Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,052 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi (42344 Views)

N100,000: How would You Share This Between Your Parents? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by OfficialNNB: 10:46am On May 05, 2017
Nigerian gay activist, Bisi Alimi, has written an epistle telling Nigerians that it is not their responsibility to take care of their parents, neither is it the right of their parents. According to him, a child owes his/her parent nothing, as he/she never begged them to have sex.

He went further to disclose that a child, is not an old age pension scheme. He went further to tell Nigerians not to succumb to emotional blackmail from their parents, or they will milk them dry.

Here's what he wrote;

"Nigerians, doomed financial vicious circle is when your parents brought you up so you can be their cow to milk, while you look forward to doing same to your children.
I understand that the system is bleeped, pension money is being embezzled by stupid greedy politicians, the same ones you worship and bow to, and there is no guarantee for old age, but Bleep, the system won't fix itself. If you don't resist, you will be consumed.

The idea that it is the responsibility of the struggling young to take care of the struggling old is a myth sold to you by the corrupt politicians who have stolen the resources of your commonwealth.

Remember, one rich man among 100 poor men will eventually end up being poor.
You only have two commitments in life; yourself and your children and that's until they are old enough to be kicked out of the house.

You do not, I repeat, you do not owe your parents any pay back unless you are still living with them, which means get the Bleep out or start paying rent and bills.

Remember, you didn't beg them to have sex, they wanted to have children, it's their choice, you should not be their old age pension scheme.
Only do it if you can and have the resources to, but even with that, know the limit or they will emotionally blackmail you and milk you dry."

35 Likes 9 Shares

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by Smellymouth: 10:48am On May 05, 2017
This dude is officially mad.

Pls, over there. Carry this werey oshi go there..

That place , na where dem dey keep all the chronic mad people..

280 Likes 21 Shares

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by Nobody: 10:58am On May 05, 2017
grin

How i wish i can do that, but i cant...this type of character he is emphasizing was adopted from the western..

33 Likes

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by eyinjuege: 11:07am On May 05, 2017
Every parent should have a plan for their old age and not rely on their children, for their children are also human and can always disappoint you at any time.
Raise your children right, do your best for them, but also have a retirement plan, and not rely on them. Invest in yourself and your old age. Have only the no of children you can afford to raise, and at the same time save for your old age.
Some children will support their parents, some won't. Some parents will still continue to support their children who are married depending on the size of their pockets, No size fits all. Family dynamics differ.

185 Likes 14 Shares

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by Fuckallmods: 11:15am On May 05, 2017
Cristiano Ronaldo wishes he has a dad, cos now he has money but doesn't have a dad. You don't value what you have until you want to/lose them.
I WILL DO ANYTHING FOR MY MOTHER.let him know he'll be forgotten also by his children

271 Likes 22 Shares

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by xynerise: 11:17am On May 05, 2017
Only a prodigal and cursed child will have this mentality.

So if your parents are suffering and you are financially buoyant, you will tell them this?

248 Likes 9 Shares

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by Nobody: 11:32am On May 05, 2017
I am sure people insulting him didn't read his write up_they read only the heading, but it's normal for Nairalanders grin.

Truth is bitter, very bitter...
He was a bit hard, went off at some point but he made some sense.

Modified: Before insulting, take your time to read the post without bias. Forget he is gay, sieve out his message_then comment. If you still don't get the message, then you need to walk in the shoes of some Nigerian first sons/daughters.

This set of people labour for years training their younger ones(that may number up to 4) and helping out their parents too. The guys most times would keep on struggling to please his family, pausing his own life. He might finally get married and start his own family in his mid-late 30s.
The ladies sometimes move on to get married, the innocent son-inlaw might end up carrying unnecessary expenses.

Everyone should make plans for his/her retirement. Don't be overly dependent on your kids. Some kids will give, some might not even have to give, some will totally disappoint you...it happens.
It's clearly stated that if you have _give, just don't fall for emotional blackmails aimed at ripping you off. But then _the black man doesn't read.

188 Likes 15 Shares

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by project4OO: 11:53am On May 05, 2017
Rich parents do not rely on their kids for survival.

The OP is right to have asked everyone to work out their retirement plans. The vicious cycle of poverty is the main reason some children slash their salaries in order to take care of a 60 year old man or woman. Such a child will grow old believing it is RIGHT to turn their own children into PENSION schemes. That's why some parents are already having ideas of duplex and cars they want their son to get for them - most times, these sons haven't even found any meaningful job that can cater the luxury of a motorcycle. They push these children into deep depression, illegal businesses and sometimes suicide.

Everyone should work and strive to raise a retirement plan.

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 05, 2017
He should speak for himself. Only an ingrate would have this mentality towards his/her parents.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by sisisioge: 12:53pm On May 05, 2017
Wow! What an ungrateful cretin! No wonder, he's just not alright. May God bless us with good children o. Whew!

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by Khd95(m): 1:41pm On May 05, 2017
binsh its not ur responsibility to tell us that
in as .much as u remain GAY ur opinion in naija is useless sad

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by crackhaus: 1:58pm On May 05, 2017
American wannabe..

So Nigerians should leave their aged parents in the hands of a government which he even admitted doesn't pay pensions...what a smart cookie this ar.sewipe is. Later he will say he went to school... grin

He must have thought he just discovered clean efficient energy by telling us Nigerian government doesn't work. We didn't know!
Typical Nigerian simpleton - expert at detecting problems without offering any solutions.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by Raalsalghul: 4:36pm On May 05, 2017
Not as if I don't plan to take care of my parents in their old age, but to an extent he's right.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 05, 2017
OfficialNNB:
Nigerian gay activist, Bisi Alimi, has written an epistle telling Nigerians that it is not their responsibility to take care of their parents, neither is it the right of their parents. According to him, a child owes his/her parent nothing, as he/she never begged them to have sex.

He went further to disclose that a child, is not an old age pension scheme. He went further to tell Nigerians not to succumb to emotional blackmail from their parents, or they will milk them dry.

Here's what he wrote;

"Nigerians, doomed financial vicious circle is when your parents brought you up so you can be their cow to milk, while you look forward to doing same to your children.
I understand that the system is bleeped, pension money is being embezzled by stupid greedy politicians, the same ones you worship and bow to, and there is no guarantee for old age, but Bleep, the system won't fix itself. If you don't resist, you will be consumed.

The idea that it is the responsibility of the struggling young to take care of the struggling old is a myth sold to you by the corrupt politicians who have stolen the resources of your commonwealth.

You only have two commitments in life; yourself and your children and that's until they are old enough to be kicked out of the house.

You do not, I repeat, you do not owe your parents any pay back unless you are still living with them, which means get the Bleep out or start paying rent and bills.

Remember, you didn't beg them to have sex, they wanted to have children, it's their choice, you should not be their old age pension scheme.
Only do it if you can and have the resources to, but even with that, know the limit or they will emotionally blackmail you and milk you dry."

I agree %5000000 Absolutely! correct!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by peacesamuel94(m): 7:56pm On May 05, 2017
But it is their responsibility to take care of you till you've grown too big to return the favour when they're old abi..........the climax of stupidity.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 05, 2017
OfficialNNB:
"Remember, you didn't beg them to have sex, they wanted to have children, it's their choice, you should not be their old age pension scheme.

Of course he's entitled to his opinion

Although it's a bit ironic that without his parents, he wouldn't be around to say this...

18 Likes

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by Pebcak: 8:51pm On May 05, 2017

OMO ALE JATI JATI

31 Likes

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by beautiful232(f): 8:51pm On May 05, 2017
wonders cheesy
Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by Sunnycliff(m): 8:51pm On May 05, 2017
Absolute Nonsense! Your pride as a child is your ability to care for your parents in old age!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by hakeem4(m): 8:51pm On May 05, 2017
Speak for yourself

You're going to have no child to take care of you that's why

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by rattlesnake(m): 8:51pm On May 05, 2017
werey

2 Likes

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by rawpadgin(m): 8:51pm On May 05, 2017
I will take care of my mother

u can go fvck urself

14 Likes

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by crackerspub: 8:51pm On May 05, 2017

Proverbs 23:22 “Listen to your father who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old.”

Morafucking gay looking monkey called Bisi Alimi or what ever fucck off

40 Likes

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by XX17: 8:51pm On May 05, 2017
Urgent!! please which good phone can I get for #35k to #40k ??

Key features:

Very sharp camera
Very good battery
Popular brand
Smooth operation

Please suggest one for me.
Thanks
Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by Tazdroid(m): 8:52pm On May 05, 2017
That fvcking fággot

Its brain must be decomposing.

No one agrees with whatever it spews

10 Likes

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by slurryeye2: 8:52pm On May 05, 2017
That's totally wrong

6 Likes

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by celestialAgent(m): 8:52pm On May 05, 2017
No matter what, the onus is on you to take care of your Aged parent it they took proper care of you while developing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by ICEMAN(m): 8:53pm On May 05, 2017
Shut the Bleep up you fucking gay! You can let your parents suffer. We'll take care of ours!

16 Likes

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by ShelterHomes(m): 8:53pm On May 05, 2017
Olofo.. It's my responsibility my parent can afford all the Good things of life but I still get them things just to let them know mama ain't raise no fool like u.. Anyways my people do u know u can get a plot of land in ibeju lekki for 600k and u can pay for 3months.. Chk my page

4 Likes

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by Flexherbal(m): 8:53pm On May 05, 2017
Is he useful to the society!

11 Likes

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by UltraLeslie1: 8:53pm On May 05, 2017
OfficialNNB:

Here's what he wrote;

gay man trying to justify his chosen path of damnation.

10 Likes

Re: It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi by realestniggah: 8:53pm On May 05, 2017
bisi alimi need to be flogged

I don't care if he is homosexual as far as it doesn't effect my life in anyway..he can live his life as he please.

Well I have seen young people ruin their lifes in a bid to please their parents, so to an extent I understand where he is coming from. But I owe my parents everything so I'm going to spoil them silly. Not because they demand it from me but as a show of my gratitude and affection.they took care of me when I was a baby and showed me immense love.it only right i spoil them with the same love and care they gave me.heck they brought me to this world..who am I before them

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / My Husband Fondles Our 19-year-old Daughter’s Breasts – Woman Tells Court / How Do Wives Whose Husbands Work In Distant Places Cope Sexually?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.