Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? (18293 Views)

The Moment A Nigerian Mother Reunited With Her Children After 5 Years Apart / Woman's Before And After Divorce Photos / It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by agabaI23(m): 7:57pm On Dec 27, 2015
Moana:
excuses as usual
What excuses?

Are you trying to tell me that you never had days when he could not provide when you were living with him? What if he lost his job or his business collapsed?
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Moana(f): 8:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
agabaI23:
What excuses?

Are you trying to tell me that you never had days when he could not provide when you were living with him? What if he lost his job or his business collapsed?
stop shifting the goal post. We are talking about people who do it delibarately

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by agabaI23(m): 8:26pm On Dec 27, 2015
Moana:
stop shifting the goal post. We are talking about people who do it deliberately
No, I am not. i just told you those you see in the courts in a mixture of a few deliberate and many who are having Buhari time
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Fanirandele: 8:28pm On Dec 27, 2015
because unfortunately there are no real laws in place to enforce that

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Moana(f): 8:28pm On Dec 27, 2015
agabaI23:
No, I am not. i just told you those you see in the courts in a mixture of a few deliberate and many who are having Buhari time
what did Buhari do again?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by agabaI23(m): 8:40pm On Dec 27, 2015
Moana:
what did Buhari do again?
Buhari time=hard time wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Moana(f): 8:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
agabaI23:
Buhari time=hard time wink
there is always someone else to make the scapegoat for our problems

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by agabaI23(m): 8:47pm On Dec 27, 2015
Moana:
there is always someone else to make the scapegoat for our problems
You are getting it wrong. Buhari time is a synonym for hard times. That is not making someone a scapegoat..come on
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Moana(f): 8:59pm On Dec 27, 2015
agabaI23:
You are getting it wrong. Buhari time is a synonym for hard times. That is not making someone a scapegoat..come on
be careful what you say will be what you will get

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by agabaI23(m): 9:04pm On Dec 27, 2015
Moana:
be careful what you say will be what you will get
Careful? Fuel is selling for 140 and it is not even available

When he came in 1984, there was scarcity of everything including forex. There was hard times
This time again it is repeating. Buhari is bad omen. he has to prove me wrong and I am praying he does but so far, that's the reality.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by cococandy(f): 9:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
What if the woman is happily divorced? Say her life is better and happier without the marriage.
why do you think the average divorced woman is angry and vile? (note the word vile)

classicB:
because a divorced woman is angry and vile. Some of them try to turn the back of the kids against their daddy by saying all sort of bad things about him, no matter how hard the man try to be a responsible father, the kids would not appreciate it. Men know this and that is why they dnt indulge themselves. Not all dads tho.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 27, 2015
cococandy:
What if the woman is happily divorced? Say her life is better and happier without the marriage.
why do you think the average divorced woman is angry and vile? (note the word vile)

She might be happily divorced but then she wont sing praises of her ex husband to her kids anymore, rather she will choose to tell them the bad side of the man. Women are different, but eh go scarce bfr u see a divorced mum talk good about her husband. Something made them seperate right?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Moana(f): 2:29am On Dec 28, 2015
agabaI23:
Careful? Fuel is selling for 140 and it is not even available

When he came in 1984, there was scarcity of everything including forex. There was hard times
This time again it is repeating. Buhari is bad omen. he has to prove me wrong and I am praying he does but so far, that's the reality.
but there was scarcity of fuel even before Buhari was inaugurated abi? Is it not the Minister of Petroluem's duty to deal with the issue anyway?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 28, 2015
Fanirandele:
because unfortunately there are no real laws in place to enforce that

What law do you propose should be in place,let me guess

The man should pay 20,000 per month till when the child clock 18 isn't it ?
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by babythug(f): 8:03am On Dec 28, 2015
I've heard of scenarios of separation where the husband withdraws from meeting his financial obligations on the children with a view/hope to forcing the wife back home. I also feel because the children are with the woman it's easier for the man to say "I don't have the funds" and the wife who is forced to see the children is more pressured to run around to sort the bills.
In some cases some men just shy away because they believe they're spiting the wife for leaving or theyre consumed by emotions for a new woman and probably her children so don't care about the other children....

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by agabaI23(m): 10:15am On Dec 28, 2015
Moana:
but there was scarcity of fuel even before Buhari was inaugurated abi? Is it not the Minister of Petroluem's duty to deal with the issue anyway?
Buhari is the minister of Petroleum. Are you not in Nigeria sweerie?
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Moana(f): 11:01am On Dec 29, 2015
agabaI23:
Buhari is the minister of Petroleum. Are you not in Nigeria sweerie?
no im not
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by agabaI23(m): 11:03am On Dec 29, 2015
Moana:
no im not
I can understand that.

Then the hostel with many single mothers makes more sense

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Moana(f): 11:23am On Dec 29, 2015
agabaI23:
I can understand that.

Then the hostel with many single mothers makes more sense
Nigeria has female students that leave their children at home so they can attend university and stay on campus undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by agabaI23(m): 2:03pm On Dec 29, 2015
Moana:
Nigeria has female students that leave their children at home so they can attend university and stay on campus undecided
I don't get you here
Sure we have such but how does come into our discussion?
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Exceed15: 8:05am On Jul 29, 2023
In some cases it is the woman,because of the pain of the separation denies the father access to the children to hurt him too. Even to speak with the kids is difficult .In this scenario if I were the man I would keep my cool and not fight it.
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Exceed15: 8:08am On Jul 29, 2023
agabaI23:
No it is because most times, the women don't want them to be part of the children's lives but they will want them to be financilly involved fully. I doubt there is a father that will abandon his children because he is divorced.

Hmm.. wisdom

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Exceed15: 8:14am On Jul 29, 2023
avicky:

That's not true. I have seen a father who abandoned his son after separation. The wife wants him to be involved in the son's life but he wouldn't budge. School fees, feeding, health has been the responsibility of the struggling mother.
Look, so many irresponsible fathers out there. Two sane adults should not bring their kids into the fracas between them.
So I don't buy your assertion.

I have also seen a mother who used the children as bait to torture the man. Most times women make it difficult because of the anger still in them
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Exceed15: 8:18am On Jul 29, 2023
Moana:
i have 3 cousins with children whose fathers refused to take care of and they even use their mother's surnames and over 7 people i stayed in hostel with that were single mothers with no support from their fathers undecided are you satisfied with double the number?

Nigerian women are worshipped and how many of these worshipped women are being used for rituals and human trafficking. The number of rape and physical abuse cases on NL alone are alarming. Child marriage is a sign of women being worshipped abi? Okay continue

Single mothers can play victim a lot. Hear from the man to get a balanced story. U no dey Inside the relationship, na wetin dey tell u u carry for head
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Exceed15: 8:23am On Jul 29, 2023
NiceJenny:
Only useless men does that. Real men dnt

Only Foolish women turn the children against their father. Apparently she's causing damage to the kids psychologically
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by AutoChick4U(f): 9:48am On Jul 29, 2023
Only Broke irresponsible men do this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by AutoChick4U(f): 9:49am On Jul 29, 2023
Moana:
i have 3 cousins with children whose fathers refused to take care of and they even use their mother's surnames and over 7 people i stayed in hostel with that were single mothers with no support from their fathers undecided are you satisfied with double the number?

Nigerian women are worshipped and how many of these worshipped women are being used for rituals and human trafficking. The number of rape and physical abuse cases on NL alone are alarming. Child marriage is a sign of women being worshipped abi? Okay continue
prayers is needed here
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by GistFullGround: 9:49am On Jul 29, 2023
Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Justbehave(m): 9:52am On Jul 29, 2023
avicky:

They will just comment as if they have carried out a survey.
Do you know how many women are longing for their exes to be part of their kids' life?

And no matter what happens, children will always look for the abandoned parent. That's the annoying part for me.
So how many surveys have you carried out to arrive at this? I have 4 kids from my baby mamas and they are all living with. In fact I'm taking care of them more than their mums to the extent they even don't want to see their mums.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by TheGift: 9:53am On Jul 29, 2023
You are referring to fake men who don't appreciate the privilege and responsibility of Fatherhood.

Regardless of ones relationship with their mother, a Man's children remain His children. And "he that doesn't take care of His own household is worse than an infidel."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Godwin4444: 9:53am On Jul 29, 2023
agabaI23:
No it is because most times, the women don't want them to be part of the children's lives but they will want them to be financilly involved fully. I doubt there is a father that will abandon his children because he is divorced.
God bless u

Most times d woman use her weapon if not allowing d father see d child then the man use his weapon of not rendering any financial assistance

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Drift From Responsibility To Their Children After Divorce? by Candidlady: 9:53am On Jul 29, 2023
2015 thread

Most that posted would have deactivated

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is It Ever Okay To Make Little Babies Up ( Photos ) / I Beg You's To Join Me in Praising and thanking God / Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.