsible father, the kids would not appreciate it. Men know this and that is why they dnt indulge themselves. Not all dads tho.

You are right
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by thomasjoe(m): 10:20am On Jul 29, 2023
WHY SEPARATE FROM SOMEONE AND STILL COMPLAIN OF UNSHARED RESPONSIBILITIES?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 29, 2023
NOwazobia:
Baby Mamas, are different from married divorcees.

With baby mamas, there is definitely no committed man, just guys she had flings with, spread here and there; with an unplanned, unexpected baby, there is even confusion or argument as to who owns the baby, which usually results to abandonment most times.

So, baby mamas should be out of the equation because most times it is as a result of prostitution.

I don't think legally married women will be so concetrated as you described, they are definitely baby mamas made at the height of different ecstasy.
So only when you are legally married you should take care of your kids?

If you will take my advice,kindly seek help.

My God,
Who did black man this thing na?
No wonder the whites assumed alot of us must be kept in a zoo to entertain them or we aren't fit to take on political positions. Shout and blame racism all you want but there is something inherently wrong with the black man thinking which is evidenced by your post

You must be igbo,they have the highest misogynistic traits. You can't take away suffering and marginalization from a region that oppresses women and children. Forcing women to drink their husbands corpse water, and neglecting kids because of family tree or fear of them sharing your properties and you were surprised when millions of your region died from starvation during the war?

You have not seen anything yet.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by gentle007(m): 10:22am On Jul 29, 2023
avicky:

They will just comment as if they have carried out a survey.
Do you know how many women are longing for their exes to be part of their kids' life?

And no matter what happens, children will always look for the abandoned parent. That's the annoying part for me.

Unfortunately, whether you believe it or not, the only reason why some women are even considering their exes is when they are having difficulty in footing the bills.

Did you leave the kids with the man and he didn't take care of them?
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by untoldtruth: 10:23am On Jul 29, 2023
avicky:

Correct! I'm a guy but this I can't defend. Some men are not worthy of being parents, the end.
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by blaise26abj(m): 10:23am On Jul 29, 2023
deeptesting:

What is real men ? Are the others fake or adulterated ? Men are men

It is MAJORLY the fault of the women . 80 percent of the time , the ex-wives weaponize the children against the man since the system favours the women most times regarding child custody . They usually try to use the children to frustrate and drain the man . After a while the men just compartmentalize it and move on .

Check the babymama industry . It is based on taking advantage of the child to get money from the influential father and it is lucrative .

That is not to say there are no useless men out there who don’t even try.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by fredoooooo: 10:23am On Jul 29, 2023
You can't be cold or hot at the same time ..
You cant decide when a man should be in his daughters life and when not ..
Common sense is we both have responsibilities on the kid.
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by lexy2014: 10:24am On Jul 29, 2023
deeptesting:

You claim to have noticed a few cases and yet you say most men. How is that possible?

When you say "most men", are you in the homes where parents divorced to have witnessed what you are claiming?
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by gotousa2013: 10:25am On Jul 29, 2023
Some pass on the hate to their children especially when they are not in his custody
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Nwanna2588: 10:26am On Jul 29, 2023
Abrogating parental responsibilities can be a result of the man not having anything in his name to fend for the children. For example, if a woman leaves a man who cannot pay his bills the man should not be blamed until he starts paying his bills.
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 29, 2023
Moana:
excuses as usual
They can never take responsibility for their actions yet they accuse women of lacking accountability.

If it's single mothers they will defend deadbeats by saying why did they spread their legs .

If it's legal marriage they will still defend men by saying the women manipulated their kids against him and the rest.

All just to divert attention of everyone off a non fact that men rarely give a shit about child rearing once a union hits the rock.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Housewife Offers N120,000 To Quit Marriage, Court Grants 50,000 / My Wife Is Pushing Me To Do Things I Don't Like Please Advice Your Friend / How To Guide Your Child(ren) Against Molestation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.