Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,225 members, 7,839,188 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! (55052 Views)

After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Little Bags Away Again! / Photo: You Might Learn To Mind Your Business After Reading This... / You’ll Never Guess What’s Hidden Inside This Ordinary Shed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by clevadani: 7:44pm On Dec 28, 2015
Nice info op. Used to think they were foreign salt.
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by Aspiregreat: 7:45pm On Dec 28, 2015
grayht:
If ladies cant use it as "makeup" then its as good as useless!

Receive sense.
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by daylae(m): 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2015
is it the same with some drugs.
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by IAmNotYourMate: 7:47pm On Dec 28, 2015
Interesting
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by sabi159(m): 7:47pm On Dec 28, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
ClassCaptain:
I will still throw it away

Area I hail o, still on d local breed maras, do well o
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by EroticJane(f): 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2015
cool such a nice precious stones to keep
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by sabi159(m): 7:54pm On Dec 28, 2015
Legit matters for the thinking
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by danidee10(m): 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2015
NaLaugh:
8. Silica gel can also be taken out of the package and consumed with garri and real cold water in place of peanuts.

9. Silica gel can also be used if you run out of noodle spices.

Do NOT try this at home. You will not live to tell about the taste.

but i can try it at school or work right cheesy

2 Likes

Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by omojesu202(m): 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
NaLaugh:
8. Silica gel can also be taken out of the package and consumed with garri and real cold water in place of peanuts.

this how one guy was behaving in school then until he was expelled because he could not come out of probation

1 Like

Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by baba11(m): 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
If I'm not mistaken, this is exactly a chemical used in transformer too to drain the moisture content in the oil insulating the inner functionality of it.It's usually coloured but as it 'sucks' the moisture in it,the silica gel will gradually loosen its colour then change to whitish...

***as I was thought in school***** grin
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2015
Thanks vicostyles. I always threw them away. Now I know better.
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by viki84(m): 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2015
Nice piece of information
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by jbc2u(m): 8:09pm On Dec 28, 2015
nice one cool
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by somez(m): 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2015
God bless you. You were really referring to me bro.
osaslord500:
Some men shoe needs silica bag alot
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 28, 2015
Useful info.thanks Op
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by izutex007(m): 8:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
leke12:
Sure! Am aware of this, presently using it to prevent my certi from dampness

yet you dint share it wit us?
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by banio: 8:34pm On Dec 28, 2015
Make sense. Make sense
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by elblanco(m): 9:02pm On Dec 28, 2015
Quite true. Tried most of it cool
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by Lakayanah: 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2015
Tomorrow you will hear of new study of how these gels are the cause of a new deadly disease. Please throw them away before your babies eat them o. Enough bad news in Nigeria already.
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by GreatManBee: 9:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
vicostyles:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-2YLl_RfrHzA/VoFuvFiJRBI/AAAAAAAAAyQ/SzlBoakoCwY/s1600/Silicon%2Bbag.jpg[/img]

How many times have you chucked away those little silica bags that we find in almost every newly bought item?
How many times have you not actually even realised they were in your new package?
Perhaps they’re still lurking there now as we speak.
You may have thought the bags were useless once the product was out of transit, and the big DO NOT EAT on them might have freaked you out enough to bin them instantly.
But while you must of course never eat the gel, and the bags MUST be kept away from babies and animals (mainly because they are a choking hazard), the contents of the bags are not actually toxic.
The silica gel bags are filled with a substance called silicon dioxide, a non-toxic inert desiccant that has the power to dry out moisture.
So, it turns out we should be paying more attention to these tiny little bags.
Because, apparently, there’s a tonne of uses for them that you might never even have known about.
Here are the best ways you can use silica bags around the house:

You can save your drowned phone
It turns out rice isn’t the only way to save a phone you may have accidentally dropped down the toilet. Filling up a bowl with silica bags is apparently ’10 times more effective than rice’.

Save precious memories
Putting silica bags in a box of old photos will save them from any dampness – which can really ruin a lovely photo you wished to save forever to look back on over the years.

Protect your make-up
Putting a bag or two in your makeup bag will stop your powder-based makeup from going claggy and difficult to apply.

Put them in your gym bag to eliminate odour
The silica will absorb the excess moisture in your gym shoes after a workout – which is particularly handy since many of us go to the gym then leave our kit in the bag for the rest of the day. Or week. Bacteria thrives well in a moist environment, so by eliminating dampness the silica bags will help keep your gym-bag germ- and whiff-free. A win/win for all.

Keep your bath towels from smelling
Putting a few of these bags in between your bath towels can help prevent dampness and the smell that comes with it – leaving your bathroom smelling of nothing but air freshener and good times.

Keep your car windscreen clear
Pop a few on the dashboard to prevent moisture build-up that causes condensation on the inside of the windscreen. In winter, it will also help prevent freezing on the inside. May take a few days to become fully effective, so be patient.

Keep jewellery clean and shiny
Moisture leads to tarnishing and discolouration of silver. A couple of bags in your jewellery box will slow down the process.

http://www.fusiongists.com/2015/12/after-reading-this-youll-never-want-to.html
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by luckyboss(m): 9:24pm On Dec 28, 2015
just waiting to hear how to generate money with it...
If not for making money count me off.
THANKS.
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by banky222: 9:25pm On Dec 28, 2015
wunmi590:
Thanks OP.

Right from times, it has always been useful to me and my household, I always keep them, as I speak, I can produce close to 50-70 in my house cheesy

could this be lai Mohammed's nairaland username?
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by asiwaju87(m): 9:32pm On Dec 28, 2015
Wehn was the last time I even bought a new #readymade bag and/or shoe shocked

1 Like

Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by wunmi590(m): 9:38pm On Dec 28, 2015
banky222:

could this be lai Mohammed's nairaland username?

Lmao, it hard to believe, but the beauty of how they are wraped are what made me keep them, mind you one of my aunt is into new shoes and bags so I get them always.
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 28, 2015
NaLaugh:

You are just being stupid.
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by gfullmoon(m): 9:41pm On Dec 28, 2015
Can it prevent dampness on the down low as some ladies distaste it? Hahahahahahahaha
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by DaisyII: 10:07pm On Dec 28, 2015
osaslord500:
Some men shoe needs silica bag alot

including yours...
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by mysteryman2014: 10:41pm On Dec 28, 2015
EroticJane:
cool such a nice precious stones to keep

Hello
Re: After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! by blackprowler: 10:41pm On Dec 28, 2015
philtex:
Thanku.

but wer can I get it grin

Not available sadly. I tried to make it a business as I always think out new things. First of all, to convince Nigerians about buying something they're not used to, na WAEC. They would make you fail in business because you tried something new. Second problem is that the cost of sending them down far outweigh the price of the commodity itself. The only way to get around that is to be a wealthy businessman and import large quantities by sea, but me I be poor man, blessed with the capacity to think but cursed to be born where it is not appreciated. My professional camera began its descent into ruin because of a problem of fungus which would have been prevented if I had the substance in my camera bag. This is what led me to the research on it. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Carries 3 Bags Of Cement, One With His Teeth (Photos) / Huge Python Killed In Ibafo, Ogun Behind A Church (Photos) / Can You Drink This Liquor ,the Name Has "Gay" On It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.