Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp (32071 Views)

Telegram Is Way Better Than Whatsapp / [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons / Telegram Is Down???(frebies Members) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by vickylala239: 4:28pm On Dec 27, 2015
V
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by zyclef(m): 4:28pm On Dec 27, 2015
mashnino:
I mean telegram is just everything an instant messenger is suppose to be. I discovered telegram when it was still in beta stage and ever since then i was hooked. I can't say it is better designed than WhatsApp but what I can say is that it has more features than WhatsApp. Some of the new features WhatsApp is rolling out have been in Telegram for months some of which are extended number of people per group to 1000, end-to-end encryption etc. Not withstanding, WhatsApp have some advantages over Telegram like Voice calls, more users and some minute features.

One thing they both share in common is "Instant Messaging" but how they handle their users is different. Both WhatsApp and Telegram are available for all mobile platforms and they both have web versions and then Telegram took it up further my developing native applications for all desktop platforms i.e Linux, Windows and Mac OS. One of the big fall of WhatsApp is that your messages are not saved on the cloud and also if you want to use the web version, the App on your phone has to be connected to the internet. With Telegram you can move in-between platforms seamlessly and still your messages are synced. There are plenty advantages i would have liked to discuss but the image below will tell you all you need to know.

http://tektile..com.ng/2015/12/why-telegram-is-better-than-whatsapp.html
Just want us to patronise your blog iranu
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by rattlesnake(m): 4:28pm On Dec 27, 2015
Television nko?

1 Like

Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Chrylich(m): 4:28pm On Dec 27, 2015
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Kx: 4:29pm On Dec 27, 2015
To think that my mind went to "telegram" the type reportedly used for communication those days as in titanic cheesy

1 Like

Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by lonelydora: 4:30pm On Dec 27, 2015
Yes now.
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by minimoha: 4:30pm On Dec 27, 2015
Yea.....better by far
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by watchindelta(m): 4:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Booty4me: 4:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp

But not popular than Whatsapp wink wink wink wink
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by d33types: 4:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
That OP's image is very outdated..WhatsApp is way way better than when the image was first made.

And by the way ,must.everybody use telegram?this campaign to publicise this telegram abi telegraph has been on for a long time..there's nothing special about it apart from the group used limit...and maybe file sharing which Dropbox or other cloud storage services does far far better
Encryption is being highlighted as if their servers cannot be hacked..

Nor be by force oooo
If its not your time,,it's not your time..

1 Like

Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
franciskaine:
pls remove Skype from ur list of trash. Skype call is d best anyday anytime.
Not wen u living in Naija
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by allisonluvsu(m): 4:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
ok
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by airsaylongcon: 4:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
Truth is while I'm a huge proponent of Telegram and user it for really stealth super encrypted communication, the absence of VOIP means that I still have to keep whatsapp to make calls to my peeps abroad. I like heck love telegram but low take up in Nigeria means that I've got to keep it alongside whatsapp. Would be good to see telegram pick up in Nigeria. That way we can unhook ourselves from being over reliant on Facebook. Aside from whatsapp, I do not share my phone number with any other Facebook business. I like my privacy like that
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by airsaylongcon: 4:36pm On Dec 27, 2015
Emeskhalifa:

Step up to faster networks like smile, spectranet or swift. Enjoy crystal clear voice and video calls with Skype and whatsapp
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by sirwilly1(m): 4:37pm On Dec 27, 2015
Can someone give me a detailed info of how to use skype? I have the app but have never tried it out. Does it need credit for calls or just data?
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Booty4me: 4:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
Op you should hav e listed the advantages of telegram..

Telegram is like SMS and email combined -fast,
versatile and powerful. You can send messages, photos, videos and files of any type (doc, zip, mp3, etc) to people who are in your phone contacts and have Telegram. You can also create groups for up to 200 people. With Telegram you can do all of this on any number of your devices, both mobile and desktop.
It has over 4 million users which have been in the
running with Whatsapp Messenger. Whatsapp took a chance and defeat the 2Go Messenger in the media world.
In the next few years, I won't predict what will happen between Whatsapp and Telegram messenger.
Here are Some Comparative features of the Telegram Messenger
1. It's Free forever, compared to the Whatsapp Messenger that give a year trial.
2. It allows unlimited chat upload while Whatsapp Messenger allowed 16MB chat upload limit.
3. You messages can be accessed with multiple device on Telegram Messenger.
4. No ads, No subscription fee and Free as I stated above.
5. It's available for all platform, which also includes your old Java phones, i.e Nokia Xpress music, Nokia C1 and others
6. You also have the chance to select themes as well as backgrounds when chatting. And you get the chance to use your own username as well as display picture.
It works with even the weakest mobile connection, it is very fast, even with your 2G network. And your messages are compressed to the best minimum byte possible. So if you ask me Telegram is the best messaging app like Whatsapp I have ever come across and it is being recommended for anyone.

4 Likes

Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by ifycent2: 4:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
whatapps is far better dan telegram.....
telegram blocked sum loophole via dem....
but whatapps loophole is open.......
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Bollinger(m): 4:44pm On Dec 27, 2015
I was shocked when I heard the way Nigerian's use watsapp. You have to subscribe to it through a service provider. . WTF? It's supposed to be free isn't it? Or at least somewhat free.
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by mashnino(m): 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
millionboi:
Op hw much where u paid to post dis?

I am not paid anything ooo.. Just tut i shld let the public knw..
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by WisdomTank: 4:55pm On Dec 27, 2015
I think I will have to download this Telegram and give it a trial. The hype about it I need to scrutinize.

Check my signature out for your building POP ceiling, Wall Screeding and Pillar Designs.
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Ussyyn(m): 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2015
link to download?
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 27, 2015
Emeskhalifa:

I use Skype often to call both local and foreign peeps. U can try it out.
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Cutehector(m): 5:16pm On Dec 27, 2015
Fraih:
Yea, telegram Rocks! especially that it can send applications among others.
since fraih has gvn her vote of confidence on telegram, then it must be good cool...
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by danidee10(m): 5:20pm On Dec 27, 2015
Telegram is for the geeks na....very secure cool
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by kulekaa(m): 5:22pm On Dec 27, 2015
zzzzy:
true
all I c is a contented dude
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by miqos02(m): 5:23pm On Dec 27, 2015
ok
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 27, 2015
I wonder why this made front page for the second time in one year.
Anyway, with a name like telegram, the program is destined to become obsolete in a short time. Don't bother yourself, Whatsapp is number one from now till Facebook loses popularity.
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by obxddon(m): 5:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
MizMyColi:
Telegram has the password feature...meaning no one can access your messages even if your phone isn't under lock lock key.

You can send large vide files too.

Just downloaded it and installed.......Can I add you ??
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by obxddon(m): 5:41pm On Dec 27, 2015
Some one add me on telegram make me too follow test am...............
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Seequadry(m): 5:46pm On Dec 27, 2015
I just installed it....it has a lot of better options compare to wat whatsap is giving us.....only if i can confuse my group to move our official school group to this

@Cxcorfield is my username
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Toks2008(m): 5:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
mrbillz:
Telegram is cool. wonder why its not popular

The owner never join....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Is Giving 100% Bonus On All Data Plans ( 3GB Now N1000) / The Code To Continue Browsing With Money When U Used Up Your MTN Data. / How To Add Numbers To Airtel Family And Friends 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.