Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp (32092 Views)

Telegram Is Way Better Than Whatsapp / [pics] Google Allo Better Than Whatsapp: See Reasons / Telegram Is Down???(frebies Members) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by damzdams007: 5:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
All watin I kwn b say whatsapp na d best ooooo

1 Like

Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Toks2008(m): 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
mashnino:
I mean telegram is just everything an instant messenger is suppose to be. I discovered telegram when it was still in beta stage and ever since then i was hooked. I can't say it is better designed than WhatsApp but what I can say is that it has more features than WhatsApp. Some of the new features WhatsApp is rolling out have been in Telegram for months some of which are extended number of people per group to 1000, end-to-end encryption etc. Not withstanding, WhatsApp have some advantages over Telegram like Voice calls, more users and some minute features.

One thing they both share in common is "Instant Messaging" but how they handle their users is different. Both WhatsApp and Telegram are available for all mobile platforms and they both have web versions and then Telegram took it up further my developing native applications for all desktop platforms i.e Linux, Windows and Mac OS. One of the big fall of WhatsApp is that your messages are not saved on the cloud and also if you want to use the web version, the App on your phone has to be connected to the internet. With Telegram you can move in-between platforms seamlessly and still your messages are synced. There are plenty advantages i would have liked to discuss but the image below will tell you all you need to know.

http://tektile..com.ng/2015/12/why-telegram-is-better-than-whatsapp.html

The owner must pay you,Seun and the mod wey carry this com front page o cos anything wey naija people embrace don blow.
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by mashnino(m): 5:59pm On Dec 27, 2015
Toks2008:

The owner must pay you,Seun and the mod wey carry this com front page o cos anything wey naija people embrace don blow.

How i wish say dem go pay

I am happy people are testing it out..
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Fraih(f): 6:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
Cutehector:
since fraih has gvn her vote of confidence on telegram, then it must be good cool...
Lol, i recommend telegram to all, its cool.
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by ITbomb(m): 6:44pm On Dec 27, 2015
obxddon:
Some one add me on telegram make me too follow test am...............0703
You can create a username and be dropping it in public like this instead of dropping your number.
Just search for @ITyUNIT and add me
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Millz404(m): 6:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
Em... Add me for testing.08164122654.. I no wan reach der e cum be only me for d app
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by mashnino(m): 7:04pm On Dec 27, 2015
Millz404:
Em... Add me for testing.08164122654.. I no wan reach der e cum be only me for d app

Stop dropping ur number.. Instead drop ur username.. Spammers are trapping your number already..
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 27, 2015
Thanks for this info I'm downloading it right away
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Barywhyte(m): 7:45pm On Dec 27, 2015
Telegram, for me, is better. But the cloud thing is not an advantage. Only the tech gurus understand that.
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by enigmatique(m): 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2015
mrbillz:
Telegram is cool. wonder why its not popular
WhatsApp was popularized and became a hit in Nigeria when Nokia introduced it as one of the factory-installed apps on some of its phones. So, maybe Telegram has to strike a deal like that too to get a boost in popularity in Naija.

2 Likes

Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by jimklef(m): 8:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
wen u die all dis will go offline,,,,,
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 27, 2015
Barywhyte:
Telegram, for me, is better. But the cloud thing is not an advantage. Only the tech gurus understand that.
That's not a problem as it's very secure. You can even password your messages
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Barywhyte(m): 9:00pm On Dec 27, 2015
asuustrike2009:

That's not a problem as it's very secure. You can even password your messages

It is. A system is as secure as those who design it. That's not my point tho. Imagine putting a sensitive personal conversation on cloud. Cloud technology put people in precarious situation. You are NOT the owner of that sensitive data anymore encrypted or not.
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by olubenjazzy(m): 9:27pm On Dec 27, 2015
Ay04z:
Hw many app person go dey use for phone self..see..i have ucweb for downloading,opera for browsing and whatsapp for chating ...all dis bbm,instangram,skype and telegram na trash as long as u re a very busy type.

Thought I was the only one o.
I only use whatsapp and fone browser on my fone.
Others are just dr. #time
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by hob(m): 9:32pm On Dec 27, 2015
First time of hearing telegram
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Youngzedd(m): 9:38pm On Dec 27, 2015
Ay04z:
Hw many app person go dey use for phone self..see..i have ucweb for downloading,opera for browsing and whatsapp for chating ...all dis bbm,instangram,skype and telegram na trash as long as u re a very busy type.

Skype is mainly for business. To me, it's the best.
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 27, 2015
Add me up @kallmemrb

Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
Barywhyte:

It is. A system is as secure as those who design it. That's not my point tho. Imagine putting a sensitive personal conversation on cloud. Cloud technology put people in precarious situation. You are NOT the owner of that sensitive data anymore encrypted or not.
But you can delete them without trace. They even have secret chat
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by damesilver(m): 10:34pm On Dec 27, 2015
The app is not bad. This is a fitting alternative for iPad users with no access to whatsapp.
My pleasure to meet new users...contact @ davyshire.
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by ikedi94(m): 11:16pm On Dec 27, 2015
who telegraph help? undecidedwho telegraph help?
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by mrbillz(m): 11:22pm On Dec 27, 2015
enigmatique:

WhatsApp was popularized and became a hit in Nigeria when Nokia introduced it as one of the factory-installed apps on some of its phones. So, maybe Telegram has to strike a deal like that too to get a boost in popularity in Naija.
THAT WOULD REALLY HELP. I STARTED USING THE APP AROUND JULY AND ITS BEEN A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE SO FAR!

1 Like

Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by mrbillz(m): 11:29pm On Dec 27, 2015
Toks2008:

The owner never join....
LOL
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by iamkneeyi: 1:10am On Dec 28, 2015
Telegram is far better than nonsense whatsapp.
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Barywhyte(m): 7:13am On Dec 28, 2015
asuustrike2009:
But you can delete them without trace. They even have secret chat

Delete? Without trace? Hmm. Have u ever heard of the word REDUNDANCY in IT b4?
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by dcolumbus001: 7:55am On Dec 28, 2015
some1 please drop a link so I can download the apk file
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 28, 2015
Barywhyte:

Delete? Without trace? Hmm. Have u ever heard of the word REDUNDANCY in IT b4?
Yes. Check their website for more instead of this your grammar. If you don't want cloud message you can opt in for secret message as it deletes immediately. It has being tested and confirm already
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Barywhyte(m): 9:59am On Dec 28, 2015
asuustrike2009:

Yes. Check their website for more instead of this your grammar. If you don't want cloud message you can opt in for secret message as it deletes immediately. It has being tested and confirm already

What's redundancy? You claim to know it. So what is it? By the way, I once used it and its nice better app ok.
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 28, 2015
Barywhyte:

What's redundancy? You claim to know it. So what is it? By the way, I once used it and its nice better app ok.
Are you trying to say it's not useful or that's not needed
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by prophetfire: 11:26am On Dec 28, 2015
The telegram I know is that nipost telegram we used at post office when we were in primary school to send messages to our brother abroad begging for Pocket money.
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Barywhyte(m): 11:58am On Dec 28, 2015
asuustrike2009:
Are you trying to say it's not useful or that's not needed
U aren't going to answer my question are u?
Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by Horlufemi(m): 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2015
Hangouts is better

1 Like

Re: Telegram Is Better Than Whatsapp by kabaka1: 5:50am On Dec 29, 2015
asuustrike2009:

Telegram is more secure than whatsapp.

How did u deduce that conclusion?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Is Giving 100% Bonus On All Data Plans ( 3GB Now N1000) / The Code To Continue Browsing With Money When U Used Up Your MTN Data. / How To Add Numbers To Airtel Family And Friends 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.