Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

The Rituals Of Christianity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rituals Of Christianity (22007 Views)

Do Money Rituals Actually Work? / Which Hymn Or Song Represents The True Essence Of Christianity / Did Allah Help The Spread Of Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by Smartsyn(m): 11:24am On Jan 17, 2016
You don bear your mind abi?

Good
Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by allanphash7(m): 11:25am On Jan 17, 2016
I dont even believe in the christanity itself
Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by kamez(m): 11:25am On Jan 17, 2016
that 2nd pic na pure mountain of fire members..
Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by pulsa(m): 11:33am On Jan 17, 2016
cckris:

I was 'baptised' as an infant, and I CHOOSE to become a Christian after graduation, and was properly BAPTIZED, that is immersed, howsoever immersion can be defined, just like David Luiz, former Chelsea defender. That's the way to go, the only True Way of Life.
. na una problem be that na no dey use logic, what he is saying in essense is if the Europeans had not colonised Africa there will not be up to 1 million Christians in Africa today you probably will not have been a christian.

2 Likes

Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by aimuan(m): 11:33am On Jan 17, 2016
As far as am concern JEHOVAH'S WITNESS is the best Christian religion.they don't do any of the rituals op mentioned.

2 Likes

Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by AreaFada2: 11:35am On Jan 17, 2016
Freemanan:

Christianity is not a religion. What is it sir?

A way of life.
Love being the highest commandment, not rituals. grin cheesy

So that , a Christian should be a good human being, aiming to follow the love and compassion of Christ.

1 Like

Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by timmyblast(m): 11:46am On Jan 17, 2016
sapiosexual1:

I'm not too old though but I think these "shout Jesus 3 times ", "shout the loudest amen " ish began in this generation. I still don't understand what brought about it, we surely haven't been like the Berean Christians who searched the scriptures when this practise was introduced. We're all guilty of this.
please open ur Bible to psalm 22.
Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 17, 2016
Defenders and Strikers I sight all of una grin
Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 17, 2016
hmm
Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by badnature: 11:55am On Jan 17, 2016
that is religious people and not Christian
Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by saintmark88(m): 11:56am On Jan 17, 2016
Christianity is not a religion it is a way of life... Thts the we Christians keep deceiving ourselves with, if u call it religion, how does it affect your relationship with God. I am sure all of us Christians, once in your lifetime we have filled important forms where we are asked which religion we belong to, and we easily fill Christianity,after filling Christianity in a form to get what you want, some idiots will come out and turn the opposite way n say Christianity isn't a religion, "its a personal relationship with God, its a way of life"... So those that call it a religion dnt have personal relationships with God, it is the English word a mere Word tht now determines who has a personal relationship with God, I am sorry to say Christians of this generation are a bunch of hypocrites....a bunch of pretenders.....I am sorry to say, Christians instead of building morals we focus on building structures, and making money and we r all guilty..... So stop this stupid argument abt Christianity bin a religion or not....it doesn't matter........

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by cruzyteejay(m): 11:59am On Jan 17, 2016
in as much as am a christian.......christianity is a religion,just like mohammed brought about islam,so did jesus bring it tothe world,from my own understanding.christianity is more like a community whose founder is christ,and to be in this community,you have to be christ-like........ok

and now to you op,
some of the methodical worship of the catholics is as a result of the old testament while some are from the new testament

the aggresive prayer part could be traced to christ himself,when he prayed and the sweat that fellfrom his face were as thick as blood,such won't occur when you pray the big man's way...........this can be related to animals also,let the animals here be demons,when you see a goat eating your yams,why do you have to shout at them?because if you thread softly with them you wnt get your desired result

leh me stop here

4 Likes

Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by cruzyteejay(m): 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2016
pulsa:
. na una problem be that na no dey use logic, what he is saying in essense is if the Europeans had not colonised Africa there will not be up to 1 million Christians in Africa today you probably will not have been a christian.

christianity was spread by european missionaries and not by colonial masters

2 Likes

Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by winner01(m): 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2016
Christians, all your questions answered here. Its free and educative.

http://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/booklets

God bless you.
Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by Bollinger(m): 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2016
malvisguy212:
Christianity is not even a religion,many churches have miss the point, Do you really believe that God favors your denomination over others? Quite the contrary, if your denomination professes to be “the only true way”, I can pretty well guarantee that it isn’t! Do you think that God’s intention was to have thousands of different denominations of His Church? They can’t all be right, and more than likely they’re all wrong.

Many reference in the old testament and Jesus statement indicate to us, God hate religion.

Isaiah 1:13-14 states, “Bring no more
vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons
and Sabbaths, the calling of assemblie.
it is iniquity…Your new moons and your
appointed feasts my soul hateth: they
are a trouble unto me; I am weary to
bear them.”

David prays to God in Psalm 40:6,
“Sacrifice and offering thou didst not
desire;…Burnt offering and sin offering
hast thou not required.”

Amos 5:21 says, “I hate, I despise your
feast days, and I will not smell (the odors of their sacrifices) in your solemn
assemblies.”

You see, the Israelites (Jews) of the Old
Testament had forgotten the relationship with God and became dependent upon the religious system of works and sacrifice and offerings expecting spiritual redemption or to appease God. But in these passages we see God Himself saying, “I don’t care how you shake and dance, I’m not interested in your religious activities, I want your heart.” In fact that is exactly what He expresses here in Isaiah 29:13, “ Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honor me, but have removed their heart far from me …”(Jesus quoted this passage in Matt. 15:8-9 adding “…in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men .”)

I wonder why you don't have a thousand likes for that logical post? Anyway to add to it, if a man is born in a remote area of the world and he has never heard of Jesus but lives a pious and good life, are we saying that when he dies he will automatically go to hell? That makes absolutely no sense at all considering that the bible says one must accept Jesus and be born again to enter into the kingdom of heaven.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by Pejapaul: 12:05pm On Jan 17, 2016
Bro, the way you present this topic is unacceptable, if you don't understand any activity, why not do research and know more.
Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by philiancoop(m): 12:07pm On Jan 17, 2016
Rituals is from the word rite. It is simple the regulations in doing things. The ritual in a matriculation ceremony for example is one and different from that in a military procession. So rites are everywhere and they are normal. But people now think that these rites are the ends of the ceremonies in themselves while in truth they are just means to the end

1 Like

Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by asamaigho(m): 12:12pm On Jan 17, 2016
sacred heart cathedral...warri...hmmm
Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by ogaprime(m): 12:18pm On Jan 17, 2016
pulsa:

Lie oo, biggest lie of the month. Even if there was nothing like colonisation, as long as there are sets of people in a place, christianity will get there because we christians have been commissioned to go into world to preach the gospel in every nation and every corners of the earth.

To your comment, christianity will still come to africa but might take time to come and christians will surpass 50million christians and not 1 million. Thank you...

1 Like

Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by F22RAPTOR(m): 12:21pm On Jan 17, 2016
malvisguy212:
Christianity is not even a religion,many churches have miss the point, Do you really believe that God favors your denomination over others? Quite the contrary, if your denomination professes to be “the only true way”, I can pretty well guarantee that it isn’t! Do you think that God’s intention was to have thousands of different denominations of His Church? They can’t all be right, and more than likely they’re all wrong.

Many reference in the old testament and Jesus statement indicate to us, God hate religion.

Isaiah 1:13-14 states, “Bring no more
vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons
and Sabbaths, the calling of assemblie.
it is iniquity…Your new moons and your
appointed feasts my soul hateth: they
are a trouble unto me; I am weary to
bear them.”

David prays to God in Psalm 40:6,
“Sacrifice and offering thou didst not
desire;…Burnt offering and sin offering
hast thou not required.”

Amos 5:21 says, “I hate, I despise your
feast days, and I will not smell (the odors of their sacrifices) in your solemn
assemblies.”

You see, the Israelites (Jews) of the Old
Testament had forgotten the relationship with God and became dependent upon the religious system of works and sacrifice and offerings expecting spiritual redemption or to appease God. But in these passages we see God Himself saying, “I don’t care how you shake and dance, I’m not interested in your religious activities, I want your heart.” In fact that is exactly what He expresses here in Isaiah 29:13, “ Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honor me, but have removed their heart far from me …”(Jesus quoted this passage in Matt. 15:8-9 adding “…in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men .”)
kudos bro, i have been thinking maybe i was the only one observing this. We dont love, we despise and look down on each other, hate on each other, show tribalism and injustice and yet claim we are serving God with all these funny doctrines, time-wasting activities, bogus teachings and manipulative messages meant to enrich some and control some, its so shameful. God looks at the heart and judges accordingly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by charlsecy(m): 12:24pm On Jan 17, 2016
sapiosexual1:

My brother in Christ, i hope you do understand what a ritual is in literal definition and I hop you also understand your bible. All you mentioned above except for 9 & 10 are biblical injunctions. I don't see how they constitute a ritual.
Being Biblical doesn't mean an act cannot be a ritual. Feet washing is a ritual, even though it is Biblical.

sapiosexual1:
What does the bible say: Jesus says in Matthew 6: 7-8 , we shouldnt engage in vain repetitive prayers for our father in heaven knows what we want already even before we ask. {paraphrased}..
Matthew 26: 39-44 NKJV;

“O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.”

What did Jesus said the same words in prayers many times?
Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by Timoleon(m): 12:26pm On Jan 17, 2016
malvisguy212:
you cannot see it because you do not belong to the kingdom of God. You can call us christian BUT we called ourselves "BRETHREN" because we belong to ONE family. When the disciples ask Jesus to teach them how to pray, Jesus begin with the word " OUR FATHER" why ? Because God is the Father to whoever is saying this prayer, why dint Jesus say "MY father"? But instead OUR FATHER, the moment you say our father, you become my brother in christ. That what Christianity is all about.

even cultists call themselves brethren as in brotherhood...so?
Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 17, 2016
Today's Christianity has been politicized, when we have pastors as mini gods what do you expect? So much imagery in the catholic church and what have you. People manipulate scriptures for their selfish gains. It's only those that worship God in truth and spirit that will find him.
Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by okedoyinolabisi(f): 12:31pm On Jan 17, 2016
well, here's my view, although I don't encourage the vain repetition of prayers or the dramatic show in most churches, I still believe in apostolic prayers bcoz of the following examples in the Bible

when peter was arrested by herod, it was recorded in d bible dat the church was zealously praying for him and they didn't stop till he was released ( act 12) the kind of prayer dat will make God send his angels is not just an unserious and gentleman prayer commonly found amidst we xtian youths ds days

Also Jesus himself prayed in the garden of gesthemane and his sweat were as great drops of blood( Luke 22: 45), wat manner of prayer cud dat av been? and lastly, don't forget the Bible says resist the devil and he shall flee, the kingdom of God suffereth violence and only the violent take it by force......not physical violence tho.

but above all...those that will worship God must worship in spirit and in truth for the Father seeketh such....ds is the paramount

1 Like

Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by SporaD8: 12:31pm On Jan 17, 2016
Freemanan:

Christianity is not a religion. What is it sir?
A relationship.
All Religions are man's endless effort to connect with the creator using their limited knowledge on their own term.
The Old Testament on the other is God's way of reaching out to man; but then Man's heart is not atonement with God!
Christianity, However, is a two-way relationship with God. A personal experience where both man and God reach out to one another. You are not yet a Christian if you've never had an encounter God!

3 Likes

Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by okedoyinolabisi(f): 12:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
cruzyteejay:
in as much as am a christian.......christianity is a religion,just like mohammed brought about islam,so did jesus bring it tothe world,from my own understanding.christianity is more like a community whose founder is christ,and to be in this community,you have to be christ-like........ok

and now to you op,
some of the methodical worship of the catholics is as a result of the old testament while some are from the new testament

the aggresive prayer part could be traced to christ himself,when he prayed and the sweat that fellfrom his face were as thick as blood,such won't occur when you pray the big man's way...........this can be related to animals also,let the animals here be demons,when you see a goat eating your yams,why do you have to shout at them?because if you thread softly with them you wnt get your desired result

leh me stop here

uve sed it all

1 Like

Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by pulsa(m): 12:39pm On Jan 17, 2016
cruzyteejay:

christianity was spread by european missionaries and not by colonial masters
. European missionaries who came with military forces, ask any old person you know they practiced intense cleansing of traditionalist, discriminated against them and put down insurrections which sought to change the status quo as they like it.

3 Likes

Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by charlsecy(m): 12:40pm On Jan 17, 2016
SporaD8:

A relationship.
Muslims also believe Islam is a way of life... not just a religion. These are just word plays.

2 Likes

Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by pulsa(m): 12:41pm On Jan 17, 2016
ogaprime:

Lie oo, biggest lie of the month. Even if there was nothing like colonisation, as long as there are sets of people in a place, christianity will get there because we christians have been commissioned to go into world to preach the gospel in every nation and every corners of the earth.

To your comment, christianity will still come to africa but might take time to come and christians will surpass 50million christians and not 1 million. Thank you...
. Christians will still be in the minority region like they are in asia

2 Likes

Re: The Rituals Of Christianity by aluko360(m): 12:54pm On Jan 17, 2016
Goshen360:
O ya pe oruko Jesu l'emeta, ina emi mimo l'emeje, ara orun o....as if the church is a shrine.... grin grin grin. How did we get to this point in the "Nigeria kind' of churchianity?

Funny you!

Laff wan kill me for here.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prophet Andrew Ejimadu Seer 1: "I Bathed Man With Money, He's Now A Millionaire" / Bristow Crash Survivors Testify That T.B Joshua’s Morning Water Saved Them / Pastor Adeboye Denies Calling Tinubu On Phone Over Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.