Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,355 members, 7,957,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:25 AM

My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo (4738 Views)

I Need Toyota Carina E / My Toyota Carina 1998 Emit Black Smoke Thirstier Than A Vampire / Please Help Ooo Its My Carina E Again Ooo resolved/updated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by ogawisdom(m): 6:11am On Dec 28, 2015
OK it's been a while folks I had an issue with this my machine carina e 4afe engine auto, 1.6l

Now d problem, I have not been using ac in my car for over 6months BC d compressor leaks, I decided to change d compressor 3 wks ago and everything got to normal in terms of ac performance. D issue now is dt my engine dies out once my ac is on and I stop the car in traffic ie very poor idle . my rpm gets so low on traffic with ac on dt d engine switches off on its own. If I switch off my ac d engine will idle fine in traffic. D engine runs fine with ac on when I am accelerating or provided d car is moving.
I have taken d car to my mechanic who increased d engine rpm to no avail, I told him dt my research showed he shld clean d throttle body but he said he doesn't kw wat I am talking abt angry n he has been a mechanic for 12 yrs

Oga gazzuz, Siena n co abeg make una help. Attached is d pic of d ride

NB: I have been running d car with a CEL for 2yrs without any issue having tried to scan d car but my scan port is faulty. I also replaced my o2 sensor with toks but CEL remains though it doesn't give me any issues. leave out scanning hv tried dt to no avail, am left with manual trouble shooting. My engine does nt short oil between service n no black smoke infact its mileage is 187,373km (na still tear rubber engine) n its factory fitted engine.

I have to quit my chilling ac angry until this issue is resolved

Mod no fp pls

Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by autofixng: 6:28am On Dec 28, 2015
The throttle body is refer to as injector mouth by the local Mech. Try service the injector nozzle as well. Replace the air filter and also check the fuel pump pressure and filter. Servicing all these parts will definitely resolve ur problem.
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by ogawisdom(m): 6:34am On Dec 28, 2015
autofixng:
The throttle body is refer to as injector mouth by the local Mech. Try service the injector nozzle as well. Replace the air filter and also check the fuel pump pressure and filter. Servicing all these parts will definitely resolve ur problem.

OK dt was wat d poor mechanic told me he kws, he wanted to service d injector but I told him its throttle body n he said there is nothing like dt n he is 12yrs in d biz good to kw nw. My air filter is new, I will look into other areas u raised. Compliments of d season
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by chukel(m): 7:49am On Dec 28, 2015
Ur compressor is working with so much resistance. Look towards ur compressor
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by honmusa(m): 8:09am On Dec 28, 2015
since your car was working fine before the addition of the Ac definitely the culprit that will be responsible for any issue is the compressor.
Your ECU cannot sense the presence of the Ac in the power train hence fail to adjust the engine power correspondingly to accommodate the extra compressor load.
check the original compressor probably your car is supposed to use automatic compressor but manual is used instead.

1 Like

Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by Lexusgs430: 8:11am On Dec 28, 2015
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by Lexusgs430: 8:12am On Dec 28, 2015
Was the ac factory fitted or Kazeem fitted?
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by uboma(m): 9:33am On Dec 28, 2015
First, I'll like to ask this,
Is the AC system in your car factory fitted? Or was it post factory fitted?
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by mayor2013: 9:41am On Dec 28, 2015
honmusa:
since your car was working fine before the addition of the Ac definitely the culprit that will be responsible for any issue is the compressor.
Your ECU cannot sense the presence of the Ac in the power train hence fail to adjust the engine power correspondingly to accommodate the extra compressor load.
check the original compressor probably your car is supposed to use automatic compressor but manual is used instead.

You have said it all
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:25am On Dec 28, 2015
There's nothing wrong with your compressor.

The idle speed valve is not allowing enough air in the intake to compensate for the extra load when the a.c is turned on. Clean the valve and ensure it moves freely by hand before re-installing.

Would have sent you pics of how to do it but I'm not in the workshop now.

2 Likes

Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by nigeriancuban: 11:14am On Dec 28, 2015
ogawisdom:

OK dt was wat d poor mechanic told me he kws, he wanted to service d injector but I told him its throttle body n he said there is nothing like dt n he is 12yrs in d biz good to kw nw. My air filter is new, I will look into other areas u raised. Compliments of d season
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by royallord1(m): 11:47am On Dec 28, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

The idle speed valve is not allowing enough air in the intake to compensate for the extra load when the a.c is turned on. Clean the valve and ensure it moves freely by hand before re-installing.

boss please send d pic... wen u get to ur office...
you would b amazed at d number of person suffering from this.... my electrician created an alternative mechanism to raise d engine fire saying that to get it to former standard is not possible...
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2015
The throttle body is called 'actuator' by kazeems.

Your problem likely revolves around this area.
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:58pm On Dec 28, 2015
ogawisdom:
he doesn't kw wat I am talking abt angry n he has been a mechanic for 12 yrs

Boss change mechanic.
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by ogawisdom(m): 2:07pm On Dec 29, 2015
Lexusgs430:
Was the ac factory fitted or Kazeem fitted?

Lol factory fitted ac but kazeen changed compressor
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by ogawisdom(m): 2:20pm On Dec 29, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Tnks bro send d pic as soon as u can
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by royallord1(m): 11:28am On Jan 05, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

seasons greetings to u sir! we patiently await the pics ... please sir
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by ColeworldMD(m): 3:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

thanks for the enlightenment. Pls I want to buy one DC Honda Accord. The dealer told me the engine & compressor are fine but the pipes are leaking. Pls how big of an issue is fixing leaking pipes or AC in general & what is the cost? It's my first car & I don't want to buy a car that will bringing too many problems. Thanks Gazzuzz
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
ColeworldMD:
thanks for the enlightenment. Pls I want to buy one DC Honda Accord. The dealer told me the engine & compressor are fine but the pipes are leaking. Pls how big of an issue is fixing leaking pipes or AC in general & what is the cost? It's my first car & I don't want to buy a car that will bringing too many problems. Thanks Gazzuzz

No dealer will sell a car with a non functional a.c because of pipes. Pipes can be welded easily and system recharged with less than 5k in some cases (shabby job but a.c will work). Deduct the price of the entire a.c system if you want to buy the car. (about 80k)

2 Likes

Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by ColeworldMD(m): 12:38am On Jan 06, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

No dealer will sell a car with a non functional a.c because of pipes. Pipes can be welded easily and system recharged with less than 5k in some cases (shabby job but a.c will work). Deduct the price of the entire a.c system if you want to buy the car. (about 80k)
God bless u bro. Deducting price of a.c system is the best option.
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by ogawisdom(m): 8:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
Update

I travel with this ride to and fro for d Xmas and cover abt 500km throughout d period. I avoided d ac to avoid stalling at idle but I discovered dt my car still jerks and engine light blinks at arnd 100 to 120kmper hr speed n stall thereafter sometimes or continue at other times.

I have cleaned d nozzle and injector as advised, I noticed some improvement but symptom persists.

I want to replace my fuse and relay box BC sometimes d engine fuse unhooks n I have to press it down in d box for d engine to start.

Mechanic advice me to change my spark plugs dt it leaks, plus all plug wire. He insists my fuel filter n pump are okay but I am persuade to change them to.

Gazzuz u guys shld advice further
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by ogawisdom(m): 8:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
ogawisdom:
Update

I travel with this ride to and fro for d Xmas and cover abt 500km throughout d period. I avoided d ac to avoid stalling at idle but I discovered dt my car still jerks and engine light blinks at arnd 100 to 120kmper hr speed n stall thereafter sometimes or continue at other times.

I have cleaned d nozzle and injector as advised, I noticed some improvement but symptom persists.

I want to replace my fuse and relay box BC sometimes d engine fuse unhooks n I have to press it down in d box for d engine to start - d cut n join my electrician did in dt box angry sha n he will b dragging with me dt he can work it n no need for a change.

Mechanic advice me to change my spark plugs dt it leaks, plus all plug wire. He insists my fuel filter n pump are okay but I am persuade to change them to.

Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by ogawisdom(m): 8:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
Update1

I want to replace my fuse and relay box BC sometimes d engine fuse unhooks n I have to press it down in d box for d engine to start - d cut n join my electrician did in dt box angry sha n he will b dragging with me dt he can work it n no need for a change.

Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by mayor2013: 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
ogawisdom:
Update

I want to replace my fuse and relay box BC sometimes d engine fuse unhooks n I have to press it down in d box for d engine to start.

Engine light blinking is a sign of a serious misfire.misfire problem ranges from weak fuel pump, cloghed up fuel filter,dirty air filter,fouled spark plugs. Bad ignition coil. Bad speed reference sensor and many more. As for your IPDM. From your explanation you have to press a particular fuse for the car to start. Take out that particular fuse and trace it with the wiring digram you have inside the cover of the IPDM. Check for burnt traces all round. Something is going on there

In all habe you bothered running a scan
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by ogawisdom(m): 8:52pm On Jan 06, 2016
mayor2013:

Engine light blinking is a sign of a serious misfire.misfire problem ranges from weak fuel pump, cloghed up fuel filter,dirty air filter,fouled spark plugs. Bad ignition coil. Bad speed reference sensor and many more. As for your IPDM. From your explanation you have to press a particular fuse for the car to start. Take out that particular fuse and trace it with the wiring digram you have inside the cover of the IPDM. Check for burnt traces all round. Something is going on there

I have tried to scan it but d diagnostic plug seems bad as most scanners can't recognize it, am left with manual trouble shooting angry
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by ogawisdom(m): 8:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
mayor2013:

I have tried to scan it but d diagnostic plug in my car seems bad as most scanners can't recognize it, am left with manual trouble shooting angry besides d car is 96 i guess cheesy

Yeap I press a particular fuse for my engine to start in d fuse/relay box sometimes after stalling sometimes as d fuse unhooks
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by mayor2013: 9:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
ogawisdom:

I have tried to scan it but d diagnostic plug in my car seems bad as most scanners can't recognize it, am left with manual trouble shooting angry besides d car is 96 i guess cheesy

Yeap I press a particular fuse for my engine to start in d fuse/relay box sometimes after stalling sometimes as d fuse unhooks

If I May know what type of scan tool was being used?
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by ogawisdom(m): 10:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
mayor2013:

If I May know what type of scan tool was being used?

Can't really tell but it looked like an enlarged laptop tongue hope this serves as clue for u to kw d type, I will be more than happy if it can b scanned, I reside in abia state
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by mayor2013: 7:45am On Jan 07, 2016
ogawisdom:

Can't really tell but it looked like an enlarged laptop tongue hope this serves as clue for u to kw d type, I will be more than happy if it can b scanned, I reside in abia state

If your obd2 port actually powers up the diagnostic tester & the right details for the car such as engine type, regoin and so on is not input into the device. You can have a communication link issue. Is thr scan tool black and red in colour?
Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:29pm On Jan 07, 2016
Ogawisdom.

Replace all sparkplugs and if there's any leaking wire replace it.

1 Like

Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by ogawisdom(m): 11:33am On Jan 09, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
Ogawisdom.

Replace all sparkplugs and if there's any leaking wire replace it.

Wow this seems to ve solved my problem though i am still test running it. Gazzuz u sabi work ooo

Update 2
I finally went to alaoji in aba n bought four original spark plug wires first grade toks n four ngk laser iridium spark plugs. Our mechanics r clowns am sorry to say this do u kw dt all along none could start troubleshooting from d plug n its wire except d last one I met in Enugu.

D spark plug wire of my cylinder 2 is loose n didn't hook on d plug. All along I was using three cylinders on a 1.6l engine, no wonder d engine stalls when using ac n when my speed reaches 100km/hrs. I was literally running on 1.2l engine lipsrsealed

I changed all spark plugs n wires and I used my ac throughout yesterday n d car has not stalled yet. Tot I shld share so other car owners can learn, by d way tnks to all dt contributed. One love n all d best to car talk family as we hustle in 2016 grin

1 Like

Re: My Carina E Has Started Again Ooo by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 09, 2016
Good to know the problem has been solved.
I like it when people give feedback.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Fix Your Sturborn And Problematic Vehicles Easily In Abuja / Can I Renew My Driver's License?expired 10 Months Ago / Lamborghini, Ferrari: A Rare Peek Inside The Factories Where They Are Born.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.