Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,262 members, 7,860,606 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:12 PM

Dasukigate Is ‘blood Money’ – Shettima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dasukigate Is ‘blood Money’ – Shettima (347 Views)

#DasukiGate: Is Obanikoro Speaking The Truth Or Seeking A Deal? / Dokpesi : Dasukigate Is Witch-hunt, Doesn’t Exist. The Cable. / Popular Female Blogger Recieved N240 Million From ‪#‎Dasukigate‬ ? SEE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dasukigate Is ‘blood Money’ – Shettima by elixirnigeria: 11:55am On Dec 28, 2015
Governor of Borno State, Kashim Shettima, said at the weekend that the money meant to buy arms to fight Boko Haram but which went into private pockets “is blood money.” This is even as he said two local government are still being controlled by Boko Haram.
Sambo Dasuki, former National Security Adviser (NSA), is facing trial for allegedly diverting security funds meant to equip the military to fight the insurgency in the North-East. Other prominent Nigerians are also being prosecuted for their roles in the arms deal (aka Dasukigate).
Hosting Mr. Ladan Salihu, the Director-General, Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRSC), in Maiduguri, Shettima said the “arms scandal” is a crime against humanity.
According to him, “the revelations from Dasukigate have shown that some sections of the northern political class and their children were all involved in this massive crime against humanity.
“This is blood money. What is the difference between all the revelations and the blood money (blood diamond) in Liberia and Sierra Leone and Congo? The money meant to prosecute the war on terror was inhumanly diverted while thousands of civilians and soldiers were killed,” Shettima said.
He called for speedy trial of the suspects. The governor also said the security situation in his state had improved.
“Six months ago, all the entry points into Maiduguri were inaccessible except to Kano,” he said.
“Months ago when I raised the issue of Boko Haram insurgency, I was called names and vilified, but I had to dare the tiger. I told the world what we were going through then in Maiduguri.
“I know by speaking out, I would face dire consequences, but I had the mandate of over six million people of Borno State to tell the world what was happening,” the governor said.
He noted that it was impossible to move 10 kilometres outside Maiduguri because Boko Haram had encircled the town.
“Twenty local government areas were under Boko Haram but thank God today, only two are not completely accessible, that is Abadam and Mobbar,” he revealed.
https://www.today.ng/news/national/58087/dasukigate-is-blood-money-shettima
Re: Dasukigate Is ‘blood Money’ – Shettima by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 28, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dasukigate Is ‘blood Money’ – Shettima by suxkill: 12:02pm On Dec 28, 2015
May my dasuki locate me.......

Some people chop but still deny it.

(1) (Reply)

My People, My People. / Electricity Tariff / Lai Mohammed Or Late Senator Chukwumerije

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.