Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,642 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

‘boko Haram Cannot End In One Day’, Lai Mohammed Changes Gear - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘boko Haram Cannot End In One Day’, Lai Mohammed Changes Gear (515 Views)

Osinbajo Speaks With Buhari Every Day – Lai Mohammed / Tension: Boko Haram Cannot Be Destroyed – Controversy Trails Attack On Church / Why One Chance Cannot End Soon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘boko Haram Cannot End In One Day’, Lai Mohammed Changes Gear by SignalNG1(m): 2:21pm On Dec 29, 2015
Nigeria’s Information Minister, Lai Mohammed, has said the Boko Haram insurgency cannot end in one day. This is coming after the Minister declared last week that Nigeria has already defeated Boko Haram.

According to him, Nigerian military has largely succeeded in defeating Boko Haram because the insurgents are now “only operating from one or two local governments”. But he has also urged the media to stop “giving oxygen to the terrorists”, saying the war cannot be successful without the cooperation of journalists.

In a chat with journalists, Lai Mohammed said that “Just as I said in my meeting with the newspapers editors in Lagos on the 21st of December, the military has largely met the deadline to defeat Boko Haram, and the military has matched the capacity of terrorists to carry out the attacks they used to.”

“Of course, I also mentioned that the terrorists will continue to attack such targets as markets, motor parks, entertainment centres and houses of worship; and this is exactly what is going on.

“We know that in an insurgency, the war does not end in one day. The attack on soft targets will continue, but we also want to appeal to the media to stop giving oxygen to the Boko Haram insurgency. When we glamorise the attacks, it gives the terrorists more life and in a time of insurgency like this, the media also has a role to play, which is not to glamorize the attacks.

Read more: http://www.signalng.com/5590-2/
Re: ‘boko Haram Cannot End In One Day’, Lai Mohammed Changes Gear by jamoscofield(m): 2:23pm On Dec 29, 2015
This man ehn!! is he high on

o s o g b o. weeds....??
Re: ‘boko Haram Cannot End In One Day’, Lai Mohammed Changes Gear by nelsonoba: 2:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
I don't blame this man......I blame the blind "change" shouting Nigerians who put his party in power with their votes and blind hatred for GEJ. Welcome to the change!

1 Like

Re: ‘boko Haram Cannot End In One Day’, Lai Mohammed Changes Gear by Babprosper20(m): 2:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
Re: ‘boko Haram Cannot End In One Day’, Lai Mohammed Changes Gear by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 29, 2015

. i de come
Re: ‘boko Haram Cannot End In One Day’, Lai Mohammed Changes Gear by Pidggin(f): 2:29pm On Dec 29, 2015
This man is a misfit.

Between, how come all post on Lie Mhmd reaches FP?
Re: ‘boko Haram Cannot End In One Day’, Lai Mohammed Changes Gear by Naijiant: 2:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
Re: ‘boko Haram Cannot End In One Day’, Lai Mohammed Changes Gear by oganology33(m): 3:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
Technically, Boko Haram will end 4 years from now. Time 2 Enjoy Your Bleep Up! Nigerians.

(1) (Reply)

Ex-minister Obanikoro Replies Sahara Reporters On Hiding From Investigators / Highlights Of Buhari's Words From The Presidential Media Chat Of 30th Dec 2015!! / What Was Pdp/ipob's 2015 Biggest Propanganda?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.